AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-02, 13:09   Link #21
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Seems that people forgot that its not all true monochrome for this month. Also haven't seen you guys in a month .

But yeah, here's what I have so far. I can't think of text right now so the left side is rather empty.

CnC?
Old 2009-06-02, 15:55   Link #22
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oo I like this theme, Ive been doing icons like this lately, Ill have to find some good stock for this
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-06-02, 16:29   Link #23
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@Fraility The text could be at a better place, but the thins than is catching my eyes in a bad way are the 6 image at the bottom of the sig, if at least it looked like a movie's film...
@ Arceon it a good sig but it lack something. I can't think of a text than could fit this.

I reworked my first entry ( even if I am not sure about the text...) but I got a other idea than could use the ''twist'' allowed by the theme. Right now, I can't choose betweem the 2 sigs ( the heart would go for one and the head for the other ). C&C would be appreciated.

Old 2009-06-02, 17:35   Link #24
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

OMG! I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw what the theme for this month's SOTM was because I was just wondering to myself the day before if or when anyone will put a black-n-white or monochrome theme for SOTM...and then bang...escimo did. Escimo...you scare me.

Awesome theme...I'm psyched to try this out...when I have time this weekend.

@ganbaru: I like the idea of the second sig but it feels like it's missing something. Sorry, can't really say exactly what...just feels slightly empty.

@Arceon: the bright colour of the border distracts from the overall sig.

Arceon's sig brings a question to mind: Taking his sig as an example, does it count that he has both the eyes coloured and a coloured border?? I thought only one element can have colour?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-06-02, 18:06   Link #25
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

The rules state that I can use one color to highlight details. I don't read anywhere that limits me to one detail. I could be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong.

In the meantime I shall abuse that shade of blue as much as I can.

@Ganbaru: Yeah I went with a plain boring word for this anyway. Regarding your sig, well, I dunno the backround pattern sorta irks me oddly enough. Other than that it looks fine.

@PreSage: At first I thought you said her eyes, which of course would be the focus of the sig, but the border? That's new. It didn't seem to distract a majority of my friends. I honestly just used it to balance out the color throughout the sig. I'll see what I can do with it though, however, I'm not promising much of anything on that one.

Anyway, I could always still use more CnC.
Old 2009-06-02, 18:13   Link #26
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceon View Post
Seems that people forgot that its not all true monochrome for this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Arceon's sig brings a question to mind: Taking his sig as an example, does it count that he has both the eyes coloured and a coloured border?? I thought only one element can have colour?
Quote:
The rules state that I can use one color to highlight details. I don't read anywhere that limits me to one detail. I could be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong.
Here's the part of the theme definition about the highlight color.
Quote:
You're also allowed to use one highlight color to accent one or more details on your entry. The color can be blended to the rest of the entry but basically just one color outside of the general shade scale is allowed.
From the way I interpret the phrase "You're also allowed", I don't think the a highlight color is a requirement, Arceon. Just an option. In fact, if you look at the sample sigs, the first one has no highlight color.

Also the definition says that you can "accent one or more details". I with Arceon's second statement that there can be more than one element with the highlight color.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-06-02, 18:15   Link #27
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

I'm fully aware a color wasn't required. Just I didn't see many people using such a thing considering how effective a small splash of color can be in the making of a signature.

Or that's just my thinking. I don't know.
Old 2009-06-02, 18:18   Link #28
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Nope, you corrected me. escimo did say (now that I re-read it) one colour and one or more details, so yeah, your right.

Quote:
@PreSage: At first I thought you said her eyes, which of course would be the focus of the sig, but the border? That's new. It didn't seem to distract a majority of my friends. I honestly just used it to balance out the color throughout the sig. I'll see what I can do with it though, however, I'm not promising much of anything on that one.
LOL. It was only a suggestion (right or wrong), you don't have to promise me anything. It's your sig., create it to your own good taste. It could be my screen resolution which makes the colour brighter. Anyway, the latest version looks good actually. The addition of the text and colour in that corner balances the borders out well now.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-06-02, 18:19   Link #29
LKK

Quote:

I'm fully aware a color wasn't required.
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood what you meant then.

Quote:
Just I didn't see many people using such a thing considering how effective a small splash of color can be in the making of a signature.

Or that's just my thinking. I don't know.
I had the same reaction you did to the early entries, so I know where you're coming from.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-06-02, 18:23   Link #30
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I had the same reaction you did to the early entries, so I know where you're coming from.
But it's tougher to create a nice sig with just one colour or black-n-white. Maybe they want to really challenge themselves.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-06-02, 19:22   Link #31
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

If anyone wants some inspiration, here's a signature I did a few months ago that fits this theme:

Old 2009-06-02, 19:23   Link #32
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
lol I forgot that there's a twist,
version 3

as gandbaru said the bottom looks awful so I removed it
any better? comments again

EDIT:
look I made a pop-up version but I'm still trying to figure out how to lower its filesize

C&C again

Last edited by Frailty; 2009-06-02 at 20:03.
Old 2009-06-02, 20:25   Link #33
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Is this considered a sig? D:

Old 2009-06-02, 22:13   Link #34
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

I think I'm going to just go ahead and submit my current sig for this theme, because it just fits it so perfectly. o___o; (....Plus I love this sig to death. <__<;;; )

C&C?
Old 2009-06-02, 22:44   Link #35
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

My first try...not text yet havent figured out a nice text to use....C+C appreciated
Old 2009-06-03, 02:45   Link #36
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
my First Concept ..

is this allowed ??

CnC ??
and give comment ^^

Old 2009-06-03, 04:05   Link #37
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Arceon I don't know why but the background at the right of the render feel like it's integrated with it ( maibe because of the line ? )
@ Fraility , the pop-out look better, but thre blur at the bottom might be a bit too dark/opaque
@ Riker so, that your kind of cheesecake . Do the text is intended to be huoristic ?
@ Faeyice It think it'S a bit too chaotic espechialy at the right
@ Endrance the concept is good but the background feel strange . ( maybe because of the smoke/cloud )
@ Katocchi I don't see why it would't be accepted
Old 2009-06-03, 06:08   Link #38
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
my First Concept ..

is this allowed ??

CnC ??
Rejected.

There's a green lens flare in the right bottom corner. The eyes are also a bit questionable since only one highlight color is allowed. They're that close to the coloring of the rest though that I'll allow it on account of blending. Lose the color in the flare and it's good to go.
Old 2009-06-03, 06:20   Link #39
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Rejected.
you actually said that with a smiling smiley lol

Old 2009-06-03, 06:31   Link #40
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I just reworked my background and some shades of the renders, but I am not sure if it still pass the one highlight allowed requirement. C&C would be welcome. ( BTW, for the text iwould it be better to use '' Fighting in the Shade'' insted of ''Fighting until the end!'' ?

( a other version with a un-readable text in the background)

Spoiler for the previous version:

Tags
contest, sotm