AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 01:41   Link #41
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
This just made my day,I havn't liked anything out of the .hack franchise since sign but this was great

I hated how in roots you never saw any of the players in the real world,that was one of my favorite parts of sign,this isn't the case here,there's plenty of real life scenes and constantly you're reminded they're playing a game , even if in typical .hack fashion things start getting weird at the end (is that Morganna at the end?).

Add in the great action that was never present in any of bee train's .hack series and I'm sold.

Also I was loving the voice cast when it was announced and they all delivered,special nod to 15 year old Ogura Yui who was wonderfull in this and in the small part she had in Ore no Imouto,I hope she gets a leading role soon.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:40   Link #42
DangerMouse

Been totally looking forward to this, can't wait till I have some time to see the episode.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:37   Link #43
Xion Valkyrie

Terrific first episode. Like people already said, the action and animation is really well done. I also love how the characters act and talk like real people. The older .hack animes had this problem where characters would talk for 5 minutes in these cryptic manners, but in the end really said nothing substantial.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 05:13   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've played some of the games in the past, though my question is, is any previous knowledge from the adaptations needed to enjoy this OVA?
Old 2011-02-09, 06:19   Link #45
eiyuu99

Reference for The One Sin

Spoiler:

Last edited by eiyuu99; 2011-02-09 at 06:38.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 06:52   Link #46
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why is it that almost every avatar looks similar to .hackers ? The first episode leaves many mystery...though the main problems still remains the same (comatose).

btw, I like this version of Aina

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:37   Link #47
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've played some of the games in the past, though my question is, is any previous knowledge from the adaptations needed to enjoy this OVA?
No, the only link to the previous series is with .Hack// Link because the game suffered a big reboot. So these characters are on the new version of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Reference for The One Sin

Spoiler:
Only those PKs, IYOTEN and ASTA, are the old ones the others are people using the old characters avatars.

Also I laughed hard how at well organized they were to fight The One Sin only to be killed by Sakuya in one move after triggering a trap .

Trivia: In the The World R:2 Haseo fought the One Sin, in accord to him... it was boring .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:40   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, the only link to the previous series is with .Hack// Link because the game suffered a big reboot. So these characters are on the new version of the game.
Thanks. I'll give it a watch then and see what i make of it.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:03   Link #49
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
can't wait until next episode. ANN says Vintage: 2010-11-27 to 2011-01-22 , so it should be done. Anyone know why the other episodes aren't out yet? raws?
Old 2011-02-09, 14:08   Link #50
drsypher

I'm not sure what happened, but the first episode only just came out late last month. The next episode comes out at the end of this month and I think the last one comes out at the end of March.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:21   Link #51
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thanks. I'll give it a watch then and see what i make of it.
Link is a game for PSP.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:09   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Link is a game for PSP.
I was talking about Quantum.
Old 2011-02-09, 17:55   Link #53
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Also I laughed hard how at well organized they were to fight The One Sin only to be killed by Sakuya in one move after triggering a trap .

Trivia: In the The World R:2 Haseo fought the One Sin, in accord to him... it was boring .
One must wonder why someone built a trap floor that could collapse the entire building.. What were the administrators that made that zone thinking?
Old 2011-02-09, 18:00   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Those are certainly some impressive visuals. I'd easily take a three episode OVA over a 26 episode TV series if this is the level we'd keep getting. It's not only 'The World' scenes, RL shots are so stunning, especially inside the school.

Story so far is pretty standard .Hack from what i've experiences over the years. I guess watching this is the push i've been meaning to go and watch everything.

Totally loving Sawashiro Miyuki's role here. A cool girl by day, a knight in shining armor at night. A dream come true.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:13   Link #55
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Trivia: In the The World R:2 Haseo fought the One Sin, in accord to him... it was boring
Well, the one sin in R:2 is weaker than the One Sin in R:1 I mean, it only has 2 elemental resistance compared to the original R:1 in which it has all elemental resistance...So it's no wonder that he called it boring

Quote:
One must wonder why someone built a trap floor that could collapse the entire building.. What were the administrators that made that zone thinking?
Not to mention that the secret trap lies in the secret path that no one usually knows ...or at least that's what it seems.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 21:55   Link #56
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Never seen any of the other .Hack series but I really loved the first episode here. It was fast paced, fun, really felt like the characters were playing a MMORPG and the art was gorgeous. Can't wait for the second episode!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 05:23   Link #57
eiyuu99

If there are accomplishments, Sakuya can gain
"Pro Trap Springer" - Kill 10 PCs or more wih a single Trap.

R:1 The One Sin has more restrictions and its weakness unlikely noticed by a large group.
For Haseo who fought AIDA, Avatars, Azure Flame God, etc, R:2 The One Sin is just another one of them. lol
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:53   Link #58
Jaden

I always thought .hack is a great concept for an anime, and while I liked the previous iterations this is just fantastic!

I wish the real world MMORPG genre was this advanced. I don't mean all the detailed interactions and virtual reality stuff, but the way a select few are able to become ridiculously powerful, and how there's no instancing and players are free to go grief each other everywhere. There's been a few attempts like Darkfall but the technology and especially the design is always lacking.
Old 2011-02-11, 20:21   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Do you remember the "cat" that was doing something before the fight and laughing later? Well, thats your culprit .
Old 2011-02-11, 22:46   Link #60
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Do you remember the "cat" that was doing something before the fight and laughing later? Well, thats your culprit .
Was the "cat" waiting for someone to be silly enough to pull the "Self-Destruction" switch on the floor??