AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 12:47   Link #26941
Kallen4life

thanks for the response !

I'll be waiting patiently for that 6-th division update

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Chapter 3 of "A Familiar Life..." is now on Fanfiction.net ^^. Sigh, and I only barely resisted the temptation of ending the story there...
loved it

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2010-09-10 at 13:12.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 15:41   Link #26942
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
So yeah, I don't even know what this is. I just had the urge to write Hayate and Verossa in my 'verse, so I did. Lots of dialogue, but I liked working on it. Set after LDG as a whole, in terms of timeline.

Spoiler for Shadow's Contradiction:

The ending line bugs me, but I couldn't think of anything better. Always fun to poke around and figure out Lutecia's mind from the perspective of other characters, though.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:26   Link #26943
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So yeah, I don't even know what this is. I just had the urge to write Hayate and Verossa in my 'verse, so I did. Lots of dialogue, but I liked working on it. Set after LDG as a whole, in terms of timeline.

The ending line bugs me, but I couldn't think of anything better. Always fun to poke around and figure out Lutecia's mind from the perspective of other characters, though.
I loved the ending line. So there.
Old 2010-09-11, 16:33   Link #26944
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I loved the ending line. So there.
Then that means it worked better than I originally thought!
Old 2010-09-11, 18:37   Link #26945
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Soooo... I sat down to write, just on the off-chance that something would happen. And what do you know, something did!

Spoiler for Center Ring, Part 8:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-09-11 at 19:29.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 18:51   Link #26946
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Soooo... I sat down to write, just on the off-chance that something would happen. And what do you know, something did!

*Scratches head* I'm currently trying to figure out who I should feel sorry for...

Oh! I know! I know!

I feel sorry for Bootsie!

Spoiler for Minor correction:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 20:41   Link #26947
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

The more I read, the more I feel that we are truly witnessing the beginnings of an epic romance rooted in clown auras, questions of sanity, women who love to tell dramas that put Shakespeare to shame. And in it all we see Vivio's true clown aura beginning to emerge, and all I can think to ask is... will Lutecia truly be able to handle Vivio's power?
Old 2010-09-11, 21:18   Link #26948
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
*Scratches head* I'm currently trying to figure out who I should feel sorry for...

Oh! I know! I know!

I feel sorry for Bootsie!

Spoiler for Minor correction:
Somewhere, I think Chrono is sputtering in useless fury before walking off to find a stiff drink.

Quote:
The more I read, the more I feel that we are truly witnessing the beginnings of an epic romance rooted in clown auras, questions of sanity, women who love to tell dramas that put Shakespeare to shame. And in it all we see Vivio's true clown aura beginning to emerge, and all I can think to ask is... will Lutecia truly be able to handle Vivio's power?
The more I write, the more I wonder how much this story is truly 'rooted' in anything .
Old 2010-09-11, 21:45   Link #26949
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

The opening line really reminds me of "Sailor Nothing", in its utter deconstruction of a magical girl heroine . Of course, it's not Hayate who is being deconstructed in Shadows-verse, but Lutecia, so I had lots of fun making neat parallels in my head ^^.

Er....back to the story .

I'm delighted to see Hayate and Verossa mention the parallels between Lutecia and Nanoha , it's something that I love for the heartwrenching-ness and the irony XD: Lutecia wants to be like Nanoha, but fails...and yet Nanoha disapproves of her, for the fact that she fails!

I have to wonder, and it's totally not important for the story, but...what are Hayate and Verossa's sons' names? I'm so oddly curious since I don't believe that's ever been mentioned....(Not that it matters to the series....but I'm curious!)

The ending line seemed fine to me, but I see what you mean--I think, that if the short was about Hayate and her POV of the whole Shadows/Sunrise/LDG events, then the ending fits. If this short was to deal with Lutecia's issues from a different perspective, then yeah, the ending line might not be the best one to use since it doesn't leave an impact about Lutecia.

Nice short! ^^

Quote:

Ah, did Vivio go all Sankt Kaiser at the end there? XD The pseudo-psychology is awesome, it's so over the top that it's absolutely hilarious.

Wendi's rant was funny, especially since she blew their whole lie in such an epic fashion XD. I liked her version of things much better!

Great chapter! The humour wasn't quite as fluffy as previous chapters, but still funny nonetheless ^^.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 22:23   Link #26950
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:

Ah, did Vivio go all Sankt Kaiser at the end there? XD The pseudo-psychology is awesome, it's so over the top that it's absolutely hilarious.

Wendi's rant was funny, especially since she blew their whole lie in such an epic fashion XD. I liked her version of things much better!

Great chapter! The humour wasn't quite as fluffy as previous chapters, but still funny nonetheless ^^.
The only thing certain is that Vivio has tapped a deep and potentially terrible well of clownish energies. What will become of her? Will she harness this clownery, Or be destroyed by it? Am I having too much fun with this?

I think Wendi relating a crime scene report like it was a dramatic reading was my favorite idea for this chapter. She and Nove are both lousy actors; it's just that only Nove realizes this.

For those interested in a less forum-based read, the chapter is up on FF.net as well.
Old 2010-09-12, 04:38   Link #26951
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Hello people.

Back from the dead ( hopefully ), and with a lot of catching up to do.

Just posting to say that. ^^
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 09:17   Link #26952
Kallen4life

can anyone recommend any LONG FeiNano fics with a lot of Vivio in em ? as in - Nanoha & Fate raising Vivio .. Vivio can be any age & it can be WAFFY-fluffy or angsty-wangsty, BUT LONG fics - I've read shorts & Satashis especially were very good but haven't seen any long-fic with NanoFei+Vivio family
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 10:35   Link #26953
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
So yeah, I don't even know what this is. I just had the urge to write Hayate and Verossa in my 'verse, so I did. :heh: Lots of dialogue, but I liked working on it. Set after LDG as a whole, in terms of timeline.

The ending line bugs me, but I couldn't think of anything better. :heh: Always fun to poke around and figure out Lutecia's mind from the perspective of other characters, though.
Well, the ending line got a chuckle out of me, so I'd say it's pretty much fine - it does tie up a cute moment between Hayate and Verossa. Mind you, I can also see deathcurse's reasoning that it depends on who's meant to be the focus of the story... if you get a better idea, then go for it, but the current one doesn't particularly detract from the fic either, IMHO.

On a more general note, looking into the characters' psyches is always an interesting read - and the Shadowsverse is a rather spectacular exercise in digging into Lutecia's head as the poor girl is gradually broken by her job. I'm not quite sure whether to expect an eventual sorta-happy ending or a descent into tragedy; I do hear that you have something of a reputation for being, ahem, somewhat fond of angst, but on the other hand, there have been glimmers of hope, mostly in the form of Vivio serving as emotional support for Lutecia. Now to decide if you're just being a cruel tease with that, or not... :P

Quote:

Okay... I'm not certain if this fic can be described as anything but pure, distilled crack. Not that that's a bad thing.

I mean, the sheer bizarreness of the concept contrasted with the dramatic presentation is ample fodder for parody and absurd humor. Clowning as Serious Business and auras of clownish rage... it's all just too damn funny.

Some characters are far more exaggerated here than in Infinity, but... well, this is crack; it's forgivable here. Not to mention that ditzy!Subaru and clueless!Verossa/Vice are highly entertaining. And the Numbers' lousy acting. And Shari's Mad Scientist tendencies. And Lutecia's blatantly unfair psychological profiling. And... and I better stop before I list every single joke in the fic.

And as a closing comment, bonus points for the Monty Python reference.
Old 2010-09-12, 14:17   Link #26954
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
Hello people.

Dude! Welcome back! I was wondering where ya went off to for so long. I hope to see more Decisions in the future
Old 2010-09-12, 15:11   Link #26955
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Dude! Welcome back! I was wondering where ya went off to for so long. I hope to see more Decisions in the future
I had to go to a trip that turned into a temporary transfer on my job. I'll start working again on the story as soon as I settle down again.

Not to mention I have a lot of catching up to do.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 17:39   Link #26956
Megaolix

Quote:

I can't believe I actually feel sorry for Quattro, even if it's just a bit. Even if everybody knew it was her, she at least played her part.
Old 2010-09-12, 19:03   Link #26957
Tabasco

Quote:

[SPOILER="Shadow's Contradiction"].
Sweet, always good to see new stuff when I get back from a break.

On sNoble's comments, I kind of see the Shadowverse as one long break the cutie moment with regards to Lutecia. In a way I'm surprised it took as long as it did for the inevitable to start happening, but then the agents might not have that high a mission frequency either.

[QUOTE=Moczo;3240452]Soooo... I sat down to write, just on the off-chance that something would happen. And what do you know, something did!

And completely on the other end of the emotional scale, we have this. For the record, I'm of the opinion the Chrono is the most awesome character in the room during the beginning scene, but that is in no way a slur against Wendi.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:12   Link #26958
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I have to wonder, and it's totally not important for the story, but...what are Hayate and Verossa's sons' names? I'm so oddly curious since I don't believe that's ever been mentioned....(Not that it matters to the series....but I'm curious!)
The sons are named Light, Kage, and Justice, respectively. Yeah, corny names, I know. I have it in my head of a short for Vivio and Lutecia baby-sitting them and Nami (Miyuki and Yuuno's daughter), I just never got around to actually write it.

Quote:
Hello people.

Welcome back from the dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNobleJr View Post
Now to decide if you're just being a cruel tease with that, or not... :P
Am I really that infamous for my cruelty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I kind of see the Shadowverse as one long break the cutie moment with regards to Lutecia.

Would anyone believe me if I honestly said that it wasn't supposed to turn out this way for Lutecia?
Old 2010-09-12, 19:19   Link #26959
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Would anyone believe me if I honestly said that it wasn't supposed to turn out this way for Lutecia?
No.

*flees*
Old 2010-09-12, 20:27   Link #26960
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Hello people.

Welcome back!

Quote:

Am I really that infamous for my cruelty?
Yes. Yes you are.

Quote:
Hey, I was around for most of the planning-phase discussions and ideas you had about all this so I know you didn't initially work it out like this...and yet I still have trouble believing you!

(Of course, that might be because I also know that you also juggled around the idea of "Sunset" being the true ending for a bit, there. )

Edit: Pageclaim for RB's Saber avatars!

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2010-09-12 at 20:28. Reason: Page claim!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha