AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-10-13, 00:30   Link #6021
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yeah, the ending do seem rushed as hell. It seems that the author kinda tired with it and gave up on it.

Seriously, this Magi ending made Naruto's final fight and ending looks "complete"
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 07:35   Link #6022
GendoAizenPig

Pretty shoddy ending to a manga that for a while was pretty well written. Everything seemed to go downhill during the Kou Civil War arc and only got worse from there imo. I am pretty happy that Morg and Alibaba tied the knot though.

Pretty funny that best girl Arba survived the series with seemingly no consequences for her many atrocities. I wonder if she'll age or be a loli forever.

I personally am overjoyed that this manga didn't hook a bunch of characters together at the end like Naruto did. Koguyoku took over a country and became a respected leader in the end. She doesn't need to be someone's arm candy to have a "happy ending." Same goes for Aladdin, he got closure with his origins and now will move on with the next stage of his life. It would've been piss poor writing and a disservice to each of their characters to have them be together if you ask me. That goes for pairings that lack development and are tacked on to the endings of any manga/anime. That shit happens way too much and it's awful.

For what it's worth Magi, you gave me more enjoyment than disappointment during your run so I will miss you.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 07:47   Link #6023
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I still think Aladdin needs a woman, though. Let him have some love, dammit.

And there are too many loose ends, too. Would've been great if we'd gotten an Epilogue or something.
Old 2017-10-13, 07:57   Link #6024
GendoAizenPig

I wouldn't have had an issue if he had romantic development with someone, but he didn't. Koguyoku makes a remark about spending a lot of time with Aladdin while Alibaba was "dead" and that's it. They became friends. Males and females don't have to be romantically involved to hang out. Not every main character needs to be married/dating at the end.

There are a lot of loose ends, but such is life when you're a fan of manga/anime/etc. Most of them end pretty badly (this is obviously subjective). Some stuff might be answered in omakes or something. You never know.
Old 2017-10-13, 08:17   Link #6025
DragonOsman
Dragon King

An Epilogue would still have been good. And maybe with some info on the other worlds/dimensions and the gods there. But we got nothing. I understand what you mean about not all main characters having to have life-partners, but I'm still kind of sad about Aladdin not having anyone. Though I guess it's fine, in a way, since his biggest wish was always "to have friends".
Old 2017-10-13, 08:21   Link #6026
GendoAizenPig

I think that or a guidebook would be the best options. Guidebooks in particular are really good for covering stuff the author wanted to include but couldn't for any number of reasons.

The Bleach ones for example had a lot of interesting tidbits in them about a number of characters. I'd say with Magi's cast size, it would benefit a lot from one too.
Old 2017-10-13, 09:04   Link #6027
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah.

But Bleach's ending also needs a guidebook/databook to clarify things and tie up loose ends. And then there are those light novels that came out which it looks like no one wants to translate. Which is sad because those light novels shed light on Urahara and Yoruichi's relationship and past, among other things.
Old 2017-10-15, 14:58   Link #6028
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah.

But Bleach's ending also needs a guidebook/databook to clarify things and tie up loose ends. And then there are those light novels that came out which it looks like no one wants to translate. Which is sad because those light novels shed light on Urahara and Yoruichi's relationship and past, among other things.
Well, that has something to do with the fandom really not liking a couple of the revelations in those novels. Like the fact that the Ukitake was going to turn Ichigo into the Soul King if Ywach hadn't ended up that way instead. Betrayal is not a good way to expand an already controversial ending.
Old 2017-10-15, 17:34   Link #6029
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To go back to Magi, I've been thinking that perhaps Sinbad's fate will be revealed in his manga.
Old 2017-10-15, 19:48   Link #6030
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We already some of what happen. The original manga gave us a spoiler about Celendine.

@XFire: When Shinsui came to the real world to talk to Ichigo's friends and give them those tickets that let them visit Soul Society whenever they want so they can meet Ichigo if he has to stay there permanently, a lot of us were already thinking that he and Ukitake may have been planning to make him the next Soul King. And I don't think it's betrayal. Someone from Soul Society or someone the people of Soul Society trust should be the Soul King. Not someone like Yhwach.

Either way, I still want to read those novels. And some more databooks if Kubo has the sense to make them.
Old 2017-10-16, 09:40   Link #6031
XFire
150% done

Quote:
We already some of what happen. The original manga gave us a spoiler about Celendine.

@XFire: When Shinsui came to the real world to talk to Ichigo's friends and give them those tickets that let them visit Soul Society whenever they want so they can meet Ichigo if he has to stay there permanently, a lot of us were already thinking that he and Ukitake may have been planning to make him the next Soul King. And I don't think it's betrayal. Someone from Soul Society or someone the people of Soul Society trust should be the Soul King. Not someone like Yhwach.

Either way, I still want to read those novels. And some more databooks if Kubo has the sense to make them.
The Soul King is an unthinking corpse. It can't do or even think anything. It's basically a permanent I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream scenario.
Old 2017-10-16, 09:43   Link #6032
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They split his body up, remember? We don't know why, but there are separate parts of the Soul King lying around. His left arm, right arm, heart, and other such parts. He was originally a completely conscious, living being.
Old 2017-10-17, 13:07   Link #6033
XFire
150% done

Quote:
They split his body up, remember? We don't know why, but there are separate parts of the Soul King lying around. His left arm, right arm, heart, and other such parts. He was originally a completely conscious, living being.
Not as the Soul King he wasn't. Whoever he was before was turned into the pillar supporting the three worlds and split apart. Which is what they were going to do to Ichigo if they had to.
Old 2017-10-18, 06:15   Link #6034
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We don't even know why they did that and when. It's one of the things that, unfortunately, were never explained. So we can't say for sure yet that he Soul King was split up like that when he became the Soul King.

Also, the Soul King still had his power and will. He still expressed his desires. Like being interested in and wanting to meet Ichigo (though that meeting never happened, or if it did, it wasn't shown).
Old 2017-10-18, 15:49   Link #6035
XFire
150% done

Quote:
We don't even know why they did that and when. It's one of the things that, unfortunately, were never explained. So we can't say for sure yet that he Soul King was split up like that when he became the Soul King.

Also, the Soul King still had his power and will. He still expressed his desires. Like being interested in and wanting to meet Ichigo (though that meeting never happened, or if it did, it wasn't shown).
It's explained in the novel. Both what happened to the Soul King and what it means to be in his position. Ywach is literally an unthinking plant right now, which is also explicitly what was going to happen to Ichigo.
Old 2017-10-18, 17:17   Link #6036
Blueknight78

maybe is time to drop the "bleach" talk or go to the proper thread, this talk already go too off topic this topic is to talk about magi not about bleach, little comparation is fine but turn in a total different manga talk maybe no fine.
Old 2017-10-18, 18:43   Link #6037
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
maybe is time to drop the "bleach" talk or go to the proper thread, this talk already go too off topic this topic is to talk about magi not about bleach, little comparation is fine but turn in a total different manga talk maybe no fine.
I agree. *hint* *hint*

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 22:42   Link #6038
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is there a Bleach thread? I thought the series ended more than a year ago.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 02:05   Link #6039
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is there a Bleach thread? I thought the series ended more than a year ago.
here if you want to discuss
https://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

and no the manga actually ended this year, but anyway furter discuss could be did on the link

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen