AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-12, 23:20   Link #1661
Tran225

where do u guys get these games usually download or u buy it?
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 23:30   Link #1662
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
where do u guys get these games usually download or u buy it?
Be aware that you're treading on very thin ice...

The games being discussed in this thread are all commercial games, which means they're for sale (and, as far as I know, you can't legally download them, and certainly not for free). I usually buy them either at HimeyaShop or PaletWeb, personally. There's also a "Where to buy Japanese games?" thread that may be of interest to you.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 01:21   Link #1663
mr_winkie
Producer

Be aware that they're not cheap either -- some games cost close to $90 or so at HimeyaShop. There are other companies that sell translated games such as Hirameki for instance, but even still the number of good games commercially available in English is small.

Going back to the topic, I've been playing (or watching, rather) Hourglass of Summer as of late. Wish I didn't have to play it on my DVD Player though.....
mr_winkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 03:33   Link #1664
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_winkie View Post
Be aware that they're not cheap either -- some games cost close to $90 or so at HimeyaShop. There are other companies that sell translated games such as Hirameki for instance, but even still the number of good games commercially available in English is small.

Going back to the topic, I've been playing (or watching, rather) Hourglass of Summer as of late. Wish I didn't have to play it on my DVD Player though.....
Yeah the prices suck... and honestly i dont see whats wrong with playing the games on DVD player *i havent played Hourglass of Summer* i find laying on my couch much more relaxing then mt Chair at the compute ** waaa dont have that latop...yet
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 05:25   Link #1665
rg4619

Quote:
Rip the DVD and run it with VLC. You'll have to put up with some minor glitches, but it's a lot better than running the game on an actual DVD player.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:54   Link #1666
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
Yeah the prices suck... and honestly i dont see whats wrong with playing the games on DVD player *i havent played Hourglass of Summer* i find laying on my couch much more relaxing then mt Chair at the compute ** waaa dont have that latop...yet
The only thing wrong is that your save file is in the form of a password that you input to continue...
And if you lose that password...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 06:00   Link #1667
-Nyu-
Yozora

A friend of mine asked me for good rpg visual novels like Seinarukana or Utawarerumono. Any suggestions?
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 06:38   Link #1668
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Aside from the two, there's also Eien no Aseria and...

...hmm...

Maybe Tenkuu no Sinfonia?
Old 2007-12-15, 07:53   Link #1669
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
A friend of mine asked me for good rpg visual novels like Seinarukana or Utawarerumono. Any suggestions?
Maybe Eternal Fantasy, Prism Ark or Tears to Tiara? The list can be made much longer but those are three that I've enjoyed most.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 10:16   Link #1670
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh yeah, I forgot those games. They're definitely good. How about Izumo, Castle Fantasia, Men at Work, or any of AliceSoft's games?

EDIT: Holy crap, does Mio Kifune (of ExE) and Yuuhi Katagiri (of Akane-iro) have the same voice actress?

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-12-15 at 12:31.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 16:22   Link #1671
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Checking..........

Yes, the flame haze ripoff and the tsundere ojou-sama are voiced by the same VA.
Old 2007-12-15, 16:35   Link #1672
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_winkie View Post
Nobody said it was a cheap hobby...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 00:55   Link #1673
wtffmp111

I don't read Japanese, so my choices are limited obviously. I have played Tsukihime and the first arc of Fate/Stay Night though, courtesy of mirror moon's translation team (which kicks ass btw, but they're being real slow on the 2nd arc release, unfortunately. ).

I was really wanting to play Kimi ga Nozomu Eien after watching the anime a while ago, but afaik no one has translated this game? I'd love to buy it, but it would be kinda worthless if there was no fan translation like mirror moon does. Anyone know if there's been any effort to translate this game?
wtffmp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 01:24   Link #1674
mr_winkie
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtffmp111 View Post
I was really wanting to play Kimi ga Nozomu Eien after watching the anime a while ago, but afaik no one has translated this game? I'd love to buy it, but it would be kinda worthless if there was no fan translation like mirror moon does. Anyone know if there's been any effort to translate this game?
As far as I know, there aren't any - sorry. Maybe in the future a group of fansubbers/programmers will do a fan translation. But at least there are dedicated groups that are finished with their respective projects like the fine folks at Mirror Moon, and hopefully they'll release the translation for the other routes in Fate/Stay Night.
mr_winkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 01:34   Link #1675
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Kamipani.................... DELAYED!!!!

To 2/29/2008.
Old 2007-12-16, 02:46   Link #1676
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Same with ToHeart 2 Another Days?

Oh man.
Old 2007-12-16, 10:11   Link #1677
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

god i hope not i was really looking foward to that one
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:12   Link #1678
Dxon
Inactive Member

Its a long time ago I actually played some ero games. Anyone recommend some?
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:26   Link #1679
-Nyu-
Yozora

First of all thanks @ all people who gave me recommendations for rpg titles.

Now to your question Dxon, I dunno if you know Japanese, if not I'd recommend you checking the titles on this list:
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...=618&Itemid=81
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:38   Link #1680
Dxon
Inactive Member

I dont know japanese but I do have Atlas and AGTH. Anyone familiar with that duo? ^^
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel