AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 02:32   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Another - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Another, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:02   Link #2
Horse

Good episode with a change of direction but that opening scene should've been either completely in the last episode or in this one... Somehow the episode endings/cliffhangers are no longer fulfilling. OST announcement where?

Next week: obligatory beach episode.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:05   Link #3
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Good episode with a change of direction but that opening scene should've been either completely in the last episode or in this one... Somehow the episode endings/cliffhangers are no longer fulfilling.
Agreed, that was an uninspired cliffhanger. Maybe they felt the episode would've been too humdrum otherwise? That was the only action of the episode.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:05   Link #4
Utsuro no Hako

* At some point, if I have time, I'm going to create an animated .gif of everyone in class going, "HNNNNG!"
* Misaki doesn't seem too happy about the change in her situation. Is she afraid people will keep ignoring her, only now there won't be an excuse? Or is she afraid Sakakibara will go hang out with the cool kids?
* At this point the evidence that Sakakibara is dead is pretty heavy, yet Misaki and Twintails deny it.
* I'm sticking with the theory that Twintails is Ritsuko
* According to the ever-reliable CR subs, Misaki is going to her parents' (plural) place for a week. I believe this is the first reference we've had to her father still being in her life. Up until this point, I've had the impression that it was just her and her mom. I wonder what type of person her dad can be -- I just can't picture a salaryman living in that place.
* I never expected to laugh at an episode of Another, but the preview for next week is hilarious.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:14   Link #5
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Neck piecing seems to be a popular way to die...
Old 2012-02-20, 14:17   Link #6
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
* According to the ever-reliable CR subs, Misaki is going to her parents' (plural) place for a week. I believe this is the first reference we've had to her father still being in her life. Up until this point, I've had the impression that it was just her and her mom. I wonder what type of person her dad can be -- I just can't picture a salaryman living in that place.
I'd love to see more of the relationship between Misaki and her mom, and between Misaki and her dad (?). I just wonder if EP8 will skip over it to the school trip. Well, I guess I'll be reading the manga/novel when this is done.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:54   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was the most gruesome so far. The director kept his words, even if the neck stabbing scene was slightly censored by a shadow (you could still see much of everything anyway). Face melting was cool too.

Ignoring two students didn't work, so Mei and Kouichi are allowed to exist again. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed at first, since now that they won't be the "only two people in the world", their relationship isn't going to progress as fast as it has in the past episodes. Thankfully, Mei proved me wrong very quickly by giving her cell number to Kouichi (she kind of used the curse as an excuse, but we all know the truth ).

I liked that Kouichi was starting to doubt himself and shared it with Izumi, who revealed she had even considered the same possibility as us. She's a smart girl. The fact the series openly brought up the theory that Kouichi is Another was good as confirming he isn't in my book. I'm still sticking with Reiko being Another. Speaking of which, what the hell is she doing at the beach in the preview? Pretty weird.

I was wondering how they were going to shoehorn a beach episode in that kind of series, and I think they did a pretty decent job integrating it into the story. It still feels a bit forced but it's not too bothersome. I don't expect the trip at the shrine to work of course, but they may find a clue there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I was under the impression her dad wasn't around as well. I'd be curious to find out what kind of person he is. Given how his wife and daughter act most of the time, I imagine him as a gloomy guy, but he might just be the complete opposite. It'd be funny if Mei had a funny and doting father. Not very likely in this show, though.

I found it interesting that the doll is supposed to be Mei's stillborn little sister. I'm inclined to think it's irrelevant to the whole curse plot though. It just explains why her mother acts so oddly, the loss of that child must have been a huge blow for her. The fact she forces Mei to carry a cellphone at all times implies that despite her weird behavior, she does care for her daughter and is afraid she's going to lose her as well.
Old 2012-02-20, 15:03   Link #8
Extremesonic101

Awsome Episode I loved it! The end of this episode helped my theory that Mei looks good in every outfit she wears XD she was so cute in that red skirt, and the one-piece swimsuit next weeks looks adorable, and so awkward on her XD

Anywho onto the serious stuff, I agree with Utsuro no Hako I think Izumi has some connection to Ristuko, and Reiko still seems very suspicous to me.

The class trip looks fun, makes you wonder what would happen if the whole class took a trip out of town :P would the curse stop while their gone or target anyone close to them who didn't go?
Old 2012-02-20, 15:04   Link #9
Robotech Master

Addressing and then downplaying the idea that Kouichi is the Another this late in the series seems to solidify that the story is not going in that direction. I'd say the same for Mei too. Those are too obvious at this point, all evidence is red herrings for sure.

And any filler that puts twintails in a swimsuit is ok filler to me.
Old 2012-02-20, 15:14   Link #10
Ray
Garnet

That eerie face-melting nightmare combined with Izumi's pseudo-accusation of Kouichi being the other made me think that the possibility that our MC is the other has been hinted at too heavily, and most likely is a red-herring. Plus, Mei pretty much straight up told him that he isn't the dead one.

I guess I was correct about her doll eye being able to see the 'other', eh? That makes me wonder if Mei knows whom the dead one is, and simply refuses to tell anyone about it. It could be her stillborn sister, I guess. Or Ritsuko actually had twins, and only one of them survived. *shrug*

So apparently, our protagonist and the twin tails feel like they've shaken hands prior to Kouichi's arrival in Yomiyami. I've given this quite some thought, but blah; I've got nothing.

I'm worried that Mei will fade out of existence as she does in the ED somewhere near, if not at the very end of the story.

Swimsuit episode will be delish ~
Old 2012-02-20, 15:20   Link #11
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
And any filler that puts twintails in a swimsuit is ok filler to me.
Except we all know the fanservice will last a full ten seconds, then -- BAM!

Old 2012-02-20, 15:23   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I haven't been creeped out with a show since....I can't remember when, lol! When Kouichi had pulled his face off, it gave me shudders like no other.

I still think Akazawa is the Another. That whole 'physical familiarity' feeling she got made me think that she was an incarnation/ghost of Kouichi's mother .

Old 2012-02-20, 15:31   Link #13
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Opening scene was great, I loved the blood getting all over everything.

Mikami-sensei is starting to scare me...a lot. I hope the Librarian makes it to the end, Im really starting to like him.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-20, 15:48   Link #14
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I loved the sound direction. Quite a fair bit of the BGM was playing at a menacing low frequency. I'd have to listen to the episode with headphones later. It definitely added to the overall unease and suspense.

It's wide open who the extra is now. It could be Izumi, based on her vague memories of Kouichi. It could, again, be Mei, a shadow of her missing half.

Argh. Nevermind. Am looking forward to Jaws swimsuits in the next episode.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:00   Link #15
ookamigirl

Wow, just wow. Teacher suicide in the middle of the class! I was speechless.
Thought he would try to kill someone, not himself.
Was it the curse or just mental break 'cause of stress...
At least now Kouichi & Misaki are not invisible anymore.
Finding out who the extra student is, is proving to be a real pain.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-02-20, 16:15   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Arya, he wasn't trying to prepare a fish after all...
Ah~ah, can't feel sorry for the guy. Part of the bullying, the fact he chose to teach that classroom, and traumatizing a whole bunch of peo... well, they were part of the bullying too, so oh well, but still, he dirtied the desk and ground! They had no fault. Poor desks and ground. I think some guy vomited too.
If you wanted to die, I'd think there were less painful ways to do so though, than rather... err, stabbing yourself in the neck. Not that I would know first-hand.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-02-20, 16:28   Link #17
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I was surprised by how quickly the teacher's suicide and murder of his mother was attributed to the calamity, since all the others so far have died due to suspicious illnesses or accidents. Was it really so unthinkable that he just snapped that they were willing to break with agreed upon countermeasures? I'm not suggesting they're wrong, since there's been no further fallout from retiring the non-existent club. I just found it odd.

Twintails is flagging hard as the extra if Mei's assertion that Kouichi's alive is to be believed. She's left it hanging out there twice now that she feels she's met him before. At this point though, we may as well just wait and see, since there have been so many red herrings. I like the theory that she's Ritsuko because of the implications, but it doesn't seem to scan with why Sakakibara's memory of a year and a half ago would need to have be altered, since she's been dead for 15.

As expected, Mei still knows more than she's letting on. Not only is there her apparently all-seeing eye, but her dislike of mobile phones calls back to the many times Sakakibara has suffered from poor reception since coming to town, and the oddly specific reference to leaving town during the calamity being like getting out of cellular phone range.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:32   Link #18
gin-jishi

that teacher went crazy ._.
still, can't wait for the beach episode.... wonder if someone'll die next ep
Old 2012-02-20, 16:41   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think Akazawa is Another, much less Kouichi's mother. I took what she said as yet another clue that Kouichi lived/visited Yomiyama in the past, and that his memories were altered meaning he was aware or perhaps even witnessed Another's death. Besides, it's never been hinted (unless I missed it) that the dead one could be given a completely different identity, appearance, and memories, effectively turning him an entirely different person. That's too convoluted and it would make it absolutely impossible to figure out his identity.

As for her being the real Izumi that died two years ago (haguruma pointed out her brother was in 1996's class, so she could have been a victim that year), it's entirely possible. It's only my gut feeling that tells me she isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I was surprised by how quickly the teacher's suicide and murder of his mother was attributed to the calamity, since all the others so far have died due to suspicious illnesses or accidents. Was it really so unthinkable that he just snapped that they were willing to break with agreed upon countermeasures? I'm not suggesting they're wrong, since there's been no further fallout from retiring the non-existent club. I just found it odd.
They attributed it to the curse because they saw him try to push away the knife (I kinda lol'd at that). It clearly looked like he was being manipulated by something. Of course, it may have just been him going completely loco but given the context it's safe to assume he was forced to do this by the phenomenon.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:41   Link #20
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Mikami-sensei is starting to scare me...a lot. I hope the Librarian makes it to the end, Im really starting to like him.
I was expecting him to be drafted as the replacement homeroom teacher.
Closed Thread

Tags
horror