AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-25, 14:22   Link #81
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's been a squire for like two minutes. You can't say it's a throwaway scene. They're very likely to bring her back in once Sorey is done in Rolance, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have her purifying hellions or getting seraphim set up as guardians while Sorey is gone.
Hopefully you're right. It's just that, by (apparently) removing the downside to having a squire, why isn't Sorey just going around making those contracts instead of doing the job himself? It could be an interesting story but that's not what we have here. It was supposed to show how not everyone is fit to do so and how the Sheppard can put undue burden on himself. It was meant to show yet another way in wish the road the Sheppard must take is a kind of lonely one.

At least that's my take on it. Maybe I'm wrong (as I'm prone to be most of the times ).
Old 2016-09-25, 14:35   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hopefully you're right. It's just that, by (apparently) removing the downside to having a squire
Considering how underdeveloped the concept of such downside was in the game, I think it was just some bullshit Baba came up with to justify giving Alisha the boot.

And I agree with GDB. If they're making Alisha a squire now then she most likely will show up again later on.

Also, in the anime the "being a Shepherd is lonely" thing refers to how he has to absorbs the malevolence when he purifies humans turned into hellions. That's the downside to being a Shepherd in the anime, and it makes a lot more sense than the squire bullcrap from the game.
Old 2016-09-25, 14:41   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Considering how underdeveloped the concept of such downside was in the game, I think it was just some bullshit Baba came up with to justify giving Alisha the boot.
This. So this.

After all the time and focus they've spent on Alisha (she's been shining in this series), they're certainly not going to just write her off. She'll be back. I wouldn't be surprised if the series actually did a switching viewpoints setup between her and Sorey next season, nor if she went with the party again after the war ends to fight against Heldalpher alongside them in the final dungeon.
Old 2016-09-25, 15:00   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

In the game, staying behind meant her squire contract went dormant. No more burden on Sorey, and no more powers for Alisha. I don't think it's true in the anime (or what would be the point of making the contract at all?), so maybe we will get squire-related plot lines.
Old 2016-09-25, 15:08   Link #85
Blueknight78

hey guys i have 2 questions regard the end:
first what is that "squire" thing, how it's exactly work?? now alishia also have sorey powers aswell??, how exactly it work

and second how the ninja girl managed to hear the hat seraphim when she was running to save the princess???, the normal humans where not supposed to not see and neither hear then???, how the girl was able to hear him and even know about his presence?? they have some sort of connection or she haven some "special power"???
Old 2016-09-25, 15:15   Link #86
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
hey guys i have 2 questions regard the end:
first what is that "squire" thing, how it's exactly work?? now alishia also have sorey powers aswell??
Being a squire gives her the ability to see the Seraph, but whether she'll have the powers is up in the air since she's leaving. We'll have to wait and see what the anime does with that.

Quote:
and second how the ninja girl managed to hear the hat seraphim when she was running to save the princess???
Because she has some affinity to the Seraphs. Alisha had a bit of it herself, that's why she could hear the Seraph just by touching Sorey. Rose has more of it, so she can hear them on her own, without Sorey.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-09-25 at 15:25.
Old 2016-09-25, 15:21   Link #87
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Exactly =01. It never made sense that, in the game, Sorey gets the power of the four temples, enough power to withstand Heldalf's powerful domain, but it STILL isn't enough power to support one Squire with at least a bit of resonance with the seraphs w/o suffering from any kind of physical deficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Addressing a subject from the anime thread, I expected them to remove the part about Sorey losing his resonance powers a while ago, because of time constraints. They spent half the show's length on the first 10-12 hours of the game's material. (Even if you took out the Berseria promo episodes, they still would have ended the first cour here) That leaves a lot of ground to cover on the main plot in these next 12 episodes. Losing his resonance temporarily caused Sorey's party to seek out the four temples to bolster his power, which, from a plot point of view, was pointless and didn't add anything. Basically it was all to add material and hours to the game.
Conversely, they simply don't have time to pack visiting the four temples and tackling the main plot in just 12 more episodes, lest you want Symphonia anime time-crunching. So by removing Sorey losing his resonance, they make him strong enough so that he doesn't need to visit the temples. The few bits of plot that happened during those dungeons can just be transplanted elsewhere in the story.

So thats what I think they're doing with the story.
I'm not so sure about that. They could, as you said, use a similar tactic that the Symphonia anime did, and constrain the temples into one or two episodes. I wouldn't be opposed to that. I don't expect them to skip it either, since, as things stand, Sorey doesn't stand a chance by simply naturally progressing his powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In the game, staying behind meant her squire contract went dormant. No more burden on Sorey, and no more powers for Alisha. I don't think it's true in the anime (or what would be the point of making the contract at all?), so maybe we will get squire-related plot lines.
I don't believe that to be true. There was no mention of dormancy if they were simply separated; he literally had to break the pact in order to prevent the burden. Later on after you come back to Hyland, and visit Alisha at her home(a mini-boss battle occurs) Sorey asks Lailah to redo the pact. You get no such scene after returning to Rose.

Old 2016-09-25, 16:16   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought it was more reactivating the pact than remaking it from scratch.
Old 2016-09-25, 18:13   Link #89
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought it was more reactivating the pact than remaking it from scratch.
Hmm... you're right. I'm still thinking it's like canceling the pact in its entirety. It's kinda hard to know which context it means =01.

Old 2016-09-25, 19:58   Link #90
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

You know, the whole thing about Dezel telling Rose to go to the Shepherd was unneeded.

Why?

Because Dezel could have healed Alisha himself ^_^
Old 2016-09-25, 19:59   Link #91
GDB

Since when did he have healing powers?
Old 2016-09-26, 01:31   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He's good at making snacks.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:47   Link #93
shadow1296

yeah I don't think dezel had any healing magic outside of the armitization transformation with sorey and each trasformation had one, though i could be wrong it has been a while
Old 2016-09-26, 02:35   Link #94
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Since when did he have healing powers?
IIRC he had quickness and concentration, like zaveid. Actually all the seraphs have healing artes, in the game, but that is just the game
Old 2017-01-08, 13:29   Link #95
Jaden

From the start of the second season, it looks like a major departure from the game script. I like how they put Rose in the driver seat for a while. She's pretty busy, running a merchant empire, an assassin's guild, and now being a squire. In the game that didn't really sink in, because she was just a party member the whole time.

Also, Velvet in the new OP means there will probably be more Berseria content wedged in at some point.
Old 2017-01-09, 02:00   Link #96
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yes, YES!!!! More animated Velvet! And considering the game was released long ago, I doubt they'll be simply animating more Berseria material. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing Velvet herself somehow appearing with the Zesteria cast. Her appearance in the OP indicates she'll be doing more than just appearing in flashbacks from those Memories of the Earth orbs.
Old 2017-01-14, 22:03   Link #97
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How long do you reckon until we actually see Rose do armatization and stuff too? I don't actually remember at what part of game that happened, and what was the "plot" exactly behind that (as in, why can she even do it?).

Also with the pace we're going I really can't see this anime finishing itself at 24 episodes. If they don't finish I hope they actually continue it and not fall to the typical trend where "Hey lets adapt X or Y but never finish it because <insert reason here>"
Old 2017-01-14, 23:51   Link #98
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How long do you reckon until we actually see Rose do armatization and stuff too? I don't actually remember at what part of game that happened, and what was the "plot" exactly behind that (as in, why can she even do it?).

Also with the pace we're going I really can't see this anime finishing itself at 24 episodes. If they don't finish I hope they actually continue it and not fall to the typical trend where "Hey lets adapt X or Y but never finish it because <insert reason here>"
They can totally skip those trials, as Sorey is pretty much doing what they did during those trials anyway. Well, they are most likely going to "merge" them with other things (we might get a single big trial instead of 4). Their Mystic Artes are already unlocked too!

As for Rose, we shall see. I'll give it 2-3 episodes. Next one focuses on Dezel, so we should be getting there.
Old 2017-01-15, 04:08   Link #99
RDNexus

With the way the Game has been adapted so far, I think it's best to not use it anymore as basis for what may be coming up.
Some of the most relevant events may be adapted but, possibly, in a slightly different way to make the overall Anime plot way better than the Game's.
Old 2017-01-15, 05:43   Link #100
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
True .. I guess we'll see. I never finished Zestiria though so I don't in fact really know what's supposed to happen .. The water trial was probably the last thing I did. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Rose's armatization .. they better not cut that out