AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 01:14   Link #261
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

She has extremely strong arms, since she didn't require any hospitalization after catching a human falling in the air.
I'm too lazy to do it, but maybe someone will calculate how much force was on her arms when she caught Haruue?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:24   Link #262
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I have no Idea on the math but it has to do with Harue's weight and if she reached terminal velocity from that height. Although Saten's arm should be dislocated at least. Maybe her arms got stronger from swinging her baseball bat around?.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:24   Link #263
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I have no Idea on the math but it has to do with Harue's weight and if she reached terminal velocity from that height. Although Saten's arm should be dislocated at least. Maybe her arms got stronger from swinging her baseball bat around?.
Terminal velocity? It takes a far deeper fall for that.

Still, it was probably around 3m down from the helicopter to Saten which is not dismissable...

If Saten normally doesn't have the strenght to toss Harue 3m into the air (adrenaline accounted) with one arm... dislocation + a teared muscle does sound like a lucky outcome.

Well... maybe Harue weights 15kg... in that case Saten could exert enough strenght to catch her...
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:42   Link #264
Sumeragi
Banned

One thing people seem to be ignoring: Ruiko didn't catch Harue directly from above. The swinging motion itself is enough to blunt most of the energy.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:47   Link #265
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And if Haruue bounced off the wall a bit, that'd take care of whatever remaining energy was in her. Still, Ruiko's arm couldn't have felt too good afterwards.
Old 2013-04-15, 02:55   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, its a good thing they're already at a hospital then
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 09:31   Link #267
zaeraal

First of all Saten is able to lift a 50+kg person with both arms and still be able to walk, which is already inhumane feast for a GIRL of HER AGE.
Lifting 90kg (while being still and for really short period) is a world record for girls of her age.

Secondly, whenever she would dislocate her arm or not depends on various factors:
Harues's weight and speed, rate and angle of deceleration during catch and Saten strenght in her arms.

If we consider a 3m fall and then a grab on a bar, a professional gymnast or acrobat would be able to do it (with both hands).
If the bar would be on some elastic rope, 1 hand would be just fine.

I am sure Saten didn't tried to stop her the very instant she grabed her, but rather tried to decelerate all the way her hand can reach (1m cca).
So under absolutely ideal conditions and the canon fact that Saten can lift heavy weight, it might be plausible.
(maybe her skirt flipping plays a role here too )

A side note, the way the guy on helicopter was able to trow Harue (aside to the help of the wind created by rotor blades) was completly impossible.
Either the helicopter had some insane thrust, or the guy used some weight decreasing power, something like application of Awatsuki's power.
By decreasing her weight, he could have thrown her like that and his power was still active by the time she reached Saten.
But it quickly ended when the helicopter got further away, explaining why Saten suddenly lost her grab on the ladder.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:22   Link #268
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

The main thing is: Saten's action was really COOL
Finding explanation is not really important for me in this caseXD
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:16   Link #269
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Saten should play major league baseball, She's always with her trusty bat.
Old 2013-04-15, 21:09   Link #270
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought the most important Saten point in that episode was how reckless she is wondering through dark alleys alone. Having powerful friends is good, but might want to take care when you can't actually defend yourself...

But yeah, the catch was pretty good .
Old 2013-04-15, 21:34   Link #271
HandofFate

I think she gets thrill off always getting into trouble, and getting saved by her friends. A big M she is.
Old 2013-04-16, 00:05   Link #272
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

I don't think Saten enjoys danger, her expression or behavior never showed that. She likes urban legends and little adventures, but never seeks trouble intentionally, knowing her friends would save her. And she's not getting saved one-sidedly, she's always there for her friends and those in trouble, she does everything in her power, bravely stand up against high-level villains to save the weak. That's what real strength is. In this sense she's way more powerful than some of the Level 5s, who abuse their powers.
Old 2013-04-16, 00:06   Link #273
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Besides, the real Trouble Attractor is Touma; everyone knows that. :V
Old 2013-04-19, 07:19   Link #274
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
I don't think Saten enjoys danger, her expression or behavior never showed that. She likes urban legends and little adventures, but never seeks trouble intentionally, knowing her friends would save her. And she's not getting saved one-sidedly, she's always there for her friends and those in trouble, she does everything in her power, bravely stand up against high-level villains to save the weak. That's what real strength is. In this sense she's way more powerful than some of the Level 5s, who abuse their powers.
Mind if I quote this in my fic?
Old 2013-04-19, 16:04   Link #275
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Mind if I quote this in my fic?
I don't mind, be sure to inform me when you finish it^^
Old 2013-04-23, 12:56   Link #276
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

A Japanese fan of Saten-san created a Lamborghini in GTA IV decorated with Saten images:

It's always good to see that Saten-san has many dedicated and creative fans
Old 2013-04-27, 00:57   Link #277
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Saten-san's fashion of the week, braids.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 12:28   Link #278
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Saten-san's fashion of the week, braids.
She was beyond cute, but I adore her long straight hair the most~
Old 2013-04-27, 12:59   Link #279
zaeraal

The straight long hair is nice, but for me, the winner is definitely the Saten in chapter 42, page 22.
Chapter 39, page 19 was nice too, but the one on 42 was a win win for me.
In this ep 3. it was similar style as the one in chapter 42, but anime made her brainds a bit wider and the special flower was missing, so I will have to wait for my favorite Saten a bit longer.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 14:08   Link #280
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Saten-san is really lovely in the scenes you mentioned. Well, I think I was most impressed by the Saten scenes in episode 09, that made completely fell in love with her.

Tags
characters