AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 01:36   Link #161
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Im putting my trust into luck.

New Rule - Im going to receive the package, however big, and just never open it. Because until I open it, I can believe that package both does and doesnt contain a bonus calendar.
Old 2008-03-27, 06:37   Link #162
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Hm... interesting. I've seen "Schrodinger's cat" mentioned in at least three anime: Kanon for sure, possibly Gilgamesh or Ergo Proxy, and I *think* Higurashi (or it may have been in one of Klashikari's analyses).

It's also mentioned in Hellsing and Yu-Gi-Oh! as mentioned here. (Haven't seen those.) A great many references to it seem to be of Japanese origin for some reason

Actually, you can tell from the size of the box: If it's two feet long, it'll have the calendar rolled up in it. If it's CD-sized, well... the cat is dead
Old 2008-03-27, 06:58   Link #163
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

As for these bonus stuff

The first time I bought from Himeya, I received an "anime girl doll" I had not ordered (I think it's made from plaster or something like that)

Maybe it's just for people buying for the first time because I never received any bonus on the subsequent orders
Old 2008-03-27, 07:14   Link #164
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I dunno... at first I thought it might have been because I bought both "School Mate" and "Artificial Girl 3" games through them @ $100 each, so I thought it was like a "thank you" for all the $$$ I've sent their way. (I've torrented enough Illusion games in the past and felt it was time to pay them for their hard work.)

But then my friend bought his 3 Higurashi CDs getting the calendar as well, and I think it was the first time he'd bought through them, so I *think* it must be if you order all three official Higurashi CDs at once. That seems to be the common denominator
Old 2008-04-03, 21:30   Link #165
Keriaku
Thought Being

I just wanted to say thank you for this continual effort of bring Higurashi goodness to us unfortunate english-only speakers. It really is amazing and I hope you get to the other arcs as well.

I've been slowly reading through the patch (been putting it off for awhile) and I thought I'd just post up what might be a spelling error in the first day:

I'm not sure if you meant 'had' or not, but wouldn't 'have' be better?

EDIT: Sorry about the page stretch >___>
Old 2008-04-03, 21:43   Link #166
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

We used "had" since Keiichi's "thoughts" are almost entirely in past tense, a bit like a daily diary, with the exception of very "present-tense" realizations, reactions and such (like "What's that noise?")

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-03, 22:22   Link #167
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There's also a reason why his thoughts are in past tense

Unlike Umineko where they're always in present tense
Old 2008-04-04, 06:25   Link #168
Keriaku
Thought Being

Okay, yeah because at first I thought it was a mistake, but then after reading it again I thought it might have been intentional.

I also love how there are little clues in this arc for the next ones, that you definitely wouldn't catch unless you replayed them (or watched the anime :P) such as "it must be scary to marry into the Sonozaki family".
Old 2008-04-04, 07:02   Link #169
Kimu

I installed both the demo and the full version to see if either would work for me, I unzipped the onscripter, and then tried to open it in the sub category, but when I open it, it closes on me right away. Do you think there is a way to solve this, or did I do something wrong?
Old 2008-04-04, 07:08   Link #170
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

How is the directory of your patch folder?
If there is several sub directory, it might be a problem for the onscripter

at worst, just copy the 2 directory line for both game main folder and the patch.

By the way, I noticed at the first day, when Keiichi explain about Rena Kai mode, there is this line:
"If a little girl were ever kidnapped here in hinamizawa, ..."
Shouldn't it be "was" instead ?

As for the little discussion about possible bonus in their order, despite I ordered all naku koro ni game (5) at once, at himeya shop, I received naught...
kinda disappointed, but the factor might be simple: out of stock? Gahhh >_> (received my order around mid march so)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-04-04 at 07:31.
Old 2008-04-04, 07:49   Link #171
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

@ Klashikari:

That's a drag; you should have received one for going above and beyond the call of duty with your excellent friendly helpful Blog. Without it I couldn't have grasped half of what was going on! Thanks belatedly for that (and the AS Higurashi forums, without which I'd have missed the other half )

I guess you did order the three 07th Expansion CDs then? Since it's so far into the new year maybe they've stopped selling the calendars; I never saw it on their calendar page though. ANOTHER Hinamizawa mystery!!!

(BTW, I'm pretty sure "were" is correct; English Major but brain slightly salty these days I've really found the Sonozaki's translation beautifully done )
Old 2008-04-04, 08:05   Link #172
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Uhu, I'm glad these rambling on the blog were useful kinda. Due of the lack of comments and so on, I was kinda "huh, maybe i'm writing these for myself ". Ah well, I hope i can keep that kind of thing with season 3 XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
I guess you did order the three 07th Expansion CDs then? Since it's so far into the new year maybe they've stopped selling the calendars; I never saw it on their calendar page though. ANOTHER Hinamizawa mystery!!!
well, the FIVE of them (the three higu and the 2 umi).
And yes, I never saw this calendar in their page, so I was really surprised by it. It woudn't be far fetched to think that surprise was quite limited both in time and stock.

As for "were" and "was", i can't say I can affirm that since i'm not an english native, but since the sentence seems to be simple past in singular, it looks like "was" should be used here, but I guess I missed a point XD
Old 2008-04-04, 09:12   Link #173
Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As for "were" and "was", i can't say I can affirm that since i'm not an english native, but since the sentence seems to be simple past in singular, it looks like "was" should be used here, but I guess I missed a point XD
It's actually an odd case where both "were" and "was" would be technically correct, so your English is fine. ^^
Old 2008-04-04, 10:23   Link #174
Keriaku
Thought Being

Okay wait, what're the three Higurashi CDs? I have Himatsubushi-hen and Matsurybayashi-hen. (I know I spelled those worng :P) What else is there?

And Klashikari, I didn't comment but I found your ramblings extremely useful as well! There wasn't much to comment on since you did such as great job, and no one wanted to be spoiled XD
Old 2008-04-04, 10:27   Link #175
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Okay wait, what're the three Higurashi CDs? I have Himatsubushi-hen and Matsurybayashi-hen. (I know I spelled those worng :P) What else is there?
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei (Gratitude)
This is somewhat the fandisk release the very next comicket after Matsuribayashi-hen. This has 2 spin off arcs and Saikoroshi-hen, the later being the "epilogue" of the series.
You can find this at Himeyashop [link]
It is unavailable on paletweb for ages, and it seems they don't even bother to restock these.

EDIT: how surprising, they finally got Rei available on paletweb: [link]
Ironically, they still didn't relink himatsubushi in their search tools, so one might think they don't have it anymore...
Meanwhile, Matsuribayashi is out of stock, just like Daybreak and Daybreak kai huh...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-04-04 at 10:44.
Old 2008-04-04, 14:26   Link #176
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei (Gratitude)
This is somewhat the fandisk release the very next comicket after Matsuribayashi-hen. This has 2 spin off arcs and Saikoroshi-hen, the later being the "epilogue" of the series.
You can find this at Himeyashop [link]
It is unavailable on paletweb for ages, and it seems they don't even bother to restock these.

EDIT: how surprising, they finally got Rei available on paletweb: [link]
Ironically, they still didn't relink himatsubushi in their search tools, so one might think they don't have it anymore...
Meanwhile, Matsuribayashi is out of stock, just like Daybreak and Daybreak kai huh...
paletweb seems to only restock things if you request them to. So I wouldn't be surprised if they never restock them.
Old 2008-04-04, 16:49   Link #177
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
By the way, I noticed at the first day, when Keiichi explain about Rena Kai mode, there is this line:
"If a little girl were ever kidnapped here in hinamizawa, ..."
Shouldn't it be "was" instead ?
It's subjunctive tense, for a hypothetical statement, same as the song title "If I Were a Rich Man".

Keiichi doesn't yet know how very non-hypothetical it could be

For what it's worth, many people use 'was' in this type of situation, but 'were' is grammatically correct.

Shion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2008-04-04 at 23:14.
Old 2008-04-04, 16:49   Link #178
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Uhu, I'm glad these rambling on the blog were useful kinda. Due of the lack of comments and so on, I was kinda "huh, maybe i'm writing these for myself ". Ah well, I hope i can keep that kind of thing with season 3 XD
I know what you mean by lack of comments from my own (only-partially-anime)blog (though to be honest I haven't worked hard at spreading the word ). I rarely comment anywhere; I like to stay in the shadows

But really, yours was SUCH a great help... I mean, all that work and thought you put into your analyses, the careful screening of spoilers (MUST have been a pain in the ass), and extreme attention to detail... Without sounding too fanboi-ish, your Higurashi blogness for both seasons was like a companion to me during those lonely days of desperately trying to assemble the pieces when my head was in constant turmoil and confusion

Of course, looking forward to Season 3 and your summaries, synopses and interpretations
Old 2008-04-05, 04:35   Link #179
Keriaku
Thought Being

Okay, wow. I'm just starting the 4th Day (Day 9?) and I have to say, this sound novel has completely blown me away. Based on what I have already seen (The various clubs activities, all the different character's personalities, their interaction etc.) and by thinking about some of the very emotional events that I know about from watching the anime, I can now understand why the sound novels actually are 100000x better then the anime. There have already been times this game has actually made me smile and/or laugh out loud, when I'm just sitting here on my own.

That being said, I'm very, very excited for more chapters to be released. I almost don't want to finish reading what is already translated, because I know the wait will be unbearable. So Sonozaki, I would would love it if there was anything I could do to help you with this translation and/or patch to speed up the process (though I know no Japanese at all). Just let me know, okay? ^^
Old 2008-04-05, 14:11   Link #180
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Yes youre right I also think the Audio novels are better than the anime, but youre wrong the novels arent 100000x better than the anime, the novels are 100001x better .

Just joking a little, I also am hoping for the next day of the onikakushi, I think Sonozaki Futagotachi had made a really good job with this, and Im hoping for them to continue with the translation untill the very end

Last edited by IvUaN; 2008-04-05 at 20:09.
Closed Thread