Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-04-03, 04:35   Link #1401
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Question: why did Aerith got bullied by other kids when she was under the care of Elmyra? Did they know that she's an Ancient? But now (at the start of Remake) she is loved by everybody even though she still lives in the same neighborhood that bullied her when she was little? What's the deal with that?
In OG mainly because she's hunted by Shinra for five years (child Aerith in flashback is 10 y.o so until 15 y.o).
Tseng in Crisis Core didn't know Aerith is still alive until he checked on people around Zack; he kept Aerith status as MIA in respect to Zack.
Remake added part from novel that her high Lifestream sensitivity also plays part on it, made her difficult to befriend anyone due to different of perception about death.

How she ended up loved by everybody is because of Zack, as told in Crisis Core.
When she's 16 years old, she wanted to help Elmyra financial by selling flowers but not sure how to do it because, yes, she's bullied when she was child.
Zack idea is advertised themselves by helping people (side-quests), they eventually opened up to her. Notice that she's closer to children rather than adult.

Aerith in FF VII is 22 years old, so 12 years passed, enough time.
Old 2024-04-03, 05:23   Link #1402
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
In OG mainly because she's hunted by Shinra for five years (child Aerith in flashback is 10 y.o so until 15 y.o).
Tseng in Crisis Core didn't know Aerith is still alive until he checked on people around Zack; he kept Aerith status as MIA in respect to Zack.
Remake added part from novel that her high Lifestream sensitivity also plays part on it, made her difficult to befriend anyone due to different of perception about death.

How she ended up loved by everybody is because of Zack, as told in Crisis Core.
When she's 16 years old, she wanted to help Elmyra financial by selling flowers but not sure how to do it because, yes, she's bullied when she was child.
Zack idea is advertised themselves by helping people (side-quests), they eventually opened up to her. Notice that she's closer to children rather than adult.

Aerith in FF VII is 22 years old, so 12 years passed, enough time.
Oh, ok. Thanks. Never really got into Crisis Core so I didn't really know.
Old 2024-04-03, 06:09   Link #1403
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tactics, please keep ending talk under spoiler tags. We don't know who has or hasn't finished the game.
Old 2024-04-08, 08:36   Link #1404
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The part about Rebirth that confused me is why
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2024-04-08, 10:12   Link #1405
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Memories:
Old 2024-04-08, 10:46   Link #1406
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
You just explained it yourself.

Spoiler for :
Old 2024-04-08, 13:01   Link #1407
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
He technically didn't.

Spoiler:

There's no conflict with the original.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-12, 17:05   Link #1408
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

https://insider-gaming.com/square-en...ithin-3-years/

They're targeting 2027 for part 3, and they revealed Rebirth was actually done in only three years.
Old 2024-04-12, 20:04   Link #1409
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
https://insider-gaming.com/square-en...ithin-3-years/

They're targeting 2027 for part 3, and they revealed Rebirth was actually done in only three years.
Meh. I'll only be pushing 40.

I think I can beat original VII, Remake, and Rebirth by then.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 07:12   Link #1410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I remember all the doomposting back when it was announced to be several parts but they're really making good time.
Old 2024-04-20, 01:28   Link #1411
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember all the doomposting back when it was announced to be several parts but they're really making good time.
I feel like 3 parts was the expected total. Of course it was also expected to be a remake and not a sequel so we never really knew what to expect .

And I guess 7-8 years could be considered relatively good time for this trilogy.
Old 2024-04-20, 02:26   Link #1412
Shadow5YA

Staff retention makes a big difference. Unfortunately that's a rare occasion in this industry aside from Nintendo's teams.
Old 2024-04-20, 03:13   Link #1413
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I feel like 3 parts was the expected total. Of course it was also expected to be a remake and not a sequel so we never really knew what to expect .

And I guess 7-8 years could be considered relatively good time for this trilogy.
In one of interviews, they said they planned for three parts from start aiming for similar experience to OG three discs.
File size and console strength are their base concern so no Part 4 unless they failed to contain what's left within reasonable size for PS5 games.

We can see they did their best under said limitation (writing is efficient with room for speculation; optional bosses (and playtest) goes to simulator and Intergrade, Wutai for Part 3). How many iconic stuffs left? Highwind, Snowboarding, Supernova, Weapons, Knight of Rounds ...

Old 2024-04-24, 12:05   Link #1414
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wonder if Part 3 will have Vincent Chaos
Old 2024-04-24, 12:10   Link #1415
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Consumer sentiment regarding Square Enix was much more skeptical back then because the franchise had been on a decline since then.
Dirge of Cerberus and the FF7 Compilation in general did not paint a good look on Square Enix's storytelling ability at the tune, and pretty much every Final Fantasy game had been plagued with unstable development issues since after 12.
Old 2024-04-24, 12:57   Link #1416
Twi

I wonder if they're going to eventually combine all of the individual parts into a single game after they release the third.
Old 2024-04-24, 13:14   Link #1417
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I wonder if they're going to eventually combine all of the individual parts into a single game after they release the third.
That's not possible due to physical media constraints. A PS5 blu ray disc can only hold 100GB, and Rebirth alone is already over 145GB.

If Part 3 is about the same size as Rebirth, all three games would nearly take up 400GB.
They could sell them all together as a bundle (they're already doing that for Remake and Rebirth) but ~400GB is a big ask whether you go physical or digital.
Old 2024-04-24, 18:10   Link #1418
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They'll definitely sell them as a bundle. Three discs just like back in the day... although it's more like six actually
Old 2024-04-25, 03:11   Link #1419
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Consumer sentiment regarding Square Enix was much more skeptical back then because the franchise had been on a decline since then.
Dirge of Cerberus and the FF7 Compilation in general did not paint a good look on Square Enix's storytelling ability at the tune, and pretty much every Final Fantasy game had been plagued with unstable development issues since after 12.
This is not entirely true.

Rather than skeptical, SE consumer sentiment regarding FF mostly driven by purist that firmly believed turn-based RPG is definite FF identity, especially numbered title.

So you have funny situation where target audience barked about SE dependency on VII and quality decline are more or less same people that prioritize past series append and dislike everything after X because nothing beats good old days; like how people bash Genesis for being theatrical, ignoring how he's perfect narrative foil to Zack just because Sephiroth matters more, or Kingdom Hearts convinced people SE can make action RPG because its not FF, unaware of Sakaguchi interest for freedom of movement for FF since X and custom tools originated from XII long development time.
Old 2024-04-25, 09:51   Link #1420
Shadow5YA

Genesis is not a good character

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg