AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-25, 17:34   Link #201
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Jojos'star, you so bad!!! >_<

10/10 for clear image and interesting message. Reminded me of that Hard Gay clip. ^^;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 15:36   Link #202
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

D: so many fate stay sigs! I mean it's good but this is just insanity ^_^.

So here we go:

@Lina - Not bad, the clips of image don't really speak out in any sort of way, so it's a bit plain. 6/10

@Pellissier: Nice attempt at the background but I think you're gonna have to enlarge the the background layers a bit more and do more smudging. 7/10

@Xellos - Sexy. I love rider out of the most classes simply cuz of her bust size. 9/10 [Nice appeal too xD]

@Kira - Even nicer. 9.5/10

@Ayyo - Ilya's a "meh" for me. I don't really like her too much of all the masters but in that sig, it's well presented 8/10
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 15:47   Link #203
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe
@Pellissier: Nice attempt at the background but I think you're gonna have to enlarge the the background layers a bit more and do more smudging. 7/10
My sign is always a WIP , yes I know I have to work more with the smudging but I'm off with it for today (10 p.m. here).

As for your sign:

ForeverGone: your signature is one of my favourite elaborations among this forum. If I have to find something questionable, I may say that the word "sorrow" is not so easy readable as it perhaps should. And maybe a bigger border (with matching colours, of course) will fit better imho. But these are just details. 9,5/10
Old 2006-01-26, 15:52   Link #204
Winter&Summer
Sugar has side effects

Send a message via MSN to Winter&Summer
Pellissier: 8/10 the smuding needs a little work and the text is just a bit plain but ther est looks great keep it up ^^
Winter&Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:44   Link #205
ayyo

@ Secca: 9/10 kawaii~ ^^
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 00:00   Link #206
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

@Winter - Looks.. somewhat odd ^_^. Maybe add colour to the guy.. doesn't mix very well. 7/10

@Pelissier - Thanks man =). Those words encouraged me to make this new sig, thanks and keep up the good work. I look forward for your further smudged sig x)..
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 00:16   Link #207
Winter&Summer
Sugar has side effects

ForeverGone: I can't it's a manga scan etc anyway 8/10 for yours
Old 2006-01-27, 01:12   Link #208
iceyfw

secca - not into cat girls but nice idea you had there.

forevergone - ive seen you at gamerenders once and you can get more better comments there.

wintersummer - i like blue sigs.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 04:43   Link #209
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
See when people post their signatures can they possibly post how they made them ?
If people posted how they made them and what they changed, added or modified would make it much more interesting to rate.

For mines which i aint changed for ages... i found space background and used this as my background to the signature. Took a screen shot from first episode of mai-otome and got image of character... inserted image on a different layer and put into position after resizing it a couple of times. This however this caused a prob as part of character was missing left side of it (the hair and little bit of shoulder) so i had to draw in some on the left side myself. Got text and used some text style i cant remember... and put lightning as you can see around the text.Use simple text at bottom left too. Expanded image of character - lowered opacity and finally got image in background.

Now why tell people how you did things ???
To see more interesting sigs on forums - if people tell us how they make their sigs then we are bound to see more and more cooler sigs as time passes by.
Thats if people are willing to go through the trouble of telling me and others how they made their piece of art
Please write about your sig

Forevergone nice use of background colors and i like the text too. 9/10

agh time for uni short ratings

winter nice bleach sig i like that char, nice use of colors - i like seeing 2-3 main colors used in a sig. 9/10

Pellsier - nice sig, i like the idea of using the character multiple times for background. Nice job. 8/10

ayyo - not really sure what you did on sig but the image is cool.

Secca - again not really sure what you did on that... however it does look like a nice signature.

If people wrote about how they made their signatures it would be much easier to rate them - people really should start writing about how they made it. Maybe a seperate thread called How I made my signature?

Would be an interseting thread to read.

Ice - nice photobucket text.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 05:02   Link #210
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL wavie .. try here I think that what you refering too ^-^

@ ForeverGone .. that black patch seems like a gun silhoutte to me The guy seem familiar.. but I cant tell
x_X. 82%. Nothing spectacular that I point my fingers tho..

@ Pelli .. a simple BG. Interesting but her eyes (the one on the BG) kinda make it feel a bit weird. And Ilya herself are too bright and poorly position .. I think you should feather her out a bit and dont make the cut too obvious .. still WIP so no rating x_X

@ ayyo .. A simple crop again -_- . You managed to cut your y tails this time around and the black thick line for the bottom part looks a bit out of place. And postion your name a bit closer to the border on ts left .. right now it look a bit out of place .. 67%

.. @ KiNa .. I out of idea on BG ... so there.. a sig without brush BG . A simple 4 picture put together Still.. Rider is and I'm enchanted with her eye @_@. I still love the overall result .. so this is this week's sig
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2006-01-27 at 10:46.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:11   Link #211
Cyz
"Show it to me"

forevergone: nice bg and colors matches well to the person on your sig. 9/10

pellissier: nice ilya sig. the whiteness matches well too 9/10

ayyo: cute person. but it seems lacking something. 8/10

wavie: shizuru looks scary on that one anyway, i like the starry background and the stock is not that bad. 8/10

kira naruto: those eyes on the center is creeping out. still, i like how it was made and it looks.....um...nevermind. 10/10
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 04:00   Link #212
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
heh thx cyz... yeah thats from episode 1

Kira Naruto someone stole my idea by making that thread

hehe clearly joking :P its a nice thread actualy ... only had time to read page one so far tho.

But thx for the link mate.

Now to rate - i think i might make a new sig today :P

Firstly i do not know what that girl is looking at or whats happening behind her on left and right but she looks happy

See that emblem in the middle of picture did you put that in yourself? Its a nice touch mate.

Really like the style of text - might look a little better darker tho

Ok lets talk about the 3 chars... the way you merge all 3 together makes the image look great and the idea behind it is also good. It looks like you have went through trouble with each aspect of making the sig and i like the outcome.

Ill rate it 9/10

Kira one thing that kinda puts me off is in middle one she looks so damn serious and cool on left and right it looks like someones caught her doing something

Cyz im planning to make a sig of fate/star night soon ... however mines will prob be done using a diff character .

Lets see. On this one the three characters who are clearly the same person look serious. The way you betray and add each character to the sig is done well and it looks cool.

Can you tell me what you did on sig.

See kira i know other link is cool but emmm when i rate sigs here its hard to know what people did sometimes... therefore making it hard to rate.

From what i see you have lowered opacity of middle saber and put her in middle. Whats that thing in front of her with lower opacity... did u add that? If so how Or is it the clothing from the left char? prob is nm that helps me

Hmz ill rate it 9/10 too I am tempted to give it a 10 cause i really like it but i think it can be improved a small tad Middle image makes it look a tiny bit croweded.

But i really like it

Background and border is nice. text also suits the image.

No one else rate me plz it makes me feel like i need to rate them so dont rate me
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 04:24   Link #213
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

My Sig
All 3 images are combined using layer mask .. the summoning circle is just a new layer on top of everything in screen blend mode. The left and right picture is NOT a worksafe image to be shown in here And left one was watching a person from behind her the right one was eagerly waiting for someone as well.. hence the pink cheek if you look closely The middle picture is also from the same lady.. Just more serious, it was suppose to be hypnotising and a bit creepy

On cyz siggy
*cough*Ahem*cough*
Its from 2 pic.. the big face and the one on the left is the same pic on different opac and size. The thing in front of her is actually her back (the smaller left saber) . The right one is merged with again the gradient mask layer
Both border (me and cyz) are the same.. new layer ... rounded rectangle , invert selection, fill new layer and reduced opac

OK.. you sig;
@ Wavie her hair look sharp The top left is kinda feel a bit empty... I love the nearly visible face in the BG as well ... If I were you, I move her on the left so I dont have to draw her hair manually.. of course that is if her hair on the right is full ^-^ Your name positioning is quite distance as well.. Moving it to be on the bottom right (near the girl) would probably be a better choice ... Still a high 78% .. I've been collecting Chizuru's pic even tho I've never watch MyOtome/Hime .. Blamed Xellos for a particular pic of hers that he used as sig before >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-28, 10:01   Link #214
ventriloquist
人形使い

Cyz 7.5/10 - a bit confusing but really interesting...

Wavie 7/10 - hmmm...

Kira_Naruto 8/10 : i like it... i think it better if u put border... pink border?

Well long time no see... i guess not many remember how long im being missing...
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 10:22   Link #215
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
Secca - again not really sure what you did on that... however it does look like a nice signature.

If people wrote about how they made their signatures it would be much easier to rate them - people really should start writing about how they made it.
How can I explain it.... You see I had the lowest grade in photoshop class and a very simple person:

one day me saw a picture. me like it alot. me cut it into a sig. me very happy. ~__~

Wavie's sig - The sig maybe need more bright color, even if you just increase the glow around the text, it would look better (contrast). 9/10 ^^

KiNa's sig - Cyz's sig made by you too, right? So going to mention both. Personally I like the sabers sig better. Altho the KiNa fonts on rider sig looks really nice, but that sig stil lack something. Not sure.... (have you ever try position the sig on the center instead on the right? I think it might look good, maybe.) ^^
The Saber sig has better design. I like how you make Sabers look toward the center and how the bright and dark color are well balanced. I can see it in black and white (monochrome) and it will still look good. Saber 10/10 Rider 9/10.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 10:59   Link #216
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ ventriloquist ... That is one l33t shape.. Easily a 10 going on the shape alone but the dark gun blend too perfectly to the BG .. thus final score 95% Damn I wished I can do a good shape without the ensuing jaggedness :[

@ Secca... As expected, lower score for my own siggy ... Its because I like to experiment when it came to my own.. Not just technique, but color and such as well... Anyway, comments noted .. Still, considering all I do is played with layer blending and opac on both sig, I think I did pretty good.. Still room for improvement as well ... I *think* I know whats lacking in my sig.. but explaining it in english is going to confused everyone even myself .. so it would be better if I show the result in my future sig, hopefully I'm still evolving my style
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-28, 13:27   Link #217
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Kira Naruto, its a very sexy looking sig, i love the colour blending with your stock, and also i like that circular looking shape thing in the middle. 9/10

Vent i like your devil may cry sig also, the stock is awsome, and the border looks great 8.5/10

This is my sig i made at school. i could not get a "unique" text cause are school computers dont let us install downloaded fonts, which really sucks.

I also tried to make it look dark by purpose, for some reason, the darkness and the outerglow of the stock kind of looked nice. That was just to me. I also tried something different with the border, i tried to make the bottom and top border thick, and thought it would look cool if i added the water paper effect from the filte gallery, i kind of overused the blue, which is why my backound stock looks quite blue cause i overlayed it to the brushing, but i cant fix it since i did not fix my thing as a photoshp document.

I also noticed that if i stand up and look at the screen the sig looks more clearer, and lighter, so it is easier for me to see the stocks. That just happens sincei have a lcd moniter, and when i sit down sig looks quite dark.

Last edited by Mr.Hawq; 2006-01-28 at 13:41.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:01   Link #218
Cyz
"Show it to me"

ventriloquist: very cool DMC sig! i like how it was cut off 10/10

mr. hawq: it's too blue. perhaps making the color a little lighter would be better because it blends to the pic 8/10
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:21   Link #219
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Cyz pretty cool sig, the opacity of the stocks are well done, you did it so well that it blends very nicely, maybe a stary backround could have done good, and also you could have done something nice with you text. 8.5/10
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:39   Link #220
Winter&Summer
Sugar has side effects

Mr. Hawq: Love the blue affect and great text you chose overall 10/10

Tags
rate, signature