AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 07:26   Link #821
potchip

Typical troll summary..So some enemies to unite the members of the club one way or another...

"Could this be the end?"

Of course not, unless it flops in sales..
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 01:14   Link #822
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Rika taking off her glasses and throwing away her lab coat could mean that we will learn more about her character and true self in the next volume.

A good turning point would be the reveal that Sena is actually blood related to Kodaka and Kobato.

This would imply the end of the story. Do you really want that?
I'd be ok with that.
It's run a nice course, while I'd be disappointed but I'd understand.

That being said, I don't predict that happening. I predict more an arc with Kodaka developing a relationship with one of the heroines, ending with them deciding it's better for the club if they don't date yet. I hope/anticipate the author not running that typical plot line but hey we'll see in 19 days, right?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:26   Link #823
Candyshark

Well as far as I understand it is so far only novel that author had success with. So I bet he will milk it hopefully not drag it.

What I personally would like to see if Kodaka can step up his game and try to find out if he interested in girls romantically spend more time with to get to know them.

New characters introduced?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 18:26   Link #824
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Well, it IS a bit brown... But iirc, in the novels, Rika's hair was black?
Well, technically it changes every day

Turning point? I can see something like Kodaka getting a confession or hooking up someone who isn't in the club, which would change their dynamics completely.
Old 2012-06-08, 21:02   Link #825
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Can someone translate the text? Google Translator does not help at all.
I second this
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 10:07   Link #826
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Warning, if it looks like a very happy Yozora , it is not Yozora.

I think that would be worse than someone who's unaware of the affections from the girls. Kodaka's trying to please everyone, but it's obvious that the girls aren't willing to share. That means I don't actually see the story ending at least in the next volume (we're still not through the cover cycles of Yukimura and the two kids).
Obvious fact is obvious .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 10:53   Link #827
mironicus

Wasn't there a spin off story/manga where Rika confesses to Kodaka and they start going out (Kodaka isn't so serious but he don't mind)?
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 14:20   Link #828
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A rough translation of that Volume 8 summary is basically as follows:

Spoiler for Volume 8 summary rough translation summary:
I think the closing comment could be interpreted in a number of different ways, and doesn't necessarily mean what it seems on the surface to mean.... but it could. It does have the makings of an ending. Then again, they could end it and launch into a "second season", or it could just be a "Can our heroes survive this perilous turn of events?! Stay tuned next week to find out!" old-cartoon style. I generally agree with potchip above that it seems more like a "troll summary", and a return to the status quo (and continuing on) is the most likely ending here.
Old 2012-06-09, 16:44   Link #829
mironicus

Thanks!

Yusa Aoi thinks that Kodaka and Sena are already a couple (and the school already might talk about it). Maybe she burst that out in front of the club members so this might give all the girls a good reason to nail Kodaka down to be sincere who he likes most.
Old 2012-06-09, 17:25   Link #830
sky black swordman

Thank you relentlessflame for that translation. It looks like or feels like the ending is near.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:01   Link #831
mironicus

Quote:
and the bonds between Kodaka and all the members continue to grow deeper.
That means more trouble for Kodaka for a decision to make.
The girls (with the exception of Yozora) starts to adapt themselves to Kodaka. So if Rika also starts to change her behaviour towards him and showing her true self because she loves him makes the door open to a possible harem ending. If the girls can tolerate each other and are able to share Kodaka ...
Old 2012-06-11, 03:25   Link #832
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
That means more trouble for Kodaka for a decision to make.
The girls (with the exception of Yozora) starts to adapt themselves to Kodaka. So if Rika also starts to change her behaviour towards him and showing her true self because she loves him makes the door open to a possible harem ending. If the girls can tolerate each other and are able to share Kodaka ...
That will made "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" title make sense, since he doesn't have many friends, but lovers.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:24   Link #833
mironicus

Of course. Kodaka is not able to make a single friend, because everyone falls for him.

The ideal definition of friendship:
"A true friend loves you unconditionally; he or she does not maliciously use, misuse, or abuse your trust to satisfy his or her selfish interests.

A true friend sticks around through good and bad times to the extent where friendship survives the test of time. You can readily trust, count, or depend upon a true friend without inquietude. By contrast, false friends expertly sweet talk their way into your life to satisfy their selfish interests because it's all about them and their needs. They are nowhere to be found when you need them the most, and they are adept at crafting excuses to make themselves appear supposedly "dependable." If you are a false friend, you can begin to make positive changes in your behavior from this second onward and progressively become a better friend to your friends."

Lazare Kokolo

If you read this and compare it to the way the Haganai characters approaches others then I can only see Kodaka fulfilling this definition perfectly (and perhaps Sena).
Old 2012-06-13, 02:23   Link #834
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
That will made "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" title make sense, since he doesn't haveI lik many friends, but lovers.
I like your way of thinking
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:47   Link #835
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

so glad to know theres more of this coming out, my favorite mangas and LN torture me with their hiatuses.
Old 2012-06-13, 20:21   Link #836
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So; currently, in a shopping center....

Quote:
Niku : "So like, do you not want a girlfriend?"

Kodaka : "Well... My goal right now is making friends, not getting a girlfriend... I doubt a boring guy without a single friend could get a girlfriend anyway."

Niku : "...I don't think it'd be that hard."
Old 2012-06-13, 20:32   Link #837
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

I'm actually a little (very little) surprised Sena hasn't asked Kodaka to be her boyfriend yet considering her personality. I also liked how Sena "indirectly" complimented Kodaka. Though Sena really needs to learn to read sarcasm.
Old 2012-06-13, 21:55   Link #838
Chia97

Is this going to end this fast!? (T-T) man i wish there's more, wanting for more
Chia97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:15   Link #839
Johnny
Working the bags...

Damn, Sena needs to get a reality check on her lusting after Kobato. I can picture her later on driving some blacked out windowed van trying to lure her in the back with hamburgers and hotdogs. I don't think the other girls needs to worry about her since she keeps creeping Kodaka out, and can only imagine Kobato's reaction if he came home with her as his g/f...

Both Yukimura and Rika looked pretty good in their outfits. I can see it being similar to the cover of vol 8...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:51   Link #840
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
I'm actually a little (very little) surprised Sena hasn't asked Kodaka to be her boyfriend yet considering her personality.
Oh, I guess she could do it without problems with her straight personality. Sena also wants Kobatos affection seriously and asks Kodaka what she might like. You can't force anyone to like you, Sena knows that already - even if she makes some creepy jokes sometimes.

Asking Kodaka directly to be her boyfriend would be unfair against Yozora if Sena takes advantage of this situation. She plays fair and square. She don't want to loose to Yozora but she is not this kind of bitch. She also might think of Yozora as her friend, so she don't want to cheat on her in this kind of way.

So Kodaka has to be the one to make a clear decision and he should be aware of his own feelings.

Based on the kind of conversation they both have, their relationship is already on a high level (true friends). They trust each other and Kodaka is also very talkative to her. I can't imagine that Kodaka might talk to Yozora in the same way because he don't trust her as much.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen