AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-31, 00:49   Link #81
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My guess with Benika would be that she's not an idiot. She'd just discovered that the hero she was working for was actually a villain bent on using any level of force necessary to force everyone to follow his rules and morals and ideals. Her opposition was apparent. You really think he'd let her go peacefully with a weapon of that level to fight him with? I'm pretty sure returning the vial was the only way she stood even a slight chance of leaving peacefully.

I too am curious about where the dragon remains came from. Far as I can gather it seems like the dragon that destroyed Sirius must have been a person who'd become filled with rage and hate and despair to the point that he had no control. Not sure what the "remains" are since if that's the whole of it there should be more remains after Harumi's transformation. Unless the transformation wasn't complete. But if the technology is the powdered remains of the Sirius dragon, what technology made IT? Even without wondering how the material got to Earth it remains a big question mark.

Well, at least it's apparent that the balance between Power and Love is quite narrow. Judging from Miu's demonstration of Love I'd say Kuroi's friends probably had a fair amount, meaning that side had not vanished even as Power brought forth its ultimate form. Similarly, Miu's action suggests that even when Power has practically taken over Love can remain and the right push can turn things around, propelling things in the right direction. So it makes sense that Sensei would have had trouble with the decision to halt all development, since Sirius seemed to have Love all the way to the point where Kuroi blacked out at the end.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 11:42   Link #82
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't really see the problem. The guy said he wants to take over the world. She doesn't want to support such a cause. So she gives her transformation thingy back.

What else would you expect her to do? Keep working for a guy whose cause she does not support?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 11:55   Link #83
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't really see the problem. The guy said he wants to take over the world. She doesn't want to support such a cause. So she gives her transformation thingy back.

What else would you expect her to do? Keep working for a guy whose cause she does not support?
The question that was asked was why, upon deciding she opposed him, she returned the vial. Plenty of stories have a person who's decided to oppose a cause run out with their secret weapon so it can be used to fight them or so they have at least one fewer weapons to use. And if she hadn't gone about things the way she did, she might have tried this, as I think some wanted her to. But she went and extracted the motive directly from the boss, meaning he knows she's aware and has a good idea of her feelings about it, so there'd be no way she could get out with it. She's smart enough not to do something that'll get her killed, though apparently not smart enough to be more subtle about things or maybe make a fake vial to trick him.
Old 2018-07-31, 12:17   Link #84
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
The question that was asked was why, upon deciding she opposed him, she returned the vial. Plenty of stories have a person who's decided to oppose a cause run out with their secret weapon so it can be used to fight them or so they have at least one fewer weapons to use. And if she hadn't gone about things the way she did, she might have tried this, as I think some wanted her to. But she went and extracted the motive directly from the boss, meaning he knows she's aware and has a good idea of her feelings about it, so there'd be no way she could get out with it. She's smart enough not to do something that'll get her killed, though apparently not smart enough to be more subtle about things or maybe make a fake vial to trick him.

And...at least her boss let her leave with her life intact after finding out the truth.
Old 2018-07-31, 16:11   Link #85
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I don't even think that much thought went into it. "I don't want to have anything to do with it, I resign."

I mean, taking the jar with her would mean she intends to fight against Paladin. She did not give me the idea that she had any intent to do so.
Old 2018-07-31, 17:57   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Unless, hypothetically, she did make a fake vial to trick him.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 17:33   Link #87
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... Am I the only one to think that fighting against them probably never even crossed her mind?
Old 2018-08-01, 21:55   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
So... Am I the only one to think that fighting against them probably never even crossed her mind?
I think she is sensible enough to realize that trying to fight the head of her organization probably won't result in close to her victory. Assuming it even came to thought.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 23:49   Link #89
orion

Quote:
Well it would have been at least 2 against one. Head guy and his dad vs her with sheep guy not getting involved.
Old 2018-08-02, 00:19   Link #90
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
The dude's already demonstrated himself to be far more powerful than the rest of them. Frankly it was gutsy of her to just leave period, but trying to personally defeat him or openly take means to fight him with her would be beyond suicidal.
Old 2018-08-02, 02:42   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah I'm just saying that she may not have even considered how strong he is. That what she did wasn't out of fear of him but simply from the feeling of "I don't want to have anything to do with this.".
Old 2018-08-03, 12:13   Link #92
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Worst main heroine yet
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 11:30   Link #93
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So the dragon guy is Clark Kent and Shiraishi was colluding with Snoopy The Dog after all.

Not sure whether there's any relevance to the story playing up Soya's wolf theme but it's there too (albeit a wolf in cats clothing).

Oh and the Nebula Sealing faction are a bunch of lobotomisers apparently.

Episode 5 was pretty much a set up episode. Next episode looks to be more interesting.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 12:05   Link #94
MCAL

Can't believe we're almost done with the summer season...

Oh wait, we still have half the show left? Well then never mind.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 12:29   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

Yeah, so much happened it felt like we're already at the show's climax

We got a lot of explanations in this episode. The Nebula weapons are a lot more dangerous than I thought. It was sad to see Nezuya like this. I hope there's a way to restore his old self.

Soya and the old man using the same words to lie was a nice touch, and confirmed the story told at the beginning of the ep was actually true. The old man seems human unlike his son, but it looks like he's got a few things in common with Soya (speech pattern, love for meat).

Shiraishi being a spy was obvious, and I like that Takashi had figured it out since the beginning. He was just waiting for her to make her move.

Next episode will definitely be a game changer.
Old 2018-08-05, 15:38   Link #96
4th Dimension

Maan that To be continued. I actually groaned where they put it

Yeah the "lie" bit was cool. Also I wonder if one of those shots where the Pres and MC are shown to be in two different holes (bubbles) of that playground thing.

And yeah. I have NO idea what they plan to do the next 6+ episodes if the Generalisimo is fighting the Director now.
I mean it's unlikely the Dog faction will win here, mostly because having to interact with a bunch of dead eyed humans would be boring... buuut... that could be a different show, trying to wake the flame in humanity.

But if we aren't doing that...I guess Nebula could actually get trashed here in both fights...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 17:02   Link #97
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, they've confirmed what I thought from the moment they spoke of those devices' actions as "sealing" our "evolution". No pain, no alteration of your body or your capabilities. It just floods you with your desires until you're satisfied, so that the part of you that longs to push beyond can't build enough fire to really affect a change. Still, this seems to be an imperfect device, at least on the levels we've seen. Several of the characters have gone through the core and come out fighting. And even if there's a stronger form of seal intended or extra doses to finish the job, I'm sure realistically there are kinds of ambition and drive that no amount of this sort of thing could seal. Especially since ultimately all it can do is provide illusion and advice. At the same time, I can't call the sealing device "evil". While it shouldn't be used to eliminate ambitions and desire for growth, it's clearly capable of healing wounds. Not erasing them so you forget you had them, but actually helping people to see where the pain is and the truths they need to realize in order to overcome that pain. I guess what it gets down to is that this would be great at eliminating painful, negative drives for "evolution" but shouldn't work on the more positive drives. In fact, this could even be a point: that, while it hasn't happened so far, sealed planets should actually still possess capability for the "evolution of love". Or even better, the Pacifists could claim that but it's ultimately revealed that this capability to pursue "Power" and drive in that direction is a vital key necessary to be able to achieve "Love", meaning that they in fact had prevented the people from growing in either direction.
Old 2018-08-05, 19:52   Link #98
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Maan that To be continued. I actually groaned where they put it

Yeah the "lie" bit was cool. Also I wonder if one of those shots where the Pres and MC are shown to be in two different holes (bubbles) of that playground thing.

And yeah. I have NO idea what they plan to do the next 6+ episodes if the Generalisimo is fighting the Director now.
I mean it's unlikely the Dog faction will win here, mostly because having to interact with a bunch of dead eyed humans would be boring... buuut... that could be a different show, trying to wake the flame in humanity.

But if we aren't doing that...I guess Nebula could actually get trashed here in both fights...
Dog team should win imo considering who Dog is and who is the copilot. You have 2 strong aliens using Dragon power vs alien grown up as a human using Dragon power. Then the rest of the title involves the remnants fighting the sealing faction.
Old 2018-08-05, 20:12   Link #99
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

I get what you mean. This honestly felt like it was the penultimate episode or at least close to it.

It's nice to the see that the Shiraishi's shadiness wasn't just obvious to the audience and someone in the cast actually anticipated her betrayal.
Old 2018-08-06, 11:21   Link #100
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You have 2 strong aliens using Dragon power vs alien grown up as a human using Dragon power.
Who are your two strong aliens using Dragon power. The only one that fits the description is the Director. Unless you think that Nebula is also using the same?

Quote:
Several of the characters have gone through the core and come out fighting.
Well, A they are physchers or something B) they had ways they could fight with

Without that you are just going to be exposed to it until you break.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote