AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-06-27, 15:30   Link #61
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Let me ask an interesting question. Saji's powers are based mostly around umbrakinesis right ? Couldn't he in theory "catch" a dragon shot and shoot it back at Issei ? And more or less move around the battlefield to anywhere that he is affecting ?
Old 2017-06-27, 15:56   Link #62
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Should be possible, yeah. But shouldn't it apply to any long-range or projectile-type move and not just Ise's Dragon Shot (for the reflecting ability)?
Old 2017-06-27, 16:00   Link #63
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too, and remember when Saji used absorption line on himself ? That could work even now so he can match Issei a little bit more. No btb needed for the lifesteal.
Old 2017-06-27, 16:23   Link #64
DragonOsman
Dragon King

True, that. But wouldn't be counterproductive to continue using Absorption Line to shorten his own lifespan? It couldn't possibly be worth to die sooner, and the fact that you're doing it to yourself on purpose just makes it weirder and possibly even stupid IMO.

And again, there's no Breakdown the Beast for Vritra as far as we know. So stop saying it as if it were a possibility.
Old 2017-06-27, 16:53   Link #65
Hakai

Hmmh. Maybe he'll try absorbing power from his teammates this time to power up. Sona should have a good amount of demonic power. If she can give Saji enough of that he might even be able to fight Ise head-on.
Old 2017-06-27, 16:58   Link #66
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The main focus was on the lifesteal because Vritra is so unique that his SG doesn't have need for a Breakdown the beast. But the main thing i'm wondering about is how is Saji going to bridge the 20 grand canyon wide gap between him and Issei, he has Diabolos Dragon for gods sake that's WAY to much for Saji to handle even if he did sacrafice some of his lifespan. Techiniques might slow down Issei but he has proved time and time again that technique types will just get crushed by his insane level of sheer brute force. This match will be a loss for the Sitri team unless delete field works the way i'm thinking and even that could be overloaded.

Atleast on the plus side Saji's going to get a new technique or two and possibly get a new title
Old 2017-06-27, 17:03   Link #67
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, a new technique or two (maybe more) and a new title would be good for Saji right about now, though it does feel kind of bad to have it be in a side-story Volume rather than in one of the main story Volumes.

The fight between Ise and Saji is basically a fight between Ddraig and Vritra and their respective hosts. Ddraig said that even though Vritra was a really troublesome opponent due to his versatility, he could still win against him (IIRC). So that means that between Ddraig and Vritra, at least, Ddraig would always win, albeit with some difficulty because of Vritra's versatility.
Old 2017-06-27, 17:13   Link #68
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Hey what if Saji can use demonic powers (The offensive kind) along with Vritra's powers ? That would bridge the gap just a little more and would keep in line with the technique type theme. How about that ? And maybe Rugal has taught him some magic too it's possible.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
Sona should have a good amount of demonic power. If she can give Saji enough of that he might even be able to fight Ise head-on.
The only reason i see Sona giving Saji HER demonic energy is so that SHE can win the match. I'll be honest here Sona is one of my favorites but her attitude isn't very nice most of the time. And i personally don't want her to give Saji anykind of boost or help because up to this point she hasn't even gave Saji a "Thank you" for what he did in volume 5 and 17 for her(Unless i'm wrong then correct me) Saji nearly gave his life for her twice so i'm against her helping Saji on principle because she hasn't done anything for him the first two times.

Hate to be so salty but i feel i'm right.

Last edited by Sparda4; 2017-06-27 at 18:19. Reason: Added a LOT of stuff
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 17:22   Link #69
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's true. It should work. But remember that it's not easy to increase Demonic Power. It takes a lot of time. Saji and Ise are kind of stuck with low Demonic Power, though Ise's might be a bit higher and he can also use Boost. But they're both Pawns and can of course raise it in Bishop mode, too (among other ways).

But Saji's biggest hope would be either Absorption Line to suck Ise's blood or power and/or Delete Field. The latter can be overloaded if Ise feeds it too much power, probably, and the former can be beaten easily too. Just don't get caught. Should be easier for Ise now. He'll just be in trouble if Saji's teammates interfere (though in that case, Ise's could do the same).
Old 2017-06-27, 17:53   Link #70
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, a new technique or two (maybe more) and a new title would be good for Saji right about now, though it does feel kind of bad to have it be in a side-story Volume rather than in one of the main story Volumes.

The fight between Ise and Saji is basically a fight between Ddraig and Vritra and their respective hosts. Ddraig said that even though Vritra was a really troublesome opponent due to his versatility, he could still win against him (IIRC). So that means that between Ddraig and Vritra, at least, Ddraig would always win, albeit with some difficulty because of Vritra's versatility.
Ddraig is a Heavenly Dragon. Vritra is a Dragon King. Which one do you think is stronger? The Dragon Kings as we've seen are equal in power to Ultimate-class devils and Satans. With Tannin being an Ultimate-class devil, yet being Satan-class in raw power. Or Tiamat being Satan-class. They could all be Satan-class. And Ddraig is top-tier god class. There's a difference. Doesn't mean they weren't formidable opponents. Remember that with Vritra's black flames, Saji was able to restrain Loki and Fenrir's sons and was sapping their power. And when Saji achieved Balance Breaker, his black flames were on par with the flames of Incinerate Anthem. No offense, but Saji is not one you can look down on or let down your guard against. He is a very good technique-type due to the nature of his abilities where he can even catch the strongest opponents unawares. Saji isn't one that Issei could beat while getting off scot-free. Saji is constantly training as well and he did go up against a Satan-class opponent. I'm just pissed that Ishibumi has passed over the other two Vritra Sacred Gears that Saji has.

And the reason there wouldn't be a Breakdown the Beast is because there are many Vritra Sacred Gears. Portions of his soul were sealed into those Sacred Gear instead of his whole soul itself like Ddraig and Albion. So Breakdown the Beast would kind of be impossible. Sure his consciousness was awakened after Saji's battle with Issei but still Vritra's soul is still spread out. If it makes you better, consider [Vritra Promotion] as Saji's version of BtB.

But Issei can't just easily shake off techniques like Saji's. Issei is still susceptible to techniques with that being his weakness. There's nothing to feel bad about, everyone has a weakness. If you take that away, then you would just be trying to make Issei invincible. And Vritra's abilities are way too versatile for Issei to just shake off. How does Issei deal with his power being drained away? How does he deal with his ability being nullified? Sure he can just use pure power to overcome it. But this is Saji we're talking about. Why would it go so far to hype out their battle if Issei is just going to beat Saji easily. Saji isn't someone who fights with pure power like Issei. Doesn't mean he won't give Issei the fight of his life.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2017-06-27 at 18:05.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 18:04   Link #71
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The other two might be used now you never know. There is a reason for not showing them right off the bat.

Edit:A fight of his life sure Saji's going to give Issei a REAL challange but the outcome is still the same Issei's going to win. And Issei is invincible in DxD G against anybody other then a god or someon e on that level and that is in the false version of DxD G. True version let's not even talk about that because that from is on Prime Ophis level (once Issei can handle it)

Last edited by Sparda4; 2017-06-27 at 18:18.
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 18:44   Link #72
Tbolt

Saji is the door mat you wipe your feet on when you go into the house, nothing more.
Old 2017-06-27, 18:46   Link #73
Lucidrago

And you only use your final trump card only when you need it. DxD G isn't something for Issei to use so casually. Did Issei use DxD G against Barakiel? Did he use it against Dulio? Then why would he use it against Saji when Issei could simply beat him with CCQ? Why would he just use that form considering that it wouldn't even be a battle for the two just a one-sided curbstomp. And even if he did use it, what happens if Sona had a countermeasure against him using it. Him basically falling into a trap or Sona taking advantage of his heavily depleted stamina just from using the form. That form isn't something to be used so casually.

I never said that Issei wasn't going to win. Just don't act like Saji is completely worseless in front of him and can't give him a good fight. Think about how Ddraig, a Heavenly Dragon, said Vritra, a Dragon King, was very troublesome to face. And Saji has even given much stronger opponents a problem due to Vritra's abilities. You think Issei's an exception?
Old 2017-06-27, 18:54   Link #74
Tbolt

Why would Sona have a countermeasure against Ise in DxD G when other people with way more power than her couldn't do anything against him.
Old 2017-06-27, 19:39   Link #75
Lucidrago

Power is not the only way to beat power. Power can be beat by outstanding tactics and the sort. Cao Cao had a countermeasure to Juggernaut Drive. Sona isn't one to underestimate Issei's team and we know she's one of the most brilliant minds in this show. She might not have a countermeasure, but don't put it past someone of Sona's caliber.
Old 2017-06-27, 20:08   Link #76
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Yeah, I'm afraid Sona might use some dirty tactics against Ise. Not exactly dirty, but who knows. I'm thinking targeting Ravel and Asia.

While Ise may expect Sona to have some honor while fighting or something(the kind that Sairaorg has), she might actually use his weakness just like Cao Cao would. Saji loves Sona enough to ignore Vrita and Ddraig's rivalry. And that could be the deciding factor.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 23:37   Link #77
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokateki View Post
Yeah, I'm afraid Sona might use some dirty tactics against Ise. Not exactly dirty, but who knows. I'm thinking targeting Ravel and Asia.

While Ise may expect Sona to have some honor while fighting or something(the kind that Sairaorg has), she might actually use his weakness just like Cao Cao would. Saji loves Sona enough to ignore Vrita and Ddraig's rivalry. And that could be the deciding factor.
Dress Break is a dirty tactic. Palingual is a dirty tactic. Worthlessness is a dirty tactic. Hole is a dirty tactic. Divide is a dirty tactic. There are basically too many 'dirty' tactics in DxD for us to obsess over someone using them.

And what rivalry between Ddraig and Vritra? Ddraig and Albion are rivals. It would just be a match between two fellow dragons and two fellow pawns.
Old 2017-06-28, 00:03   Link #78
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Ddraig and Vritra are Rivals this generation because Saji and Issei are but only THIS generation Ddraig and Albion are permanent rivals. And yeah if Sona is in any danger that overrides everything. I'm gonna sound like a jerk but volume 17 level attack and damage again plz Saji hasn't had enough bad luck as it is.
But lets be real here the only way i see Saji beating Issei is if delete gield nullify's the boosted gear Balance breaker and up (Triaina CCQ DxD G) then Saji might win but even then delete field could be overloaded and we're back to square one.
Old 2017-06-28, 02:45   Link #79
B214

Saji will take a risk and absorb Ise's power into his body hence unlocking a new power.

Well that's just a random idea. Pay no heed to it.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 02:48   Link #80
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Ddraig and Vritra are Rivals this generation because Saji and Issei are but only THIS generation Ddraig and Albion are permanent rivals. And yeah if Sona is in any danger that overrides everything. I'm gonna sound like a jerk but volume 17 level attack and damage again plz Saji hasn't had enough bad luck as it is.
But lets be real here the only way i see Saji beating Issei is if delete gield nullify's the boosted gear Balance breaker and up (Triaina CCQ DxD G) then Saji might win but even then delete field could be overloaded and we're back to square one.
What bad luck? As it is, Saji is just average or slightly above in terms of luck. While Issei is extraordinary in the luck category. It's not like Saji has a piano falling on him every second. Saji doesn't have any bad luck. Actually we can say that Issei has more bad luck than he actually does. Saji's bad luck stems from being involved with the Gremory group. Issei gets killed by a fallen angel just for being born with an OP Sacred Gear he knew nothing about on his first date. He keeps drawing supernatural existences towards him which he has to fight most of the time. Most of his clients for his devil's job are weirdos. He couldn't catch a break with all the strong opponents showing up to fight him. Raynare gave him trauma. He got Alphonsed. He lives with beautiful girls that want to have sex with him, but when he's about to take the plunge into adulthood, he mostly gets cockblocked. He has a bunch of male 'rivals' pursuing him. Some of those things you might count as blessings. But he still had to go through those events in the first place. The only bad luck Saji has is due to Issei attracting powerful beings to him. Well and having to eat Sona's cakes.

But, putting that aside, there is no possible way that Issei can defeat Saji while getting off completely scot-free. Saji isn't really a pushover that can just be sent flying like some other opponents.