AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 07:27   Link #261
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

How about boiled veges? Just boil them, then prepare a light sauce by slightly saute some garlic cloves, then add water and cornstarch.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:30   Link #262
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
How about boiled veges? Just boil them, then prepare a light sauce by slightly saute some garlic cloves, then add water and cornstarch.
That maybe good... Hmmm... Boiling might destroy some off the nutrients in the vege but.... maybe .. I guess.. that would do..

Maybe I'll post my next lunch...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:31   Link #263
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Then don't over boil the veges~

Old 2012-05-28, 22:55   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Here's a simple one that hits the food groups and is fast: Tuna Fish Salad On Salad.
Its silly but easy, fast, and healthy.

Use your favorite tuna fish salad recipe or:
One can tuna fish (canned in water not oil, albacore if you're feeling rich)
One pickle diced (or 1/4 cup of capers)
One celery stick thin sliced
1/2 onion diced. (purple, white, yellow, whatever)
1/3 cup mayo (if you're adventurous, add a bit of wasabi to this to taste)
1 Tsp. lemon juice and pepper to taste... or "lemon pepper" to taste.

Mix, mix, mix til you have the stuff you put in a tuna fish sandwich.

2 cups of "Spring Mix" (ala yard clippings ala mixed salad bits, if it has dandelion leaves you're on the right track. Most stores have it bagged already) Wash thoroughly.

Toss the spring mix leaves into a bowl, dollop the tuna salad on top.

Dust the top with Panko crumbs... or take a piece of toast and cut it into small croutons and scatter it on top.

Eat...
Old 2012-05-29, 07:21   Link #265
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Here's a simple one that hits the food groups and is fast: Tuna Fish Salad On Salad.
Its silly but easy, fast, and healthy.

Use your favorite tuna fish salad recipe or:
One can tuna fish (canned in water not oil, albacore if you're feeling rich)
One pickle diced (or 1/4 cup of capers)
One celery stick thin sliced
1/2 onion diced. (purple, white, yellow, whatever)
1/3 cup mayo (if you're adventurous, add a bit of wasabi to this to taste)
1 Tsp. lemon juice and pepper to taste... or "lemon pepper" to taste.

Mix, mix, mix til you have the stuff you put in a tuna fish sandwich.

2 cups of "Spring Mix" (ala yard clippings ala mixed salad bits, if it has dandelion leaves you're on the right track. Most stores have it bagged already) Wash thoroughly.

Toss the spring mix leaves into a bowl, dollop the tuna salad on top.

Dust the top with Panko crumbs... or take a piece of toast and cut it into small croutons and scatter it on top.

Eat...
I've seen this before but never tried it. I might wanna try it sometime. How I think I'd try it is perhaps canned solid white tuna (I think albacore; it is the only kind I like), with Hellman's regular mayo and fresh cracked black pepper, tiny bits of diced white onion and celery, diced dill pickle, and then over either dark greens/spring mix, or hearts of romaine, with a bit of shredded carrots. I'd make the tuna pretty wet with mayo so that it coats the lettuce better. Oh, I'd like to eat it with toast (wheat toast).
Old 2012-05-29, 07:29   Link #266
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I don't eat tuna from a can...

Now I want tuna sashimi with spicy dipping sauce...
Old 2012-05-29, 07:39   Link #267
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

I need to eat more 'real' tuna. But I like tuna from a can (albacore, solid white) because I've been eating it and liking it ever since I was a small kid. Same reason why I can still eat a small McDonald's hamburger; because I liked them as a kid. Or Kraft macaroni and cheese with the powdered cheese mix.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:43   Link #268
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Fresh Norwegian salmon is absolute heaven....

Old 2012-05-29, 07:47   Link #269
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I like to get boneless filets of rainbow trout. It is a fresh water fish. I really like this kind of fish. I figure it'd be hard to get in the UK, though, Muaha. I live near Boston, and the place that I buy it from gets it from Idaho. There just aren't a lot of big fisheries for it in North America.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:51   Link #270
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

You gotta be kidding me,lol.Rainbow trout? We have loads of them in the UK. In fact, I am getting sick of it.

Old 2012-05-29, 08:25   Link #271
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
You gotta be kidding me,lol.Rainbow trout? We have loads of them in the UK. In fact, I am getting sick of it.
Lucky! Not every supermarket in my area carries it. In fact, most of them in my area don't.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:30   Link #272
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

To add salt to your wound, I live next to my local supermarket and rainbow trout is dead cheap, heheheheh.

Old 2012-05-29, 12:38   Link #273
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

That was salt in my wound. Rainbow Trout for around here isn't the most expensive fish, but it isn't what I'd call a cheap fish.
Old 2012-05-29, 13:32   Link #274
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Then what kind of fish do you have in North America?

Old 2012-05-29, 14:04   Link #275
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

In New England, there is some good seafood in this region (like New England clam chowder). There are some fish dishes people like up here (like a white fish baked dish, baked with buttery crackers on top of it, or sometimes bread crumbs). But the type of sea fish that is sold around here, to take home and pan fry, is stuff I'm not big on. Things like Cod and Haddock. Those are prominent in the seas near where I live. They aren't too good until you liven them up like with baking them with a buttery cracker topping like I mentioned (known as baked scrod), or making a fish or seafood stew out of them.

We do have Salmon (which is good for pan frying) at just about any place you can buy fish, and I think most times it is Salmon from the Atlantic. I'm not sure if there are shrimp and scallops in the seas of New England, but there is plenty of that on sale at our supermarkets. Clams and oysters are found at seafood restaurants here, too. Clams and oysters are found in our waters. Lobster is pretty popular with a lot of people in this region. Most of the lobster for the whole country is from waters by Maine and the seas north of Maine, I believe. Clam strips, clam rolls, lobster rolls and lobster sandwiches and lobster bisque are some other popular types of seafood in this region. Fish and chips is a popular seafood dish here, and salmon is big with people here.

New England has its own distinct type of seafood offering. As for other parts of North America, I know that the Gulf of Mexico has its own distinct offering for seafood, as does parts of the west coast. Florida probably has some tropical fish, Maryland is big on crab, a lot of people near the coasts in Louisiana like spiced up seafood, craw fish is big in the south, catfish is big in the south, I know San Fran offers up some good seafood, and in the Northwest and up into Canada, there is lots of Alaskan King Crab and pacific salmon. I know there are a lot of rainbow trout fisheries in Idaho and states around Idaho. They will ship their products nationwide.

Oh, and then there is Hawaii. I imagine seafood from Hawaii is pretty good, and unique from the rest of the country. I've never been there. I'd like to eat more tropical fish.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:11   Link #276
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

oh gosh, today I made the most epic ramen ever.
I used shin (something) ramen. Sorry I can't remember the name. ^ ^; I boiled it, and also made some hard boiled eggs in the same pot at the same time. By the time the ramen was done, so were the eggs! I then took the ramen, and fried it a little bit. It's super unhealthy, but it added so much good flavor that I really don't care. I also cooked bacon, and some spinach leaves, and once the ramen was fried I added it to it. I then cut the eggs in half and set them in the bowl. Instead of using the flavoring packet that came with the ramen, I used soy sauce. It made it soooo good. It wasn't very healthy but it sure was delicious.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:16   Link #277
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiEatsRainbows View Post
I used shin (something) ramen. Sorry I can't remember the name. ^ ^; I boiled it, and also made some hard boiled eggs in the same pot at the same time. By the time the ramen was done, so were the eggs! I then took the ramen, and fried it a little bit. It's super unhealthy, but it added so much good flavor that I really don't care. I also cooked bacon, and some spinach leaves, and once the ramen was fried I added it to it. I then cut the eggs in half and set them in the bowl. Instead of using the flavoring packet that came with the ramen, I used soy sauce. It made it soooo good. It wasn't very healthy but it sure was delicious.
Shin ramen is epic. Try taking the base elements, adding the egg, and then slowly boiling rice cake and adding that as well. It's awesome and I swear it's one of the only things my father ever makes. xD
Old 2012-05-29, 14:16   Link #278
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

You sound like my two sons (they don't like canned tuna either)... though yeah, anymore we just used albacore white canned in water. The cheap stuff looks like it was sent through a fan and then dipped in wd40.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:19   Link #279
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiEatsRainbows View Post
Did you get an idea to cook ramen like that, or just experimented. I know that the Japanese get pretty creative with ramen, so I was wondering if you got an idea from a Japanese cookbook or anime or something.
Old 2012-05-29, 17:28   Link #280
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Wife cooked up a lovely meal tonight, was gyoza with some really nice spring onions and rice Not too heavy on the pork but was a good quantity to feel my needs