AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

View Poll Results: Heavy Object - Episode 17 (Kamchatka Peninsula 1) Rating
Perfect 10 1 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 41.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-06, 16:27   Link #21
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, they're hinting pretty strongly that Monica is the noble girl that Qwenthur was talking about. The timing of Qwenthur saying he thinks she became an idol somewhere and the scene changing to Monica right then, and if you look at the memory shot we see of the girl and her family the girl has the same hair color, same long twintail hair, and even the same hair ribbons as Monica. I'm definitely putting my bet on her being the noble girl.
Indeed that is what they're trying to imply. Qwenther, if you were only nicer to that girl when she was little, you'd be all up in those G cups now.

Getting a lot of new characters is quite refreshing for a change for this series. I do hope some of them end up sticking around instead of kicking the bucket like that antisocial guy. Especially that Charlotte girl.
Old 2016-02-06, 23:24   Link #22
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Frolaytia>Monica

If Qwenthur makes it big, he may get his chance at Frolaytia's marriage.
Old 2016-02-07, 05:31   Link #23
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so rip Charles the brooding hacker guy? despite his potential to become fangirl bait , assuming he manages to survive all the stabbing & blood loss combined in a freezing environment as he IS featured in the freaking OP song along with the new characters,

i want to bet in the next episode he'll pull a Rambo to save Qwenthur & Charlotte despite his injuries.
Old 2016-02-07, 09:55   Link #24
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well the way he spoke of her as the "annoying noble daughter" I don't think they were 'childhood friends' per say, though DragoonKain bit disagree? lol
Well not me, but I'm just trying to be consistent with what is labelled as 'childhood friends' by anime. I mean, if Usagi and her fiancé in Anti-Magic Academy has been labelled as childhood friends by the anime itself when they have hated each other's guts since they met, who am I (a gaijin) to contradict them? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2016-02-08, 06:19   Link #25
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I hope Qwenthur and Charlotte can make it out alive and punish Nutsley for shooting them in the back!

Meanwhile, isn't a bit dangerous that Monica is recording footage on the operation? It might get leak if the 37th Mechanized Maintenance Battalion aren't careful!
Old 2016-02-08, 06:28   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not airing live
Old 2016-02-08, 11:49   Link #27
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is Monica's show made by the Legit Kingdom? I honestly think that such a broadcast is risky because anyone can simply tap into the live feed (given the level of tech in the setting) and their plans are compromised before the 37th CMB could even hijack anything.

By the way, I really hope that the guy with the shades isn't a spy too.
It's not live. They even said that the tapes would be checked and okayed before it's aired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, they're hinting pretty strongly that Monica is the noble girl that Qwenthur was talking about. The timing of Qwenthur saying he thinks she became an idol somewhere and the scene changing to Monica right then, and if you look at the memory shot we see of the girl and her family the girl has the same hair color, same long twintail hair, and even the same hair ribbons as Monica. I'm definitely putting my bet on her being the noble girl.
I feel like they're hinting it TOO strongly. Like it's a red herring. As such, I'm leaning towards Charlotte Zoom as being the noble daughter. The "troubles of a commoner" she spoke of, listening in on Qwenthur's conversation when she had no real need to (and up until then, seemed to not care about anything besides supervising the operation), and getting super chummy with him after hearing said story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i want to bet in the next episode he'll pull a Rambo to save Qwenthur & Charlotte despite his injuries.
Charlotte is injured, because we saw blood. We saw no such blood when Qwenthur was shot. Something in his bag likely stopped the bullets and he only got the force of impact.
Old 2016-02-08, 21:54   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I feel like they're hinting it TOO strongly. Like it's a red herring. As such, I'm leaning towards Charlotte Zoom as being the noble daughter. The "troubles of a commoner" she spoke of, listening in on Qwenthur's conversation when she had no real need to (and up until then, seemed to not care about anything besides supervising the operation), and getting super chummy with him after hearing said story.
Except Monica even looks like her too, down to the hair braids. Normally I'd be thinking the same as you, but......
Old 2016-02-09, 02:09   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the most important reason why it can't be Charlotte is because she's not an idol...

...I mean, as far as we know It would hardly fit her character.
Old 2016-02-09, 16:12   Link #30
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
How can she stand to wear that outfit outdoors in freaking Alaska? I'll admit I don't see that much snow on the ground, but it's not like its freaking summer.
Old 2016-02-10, 01:47   Link #31
Yan3242

Yeah 1st thing i notice too, does she get cold? if they are not moving location from previous episode, doesnt that mean they are still in alaska? Or is it artic?

Not sure about reporter girl being qwenty childhood friend, the glasses girl seems more into it judging by her attidute, you just dont joke around with pistol then give a guy a smile and wink to him just like that

Typical childhood friend in anime is always giving a false sense of lead but the actuall childhood friend usually the one who close to the mc
Old 2016-02-10, 03:10   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Yeah 1st thing i notice too, does she get cold? if they are not moving location from previous episode, doesnt that mean they are still in alaska? Or is it artic?
It's still arctic, and is slightly worse than Alaska.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamchatka_Peninsula
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2016-02-10, 04:52   Link #33
Yan3242

And here i cant even stand 10 degrees
Closed Thread