AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 02:55   Link #321
Sakurai

It might end up like Air Gear, even though a second season would be nice for it (as there should be )...doesn't seem like there will be one.

The beginning/end has Shinozaki wearing a yellow Jersey(Tour de France ), meaning he had the best race times thus far and probably beat Yosuke and the others as well ( time wise ) so that would explain why he's the ace atm.

But i'm really really hoping for a second season!
Sakurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 05:10   Link #322
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, the Tour De France angle would be so ridiculous and fun for this show. Too bad it probably won't ever happen but I'm interested in the manga now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:20   Link #323
neochew

Send a message via AIM to neochew
i liked how the guys were sponsored by asahi steel in the very end
neochew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 21:41   Link #324
Troilism

Out of curiosity does the romance in this anime ever develop?
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 21:50   Link #325
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilism View Post
Out of curiosity does the romance in this anime ever develop?
Definitely, sort of.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 15:51   Link #326
Blaat

Great show, the flashbacks ruined the pacing of the race and I really wish they were shorter besides that I've got no complaints.

No wait, there's just one more:
where's the rest?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 16:02   Link #327
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

*Sigh* The way I saw how the Tour de France was shown at the end, it was either a flash forward or just another daydream, Shinozaki not only dreaming of riding with his friends but actually being the one to win the race.

To be honest it just feels like the story was starting to get going, not like it was complete, come one after only a month of riding, the relationships between the characters weren't resolved either. I hear the manga is on going as well but has only been translated upto where Yamoto and Shinozaki race to school. It also seems for once, the drawn quality isn't as good as the animated copy.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 13:02   Link #328
Zerowinger

is the manga for overdrive still ongoing or has it ended ?
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 13:07   Link #329
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerowinger View Post
is the manga for overdrive still ongoing or has it ended ?
Still On-going. With 15 volumes.
Old 2008-03-31, 08:47   Link #330
ShadowSkill7
Activate My innocence

Is this series going to have a second season come out
ShadowSkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 14:39   Link #331
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSkill7 View Post
Is this series going to have a second season come out
While that is not impossible, there are no current plans to have a second season.

In other words: no.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:06   Link #332
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
*Sigh* The way I saw how the Tour de France was shown at the end, it was either a flash forward or just another daydream, Shinozaki not only dreaming of riding with his friends but actually being the one to win the race.

To be honest it just feels like the story was starting to get going, not like it was complete, come one after only a month of riding, the relationships between the characters weren't resolved either. I hear the manga is on going as well but has only been translated upto where Yamoto and Shinozaki race to school. It also seems for once, the drawn quality isn't as good as the animated copy.
I suspect it's a flash-forward. since it parallels the one at the beginning, but reveals a bit more by showing the other members of the team (or at least three others, teams in the Tour have nine total I think).

All in all, it was a pretty good series. The race episodes were awesome, and they had a somewhat realistic outcome, where Shinozaki shows brief flashes of immense potential (he is the protagonist after all), but ultimately can't keep pace with more mature and experienced competitors. I'd have to agree though that the show definitely ended too soon - the team had just come together, they introduced what I assume is going to be a romantic rival for Yuki, their cycling rival is still out there, and the team has a dream to work towards. Hopefully a second season will make an appearance one day.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:27   Link #333
harmonious

At what point in the manga does the anime end?
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 21:56   Link #334
MusoukaProductions
Kick reason to the curb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
I suspect it's a flash-forward. since it parallels the one at the beginning, but reveals a bit more by showing the other members of the team (or at least three others, teams in the Tour have nine total I think).

All in all, it was a pretty good series. The race episodes were awesome, and they had a somewhat realistic outcome, where Shinozaki shows brief flashes of immense potential (he is the protagonist after all), but ultimately can't keep pace with more mature and experienced competitors. I'd have to agree though that the show definitely ended too soon - the team had just come together, they introduced what I assume is going to be a romantic rival for Yuki, their cycling rival is still out there, and the team has a dream to work towards. Hopefully a second season will make an appearance one day.
The tour de France style would be awesome. I think they might be able to pull it off if they like jump ahead a few years (no way Shinozakit gets that good that quickly haha) and maybe like have a few smaller highlights from other races as they build towards the tour race in the final like 10 episodes. The tour would definately deserve that amount of air time because it'd be such a long race.

Personally, I thought that the race in this season could have been cut down a lot. Some of the episodes were great (18 is still my favorite), but some were just plain boring and didn't really have anything move forward. I would have liked to see maybe another race and some more development, but I guess we'll just have to wait for the manga to be translated.
MusoukaProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 10:46   Link #335
ShadowSkill7
Activate My innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
While that is not impossible, there are no current plans to have a second season.

In other words: no.
man thats not cool, i'll just have to keep reading the manga i guess
Old 2008-04-03, 14:03   Link #336
FuzzyWuzzy

The author of the manga said before that he didn't intend to create a long long story of Overdrive and was supposed to end after that race since he didn't think it would be popular. However, the manga and anime were such a hit that he had to continue the story.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 11:11   Link #337
ShadowSkill7
Activate My innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The author of the manga said before that he didn't intend to create a long long story of Overdrive and was supposed to end after that race since he didn't think it would be popular. However, the manga and anime were such a hit that he had to continue the story.
damn he should keep going because that cliff hanger is still on my mind i want to know if his going to the grand race because they showed him in it at the end of the last ep.
Old 2008-05-01, 07:30   Link #338
gonzo562

the scans and translations of the manga are really so.

At this point the anime is far ahead of the manga translations
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 09:14   Link #339
ichobi

Manga is really good but I guess the anime counterpart is not so popular. But we will see.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 13:50   Link #340
Tsukasa27

OK, i just finished watching this show and i tought it was very average...
There are 2 things that seriously affected the quality of this show for me:

1-The race lasted way too long. If this was a longer anime or if it had a continuing story like Eyeshield 21, i wouldn't have been annoyed, but for a 26 episodes show, it lasted almost half the length and that's too much in my opinion.

2-Those flashbacks killed the pacing of the race...i counted around 5 episodes with important time devoted to flashbacks...If they had managed to put them before the start of the race, it would have been much better.

What saves this show a little bit are the characters especially Shinozaki and Yuki.
Yuki is normal, which is kinda rare for female characters in anime...she acts like most girls her age and seems quite independent and strong, at least on the surface.
Shinozaki is nothing original but he makes you want to see his evolution and he transports the show quite well.

So overall, it's far from a great show and keep in mind that i am a big pro cycling fan so i could relate to some stuff in here even though some of the things happening in the race (Yamato stopping and being able to come back to the top) are absolutely impossible to achieve.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sports