Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 20:12   Link #641
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
wait so efreet is like a double personality within kotori?
so she is the one that uses the black ribbon?
she falls for shidou or her sealing was forced?
Spoiler for LN:
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:25   Link #642
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:
Yeah, Efreet is Kotori; just looking at Volume 4's cover is enough to realize that. There is no split personality; Efreet is Kotori, and Kotori is Efreet. Her ribbons are pretty much switches, as you can read about her changing her hair's ribbons in Volumes 2 and 3. And her sealing wasn't forced.
Spoiler:

I am so tempted to grab my copy of Volume 5 and start reading. ;_; Ah, the temptation...the urge...

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-10 at 22:48.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:27   Link #643
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Yeah, Efreet is Kotori; just looking at Volume 4's cover is enough to realize that. There is no split personality; Efreet is Kotori, and Kotori is Efreet. Yeah, her ribbons are pretty much switches, as you can read about her changing her hair's ribbons in Volumes 2 and 3. Her sealing wasn't indeed forced.
Spoiler:

I am so tempted to grab my copy of Volume 5 and start reading. ;_; Ah, the temptation...the urge...
And the mystery continue on "who" exactly is Shidou.
forced herself on Shidou <3 shoulda expected that lol
Old 2012-09-10, 21:45   Link #644
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
And the mystery continue on "who" exactly is Shidou.
forced herself on Shidou <3 shoulda expected that lol
To be fair to Kotori, he was unconscious at the time, heh.

I really shouldn't say more; I might end up ruining the fun of you reading through Volume 4!
Old 2012-09-10, 21:47   Link #645
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
To be fair to Kotori, he was unconscious at the time, heh.

I really shouldn't say more; I might end up ruining the fun of you reading through Volume 4!
Lol *slam head to wall over the fact that I couldn't read vol 4*
on a side note I wonder how the anime will turn out >_< seem like if they only did up to Yoshino it would be too "stretched" out to fit at least 12 ep, but if they start doing kurumi i don't think they can finish =w=
Old 2012-09-10, 21:55   Link #646
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol *slam head to wall over the fact that I couldn't read vol 4*
on a side note I wonder how the anime will turn out >_< seem like if they only did up to Yoshino it would be too "stretched" out to fit at least 12 ep, but if they start doing kurumi i don't think they can finish =w=
Honestly, I think the anime should end at Volume 4. It's the highest peak of the series so far, and while it will end with a cliffhanger note, it's better than trudging on with crappy original stories and ending half-assed since the LN isn't even anywhere near halfway through its actual/intended story.

I'm also not really looking forward to the anime that much. Seeing the characters animated and voiced is nice and all (I would LOVE to hear Tohka voiced and see her animated, JUST to laugh so hard at her countless idiot moments LOL), but what I'm looking forward to is the series' continuation as it unfolds with every new volume. I won't say for sure, and I'll just be keeping my expectations to a minimum and think of the anime as just a really expensive advertisement, but if it ends up being more than decent then I'll enjoy it all the same.

I want to see more volumes though, just to really find out more about the story.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-10 at 22:06.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:58   Link #647
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Honestly, I think the anime should end at Volume 4. It's the highest peak of the series so far, and while it will end with a cliffhanger note, it's better than trudging on with crappy original stories and ending half-assed since the LN isn't even anywhere near halfway through its actual/intended story.

I'm also not really looking forward to the anime that much. Seeing the characters animated and voiced is nice and all (I would LOVE to hear Tohka voiced and see her animated, JUST to laugh so hard at her countless idiot moments LOL), but what I'm looking forward more to is the series' continuation as it unfolds with every new volume.
Lol there should be at least ten volumes or the number with their name will just go off unexplained....this is one of those novels that's advertised a lot~ like fastest series to be animated? So I'm hoping they put in decent amount of work in the anime, hope it won't end up with something like "to deal with kurumi leaving, we will just make kurumi fall in love with Shidou somehow in a different way than in the novel so we don't have to leave kurumi gone and forgotten at the end of the series"
Old 2012-09-10, 22:13   Link #648
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol there should be at least ten volumes or the number with their name will just go off unexplained....this is one of those novels that's advertised a lot~ like fastest series to be animated? So I'm hoping they put in decent amount of work in the anime, hope it won't end up with something like "to deal with kurumi leaving, we will just make kurumi fall in love with Shidou somehow in a different way than in the novel so we don't have to leave kurumi gone and forgotten at the end of the series"
Yeah, I think the anime announcement was around Volume 2? Can't recall to be honest, but it was definitely fast. I think Fujimi just wanted to get the word out in order to get people's interest. It might work against them, though, because if it takes too long then people will just forget. Which might end up being the case, seeing as there's only five volumes out and way more questions than answers in the plot.

However, judging from their recent huge advertising push for Date a Live (and I mean HUGE; just check out their site and the news/special sections), I am thinking that they are doing this to not only increase awareness about the series (even in honto, Date a Live got a huge sales bump thanks to their recent promotional events); they might actually be getting underway with the animation project, and are biding their time until Volume 6's release before they announce anything more specific regarding the animation.
Old 2012-09-10, 22:18   Link #649
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Ya. Not to mention that it already have a manga adaptation as well, so I'm really hoping they would announce more info bout the anime soon, it sure will be interesting seeing what they will do with the animation
Old 2012-09-11, 01:00   Link #650
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Ya. Not to mention that it already have a manga adaptation as well, so I'm really hoping they would announce more info bout the anime soon, it sure will be interesting seeing what they will do with the animation
Or, they could make the anime into its own thing. Like what some authors do when they publish sidestories, they could have the author make some sidestories and animate those instead. Small events that happen in between volumes, say after Tohka's capture, Yoshino's capture, Nightmare's "prior activities", etc. Not necessarily episodes of daily life sort of thing. These could be small episodes after the bulky, LN-relevant episodes.

That way the animation stays relevant yet interesting enough while still being able to garner interest for the original ongoing LN series. Would be an interesting direction, IMO.

I just want to see more Volumes, really. I am just so eager to see what the future has in store! ;_;
Old 2012-09-11, 01:03   Link #651
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Or, they could make the anime into its own thing. Like what some authors do when they publish sidestories, they could have the author make some sidestories and animate those instead. Small events that happen in between volumes, say after Tohka's capture, Yoshino's capture, Nightmare's "prior activities", etc. Not necessarily episodes of daily life sort of thing. These could be small episodes after the bulky, LN-relevant episodes.

That way the animation stays relevant yet interesting enough while still being able to garner interest for the original ongoing LN series. Would be an interesting direction, IMO.

I just want to see more Volumes, really. I am just so eager to see what the future has in store! ;_;
Fillers? As long as its not ones that's "forcefully" put in, as in they have nothing better to put and just made up something on the spot to put in as fillers >_>
Old 2012-09-11, 01:10   Link #652
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Fillers? As long as its not ones that's "forcefully" put in, as in they have nothing better to put and just made up something on the spot to put in as fillers >_>
Yeah, and they should keep the characters consistent too. That's what most fillers suffer from. It should preserve their personalities. Like how Kotori is overbearing, Yoshino is thin air, Tohka is an idiot, and Origami is a stalking molester pervert rapist hahaha.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:20   Link #653
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Yeah, and they should keep the characters consistent too. That's what most fillers suffer from. It should preserve their personalities. Like how Kotori is overbearing, Yoshino is thin air, Tohka is an idiot, and Origami is a stalking molester pervert rapist hahaha.
I want a LOOOOOOT more kotori showtime <3
Old 2012-09-11, 01:51   Link #654
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I want a LOOOOOOT more kotori showtime <3
Tons of Kotori showtime! In Volume 4! Hahaha.
Old 2012-09-11, 02:04   Link #655
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Tons of Kotori showtime! In Volume 4! Hahaha.
They should officially make kotori the main heroine now <3
Old 2012-09-11, 02:36   Link #656
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
They should officially make kotori the main heroine now <3
Speaking of Kotori, do you remember how mad she gets whenever Shidou unintentionally shoots down siscon flags with such promptness?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-11, 02:40   Link #657
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Speaking of Kotori, do you remember how mad she gets whenever Shidou unintentionally shoots down siscon flags with such promptness?

Spoiler:
Lol, kotori can be quite evil when she get mad It's ok, she's setting up flags faster than he can shoot them down XD even at the beginning of vol 1 she setted up a flag~ Official heroine right there XD
Old 2012-09-11, 05:36   Link #658
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol, kotori can be quite evil when she get mad It's ok, she's setting up flags faster than he can shoot them down XD even at the beginning of vol 1 she setted up a flag~ Official heroine right there XD
Too bad for her, Shidou doesn't even know she's setting up flags! XD
Old 2012-09-11, 14:09   Link #659
EvI

Quote:
Too bad for her, Shidou doesn't even know she's setting up flags! XD
well this isn't even a flag actually...
so efreet is kotori huh...so why the hell use another name?
and hell...if we wait for the translations next year maybe volume 3 finishes kkkkk so no need to be troubled with the spoiler
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:43   Link #660
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
well this isn't even a flag actually...
so efreet is kotori huh...so why the hell use another name?
and hell...if we wait for the translations next year maybe volume 3 finishes kkkkk so no need to be troubled with the spoiler
Go Go Translations *still waiting for vol 4 here* I'm like mindlessly refreshing the site hoping for vol 4 to be out LOL
Spoiler for Ln:

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy