AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-06-11, 11:08   Link #1641
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm wondering if we're even going to see Suletta and Miorine reunite at all at this right. Miorine could really use her but it seems like they're going to head straight to Quiet Zero. Suletta hasn't even talked about Miorine at all.
At the start of the ep the SAL guy told them to bring that to the Benerit Group's head office front. That is likely Calibarn and the mentioned front is likely where Miorine is, so they should cross paths. Suletta is likely the one to protect Mio from a rampaging Lauda, I would guess.

By the way, she did mention Miorine once in the ep, when saying she would likely told her to just go ahead and give the tomatoes to the students.

While Suletta understand Eri's reason for pushing her away, doesn't seems like she realized the same about Miorine. I wonder if the knowing about being a repli-child influenced it. Suletta thought back a few eps that Mio did it because Suletta isn't worth her, then learning she is a clone may have result in Suletta thinking even less about herself.
Old 2023-06-11, 11:16   Link #1642
Frontier

[QUOTE=azarhal;6549630]Miorine haven't been seen thinking of Suletta either...

But I'm more thinking from her plot planning point-of-view before abandoning Suletta. If you are planning to be antagonists to the space-law, leaving your daughter behind is inviting the space-law to talk to her...
Well, she did watch that video of Suletta's GUND-Arm promo before the meetings...

Maybe she just didn't see Suletta as having enough worth or capability to matter to anyone at this point.
Quote:
Guston seems to have sent the Calibarn to Benerit HQ at the start of the episode.
There we go!
Old 2023-06-11, 11:34   Link #1643
azarhal

Lots of comment online about Quiet Zero looking like a coffin. More precisely Eri's coffin. Then I saw someone brought up that it is an Utena reference.

Utena use "people in coffin" to symbolize people trapped in limited their worldviews, unable to grow/see beyond those. And Anthy's coffin is a representation of her co-dependency driven relationship to Akio (her brother) and the cycle she is a part of.

Quiet Zero is probably the representation of Elnora and Eri's relationship, as well as the "cycle of sins/revenge" they are trapped in.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 11:51   Link #1644
Frontier

Will wonders never cease:

Spoiler:
Old 2023-06-11, 12:00   Link #1645
TheDoctor324

How much you wanna bet that there's gonna be a "Shang-Chi" moment in the final fight where control of gund-bits/gundnodes will be fought over and that Suletta will get control of some? Based on the ED sequence she has some orbiting her. Or will Calibran have some already? I'm starting to think that maybe, big maybe, Prospera made Suletta different as a failsafe in case she goes too far or something goes wrong with the plan. Like Suletta is the only one able to counter Full Power Aerial. Yes I know that Suletta is already set to be the savior, but this little factor would make it more interesting.
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 12:17   Link #1646
Twi

Review done.

Since Suletta is a repli-child of Ericht, I'm willing to bet she might be able to synchronize with the Data Storms to a higher degree. But I feel a bit off that they're going to give Suletta a Gundam that they've just had laying around without any prior hints that it existed outside this episode. Would it really have been that hard to stick Suletta in the Schwarzette and justified it not having filters because it was still in the development phase?
Old 2023-06-11, 12:24   Link #1647
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But I feel a bit off that they're going to give Suletta a Gundam that they've just had laying around without any prior hints that it existed outside this episode. Would it really have been that hard to stick Suletta in the Schwarzette and justified it not having filters because it was still in the development phase?
Because this is The Tempest, and if you want to challenge Prospero (Prospera) & Ariel (Gundam Aerial), you might wanna do it with Caliban (Gundam Calibarn) .
Old 2023-06-11, 12:26   Link #1648
Twi

Then why not have Prospera pull out the Calibarn as her final mech in the end battle? Eri doesn't need a pilot anymore and who is more fitting to pilot the monster than the original witch herself?

I'm just saying, it needs foreshadowing. Maybe they should have called the Schwarzette the Calibarn instead if you really needed the Tempest angle, since Suletta is the freed slave piloting a monster.
Old 2023-06-11, 12:34   Link #1649
Kazu-kun

What a weird episode. Not necessarily bad, just weird.

We have the buildup for the fight between Prospera and Suletta which is fine. But I just keep wondering, if they stop Quiet Zero, how will they avoid a war between Earth and Space? At this point it feels Quiet Zero is basically the only thing that could stop a war.

To be fair though. I remember posting a few weeks ago that the show probably won't resolve the big picture, the conflict between Earth and Space, and maybe I was right on the money. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

On a different note, I've gotta admit I didn't expect Suletta was gonna get a new Gundam. It came out of nowhere but it's not like this is the first time this happened in a Gundam show so I guess we just have to roll with it. Will Suletta kill herself using it though? That seems very likely.

Since this show draws so much inspiration from Utena, I think we'll have a similar ending here. That is, Suletta will sacrifice herself and Miorine will have to move on on her own. I hope I'm wrong though. I'm a yuri fan after all, so I'd like a happy ending, but I just don't see it.
Old 2023-06-11, 12:36   Link #1650
Twi

So instead of turning into a car she'll turn into a Gundam.

I mean... Ericht did and she's a clone of her, so...

And I feel bad for Pharact. It's the abandoned step-child of Gundams.
Old 2023-06-11, 12:40   Link #1651
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Then why not have Prospera pull out the Calibarn as her final mech in the end battle?
Because Caliban went against (or at least has animosity towards) Prospero in The Tempest
Old 2023-06-11, 14:05   Link #1652
Wandering Soul

I'm having a bit of a hard time buying the SAL giving something like Caliban to Suletta. Sure we know it's because she's the MC, but I would assume an organization like the SAL would have more options when it comes to pilots than a teenage girl that wouldn't have too much experience when it comes to deadly fights.
Old 2023-06-11, 14:14   Link #1653
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm having a bit of a hard time buying the SAL giving something like Caliban to Suletta. Sure we know it's because she's the MC, but I would assume an organization like the SAL would have more options when it comes to pilots than a teenage girl that wouldn't have too much experience when it comes to deadly fights.
Calibarn has no filter according to Bel. That means most people who pilot it will most likely die on the spot. It's risky even for "witches". What if you pilot Calibarn and you suddenly got hit by PS6 & above? Unless SAL has a great pool of "witches" options, Suletta might be it.
Old 2023-06-11, 14:18   Link #1654
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What a weird episode. Not necessarily bad, just weird.

We have the buildup for the fight between Prospera and Suletta which is fine. But I just keep wondering, if they stop Quiet Zero, how will they avoid a war between Earth and Space? At this point it feels Quiet Zero is basically the only thing that could stop a war.
It's easy to miss because the episode goes so fast, but during the Peil whistleblowing conference the Hags pin everything on Benerit internal conflicts, including providing weapons to the Earth insurgents that attacked Benerit properties on Earth and Space (when that was SAL).

The news also mention how Miorine stomped two insurgencies to win the Presidency, so the Earth side conflict is done it seems.

Saying that, if this follow the Tempest, well
Spoiler for ...:

Quote:
SAL doesn't care, Suletta is expendable to them. They are probably hoping she last long enough to be a diversion actually.

I suspect Suletta might have a way different plan then they have thought.
Old 2023-06-11, 14:18   Link #1655
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's not really SAL doing this. It's just Guston acting independently. The real question here is how Guston has enough authority to order Caliban to be moved from SAL's HQ to Benerit's main office right when SAL is in the middle of a conflict with Benerit. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 2023-06-11, 14:31   Link #1656
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Calibarn has no filter according to Bel. That means most people who pilot it will most likely die on the spot. It's risky even for "witches". What if you pilot Calibarn and you suddenly got hit by PS6 & above? Unless SAL has a great pool of "witches" options, Suletta might be it.
Suletta isn't even a real witch though. Eri did all of that. Suletta never used her Permet Score like the others. She didn't even experience it until Eri gave her a love tap in the mental world before she jettisoned her into space.

I mean, if Belmeria snitched to him that fact then he shouldn't have offered to let her pilot since she'd just get dusted. If anyone can do it, then the only justification would be to let the previous Holder do it since Guel is head of his company. But then you run into the issue of letting a child pilot a murder machine to try and talk to her mother, and if that's the case they should just skip the pretenses and just take her hostage because putting her in a Gundam with no filters is a death sentence either way.

The only real justification aside from plot is that since she's a repli-child she shares Eri's DNA and thus might be able to synchronize with it. But no one else brought that up.

Edit: Someone else brought up that she's the only one with experience in piloting Lfrith-type Mobile Suit, but again that's the fans doing Sunrise's work.

Last edited by Twi; 2023-06-11 at 14:48.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 14:33   Link #1657
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not really SAL doing this. It's just Guston acting independently. The real question here is how Guston has enough authority to order Caliban to be moved from SAL's HQ to Benerit's main office right when SAL is in the middle of a conflict with Benerit. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Yeah, he and the other lady were working independently to avoid further conflict. I guess it depends on how much influence they really had to be able to grab the Calibarn.
Old 2023-06-11, 14:59   Link #1658
azarhal

Quote:
Suletta isn't even a real witch though. Eri did all of that. Suletta never used her Permet Score like the others. She didn't even experience it until Eri gave her a love tap in the mental world before she jettisoned her into space.
Baby Suletta experienced a datastorm (outside the cockpit!) when Eri merged into Lfrith in the ep 18 flashback. She just never experienced one while piloting Aerial.
Old 2023-06-11, 15:06   Link #1659
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Suletta isn't even a real witch though.

The only real justification aside from plot is that since she's a repli-child she shares Eri's DNA and thus might be able to synchronize with it. But no one else brought that up.
That's partly why Guston suggested the Calibarn after hearing Suletta's story that she's Eri's clone. Do you really think Guston will suggest piloting Calibarn to just anyone?
Old 2023-06-11, 15:20   Link #1660
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

................WTF is this mess? And they really have time to add in another plot involving Lauda going berserk?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote