AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 16:51   Link #401
GDB

Two, actually.

And you know... I think the Raditz fight is my favorite fight in the entire series. The only two fights where teamwork overcomes raw strength are the Raditz battle and Vegeta battle. But the Vegeta battle feels tainted by the Oozaru-ing, Kaio Kens, and Spirit Bomb / Genki Dama.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:10   Link #402
Vicious108

The next episodes will surely give people a clear idea of just how much filler the original anime had. Princess Snake, most of Gohan's training, Goku falling of the road into hell, Krilin and the others fighting Saiyans from the past, and perhaps even Gregory, all of it will be gone. We should be seeing Nappa and Vegeta pretty soon.

Which is great. Though I'll be damned if I won't miss the episode with Gohan and the orphans. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jealousy View Post
i haven't watched kai, is it really good? is it really different from Z ?
i mean the quality. please, someone who already watched it, tell me please...
It's been recolored and put in High Definition and Widescreen, but don't expect any new impressive animation, save for the Opening.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:59   Link #403
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
It's been recolored and put in High Definition and Widescreen, but don't expect any new impressive animation, save for the Opening.
/Ending

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 19:56   Link #404
Goblinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I will never treat DBGT as a canon after DBZ...even tho that animation company thinks it is XD

For me the whole Dragon Ball ends as the Buu saga is over
For me, dragonball z ends after the frieza saga. that would be have been the perfect ending.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 20:22   Link #405
Vicious108

It certainly had the most fitting ending for the series (Toryama himself WANTED it to end there) but if it had we'd have missed out on a lot of awesome moments, such as Gohan going SSJ2 against Cell, etc.
Old 2009-04-26, 21:01   Link #406
DeX-kun

Quote:
It certainly had the most fitting ending for the series (Toryama himself WANTED it to end there) but if it had we'd have missed out on a lot of awesome moments, such as Gohan going SSJ2 against Cell, etc.
I can't agree more with that statement. The emotions shown by Gohan in that scene was just amazing and his slow stalking of Cell just made it feel all that more epic. To be honest, I think that the Buu saga is where it started falling off for me and Goku's transformation to SS3 wasn't as epic as his first Super Saiyan transformation, I would have liked it to be more epic.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-26, 21:34   Link #407
Kirarakim

Honestly I like and dislike things about every arc so I am happy it went to Buu.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:39   Link #408
RDF2050
Superidol

WOW they finished this saga with just 4 episode XD. Looking forward to the editing for the following epidoses.

PD= Why this company don't really take time to put in HD!!!!!

If they do it just imagine the fighting
Old 2009-04-27, 02:47   Link #409
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Honestly I like and dislike things about every arc so I am happy it went to Buu.
Same here. I thought Buu was a terrible villain, but I'll be damned if the arc itself didn't have its great moments, such as all the Majin Vegeta stuff.
Old 2009-04-27, 05:42   Link #410
Meloria

After four episodes, I have to say it's fun to be watching DBZ all over again, it's been a long time. Pacing is really nice at the moment and the voices were easy to get used to, pretty much from the beginning, especially Goku's.

Hoping they'll continue this past the Frieza Arc, since I missed a lot of stuff during and after the Cell Arc.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 05:53   Link #411
Alchemist007
*Author

I like how it goes from "what power?" to *thrown at cliff*
Old 2009-04-27, 11:54   Link #412
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I like how it goes from "what power?" to *thrown at cliff*
And thus the beginning of a beautiful friendship . Nothing like throwing people at mountains and threatening to snap their necks to make a nice bond. Still think chucking Gohan at the enemies might be a viable tactic .
Old 2009-04-27, 12:29   Link #413
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And thus the beginning of a beautiful friendship . Nothing like throwing people at mountains and threatening to snap their necks to make a nice bond. Still think chucking Gohan at the enemies might be a viable tactic .
Although that's pretty barbaric , it's still a good idea considering how much of a boost in power Gohan gets.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-27, 13:00   Link #414
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Same here. I thought Buu was a terrible villain,
I loved Buu, especially his first form. I just love how his character design is nothing we ever expected to see after how much he was built up to be the strongest being in the series at that time.

Do wonder how many episodes it's going to take Goku to reach the end of snake way. I'm guessing episode 6.
Old 2009-04-27, 14:35   Link #415
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
How many chapters did they cover in the fourth episode?
Episode 4 covered 2 chapters. What kind of irritated me was that they still kept in quite a bit of filler in this episode. Honestly, who cares about seeing ChiChi at home worrying sick about Goku and Gohan and wondering why they're not back yet? Then we get more time wasted by having Krillin show up at the door trying to explain the situation only to be invited to dinner by Ox King. A good few minutes was spent on this crappy material that could have been used to possibly cover a third chapter. The fact that Toei is selectively keeping in some filler while omitting scenes from the manga is starting to get ridiculous.
Old 2009-04-27, 14:41   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I guess it's to safe people asking "i wonder what Chichi would do if she found out her husband's dead and son has been taken away by his nemesis, even though she didn't find out.

I agree it should have been missed out though. I hope pointless filler like that doesn't keep on appearing in future episodes.
Old 2009-04-27, 16:51   Link #417
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Episode 4 covered 2 chapters. What kind of irritated me was that they still kept in quite a bit of filler in this episode. Honestly, who cares about seeing ChiChi at home worrying sick about Goku and Gohan and wondering why they're not back yet? Then we get more time wasted by having Krillin show up at the door trying to explain the situation only to be invited to dinner by Ox King. A good few minutes was spent on this crappy material that could have been used to possibly cover a third chapter. The fact that Toei is selectively keeping in some filler while omitting scenes from the manga is starting to get ridiculous.
If Toei gets a say, how is it Toriyama's version at all? Might as well not put that in the title anymore.
Old 2009-04-27, 17:09   Link #418
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Aw, c'mon, it wasn't so bad was it? I got a kick out of watching Gohan and Piccolo exchange "pleasantries". Krillin is so pathetic that it's hard for me not to laugh as he tries explaining things to Chi Chi, who could very well tear his spine out on a whim. And Goku starting his Snake Way trek felt properly-paced...he didn't spend forever in the office, but still got enough laughs in before taking off.

All in all, it was a good episode despite the lack of action. I'm still digging the pacing so far. It wouldn't feel right if they only jumped from fight to fight...the intermediary decompression segments are totally necessary IMO. It adds personality.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 18:20   Link #419
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Aw, c'mon, it wasn't so bad was it? I got a kick out of watching Gohan and Piccolo exchange "pleasantries". Krillin is so pathetic that it's hard for me not to laugh as he tries explaining things to Chi Chi, who could very well tear his spine out on a whim. And Goku starting his Snake Way trek felt properly-paced...he didn't spend forever in the office, but still got enough laughs in before taking off.

All in all, it was a good episode despite the lack of action. I'm still digging the pacing so far. It wouldn't feel right if they only jumped from fight to fight...the intermediary decompression segments are totally necessary IMO. It adds personality.
Only the stuff I mentioned in my previous post was filler material, which took up a fairly good portion of time. Besides that, it was a good informative episode with good pacing. I just don't like how Toei is omitting canon material in favor of retaining unnecessary filler. That is just wrong. This project is supposed to be a "Toriyama's cut" version in an attempt to follow the manga as closely as possible. Toei has not been completely faithful in adhering to this intent/purpose.
Old 2009-04-27, 19:55   Link #420
GDB

Well, they didn't animate how Chichi found out in the manga, did they? It was always Krillin at their house telling them, wasn't it? So they aren't really going to make new footage just to have Chichi arrive at Kamehouse and learn it that way.

Remember, it's the "Director's Cut", not the "Manga, Panel for Panel".
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote