AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 06:28   Link #6321
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is there a timeline for campione? I'm asking for a year on the events happen or at least a timeline on the order of events.
More or less this I guess:
Spoiler for timeline:
It's not even a year and Godou has encountered a lot of things and made a name for himself. Quite a feat.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:37   Link #6322
whitecloud

well...he's better off if you compare him to touma really...6 month off and he's already plunged into world war 3, battle with angel several time and almost die in antarctic, his hands cut off, his body stabbed, almost die of blood loss, have several magic group aiming for his life...quite a life..best of all he's only human, not a campione or anything special...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:54   Link #6323
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...he's better off if you compare him to touma really...6 month off and he's already plunged into world war 3, battle with angel several time and almost die in antarctic, his hands cut off, his body stabbed, almost die of blood loss, have several magic group aiming for his life...quite a life..best of all he's only human, not a campione or anything special...
That fact is something I truly dislike about Index. Being a campione is like cheating but it in fact make Godou's life logical and understandable. He is important, powerful and inexperience and yet no human nor organization dare to lay a finger on him (except for one complete idiot who was already crushed by the [Boar]). It is because he is a campione, a being of power who born to hunt celestial beings and no matter how many of them gathered, human can never win against a [King]. And almost in every volumes, Godou experiences death at least once. For instance, in the fight against Melqart, after being struck by Melqart's clubs of wind and lightning, he was fried alive, his bones was broken and his organs was dissolved. But only after a sleep, he was revived completely by the power of the [Ram]. It is not considered deus ex machina because the [Ram] is his very basic ability, not something was made half way for the sake of the story.
And actually, Touma is the most special one with his Imagin Breaker. There are 7 campiones but only 1 Touma. But the fact Touma is still a human with a mudane body is really weird to me. He has a lot of enemies and organizations targeting his life. Why didn't anyone try to kill hime for real. Snipping, poisoning, stabbing him with a kitchen or even threatening him using his family or friends will work as well... I don't think he can use his right hand to deal with them...
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 13:28   Link #6324
Yye1
Wide Right

Lol, it even states in the LN itself that wat Godou has accomplished in such a short amount of time was incredible

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:38   Link #6325
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
That fact is something I truly dislike about Index. Being a campione is like cheating but it in fact make Godou's life logical and understandable. He is important, powerful and inexperience and yet no human nor organization dare to lay a finger on him (except for one complete idiot who was already crushed by the [Boar]). It is because he is a campione, a being of power who born to hunt celestial beings and no matter how many of them gathered, human can never win against a [King]. And almost in every volumes, Godou experiences death at least once. For instance, in the fight against Melqart, after being struck by Melqart's clubs of wind and lightning, he was fried alive, his bones was broken and his organs was dissolved. But only after a sleep, he was revived completely by the power of the [Ram]. It is not considered deus ex machina because the [Ram] is his very basic ability, not something was made half way for the sake of the story.
And actually, Touma is the most special one with his Imagin Breaker. There are 7 campiones but only 1 Touma. But the fact Touma is still a human with a mudane body is really weird to me. He has a lot of enemies and organizations targeting his life. Why didn't anyone try to kill hime for real. Snipping, poisoning, stabbing him with a kitchen or even threatening him using his family or friends will work as well... I don't think he can use his right hand to deal with them...
Spoiler for off-topic To aru response:

I will agree that Godou's life basically makes sense. He can do the "everyday life" thing because no one can tell him not to. Except gods and campione, who he ends up fighting anyway.
Old 2013-04-24, 15:03   Link #6326
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Spoiler for off-topic To aru response:
Spoiler for Question of To Aru:
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:26   Link #6327
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Spoiler for Question of To Aru:
Spoiler for A Certain Off-Topic Response:

That said, we're way off topic and you'd be better off asking a real To Aru fan. I stopped after first two volumes of New Testament, so you may want a second opinion.
Old 2013-04-24, 17:17   Link #6328
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
More or less this I guess:
Spoiler for timeline:
It's not even a year and Godou has encountered a lot of things and made a name for himself. Quite a feat.
So this happens in a year right thanks.

question on year again. how many year had past since this event happen.
Voban doing his ritual to summon a heretic god that involves lots of sacrifice hime miko
Alice and Alec encounter with Lucretia or when did Alice and Alec first met. How many years is the gap from the current year.
Old 2013-04-24, 18:02   Link #6329
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So this happens in a year right thanks.

question on year again. how many year had past since this event happen.
Voban doing his ritual to summon a heretic god that involves lots of sacrifice hime miko
Alice and Alec encounter with Lucretia or when did Alice and Alec first met. How many years is the gap from the current year.
Voban's ritual is 4 years ago from the current timeline.
Alec's encounter with Alice was 10 years before the timeline, because it said that Alec became a Campione at the age of 16 and they met 2 years after that. He's currently 28 years old.
That part where they meet with Lucretia at vol8 was 8 years from the timeline as it was said that it was 4 years since Alec became a Campione.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 19:08   Link #6330
blade82

then Godou is not the youngest to become a Campione?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 19:20   Link #6331
OverNOut
The Obsever

^Didn't Godou become a Campione at the age of 15.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:43   Link #6332
tsunade666

I'm not sure on the timeline for Campione so that's why I'm asking but if I remember it right. He become one at the end of middle school or summer after middle school before high school so he is probably 15 but not sure on his birthday.

He is currently a freshman right?
Old 2013-04-24, 20:52   Link #6333
zzhk
Summary Machine

The Japanese school year starts in April after spring break and runs on a three term (trimester) system.

April till summer break: Term 1
September till winter break: Term 2
January till spring break: Term 3
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:00   Link #6334
Ddraig

Seeing that Godou been busy all year round after becoming Campione. I'm surprise that he didnt got called in by the teacher regarding his grade or test result. Maybe he got private tutoring by one of the girls thats how he survive
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:27   Link #6335
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Seeing that Godou been busy all year round after becoming Campione. I'm surprise that he didnt got called in by the teacher regarding his grade or test result. Maybe he got private tutoring by one of the girls thats how he survive
Godou is the type of person who can do just "get by" when doing his studies. He is at best above average. Erica already brought up the issue that Godou continuing his studies would serve no purpose, and what we seen thus far make it so. Godou is a Campione, his only duty is to protect humanity from Gods and his own personal duty he added in is to not cause destruction as well (He definitely deserves a C-, only because he never got civilians killed, mess with their heads and destroying infrastructure he certainly did). As a 15 year old he is already capable, he can find jobs for money quite well (You know I really envy him, why can't it be like that in reality) and if he wanted to, get help from the girls (no matter how much he complains, he will always yield in the end if its an no other choice situation) since they do come from wealthy background (of course his pride wouldn't allow him to do so by just asking, more likely he will ask the girls for certain job he can do for him.......Yeah I suddenly thought what Erica would do and just chills).

I am surprise that Erica did not just quickly get her education to the point where she can mischievously become Godou's real teacher in school (only then he will drop out).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:58   Link #6336
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Lol, it even states in the LN itself that wat Godou has accomplished in such a short amount of time was incredible
let's not forget the monumental damage he incurs for every fight he takes... ancient and modern infrastructure are shown no mercy each time he do battle
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 22:32   Link #6337
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
The Japanese school year starts in April after spring break and runs on a three term (trimester) system.

April till summer break: Term 1
September till winter break: Term 2
January till spring break: Term 3
So he is already a highschool student when it all happens?
Old 2013-04-24, 22:41   Link #6338
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I think he just graduated from middle school when he became a campione
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 3 prologue
“Fine, I understand. I shall start from the very beginning. I am not used to telling this type of story so please forgive me for anything that you don’t understand.”

“...From the beginning, you mean right from the start of everything?”

“Ah, yes. We must trace back to the spring break after my middle school graduation.”

Kusanagi Godou back then was in a transition state, neither in middle school nor high school.

As it was not yet the first of May, he was still fifteen years old.
Old 2013-04-24, 22:54   Link #6339
tsunade666

So its not really summer break but spring break. I'm still right when I say that its after middle school that it started it all. I'm really bad at remembering this dates and season.
Old 2013-04-25, 05:47   Link #6340
Yami no Ou
まおう

well Godou is the youngest to become a Campione right?
Yami no Ou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem