AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-28, 19:11   Link #2601
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

From my basic understanding a contractor starts the elemental blood line, thos within the the blood line can have varying amount of power.

Bascily the only real difference in Genma and Kazuma is that Genma is a pure blood(?) fire user whos part of a high level fire tribe who gets support from fire elements under the supper vision of the king of his element, Kazuma is a contractor one chosen directly by the spirit king of his element.

Kazuma's power matches the older and more skilled Genmas because he is a contractor and gained some skill via ramping the year before but I believe the brunt of it comes from him begin a contractor and his own natural talents of badassness. :P

Do any of the novels show how bad he was when he first started using his power?
I'd like to think he would start off no worse than low level mage tryign to do too much at once, I guess in the end the rampaging honed his skills quickly.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 22:54   Link #2602
Pparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post

Do any of the novels show how bad he was when he first started using his power?
I'd like to think he would start off no worse than low level mage tryign to do too much at once, I guess in the end the rampaging honed his skills quickly.

The novel have yet to reveal what happened right after he gained the contractor power. The only thing is known that he was about to die after failing to save Ling and that is when his power awaken, which is what ultimately save his own life.
Pparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 22:56   Link #2603
Pparrot

Although in the extra story novel they did mention he had a master and a young boy which is his senpai. The young senpai actually has some story with Ren in the extra story when he visit Japan and transfer to Ren's class.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:01   Link #2604
ZippyDSM

Pparrot
Ling? Tso rin?

perhaps I should rephrase my Q as "how bad was he after he got his power" LOL

ah so he did not learn from rampaging that came after a period of training?
Old 2007-09-29, 00:11   Link #2605
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly one thing I'm looking forward to finding out down the road is how Kazuma became a contractor. Certainly isn't some simple thing to do so the backstory behind that would be interesting.

But also his skills when first gaining his power would be something to see. A question of whether he picked up really quickly or it took some time. Not sure how growing up in a fire using clan would impact if it would at all learning to use the wind.
Old 2007-09-29, 03:31   Link #2606
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ That i was disappointed with that it was never shown - goddamit i want to know how he got his haxx powers!!

In fact i am hoping that the DVDs have special omakes that shows a couple of flashbacks to his previous self -
I also want to know about his rampage in london

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 10:19   Link #2607
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly one thing I'm looking forward to finding out down the road is how Kazuma became a contractor. Certainly isn't some simple thing to do so the backstory behind that would be interesting.

But also his skills when first gaining his power would be something to see. A question of whether he picked up really quickly or it took some time. Not sure how growing up in a fire using clan would impact if it would at all learning to use the wind.
After Tsuo Rins death I would think he would have been a inferno to "train"

I wonder if in the novel they detailed the finer points of the emotion/mood of other element users we know anger dose fire users well but what abotu the others?

It seems a good wind user needs to be relaxed and somewhat playful.

I wonder what earth and water need.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:22   Link #2608
Sassarai
Army of One

If they do make a second season I hope it turns into a full metal panic fummoffu and ignore any type of plot because that was the weakness of this series. BURNHARTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 11:53   Link #2609
Pparrot

For my understanding of the novel, it seem his power (contractor power?) awaken the moment when he was about to be killed (after Rin was dead). I dont think the novel really specified exactly yet.

P.S and yes when i was saying Ling .. it was Rin (chinese translations are little off)
Old 2007-09-29, 11:59   Link #2610
ZippyDSM

Sassarai
I think the show has a strong plot the story could use some work.
I don't think I could stand 20ish eps of randomness Naruto cured my want for random fillers 0-o

Pparrot
Ah, well the anime did hint but not much more than that.
Old 2007-09-29, 12:48   Link #2611
Sassarai
Army of One

ZippyDSM- does that mean you own a Eclipse or something?
Anyways I dont know the story was all over the place and then it became a pokemon battle when people started gaining powers through the internet. Not to even mention the bad guy just wants to see people in despair sounds like another anime INUKAMI!!! except I love inukami. Only thing that kept my interest is the fooling around between kazuma and ayano.
Old 2007-09-29, 13:07   Link #2612
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I would personally prefer a story rather than just randomness - besides what we got now wasnt all over the place as you put it - i quite enjoyed the story however cheesy it may be

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 13:14   Link #2613
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ZippyDSM- does that mean you own a Eclipse or something?
Anyways I dont know the story was all over the place and then it became a pokemon battle when people started gaining powers through the internet. Not to even mention the bad guy just wants to see people in despair sounds like another anime INUKAMI!!! except I love inukami. Only thing that kept my interest is the fooling around between kazuma and ayano.
Inukami was great wasn't it the comdey and anti okuta stuff was devilishly fun.

My main problem with Kaze is its to short to spend more than 2 eps on mindless filler ish eps sure some of it was in the novels like the ghost busting thing and such but really they are dragging it out for no reason get to the core of the charatcers and shit don't drag the established ones into the ground, they could have doen 1-2 min side quest stuff at the end of ep like Umisho dose lets try and keep the core of each ep filled with solid story and charatcer development and at most use acouple eps for sillyness but oh well at least its better than read or die TV that mendaners about for the whole damn thing.

As for Burnheart hes doing 2 or 3 things at once not just gettign kicks and annoying kazuma, the summon stuff was not to strange since there are summoners in Kaze no stimgas world and I can only count 3 or 4 eps that had them in it maybe 5 or 6 total if you count all of Mcdonald girls stuff LOL.

If you dont like it fine I think of it as more polished than Kaibutsu Oujo but still a guilty pleasure.
Old 2007-09-29, 13:30   Link #2614
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I loved Inukami.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 15:03   Link #2615
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Inukami was great wasn't it the comdey and anti okuta stuff was devilishly fun.

My main problem with Kaze is its to short to spend more than 2 eps on mindless filler ish eps sure some of it was in the novels like the ghost busting thing and such but really they are dragging it out for no reason get to the core of the charatcers and shit don't drag the established ones into the ground, they could have doen 1-2 min side quest stuff at the end of ep like Umisho dose lets try and keep the core of each ep filled with solid story and charatcer development and at most use acouple eps for sillyness but oh well at least its better than read or die TV that mendaners about for the whole damn thing.

As for Burnheart hes doing 2 or 3 things at once not just gettign kicks and annoying kazuma, the summon stuff was not to strange since there are summoners in Kaze no stimgas world and I can only count 3 or 4 eps that had them in it maybe 5 or 6 total if you count all of Mcdonald girls stuff LOL.

If you dont like it fine I think of it as more polished than Kaibutsu Oujo but still a guilty pleasure.

lol you seen inukami the movie yet? Its so funny but its so short . Not sub yet either. The hentai jokes are the best.

I dont hate kaze no stigma it was just an okay show imo sort of like kaibutsu. Except kaibutsu got some hot female chars. Hime + Reiri. <3 their giggles.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:07   Link #2616
Joka

The anime was shitty. So much potential and yet everything wasted by the way the show was portrayed. This had so much chemistry and potential going for it that I am shocked and appalled at they way it was screwed up.

The bad drawing was not even it. The childish manner that the show took to and the horrible way of presenting the story made me want to gag. I was having so much fun in the begining, because I thought the story would be more mature, darker, and would have deep plot twists and character development, but was I wrong as shit.

The anime took to an immature side, with shitty fights, that were repeated time and time again. The story was butchered by the episodic shit that was thrown in there. Ayano had space to develop, but did not. Kazuma should have been darker and more twisted.

The fights should have leaned away from powering up and blasting shit to bits.

Fuck the producer, director, voice actors, and any other asshole that was associated with making this steaming pile of shit. You fucked a show that had so much momentum going for it that I want to run you over with my car.
Joka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 21:29   Link #2617
Sassarai
Army of One

Damm angry otaku.
Old 2007-09-29, 22:02   Link #2618
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Then you might be interested in the novels. He is alot darker and cruel in those.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 22:04   Link #2619
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
I am not saying that I want it to be dark, emo, and everybody bleeds with shit and metal piercing their body while they die a painful death. I am just saying add dimensions to characters and Kazuma deserved the darker side of a character.
Darker maybe maybe not they could have done more with the charatcers than what they did thus why its not a total loss.
Old 2007-09-29, 22:57   Link #2620
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
The bad drawing was not even it. The childish manner that the show took to and the horrible way of presenting the story made me want to gag. I was having so much fun in the begining, because I thought the story would be more mature, darker, and would have deep plot twists and character development, but was I wrong as shit.
If Kaze no Stigma's deficiencies get you this worked up, I'd advise you never to come within 100 miles of Zero no Tsukaima's second season... now that was a perfect demonstration of how to utterly butcher a good plotline and character development.

Kaze no Stigma could have been a lot better, but it could also have been a lot worse.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen