AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 02:40   Link #1201
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

We seems to forget that Aladdin have more mission then just dungeon and the kings. He also has the mission to avert the same world ending disaster that'll be caused by the magicians.

The situation can very much spiral out of control if Aladdin don't do something now, especially when this war carry the same potential to cause the same disaster in the past.

If Alddian don't do anything here, he is betraying his own mission.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 03:48   Link #1202
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think Aladdin recognizes this war as a junction point in history. He can see that if he lets this escalate any further then people are going to die. Each side will pull out bigger and bigger guns. Until the final point where Magnoshutat will probably unleash a doomsday weapon bigger than that nuke cannon they had just shot twice at Reim. At that point there won't be anything left to save. Aladdin can literally feel this that's why he senses the need to act. If only to buy himself more time.

Least that's how I see it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 13:49   Link #1203
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think Aladdin recognizes this war as a junction point in history. He can see that if he lets this escalate any further then people are going to die. Each side will pull out bigger and bigger guns.
But that's pretty much was Aladdin himself is doing. Unless he comes out with something different next chapter I don't see how he's any different from Mogamette. I mean, his intentions are obviously more noble than his, but if the result in the same, intentions alone don't amount to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Least that's how I see it.
Yep, let's wait and see.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:29   Link #1204
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
We seems to forget that Aladdin have more mission then just dungeon and the kings. He also has the mission to avert the same world ending disaster that'll be caused by the magicians.

The situation can very much spiral out of control if Aladdin don't do something now, especially when this war carry the same potential to cause the same disaster in the past.

If Alddian don't do anything here, he is betraying his own mission.
This is what we should talk about! Did we forget what Ugo told Aladdin ? That his mission is "stopping the abnormalities of the world ? I think Aladdin is still on the right track and Scher is just playing with his mind.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:47   Link #1205
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
That his mission is "stopping the abnormalities of the world ? I think Aladdin is still on the right track and Scher is just playing with his mind.
I don't think so. Aladdin's plan was to get rid of whatever weapon Magnoshta was developing, since that was the element that could create more abnormalities of the world. But he aborted his mission midway as Sphintus convinced him of helping in the war. So you could say that by getting involved in the war he's actually neglecting his mission.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:58   Link #1206
Seitsuki
Onee!

No. He can't just beat up the Magnostadt weapons then let the Finalis roflstomp their way through the magicians. The very thought that stopping there was the best outcome is ludicrous. Stopping the war in a true sense is going to require dealing with both sides. Non violently if possible of course, but if not..
Old 2013-02-23, 04:09   Link #1207
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
No. He can't just beat up the Magnostadt weapons then let the Finalis roflstomp their way through the magicians. The very thought that stopping there was the best outcome is ludicrous. Stopping the war in a true sense is going to require dealing with both sides. Non violently if possible of course, but if not..
But like Mu told him, he shouldn't involve himself in a human war. It's not what a magi is meant to do. Destroying Magnostad's weapons is part of his responsibility as a magi because those weapons are created with black rukh, which is the source of the abnormalities of the world. Trying to stop the war is something he's doing for the sake of his friends; it has nothing to do with his mission.

Well, let's just wait and see if he manages to get out of this situation without making things worse.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:24   Link #1208
Seitsuki
Onee!

The Eva was not created via black rukh. It's a standard magic item, just hugely upscaled, and runs off magoi the same way all magic tools do. It's just as legit as Reims zergrush 'we have reserves' tactics. You know what does run on black rukh? The black metal vessals it's hinted they have in reserve and will assumably use if they get desperate enough, which the Finalis smashing through sans Aladdin's intervention seems to fit nicely.
Old 2013-02-23, 05:04   Link #1209
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
The Eva was not created via black rukh.
I wasn't talking about that Eva thing. Before Sphintus convinced him to take par in the war, Aladdin was looking for something else: the real secret of Magnoshtad, which has to do with black rukh. Finding and destroying that secret weapon was his real mission, which he's now neglecting.
Old 2013-02-23, 07:44   Link #1210
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But like Mu told him, he shouldn't involve himself in a human war. It's not what a magi is meant to do.
Meant by whom? Why should Aladdin follow rules written by the Reme empire, with its own pet magi to guide it and send spies made with her own flesh and blood?

At best, it's slightly analogous to a child bully saying adults shouldn't interfere in a kids' fight.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 08:18   Link #1211
shalala

I don't think he is neglecting his mission. If the Eva hadn't come out then he would still have been loooking for the hidden weapon. Sure that would have most likely mean that the Coups would have broken through the 2nd barrier but at some point he would have joined the fight to try and stop more people dying because then both sides will end up hating one another and then it would ensure black rukh being made and by doing so causing more damage then if he wasn't joining the fight in stopping the war.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:20   Link #1212
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meant by whom?
By Solomon of course. Everyone knows what a magi is supposed to do, not only Scheherazade. Mogamette knew as well. Even some of the magicians there also knew that Aladdin shouldn't be fighting with them when they learned he's a magi.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:18   Link #1213
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
By Solomon of course. Everyone knows what a magi is supposed to do, not only Scheherazade. Mogamette knew as well. Even some of the magicians there also knew that Aladdin shouldn't be fighting with them when they learned he's a magi.
That begs two questions:
- who's Solomon to decree what Magi should and shouldn't do? Even if he was, say, the greatest Magi of all time - what right does he have?
- how does "everyone know"? If it was that important that Aladdin not get involved when people are assholes to each other, don't you think Ugo - who probably got his orders directly from the man in question - would have mentioned it? Everything else's just hearsay. You can't even claim they got it from observations of other Magi. Yunan may live like that - sort of - but he's the only one.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:07   Link #1214
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"You shouldn't be fighting with us, Magi!"

"...why?"

"Because you are a Magi!"

"I'm a human as well."

"But you got a grand mission! This is nothing compared to what you need to do!"

"Contrary, this is exactly what I need to do. Changing the world is a big task for any one person to do, Magi or otherwise. Affecting it, as King Sinbad can is one thing, but he can't change it. You need many people to do that. You all are people as well, why shouldn't you have a voice in how the world is to be changed?"

"But...your Magi duties...!"

"Stopping this war is one of them! 'Guide people to a place of peace'. Doesn't stopping you from killing each other count!? All of you have families, friends, loved ones!
I remember a land that was also ruled by magicians...long long ago. It too was destroyed for not understanding those who did not have magic! You will keep on prepetuating the same cycle, over and over again until someone stops it! Well, I won't let that dark history repeat itself!"

~*~

Stopping the war means that the special weapon won't be brought out into play, which will suit Aladdin just fine until he can go find and deal with it. Perpetuating the fighting just increases the chances of it being brought out and killing people, which Aladdin does not want.

A weapon is just a tool, like any other. Stopping the situation that gives the weapon its purpose (before it is brought out) is a better way - you can get rid of the weapon easier afterward and with much less ego involved.

'A Magi shouldn't fight'

Why? Maybe because it is unfair to the opposing side to have a living nuke walking the battlefield? They are a black ship - if they actively joined in on a fight, that's completely unfair and against their Magi creed.

Aladdin is making himself a 'third party', but Mu sees him as being on Mogamette's side since he is fighting against him. Aladdin is, most likely, stopping the attacker and will prevent the defender from making any retalitory attacks.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:44   Link #1215
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't know why you guys even questioned Aladdin's action. I mean, he is the freaking main character, and he was supposed to do something that he felt right instead of following the system.

Just like Naruto. Naruto goes against the old system of shinobi and want to create a better system to his world. A world without chain of hatred.

I think Aladdin probably will end up create a truly good and happy world that people or nation can live without Magi's help. Just like Alibaba comes out with republic system.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 10:57   Link #1216
shalala

Spoiler for Chapter 175:

I read that there isn't going to be a chapter next week. Is that true?
Old 2013-02-24, 11:03   Link #1217
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 175:

I read that there isn't going to be a chapter next week. Is that true?
That's what translation says. So - yes.
Old 2013-02-24, 13:41   Link #1218
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That begs two questions:
- who's Solomon to decree what Magi should and shouldn't do? Even if he was, say, the greatest Magi of all time - what right does he have?
Because he created them. Who do you think gave Aladdin his mission, btw?

Quote:
- how does "everyone know"? If it was that important that Aladdin not get involved when people are assholes to each other, don't you think Ugo - who probably got his orders directly from the man in question - would have mentioned it?
It seems to be common knowledge at least amount magicians. As for Ugo, he never really told Aladdin anything, instead leaving him to learn on his own. You know this.

Spoiler for new chapter:

Anyway, rather than Aladdin, I'm more interested on what Alibaba's going to do now. Also, it would be pretty cool if the Kou army chooses this moment to make their entrance.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-02-24 at 16:14.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:10   Link #1219
marvelB

Spoiler for Magi 175:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:00   Link #1220
shalala

I can't help but wonder if Kou will go all kool aid manon the barriers. I would assume that the Kouha Ren would be able to break through the 1st barrier with out much trouble and then the 2nd would be done by Hakuei Ren & Kougyoku Ren. Still it would be cool to see Hakuryuu Ren in the war and then we could see Alibaba vs Hakuryuu Ren rematch.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen