AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 19:47   Link #321
Folenfant
Banned

New York Rangers fired their infamous asshole coach John Tortorella today. Kind of surprising considering he only had one year left on his contract and got them to the Eastern Semis (okay Lundqvist did) but then kind of not because he clearly isnt the best coach for thst teams new look. Torts is more of a working class grinding team coach and the new New York is more of a skill team now.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 21:45   Link #322
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

That referee was a total piece of shite! Chicago scored what was supposed to be the 2-1 go-ahead goal with 1:47 left in the 3rd period, but that zebra called the play off because 2 guys were shoving each other in front of the Detroit bench while the attack was on.

Honestly, just screw yourself, ref. No one gives a rat's butt about what's going on so far behind the play.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:02   Link #323
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That referee was a total piece of shite! Chicago scored what was supposed to be the 2-1 go-ahead goal with 1:47 left in the 3rd period, but that zebra called the play off because 2 guys were shoving each other in front of the Detroit bench while the attack was on.

Honestly, just screw yourself, ref. No one gives a rat's butt about what's going on so far behind the play.
And if an interferance behind play was made?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:04   Link #324
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Who cares?! Chicago just won the bloody game by Seabrook, finally. At least there was some justice somewhere, and what a comeback too!

*listens to Chelsea Dagger non stop*

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-05-29 at 22:18. Reason: duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh... Chelsea Dagger
Old 2013-05-29, 22:20   Link #325
Soverence

Well either way, Chicago still ending up winning it in overtime so it is really a non-issue. Looks like we have a Bruins vs Penguins and a Blackhawks vs Kings conference finals. So who is going to win these two series?

I will have to take the Penguins in the eastern series, not taking anything away from the Bruins but I feel like they are outclassed by the Penguins just like the Senators were. The Bruins have mainly young defensemen and I just can't see them playing at the same level vs the Penguins as they did vs the Rangers. Because of that I think the Penguins will win a lot of close games vs the Bruins, enough for the Penguins to win the series in 6.

As for the Blackhawks vs the Kings, I will just take the Blackhawks, don't know why don't have a real reason just think they will somehow win it in 6.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:31   Link #326
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

East: Pittsburgh in 6. The series should be a tight one, but I think the Bruins won't be able to resist that kind of goal machine. The way Pittsburgh stepped it up in games 4 and 5 against Ottawa makes it difficult to stop them.

West: Chicago in 6. The Kings usually find a way to allow very few goals with Jonathan Quick on top of his form, BUT they haven't played a team that has some significant winning playoff experience and such kind of powerful attack until today. Meanwhile, Chicago found a way to step up their game from Game 5 and on against Detroit with quite devastating results if it wasn't of Jimmy Howard; that also means the momentum could well be on the Hawks' side.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:37   Link #327
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Who cares?!
[Sighs]

It could've affected potential flow of play...
Old 2013-05-29, 22:45   Link #328
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
[Sighs]

It could've affected potential flow of play...
Several times, I have seen the linesman just separating the players in front of the bench at such a late stage of the game. I just don't see why this would be different.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:46   Link #329
DarkJak2050

It could've resulted in something like this.

That happened behind the play; the play being the scrum against the boards.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:44   Link #330
Kyuu
=^^=

I am NOT a fan of hockey. However...

Spoiler:

Last night, I was busy with my mahjong club; and I was not at a location where I had access to watching the game. Instead, someone had a sports app. to track the game. Even when not watching, I was feeling a bit tense; and I could most certainly imagine the level of tension of someone watching it.

Only today did I learn of the BS surrounding the goal waived off. Despite that, thankfully, the right team did win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence
Well either way, Chicago still ending up winning it in overtime so it is really a non-issue.
Had it gone the other way -- some heads would be called for.

====

And interesting. The current Final 4 involves the past 4 champions:

Last edited by Kyuu; 2013-05-30 at 18:17.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 15:33   Link #331
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of how the conference finals are going to turn out I expect Boston and LA to come out the winners.

Mostly since Chicago just hasn't made me feel confident that they can pull it off. Boston simply because I feel it's bound to happen. Just see them almost blowing a series and then going all the way to the final.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:44   Link #332
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

So, that's that for the weekend. Chicago lead their series 2-0 and Boston lead 1-0.

The first game in the West was tight, but the Hawks came in full power today, so much that Jonathan Quick was chased out. In the East, I expected much better from Pittsburgh; we'll have a better answer tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-03, 22:25   Link #333
justavisitor

should nhl give a special prize to the maple leafs XD? The way Bruins are playing now is insane....(ok, i mostly do the scoreboard watching only, but still...3-0 in game 1 and now 6-1 in game 2)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2013-06-03 at 22:35.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:07   Link #334
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
should nhl give a special prize to the maple leafs XD? The way Bruins are playing now is insane....(ok, i mostly do the scoreboard watching only, but still...3-0 in game 1 and now 6-1 in game 2)
The scoreline didn't lie at all. When I watched both games on TV, I was expecting something closer of a series as well as Pittsburgh's attack being able to generate something for the sake of the show. So far, the Penguins are just getting battered and are second best in all departments.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:10   Link #335
DarkJak2050

After watching both Penguins Vs. Bruins games, here's my thought.

"And I thought the Sharks have poor puck handling/management..."
Old 2013-06-04, 12:13   Link #336
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I am a Bruins fan and even I can't believe the level they are playing at, I would expect in the best case for them to be tied 1-1 after 2, never be up 2-0 x.x
Old 2013-06-06, 03:53   Link #337
DarkJak2050

And now 2-1 in 2OT.

The Penguins are in a real hole now...

This friday, can the Bruins make it a Sweep, or will the Penguins pull a rarity out of their ass and win the next 4 games straight?
Old 2013-06-06, 06:12   Link #338
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

To put it like my friends from Ireland and Northern England: the Penguins are shite.

I don't think they will come back from this; they are getting battered and they don't score goals. This will probably end up as one of the biggest disappointments among Eastern conference favorites in recent years.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:42   Link #339
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Finally, Chicago broke the Kings' winning streak at home with a 3-2 victory despite Duncan Keith's one-game suspension for slashing Jeff Carter in game 3. The Hawks now have a serious option on the series with a 3-1 lead.

Of course, no one can say the Kings are done. However after considering how woeful they are on the road, this series should be over on Saturday.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:03   Link #340
Soverence

Quote:
Finally, Chicago broke the Kings' winning streak at home with a 3-2 victory despite Duncan Keith's one-game suspension for slashing Jeff Carter in game 3. The Hawks now have a serious option on the series with a 3-1 lead.

Of course, no one can say the Kings are done. However after considering how woeful they are on the road, this series should be over on Saturday.
Assuming we don't see any major upsets in either conference (and I mean major), it looks like we will be seeing a Bruins vs Blackhawks Stanley Cup Finals. Well I was right about one of the teams at least, this should be a really good series that is for sure.

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup