Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-27, 10:22   Link #741
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Give us Season 2!

Everyone in here are likeable... while Katou is cruising to be the main heroine
I like how Utaha and Eriri tried hard to destroy Michiru's flag... unfortunately, they have to accept the reality

When I first saw Utaha's scenario, I thought it won't be that good
however, during the show, I saw they made a lot of improvement and the ending is perfect

laughed so much at this episode.. especially that trolling about.. "YAY! It finished!!!! We finished.... ONE ROUTE"

Michiru sang "Sorairo Days" is probably one of the best part of this series after seeing so many SAO's nendoroid and Date a Live Light novel
Michiru really get trolled hard by her friends and her beloved cousin

In the end, I hope the best for Eriri.. She is always the winner in my realm (although I'm totally okay with Katou and Utaha.. I like them all)
hoping for second season.. This show deserved it! 9/10!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 10:45   Link #742
RDNexus

It really did give the feeling Part1 was to be adapted in 2cours, too bad it stopped at 1cour.
Let us see, there may be a ray of hope hidden somewhere...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 12:57   Link #743
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They adapted 4 out of 7 volumes of the First LN arc if I understood right.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 13:27   Link #744
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a very mediocre anime. The self-aware comedy was never funny and it fell into the same pitfalls as every harem ever. None of the characters were particularly memorable. In the end, I don't see anything different from the masses of harem anime out there. 6/10 with one extra point because Kato was perfection. I'd even be willing to watch a second season just for her.
Old 2015-03-27, 14:39   Link #745
Tranhieu

Not as great an ending as Shirobako's but still Katou's subtle way of doing things is just fabulous! Now I don't know whether she doesn't have any character or she actually has just as much as the others

The 2 insert songs are pretty good. Definitely looking forward to the studio version when they come out!
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 15:02   Link #746
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's probably the lack of screen time, but I didn't really warm up to Michiru. The others are another story. Especially Katou. Though I still wonder what her deal is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 16:01   Link #747
Nicaea

I enjoyed watching this, but I'm not surprised that this anime is kind of hit-or-miss. Too bad that Michiru didn't get that much screentime, but I give her a pass (I generally hate childhood friend characters). Even Tomoya grew a bit on me (i'm starting to wonder why we as watchers specifically need the MC to be aware of his popularity or act on it? I mean, in this case doing so would put Tomoya close to that slimeball rival of his).

At this moment I hope for a second season. I enjoyed Kato's antics and like how she progresses as a character. I'm still doubting between Michiru and Utaha for best girl (Utaha has looks and personality, but Michiru hardly got to establish hers). Eriri getting the last say was a nice touch, truly in the spirit of this series.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 16:05   Link #748
Habernero

What exactly is Katou's appeal to those that like her? I'm not trying to put anyone down by asking this because I know "to each their own". I'd just like to understand why people like her so much because I can't find her being particularly likable besides that she is a relatively nice person.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 16:09   Link #749
Dop
Mmmm....

That was kind of fun over all. Personally I think it could have done with being a bit more acerbic over what it was poking fun at, but it was Ok.

I suspect like Nanana it'll be one of those shows that's made in the hope of a second season it'll probably never get, though. Then again, nice play on the 'our fight goes on' end.

Have to admit, in the gig part I was kind of expecting them to do the old trick of playing the OP or ED, so when the guitar struck up I was "Hang on. I know this... Gurren Lagann theme! EXCELLENT!!!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 16:13   Link #750
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habernero View Post
What exactly is Katou's appeal to those that like her? I'm not trying to put anyone down by asking this because I know "to each their own". I'd just like to understand why people like her so much because I can't find her being particularly likable besides that she is a relatively nice person.
I think they like the fact that she does not fall in any of the typical archetypes.
Old 2015-03-27, 16:23   Link #751
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I've wondered the same, to be honest. For most of the show, she resembled more a _pet_ than a person, and I suspect that some people actually liked that. Following along, and simply reacting to Tomoya's antics. At this point, I was really freaked out (goosebumps) when I read the glowing reviews. This is all that people want in a partner? Really? Well, more power to you, but...

In the last 2-3 episodes she finally proved that she's a human being who is _alive_. Who has interests and desires/goals of her own, and who is willing to do something to achieve them. The game/mouse scene was fun and hinted that she has some brains _and_ playfulness after all. Good

(Still far from my personal preference, but finally fully entered the ranks of "da girlz")

Maruto knows the tastes of the otakudom fairly well
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 16:48   Link #752
rladls2121

Compare Tomoya's and Megumi's voice.
Tomoya is rather often too loud, even about trivial things.
That's right, that includes Tomoya screams too.
Emotional Tomoya when he talks about a certain fictional series too much that, he sometimes wants to deny things that are against his idealistic illusions.
Megumi, she is, most of the time does not get emotional about stuff unlike Eriri or maybe Utaha.

Megumi as a character, it's just how good personality she has in certain areas, I guess I might be wrong.
Somehow I compare Megumi to Kosaki from Nisekoi series because certainly for some people characters like these are too hard to dislike.
I think Megumi is hard to dislike because she is somehow too nice or maybe giving dull responses to Tomoya that is rather rare, even Utaha cannot maintain her calmness and toughness at a certain time.
Sometimes it makes me think Megumi is rather amazing.

And again with Tomoya, he might be a character hard to love because how he complained just because Megumi changed her hair style to ponytail to keep his ideal heroine's image.
Too bad for Tomoya that he doesn't have Ponytail Attribute.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2015-03-27 at 17:12.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 17:03   Link #753
Nicaea

Quote:
Hmm, for me it's her retorts as someone who is in the process of immersing in otakudom. Utaha for instance, has some great lines but comes from a perspective of someone within the deepest part of otakudom. Eriri too has this knowledge of thungs that allow her to keep up with Utaha and Tomoya. Finally you will most likely get a dynamic in which Michiru represents people who aren't really otaku, Kato is someone who could represent people who are open to otakudom but also actively question its workings; whilst Tomoya/Eriri/Utaha are people from the deepest parts of otakudom.

I also like how quickly she picks up things and how sensitive she is to things that happen around her (like how she picks up on the fact that Tomoya isn't perfect and might hit a wall at a certain point), or how she reacted to Eriri's outburst. And finally I like how much of a "troll" she can be.

I haven't seen anyone mention it earlier, but aren't Tomoya's connections amazing? I mean, he's running after Utaha in the world of creators but he's not to shabby either on his own. It hasn't showed yet how much rep he truly has (he has a very popular website and is important enough to get direct interviews with authors) but considering the things he gets done (and his speculated big amount of connections) he's pretty amazing in his own right.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 17:14   Link #754
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I like that she doesn't scream all her emotions to the world. Always deadpan, and yet she does pay attention and plays the straight man.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 17:46   Link #755
Habernero

Ok I'm getting differing views on why people like Katou which is nice. Some people like her kuudere attitude but, unlike the typical kuudere she doesn't have the personality quirks or talents like Kanade and Mashiro. She's a normal kuudere which I can agree hasn't really been used before. Other people like how subtle she is like how she picks up on certain peoples behavior or her slightly playful side showcased in last few episodes. I can also agree that she doesn't have the typical reaction to otaku culture seen in other animes. She is not particularly adverse or passionate about it which is generally the case for most anime characters. She keeps an open mind about it but maintains a lukewarm attitude about otaku culture. I guess I can understand people appreciating the subtlety she possess and that she not quite the same as other anime archetype even her differences to this is subtle. Personally I prefer woman that are a little bit more outspoken since women are hard to understand as is when you to pick up subtle changes it just makes it that much harder imo. However, I can see the charm about wanting hidden gems in otherwise ordinary surface. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 18:40   Link #756
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
They adapted 4 out of 7 volumes of the First LN arc if I understood right.
Exactly and there is 2 volumes else that are from the girls pov called Girls Side.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Compare Tomoya's and Megumi's voice.
Tomoya is rather often too loud, even about trivial things.
That's right, that includes Tomoya screams too.
Emotional Tomoya when he talks about a certain fictional series too much that, he sometimes wants to deny things that are against his idealistic illusions.
Megumi, she is, most of the time does not get emotional about stuff unlike Eriri or maybe Utaha.

Megumi as a character, it's just how good personality she has in certain areas, I guess I might be wrong.
Somehow I compare Megumi to Kosaki from Nisekoi series because certainly for some people characters like these are too hard to dislike.
I think Megumi is hard to dislike because she is somehow too nice or maybe giving dull responses to Tomoya that is rather rare, even Utaha cannot maintain her calmness and toughness at a certain time.
Sometimes it makes me think Megumi is rather amazing.

And again with Tomoya, he might be a character hard to love because how he complained just because Megumi changed her hair style to ponytail to keep his ideal heroine's image.
Too bad for Tomoya that he doesn't have Ponytail Attribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I like that she doesn't scream all her emotions to the world. Always deadpan, and yet she does pay attention and plays the straight man.
TLRD
She is the normalfag + a somewhat kuudere archetype. So put her with a otaku, a loudy tsundere osananajimi + the cool sempai who is burning in love and then contrast those is what makes her be noticed.

Put away those character leaving her Tomoya and Katou alone and the show literally falls apart. It just doesn't works with just them, and that's what worries me about the upcoming volume 8 of the novels...

And yeah, Katou is from the same brand Onodera and Haruna came from, the difference is that Katou has no romantic interest on the MC so far so if you like those 2(looks at Kanon's post, uhoh) is easy to like Katou as well.

Quote:

Maruto knows the tastes of the otakudom fairly well
Look forward Classroom Crisis, Maruto is writing the script for that anime series
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 20:57   Link #757
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Such gorgeous legs pantyhose or thighhighs maybe just bare Well the Tomoya was an idiot to the very end

7/10 Need anther season
Old 2015-03-27, 21:46   Link #758
christinemarie
Crazy One

Megumi Kato is secretly acting as the real girlfriend of Tomoya all along, heck she might even plot all of this way back episode 1 to make everything happen !

Megumi Kato is the real main character and not Tomo indeed. Now give this series 10/10 for introducing me to a character like her, she's the ultimate boss as the final two episodes of this series gives hints of how she really play through the cards.

Given that some of my favorite series that are successful didn't get S2 yet, I don't get my hopes up for the time being.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 22:24   Link #759
Tranhieu

Quote:
To me I find Katou kind of a mix between a kuudere that has a own will and a yamato nadeshiko (did anyone notice she has always been the one taking care of all the meals and snacks and drinks ever since the beginning?). She's always in the background and seems to be useless at the surface, yet her support came at the most unexpected moments making her existence neccessary in Tomoya's circle. She has her own ways of doing things that doesn't come accross as impulsive compared to the other girls, yet the most effective out of all.

Oh and I have to mention her tsukkomi antics (kudos to the seiyuu) are what kept me stay with this show till the end . I don't know what other viewers think but her lines are always so funny and original with a tad bit of subtlety that I hardly found in other shows.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 23:16   Link #760
Alf

I think Katou is a mix of anime character and real girl. She's always there at the right time and being fully supportive like the Onodera type character. But a big part of her is hard to catch, and you don't easily read her thought, like real girls. Actually I suspect there is a real person as a model because I got a friend with kind of similar personality who is also a Libra(Katou's birthday is Sep 23).
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance