AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-02-21, 12:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1108 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time, folks! Credit to AP's Redon and pewpiece for the info:

-Chapter title is "World, Please Respond". Splash is a color page featuring Nami, Robin, and various OP ladies (one of them being Uta from Film Red, interestingly enough).

-Continuing straight off from last chapter, Caribou gets straight to business: He says he has valuable intel to share with Blackbeard. However, Augur and Devon seem pretty skeptical of his claim. Meanwhile, Dorry and Brogy's crew reach Egghead, and save Franky's group from the marines! The captains then set off for the center of the island to back up Luffy's group....

-Speaking of, the wounded Vegapunk urges Luffy and Sanji to leave him behind, and to instead ensure Bonney makes a safe escape. Now that the secret behind her authority over the Pacifistas is out in the open, she'll forever be a high-priority target for the government. Saturn then returns to the battle, in a new form, no less! He and Kizaru continue their assault on Luffy's group, with the admiral blasting a hole through Vegapunk's chest, leaving him even more fatally wounded! Luffy then turns giant to stop both enemies by himself, giving Sanji and Vegapunk the chance to escape, but.... thing are looking grim for the scientist. We then cut to Vegapunk's lab, where a recorded message plays, addressed to the whole world. He has some important information to share, that being.... the TRUTH of this world.....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-02-24 at 08:34.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 13:05   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is one of the biggest mystery of One Piece about to be revealed or will the next chapter blueball us?
Old 2024-02-21, 14:41   Link #3
Homura7

He already received a fatal wound prior and now he's been maimed further, I'm afraid Vegapunk might really bite it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The chapter ends with Vegapunk sharing his final message to the world.... that being, the TRUTH of this world.....!!!!!
Yep, he's done for. To tell the truth about the world is tantamount to telling what the One Piece is.

Last edited by Homura7; 2024-02-21 at 15:11.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 16:44   Link #4
Gerard07

I was hoping (and I still am) that Sanji would stay and fight with Kizaru, I know I shouldn't be able to beat him, but I think it would be a good experience for the cook, so I hope he stays and fights together with Luffy. Regarding Vegapunk, when it refers to telling the truth, does it mean what happened in Egghead, or what he discovered about the Empty Century?, or both?, wait for more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 17:53   Link #5
espec22

Could this be true? A big REVELATION is coming but which one? Wil we get the reveal about what happened in that lost PIECE of history? Willhe reveal who is the ONE true ruler of the world?
espec22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 18:49   Link #6
grecefar

At least... there is not "NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK" in the title this time, so we should know that true in the next chapter.

Already talking about the next even before the current one is out lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 11:41   Link #7
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is one of the biggest mystery of One Piece about to be revealed or will the next chapter blueball us?
No blueballing will happen because Luffy has the only two who could put a stop to this literally in his grip.

We were so focused on Saturn and Kizaru that it never occurred to us that the world-shaking event the narrator alluded to would be the Will of Ohara reaching to the World.

Egghead arc is the wrap up of the Water 7/Enies Lobby and Sabaody arcs, the completion of Kuma and Vegapunk's characters and the beginning of the end for the World Government. It was never about winning, it's about sending a message. The war that Whitebeard foretold is about to begin.
Old 2024-02-22, 12:41   Link #8
Kaz_

Saturn looks pretty horrifying in this form and I really doubt he will go down silently. I assume its safe to say Kizaru's out of picture by now, he was just a distraction to Luffy anyway.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 13:30   Link #9
Homura7

Chapter's out.

In the final panel there's a cardiac monitor that shows a straight line just as the broadcast turns on, meaning it was a failsafe. Vegapunk has died, and he's taking the World Government with him!
Old 2024-02-22, 16:07   Link #10
grecefar

that last page gave goosebumps.
Old 2024-02-23, 10:40   Link #11
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, the Giants saved Bonney, Saturn went wild... is the fruit's consciousness dominating him or something?, Vegapunk already has one foot in the grave, and Luffy will stay to fight with Kizaru and Saturn, (although I still have hope that Sanji will also stay and fight), and Vegapunk is going to tell the "truth" to the world, the next chapter will surely have revelations, wait for it!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 14:09   Link #12
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

The truth of the world? I sure hope they don't just go "Your all living in a dream."
Old 2024-02-23, 23:56   Link #13
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Goddamn it feels bad being a Sanji fan right now. /s

Circumstances were dire for Vegapunk after Saturn impaled him but Kizaru stabbing him one more time along with the playing of a pre-recorded message might have just sealed his fate.
Old 2024-02-24, 00:39   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
At least... there is not "NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK" in the title this time, so we should know that true in the next chapter.

Already talking about the next even before the current one is out lol.
Well... I hope so, since we need to know Shueisha's holiday pattern as well. Sometimes, no chapter next week could be from Shueisha, not Oda.

But, still, this means that Vegapunk is indeed dead, and I'm sure Morgans would love to spread this news and cause more wildfire. The news would certainly give Revolutionaries more advantage and some Marines may go renegade after this.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 02:25   Link #15
Rainbowman

Wonder what kind of reward Caribou will get by giving the intel to Blackbeard. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 02:49   Link #16
The Small One

Now that Vegapunk is dead, I wonder what will happen to his remaining satellites. With his death, the devil fruit should return to its fruit form, so the satellites shouldn't be able to exist anymore or at least the shared memory should vanish.

Actually I don't think this kind of outcome is too surprising, with all his advanced knowledge and technical capabilities, Vegapunk would be a too powerful ally for the Straw Hats. I just wonder what his last message will contain. I always expected, that the whole truth of the world thing is something, that's hidden on Laugh Tale. So if Vegapunk now tells everything, there is no point in going there anymore. So he can't know everything.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 06:57   Link #17
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Now that Vegapunk is dead, I wonder what will happen to his remaining satellites. With his death, the devil fruit should return to its fruit form, so the satellites shouldn't be able to exist anymore or at least the shared memory should vanish..
The satellites are all Vegapunk, they are each a part of himself and Vegapunk created them as his successors should he die one day. As long as one of the satellites is still around the devil fruit won't regenerate back. As proof of what I'm telling you, York was planning to have every satellite killed off, Stella included, and become the sole survivor.

Speaking of the subject, do you guys remember Lilith was the first of the satellites we were introduced to and were mislead into believing she was the real deal? Well, now that Stella and Shaka are dead, guess who's going to take over as the lead genius scientist?
Old 2024-02-24, 08:55   Link #18
marvelB

Well, there were people who were worried that Blackbeard's schemes would dilute whatever infamy Luffy gains from the Egghead incident.... but I think potentially being blamed for the death of the world's greatest genius (who decided to drop the nuclear equivalent of an info bomb as his final message), as well as toppling one of the world's overseers, should sufficiently steamroll over any other emperor's headlines for the foreseeable future, methinks. Well, short of Blackbeard gaining control over the ancient weapons, but I don't think that's exactly something that will happen overnight, lol.

Also, interesting to learn that Doll once worked under Saul. Wonder how old she is, then? The Ohara incident was over 20 years ago, so I guess she's middle age (unless she's another Kureha/Shakky type who somehow found the secret to eternal youth )? And speaking of Saul, I can only imagine how shocked the marines will be to find out he survived after all this time. I wonder if even Kuzan knew....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 09:43   Link #19
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
The satellites are all Vegapunk, they are each a part of himself and Vegapunk created them as his successors should he die one day. As long as one of the satellites is still around the devil fruit won't regenerate back. As proof of what I'm telling you, York was planning to have every satellite killed off, Stella included, and become the sole survivor.

Speaking of the subject, do you guys remember Lilith was the first of the satellites we were introduced to and were mislead into believing she was the real deal? Well, now that Stella and Shaka are dead, guess who's going to take over as the lead genius scientist?
It this were true, then there would be no need for a final message, at least not until all of them were dead, IMHO.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 10:28   Link #20
grecefar

unless this is the best time to do it since egghead can transmit to all the world to hear what he has to say.