AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10: Amazing... 37 42.53%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 32 36.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 11.49%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 4.60%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 3.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.15%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-23, 13:51   Link #81
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh god. So awesome. Audrey. Prime example of properly done female leads in the franchise. Did she wake up and think "Hey, I'm going to jump out of a ship assuming I will be caught, just to be epic."
The scene between Marida and Zinnerman. I'm a sucker for these type of character relationships.
Banagher, I like him again, after he was annoying me a bit last time.

Anyone else feel bad for Micott? Graced with three seconds of random screen time. That's how it goes for the rejected, lol. Guess she might enjoy a chat with Ridde.
Pleasantly surprised they got Marida back, there were several seconds where I worried she'd be a goner after all- up until the last second really, when she went all "I'm the enemy". Made me think she'd turn on herself. But all was good.

Seriously, this series is so good. It's what Gundam is supposed to be like. Or, hell, anything of its genre. Though for the last two episodes, every time they aired, they had the unpleasant side effect of making me loathe AGE with a passion for how blatantly inferior it is :/

Can't believe it's a year's wait for the next episode.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:40   Link #82
hai_san

Noone mention the OTS yet? It is magnificent again. I love Audrey theme
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:29   Link #83
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Pleasantly surprised they got Marida back, there were several seconds where I worried she'd be a goner after all- up until the last second really, when she went all "I'm the enemy". Made me think she'd turn on herself. But all was good.
I was just as relieved. It could have been just another one of those situations where my favorite character ended up dying in a Gundam series, and I have quite the track record when it comes to that.

I mean dammit, at least one puru clone deserves to live.

Quote:
Seriously, this series is so good. It's what Gundam is supposed to be like. Or, hell, anything of its genre. Though for the last two episodes, every time they aired, they had the unpleasant side effect of making me loathe AGE with a passion for how blatantly inferior it is :/
If this ends as strong as it is currently I'm gona have to say this is probably my favorite Gundam series.

As for AGE, I feel like I'm blessed having never watched it. I can't stand the majority of Gundam material made this past decade or so, thanks a good ol' UC Gundam series like this came around. And boy what a great series it has been thus far.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:24   Link #84
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I was just as relieved. It could have been just another one of those situations where my favorite character ended up dying in a Gundam series, and I have quite the track record when it comes to that.
Can't even remember when the last one in her position survived. And just like you said, they're usually favourites of mine too, so all the possible ways in which her predecessors died came to mind. When she was going nuts, I figured someone would take her out. When Riddhe shot at the Banshee like a crazy person with his (lol) gun, I was sure she was going to snap, and Banagher would kill her. Or she'd kill Zinnerman. When she decided she was the enemy, I thought she was going to kill herself. And then she made it and I was just like "Oh...". Didn't expect that. This was so emotional, it's a miracle I didn't cry my eyes out actually.

Quote:
If this ends as strong as it is currently I'm gona have to say this is probably my favorite Gundam series.
Same here. The OST is amazing, the visuals are stunning, the plot and storytelling are epic too. Old UC shows were similarly good, this just has the massive bonus of its modern technology and cinematography. This is easily one of the best shows of recent years.

Quote:
As for AGE, I feel like I'm blessed having never watched it. I can't stand the majority of Gundam material made this past decade or so, thanks a good ol' UC Gundam series like this came around. And boy what a great series it has been thus far.
You are. While I personally did enjoy recent shows for being good at what they do (except GSD), but Age... I don't think you could watch it alongside Unicorn and not end up wishing to shank the fool who green-lighted it. The quality gap is simply enormous.

I just irrationally wish we didn't have to wait so long between episodes. But the quality speaks for itself and once they're all released, it'll be awesome to watch them all together
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 20:42   Link #85
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The most awesome thing would be the OST.

And as much as people love the entrance of Rozen Zulu, I can't pass off how incompetent the grunts that were massacred by him. It's almost on GSD level, hold-still-waiting-for-being-hit-in-the-face. The Byalant Custom has much better debut time.

Well, at least Unicorn is getting back to its prime after the horrible 4th episode.
Old 2012-05-23, 20:45   Link #86
quagmire

Quote:
You are. While I personally did enjoy recent shows for being good at what they do (except GSD), but Age... I don't think you could watch it alongside Unicorn and not end up wishing to shank the fool who green-lighted it. The quality gap is simply enormous.
Age stinks even compared to its predecessor series 00. Does Sunrise like to go in cycles of series? One stinks the next rocks the next stinks, etc...

Seed- Good
Destiny-bad
00-good
Age-bad
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 20:47   Link #87
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Age stinks even compared to its predecessor series 00. Does Sunrise like to go in cycles of series? One stinks the next rocks the next stinks, etc...

Seed- Good
Destiny-bad
00-good
Age-bad
I just want to remind people this is not a place to bash Gundam AGE, but if you want I'll fix it for you.

Quote:
Seed- bad
Destiny-bad
00-bad
Age-bad
This is how it should be, because each series has its own bad moment and good moment, and base on how you view it, if you consider AGE to be bad, then everything should be bad.
Old 2012-05-23, 22:39   Link #88
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Noone mention the OTS yet? It is magnificent again. I love Audrey theme
I think that belongs in the OST section
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 23:19   Link #89
T-T-Thunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
^This. The Rozen Zulu totally outshines the Banshee and Unicorn in this episode. Oh and I too loved that respectful bow, as if Angelo had done any other day-to-day errand.
Thirded. It's such a little thing, and Angelo has no lines in this episode, but it perfectly sent his character. He was yielding the stage, as it were, to Full Frontal.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 00:15   Link #90
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-T-Thunder! View Post
Thirded. It's such a little thing, and Angelo has no lines in this episode, but it perfectly sent his character. He was yielding the stage, as it were, to Full Frontal.

Banshee was the main attraction of this episode .Zulu was also nicely depicted but don't compare it with Banshee.
Old 2012-05-24, 00:30   Link #91
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Yeesh were the battles in the novel this one sided all the time?

I mean it's either a Federation Unit that's dominating an entire Zeon Battalion or a Zeon Unit that's dominating an entire Federation Battalion. In this case Angelo wiped out an entrie Federation squadron and that battleship is going bye bye.

Do they just not like making the grunts competent or at least on an even playing field?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 00:30   Link #92
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Didn't Zinnerman give her a parachute? She just jumped out a spaceship without it and hoped her favorite newtype pilot would catch her. Leap of faith, "trust a guy she barely knows" scene. "But they have this deep understanding due to newtype powers. The psychic powers get them attached guickly to people."

oh oh... Riddhe is jealous and a Gundam is just lying around...

Cool episode, cool action. Good as usual for this series. Gotta wait another 6+ months and then another 6+ months for the last episode.

Minerva chose a cool name for a damsel in distress. Banagher is really good at screaming and yelling her fake name. "AUDREY!!!"
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 03:40   Link #93
hai_san

I think she lost her parachute when a MS explode at the rear of the Garuda. Well most of the dialogues were almost to much cliche in my opinion, especially Bright's talk with Banagher... but well this is Gundam(Anime) so i will let it pass. And that Audrey will jump out of an aircraft and Banagher catch her midair is standard in every Gundam serie, she isnt the first and wont be the last. But i must admit i like the scene very much, it was very well done and sweet. I love the BGM (Audrey theme) in this scene. When the Garancieres appeared out of the clouds, i god how i wish Gundam Unicorn would/could actually really be 3-D.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:29   Link #94
sweet-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Cool episode, cool action. Good as usual for this series. Gotta wait another 6+ months and then another 6+ months for the last episode.

Minerva chose a cool name for a damsel in distress. Banagher is really good at screaming and yelling her fake name. "AUDREY!!!"
Episode 6 actually doesn't come out for a year. Just thought I give you the great news.
sweet-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 06:42   Link #95
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-d View Post
Episode 6 actually doesn't come out for a year. Just thought I give you the great news.
Yea best thing ever next ep will air in Spring 2013... and last ep perhaps if we are lucky autumn 2013 or else Spring 2014... well if you compare it with George Martins Song of Ice&Fire it is still acceptable...
Old 2012-05-24, 08:21   Link #96
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
kill count for Rozen Zulu

Spoiler:

total destroy 20 ms
7 Rezel
13 Jegans
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:21   Link #97
quagmire

It's interesting to see that Angelo didn't aim to kill( or has really bad aim).... All of those shots either hit the legs, arms, or head. Never the cockpit area.

Which possibly leads me to believe Full Frontal won't destroy the General Revil, only disable it( why end the episode in suspense if he was simply going to destroy it?).
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 11:25   Link #98
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It's interesting to see that Angelo didn't aim to kill( or has really bad aim).... All of those shots either hit the legs, arms, or head. Never the cockpit area.

Which possibly leads me to believe Full Frontal won't destroy the General Revil, only disable it( why end the episode in suspense if he was simply going to destroy it?).
maybe angelo just wants those pilots to tell the story of how fabolous he was during that battle? ;D
we also havent really seen how angelo fights so far. in episode 1 he doesnt appear, in 2 he just provides cover for the sinanju, in episode 3 he cant fire at the unicorns cockpit (but we also dont see him fighting other units) and in episode 4 he didnt appear as well. maybe its just his style not to aim at the cockpit?
but anyhow, it was about time that angelo got a moment to shine like that!^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 11:30   Link #99
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Angelo doesn't look like a type who will spare his opponent, though. I believe it has something to do with Full Frontal's appearance and his motive.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:20   Link #100
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Angelo doesn't look like a type who will spare his opponent, though. I believe it has something to do with Full Frontal's appearance and his motive.
I've been under the impression that he wants Frontal to gain as much of the glory from battle as possible. He was going on about how he himself desecrated Frontals battlefield earlier in the show (episode 2 I believe).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion