AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 04:46   Link #81
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
As long as don't end up being an "open end" i will be sarisfied. Ichika or no Ichika, Houki deserves to be happy xD.
but tell me not you want it to be IchikaxHouki right? I'm pretty sure all of us here would say that anyways
Old 2011-03-25, 04:47   Link #82
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

damn i want akatsubaki now it looks soo damn awesome
Old 2011-03-25, 05:01   Link #83
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_fallen View Post
but tell me not you want it to be IchikaxHouki right? I'm pretty sure all of us here would say that anyways
Yep, they make a good couple. I know Char is the fan favourite but i think she's too perfect for Ichika, the lack of flaws didn't make for good developement. Houki and Ichika have good chemistry and plenty of room to help each other to grow. Still that's just my opinion and i also think that Houki is a very likeble character on her own, so that's why i want to see a happy ending for her despite not winning the affection of the main character if that's the case.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-26, 00:41   Link #84
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yep, they make a good couple. I know Char is the fan favourite but i think she's too perfect for Ichika, the lack of flaws didn't make for good developement. Houki and Ichika have good chemistry and plenty of room to help each other to grow. Still that's just my opinion and i also think that Houki is a very likeble character on her own, so that's why i want to see a happy ending for her despite not winning the affection of the main character if that's the case.
yeah just plainly houki being happy would make me very much happy, though sad her life from what happened to them in episode 11
Old 2011-03-29, 14:10   Link #85
frezinator

im a big fan of houki!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is the most well designed character! i love her history with ichika and episode 11 definitely proved that houki is the one for ichika ^.^

check out my houki and ichika amv planing to make second amv after the season ends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtgINwJnZmQ
Old 2011-03-30, 16:10   Link #86
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

all right another houki supporter we will soon will make everyone convert, lol.
Old 2011-03-30, 17:06   Link #87
Enternal

I'm actually more of a Charlotte fan but Houki is not that far off. I'm wondering but what do you guys think about her height. She does seem really tall but if you look back at episode 1 and 2, it seems that she's relatively tall compared to the other girls in Ichika's harem but she actually does not seem that tall. Lol in a way it seems to make Rin seems around 5 feet or less.
Old 2011-03-31, 11:11   Link #88
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I'm actually more of a Charlotte fan but Houki is not that far off. I'm wondering but what do you guys think about her height. She does seem really tall but if you look back at episode 1 and 2, it seems that she's relatively tall compared to the other girls in Ichika's harem but she actually does not seem that tall. Lol in a way it seems to make Rin seems around 5 feet or less.
You do bring up an interesting topic. I do believe she really is taller than most of the girls, and the episode 11 flashbacks showed a few things to us. Namely, I saw it as back when she was a kid, she was just as tall, or even taller, than some of the boys. They were calling her out as a tomboy of sorts, and that is somewhat of a topic among girls that being taller than average = not helping the girly side. There is also that stereotype where the tall girl does well with Kendo, and unintentionally Houki might have abused this advantage, in a way it was a boost to her strength, and something she wasn't aware of.

It's one of those attention to details that I'm very much enjoying about Houki's character, whether they intentionally did this or not, I do enjoy the many aspects about characters, and her height, and her life around it, is a nice, warm feeling.

By the way, I'm not sure, but I think Rin is somewhere around 4'11 tiny girl is cute XD

Now I just need to get to writing that Feature on Why I Love Houki
Old 2011-03-31, 11:26   Link #89
eiyuu99

Houki doesn't seem taller than Ichika, so no big deal?
Old 2011-03-31, 11:59   Link #90
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Houki doesn't seem taller than Ichika, so no big deal?
I'm mostly drawing comparisons with the other girls, honestly we rarely even see another male to compare him to (which I'd even say Ran-niichan is much taller than the Ichi). I think though that's one of the reasons why they look like such a perfect fit for each other, Houki standing beside Ichi looks nice compared to say, Rinny standing beside him (hides from the Rinny fans)

But of the 5 girls, I believe Houki is the tallest, whether it be in appearance, I'm a little too tired to remember and watch everything again lol
Old 2011-03-31, 15:41   Link #91
Kunagisa

Time to celebrate?
Old 2011-03-31, 19:13   Link #92
justpassingby

Though I didn't get my brutal, bloody fight, but I ain't mad .
I hope after this the author will give better chrysalis for his Japanese characters, namely the Shinonono and Orimura siblings (haven't read pass vol 3)
Old 2011-03-31, 23:41   Link #93
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

woots houki won ichika, victory my friends goes to us. though i wonder what happened to shinonono tabane at the end o.o?
Old 2011-04-01, 01:39   Link #94
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm mostly drawing comparisons with the other girls, honestly we rarely even see another male to compare him to (which I'd even say Ran-niichan is much taller than the Ichi). I think though that's one of the reasons why they look like such a perfect fit for each other, Houki standing beside Ichi looks nice compared to say, Rinny standing beside him (hides from the Rinny fans)

But of the 5 girls, I believe Houki is the tallest, whether it be in appearance, I'm a little too tired to remember and watch everything again lol
just look at the ed of ep11
tallest to shortest
Ichika
Houki
Cecilia
Charlotte
Rin
Laura

Ran is almost as tall as Houki
Dan is taller then Ichika
Old 2011-04-01, 13:24   Link #95
frezinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Time to celebrate?

just celeberated yesterday lol!!!

Houki Victory Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can die now with happinness lolXD

seeing ichika attempting to kiss houki definitely made my day!! too bad it got interrupted lol!! im glad to see ichika carried houki and said "let's get outta here houki." then they both run away from the girls xD epic win lol!!

time to start making my second houki and ichika amv ^.^
Old 2011-04-01, 13:32   Link #96
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Haven't seen the chapter yet but this make me want to do it badly xD!

This is only the begionning lots of adventures(and haremettes) are on the way so nmow that Houki finally got Ichika's attention will must fight now to develop the relationship. Of course also fight to imrove herself as a person in the face of the future battles and challenges that await for her and her friends. but now, it's time to celebrate. Go Houki! find your strenght and reach your happiness!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-01, 14:10   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well good that Houki made a big move in the last episode. Though I think with someone as dense as Ichika she has a long way to go before she's won anything. Though I guess you could call this the one who laughs last laughs loudest. Long as there isn't a second season it ends on a high note for Houki. Though if there is any sequel could see Ichika falling back to not being able to tell that several girls are interested in him.
Old 2011-04-01, 15:14   Link #98
cyberdemon

it;s funny, all the other girls do stuff to make ichika see them as a woman, while Houki, the most tsun of them just comes straight out and asks him if he sees her as a woman and it works lol.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:27   Link #99
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
it;s funny, all the other girls do stuff to make ichika see them as a woman, while Houki, the most tsun of them just comes straight out and asks him if he sees her as a woman and it works lol.
Probably because given how dense the damn guy is charging head-on is the only way to make him notice.

In this case Houki took his hand and placed it on her chest.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2011-04-01 at 21:34. Reason: Ichkia to Houki
Old 2011-04-01, 18:49   Link #100
frezinator

lol i think its because he finallly realized that houki loved him since from the beggining, the first time they met when they were still both little kids and not seeing for six years then just realizing rite now that houki harbors strong feelings for him. thats why he decided to kiss houki xD

vvvvvvvvvvvv my favorite scene ^.^

Tags
characters