AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-09, 18:14   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This time around, Jam project's song sounds a lot more like one of their Garo OP, which is amusing given the name of the antagonist this season.

It was a good premiere. Animation wasn't as good as the first season but it wasn't the disaster some expected. It's a bit too soon to be relieved though, it's possible they blew their load on the first episode.
Old 2019-04-09, 18:24   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Not an expert in animation but I think it was quite good. Also, nice to see Genos not taking that much damage from the fight.

Am I the only one who thinks the old dude appearing in the end looks like Heihachi Mishima from Tekken?
Old 2019-04-09, 18:29   Link #23
bakato

Aside from the animation downgrade, I feel the new director's inadequacy from his choice of opening. The story blatantly continues with no recap of any sort.
Old 2019-04-09, 18:33   Link #24
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There was a recap episode last weekend but it was an actress talking about the story and characters.
Old 2019-04-09, 19:54   Link #25
James Rye

That was a good first episode. I was worried about the studio change but this episode had a whole lot of everything in it. I wish King's machine had been a little bit louder or "wilder" but it was still good to hear his insanely loud heartbeat because he is so cowardly. XD
Old 2019-04-09, 20:39   Link #26
Wandering Soul

That was a good start to this season. The animation is a downgrade from season 1, but it's not that bad.

Well, it looks like a few parties have their eyes on Saitama and are looking to confront him, but on the bright side, he has a new friend to play video games with.
Old 2019-04-09, 21:10   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Its back Saitama in his oppai shit and chrome plated Genos
Old 2019-04-09, 21:13   Link #28
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

IMO the studio change and the animation downgrade doesn't matter that much, the story can carry both on its back
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 23:30   Link #29
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Aside from the animation downgrade, I feel the new director's inadequacy from his choice of opening. The story blatantly continues with no recap of any sort.
To judge him on the fact he didn't recap the story is rather dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
IMO the studio change and the animation downgrade doesn't matter that much, the story can carry both on its back
Yes and no. If we're being honest OPM is heavily hit or miss and the animation does help when they do it right. Most of the time it won't matter because it's very bland but it remains to be seen if they can do it right

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 02:58   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

While it is not a bad start (same old stuff, same good stuff?), the unfortunate thing is that the whole fiasco involving the producer, Hosoya, is actually more interesting.
To think the producer would use a secondary account to bash and make threats to people. *shrug*
I wonder if anything would happen to the anime if he disappears under "mysterious" circumstances.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 09:33   Link #31
zztop

Random fact - OPM’s artist planned to do a manga version of Back to the Future (the movie with Michael J Fox & Christopher Lloyd) but had to cancel it since he and his editors couldn’t resolve “rights issues” related to the property.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...celled/.136854

Some suspect the “rights issues” were related to depicting the DeLorean time machine car and (likely) inflated demands from the current IP rights holder of the DeLorean brand.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 09:55   Link #32
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Fubuki best girl
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 10:05   Link #33
SidVicious
Anime addict

After all the drama I was expecting something waaaaaaaaaay worse than this.
Old 2019-04-10, 11:21   Link #34
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Yes and no. If we're being honest OPM is heavily hit or miss and the animation does help when they do it right. Most of the time it won't matter because it's very bland but it remains to be seen if they can do it right
This is already the second season, if somebody didn't like the story from s1 then they wouldn't watch this anyway.

Unless of course someone watched s1 just for the action and the animation, then I don't think it should bother them since s2's animation so far isn't as bad as what people thought, that's what I think anyway.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 12:23   Link #35
HandofFate

the humor hits fine, but the action animation downgrade is apprentent.

especially with Genos fighting this episode, S1, whenever he fought, it was full of crisp animation you could actually follow.
Here its just really bad cuts with full screen explosion cuts and sloppy movement. Like what was that air roll
Old 2019-04-11, 09:46   Link #36
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
This is already the second season, if somebody didn't like the story from s1 then they wouldn't watch this anyway.

Unless of course someone watched s1 just for the action and the animation, then I don't think it should bother them since s2's animation so far isn't as bad as what people thought, that's what I think anyway.
What i said was that it's very hit or miss. There are some GREAT moments but there's also a lot of bad and that was true during season 1. The problem is i think season 2 will have more bad then good

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-11, 17:39   Link #37
coded321
He Who Games

what i'm afraid of is that they saved the best animation they could do for the first episode, and then the animation completely degrades as the season goes on. i mean really, out of all the studios, why j.c staff? isn't j.c staff working on dozen different projects right now?

Last edited by coded321; 2019-04-11 at 22:30.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-11, 18:42   Link #38
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
While it is not a bad start (same old stuff, same good stuff?), the unfortunate thing is that the whole fiasco involving the producer, Hosoya, is actually more interesting.
To think the producer would use a secondary account to bash and make threats to people. *shrug*
I wonder if anything would happen to the anime if he disappears under "mysterious" circumstances.
Damn... By any chance, do you remember a source that explains this?
Old 2019-04-11, 21:34   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Damn... By any chance, do you remember a source that explains this?
I'd say start with this article, though in the General Thread, I did make a couple of quick summaries.
Frankly, the more the 2ch/5ch detectives dug, the farther and darker it gets and is getting, so if I was to personally translate all of the proof that has come out, I might as well right a college essay.
https://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%81%91...BA%8B%E4%BB%B6
I just hope some people can get arrested (or at least fired) from this scandal and maybe the anime industry can be slightly purified.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-12, 21:15   Link #40
Applehell

Ooof, this such a sharp downgrade in production in virtually every aspect. Sure it might not bother some people but it is impossible to understate it.

That said the actions is still decent enough and if can at least maintain this level of quality throughout it will be alright.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, super hero