Old 2017-09-05, 17:50   Link #7861
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 24".

Spoiler for thoughts:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 20:39   Link #7862
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Ah, Sariel was fooled. Not through lies, but by not quite knowing the result of her actions. After all, Sariel, the pacifistic god, became the core to a system that encourages war and murder.
Kuro's wish was granted, but neither god read the fine-print; The world was effectively turned into D's videogame, where dying became the power supply of the world itself.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 09:45   Link #7863
kari-no-sugata II

512 is out in raw. Greetings foolish mortals!

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-06, 16:34   Link #7864
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 25" is up.

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-06, 20:55   Link #7865
bakapervert
A pervert

Damn, that' pretty evil of D. But strangely I don't hate her at all and even like her character. I wonder why? Even though she is arguably worse than Potty.
Old 2017-09-06, 22:33   Link #7866
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Damn, that' pretty evil of D. But strangely I don't hate her at all and even like her character. I wonder why? Even though she is arguably worse than Potty.
I guess we like her since she's a much more interesting character than him ~
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 22:34   Link #7867
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Translation for "Past Arc 25" is up.

Spoiler for thoughts:
Thanks for the translation bruh :3 reading all this makes me want to read everything again from the beginning.
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 01:55   Link #7868
K2Grey

Demons being the people who used MA energy on themselves would make sense. There might not be a huge number of them, but the population of the post-System world is much less than the original population, and they live longer lives which all helps balance out the ratio (not to mention there are less demons than humans at any given time).

Must have been a rough couple millennia for Kuro though.

Quote:
Gyuriedistodiez looks up at the sky.

『In the view of a person of a different world, does the thing that I'm doing looks funny?』

Gyuriedistodiez wrinkle up his eyebrows, and ask.
The face seems to cry, is exhausted, and is suffering, but it was a face of a man who resolved himself to still continue walking.
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 03:27   Link #7869
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
I would consider D (and Shiro) to be "chaotic neutral". Or putting it another way, they prioritise their own interests, do not pro-actively do good or evil but can do either in response to a situation. In comparison, Potimas always prioritises his own interests and is actively harmful to others - "neutral evil". Sariel almost never prioritises her own interests, and in fact the little she has done (ie prioritising humans over other primitive lifeforms) is the cause of her downfall - "lawful good". Gyruie is probably "lawful neutral". Dustin is probably "neutral good"

http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

If Gyurie had neutralised Potimas early on then the world would have been saved long ago (going by Shiro's analysis of the amount of energy Potimas stole). D was probably dissatisfied with the world slowly decaying and wanted a "proper" ending so used the attack on her as an excuse to stir things up to encourage a proper ending. (I'd also be very surprised if D didn't know that the dimensional attack was coming in advance)
Old 2017-09-07, 07:00   Link #7870
kari-no-sugata II

Just thinking about the "standard" 9 alignments (from the URL above):

Lawful Good: Sariel. Probably Shun
Neutral Good: Dustin
Chaotic Good: Oka-chan sensei

Lawful Neutral: Gyurie, Wrath, Mera
True Neutral: Ariel (until recently)
Chaotic Neutral: D, Shiro. current Ariel? Sophia? Ronant?

Lawful Evil: Anyone? (some of the Lawful Neutral guys could look like Lawful Evil to others though) Maybe typical dragons? (Gyurie's race, not the fake dragons within the System)
Neutral Evil: Potimas
Chaotic Evil: Yuugo. Sue?
Old 2017-09-07, 12:41   Link #7871
J4n1

I find the dragons actions pretty reasonable.
Humans insist on using MA energy which will end up destroying the world.
Sariel keeps preventing themo from stopping humans from destroying the world.
So they take the MA energy and just leave, destroying the world.
From dragon perspective, they simply speed things up, giving humans the end they are working towards, while keeping more MA energy they otherwise would have.
It's a win/win.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 15:03   Link #7872
EvilSociopath323

Well it's pretty reasonable for Potimas to unilaterally exploit humanity too you know. Saying that Po*'s trash and the dragons not is kinda strange (though I don't know if you've ever claimed that). Both Po and the dragons only think about themselves and don't give a fuck about humanity since it's more lucrative to either exploit or eliminate humanity than to cooperate with it. Than again you might say that it's in the end humanities fault for being weak and easily deceived.

Btw I totally forgot about Shiro taking Po's ruler skill, my bad.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 15:05   Link #7873
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
Well it's pretty reasonable for Potimas to unilaterally exploit humanity too you know. Saying that Po*'s trash and the dragons not is kinda strange (though I don't know if you've ever claimed that). Both Po and the dragons only think about themselves and don't give a fuck about humanity since it's more lucrative to either exploit or eliminate them than to cooperate with it. Than again you might say that it's in the end humanities fault for being weak and easily deceived.

the dragons did try to warn humanity through the dragon cults but humanity didn't listen.

and also try some direct intervention but Sariel interfere.

so it is not the same as potimas.
Old 2017-09-07, 15:12   Link #7874
EvilSociopath323

They didn't try to eliminate them immediately but not out of compassion. They simply wanted to avoid casualties on their own side since they would have to fight Sariel.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 15:35   Link #7875
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
They didn't try to eliminate them immediately but not out of compassion. They simply wanted to avoid casualties on their own side since they would have to fight Sariel.
what has compassion has to do with it?

my point was that the case between the dragons and potimas isn't the same at all.
Old 2017-09-07, 15:57   Link #7876
J4n1

The dragons caused no harm that humans were not already doing out of their own choice.
They at most hastened the end, after having tried to stop it (their motives are irrelevant).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 05:27   Link #7877
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Well it's pretty reasonable for Potimas to unilaterally exploit humanity too you know. Saying that Po*'s trash and the dragons not is kinda strange (though I don't know if you've ever claimed that). Both Po and the dragons only think about themselves and don't give a fuck about humanity since it's more lucrative to either exploit or eliminate humanity than to cooperate with it. Than again you might say that it's in the end humanities fault for being weak and easily deceived.

The dragons give no fuck about humanity is the same like how humanity give no fuck about the livestocks. So I think that's pretty normal for them. And unlike Potimas, when one of their own, a baby dragon was kidnapped, they raised hell and threatened to destroy a country, they loved their fellow species member.

As for Potty, do you really need more explanation? So yeah, the dragons aren't trash, while Potty is.
Old 2017-09-08, 09:13   Link #7878
Breimn

We finally learn why Kuro did not kill Potimas, he has basically a chain around his neck because of D.
And demons confirmed to be those who used MA energy to evolve.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 09:25   Link #7879
kari-no-sugata II

I guess using MA Energy to evolve was more common than I had thought. Hmm, thinking about it, Potimas had announced how to do that right from the start. If it's been 5-10 years I guess it's possible?

D is rather evil here. Last time Sariel and Gyurie ever spoke to each other. I guess as the System comes fully online Sariel is embedded more and more? We also see once again that D is very good at predicting what people will do. Previously, it had felt like only reason Gyurie didn't kill Potimas is because of Sariel but it was actually D, so this was a surprise. Gyurie was more constrained than expected.

At a guess, the next chapter will be about Ariel and/or Dustin. Or maybe Potimas. Feels like the god side of things is mostly settled though there might be some more details to come out.
Old 2017-09-08, 09:39   Link #7880
Breimn

I wonder if we will learn more about the other kids in the orphanage .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation