AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 15:14   Link #1241
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Exactly how powerful is Amon's sword anyway?
I think they said Amon's sword is the most powerful sword or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Guess Mu just barely stopped his swing and thus stopping his magic.
No I think he stopped his magic after his swing was stopped by Alibaba. Alibaba basically just told him that if he didn't withdraw his sword Amon's sword would melt it (well, the star, but it's the same), but the swords did clash against each other as far as I can tell.
Old 2013-03-10, 15:21   Link #1242
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I love this manga...but the one-upping from each side every chapter is getting old...I really hope it ends soon. I mean, at first it's fun, then it's ok...by now it's getting annoying.

Magicians have barriers
Reim counters with bombs
Magicians counter with WMD
Reim counters with Fanalis Squad
Magicians counter with ranged attacks
Reim counters with household vessels
Magicians counter with Aladdin
Reim counters with Djinn Equip
Magicians counter with Alibaba

...see? >_>
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:30   Link #1243
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think they said Amon's sword is the most powerful sword or something.

No I think he stopped his magic after his swing was stopped by Alibaba. Alibaba basically just told him that if he didn't withdraw his sword Amon's sword would melt it (well, the star, but it's the same), but the swords did clash against each other as far as I can tell.
True, Mu did say he didn't think he would be stopped by Alibaba. There was also some steam when the weapons touched each other.

About Mu's magic, I think only the magic part is truly devastating.
The swing he takes with the spear is probably only a normal swing with Fanalis strength, so the best way of stopping Mu's extreme magic is to stop his swing at the base.

Another thought, a major reason why Mu backs off in the end is because if Alibaba wanted to, he could have made Barbatos unusable, but by just blocking it, he signals to Mu that they're not necessarily enemies.

@above
Typical shounen manga development.
Old 2013-03-10, 15:37   Link #1244
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Another thought, a major reason why Mu backs off in the end is because if Alibaba wanted to, he could have made Barbatos unusable, but by just blocking it, he signals to Mu that they're not necessarily enemies.
Yeah, though now they definitely need to negotiate. This chapter proved Aladdin's still too green. He relies too much on power instead of thinking strategically. Well, it was never his role to lead, so it's to be expected. But anyway, now that Alibaba entered the picture, I expect him to ask both Scheherezade and Mogamette to hold negotiations. Mogamette will have to swallow his magician pride too, since his country just got saved by a human.
Old 2013-03-10, 15:40   Link #1245
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I love this manga...but the one-upping from each side every chapter is getting old...I really hope it ends soon. I mean, at first it's fun, then it's ok...by now it's getting annoying.

Magicians have barriers
Reim counters with bombs
Magicians counter with WMD
Reim counters with Fanalis Squad
Magicians counter with ranged attacks
Reim counters with household vessels
Magicians counter with Aladdin
Reim counters with Djinn Equip
Magicians counter with Alibaba

...see? >_>
I already saw this coming miles ago.

I hope next one will be something like this

Alibaba: let's go home guys. we tired of this war...WAIT! Why Kou army is here?!

Quote:
@above
Typical shounen manga development.
thought this one kinda worse since epic speech about "my stuff is better than you"

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:46   Link #1246
shalala

As for the chapter ALIBABA has finally came back into the story after how long its been. Pluuus his new weapon equip look cool. Still I would have thought given that he was given a new sword his Weapon equip would look different. As for Mu damn does he look awesome. His legs reminds me of whats happening Rosario + Vampire. But why a spear as his weapon? I would have though it would been a sword. Still this pretty much says that a half fanalist has around the same amount of magoi as a full fanalist seeing how he can only keep his Djinn equip for less then one minute. Which is kinda sucks as I was hoping for a longer fight. Sooo I guess thats the finalist coups out of the war then. As for who died well I would guess those 2 teachers + a few more that could taken out by Barbatos beam and Baba walking stick/wand. That should upset Aladdin a bit. On a good side Myers condition is now stable thanks to Sphintus.

Last edited by shalala; 2013-03-10 at 15:58.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:02   Link #1247
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
thought this one kinda worse since epic speech about "my stuff is better than you"
After reading the latest Beelzebub chapters, Magi chapters seem to be a notch or two better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
As for the chapter ALIBABA has finally came back into the story after how long its been. Pluuus his new weapon equip look cool. Still I would have thought given that he was given a new sword his Weapon equip would look different.
Where did you read about him getting a new sword? The sword he has on the ship cameo is still the same sword he had before time skip. Personally, I think it would be extremely weird if the sword passed down from the previous king of Balbadd to Sindbad to Alibaba breaks off screen.
Since Djinn equip is to become the Djinn, I think their shape won't change no matter how many vessels you changed.

About his Djinn equip, it finally reached the level again he had in Ch.70, before Kashim messed up his synchronisation. My guess is that after his and Kashim's magoi merged, his Djinn equip naturally regained its previous level.
Old 2013-03-10, 16:16   Link #1248
Kazu-kun

Look at this. Pretty cool how the roles got reversed.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-10, 16:26   Link #1249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Damn, Granma's memento.

Alibaba should have just broken the metal vessel. It's a temporary inconvenience, which is exactly what's needed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:31   Link #1250
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Alibaba should have just broken the metal vessel.
That would only make Mu hold a grudge against him, which means a lot more problems down the road.

No, Alibaba knows what he's doing.
Old 2013-03-10, 18:48   Link #1251
marvelB

Quote:
No, Alibaba knows what he's doing.

That reminds me: I'm kinda surprised you haven't started fussing about Alibaba's involvement so far. I mean, is he not also an outsider? So wouldn't obstructing Mu from his goal be considered unjust, rebelling against the "natural order" and all that jazz? I mean, he's even defending that very same magi you were ranting about a short while back, after all.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:58   Link #1252
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Look at this. Pretty cool how the roles got reversed.

Spoiler:
... and the subliminal message is "Mine is bigger"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:59   Link #1253
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh it looks like they've released sinbad story too I wonder if the author is going to do more of it..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 19:09   Link #1254
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That reminds me: I'm kinda surprised you haven't started fussing about Alibaba's involvement so far. I mean, is he not also an outsider? So wouldn't obstructing Mu from his goal be considered unjust, rebelling against the "natural order" and all that jazz? I mean, he's even defending that very same magi you were ranting about a short while back, after all.

Alibaba's a human, not a magi. For all your condescending tone it seems you didn't read even my posts.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:11   Link #1255
marvelB

^But what about the thing about him being a human who's protecting that interfering magi in question?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 19:20   Link #1256
Awrya
U mad?

Just read Adventure of Sindbad - Prototype. He was totally badass.

Yunan got quite an unique introduction, taking shelter under a turtle shell that's being dried and then getting bullied?
Even if it's said that he isn't a king candidate chosen by a magi, after reading this, I can't help but feel that Yunan 'chose' him. He didn't guide Sindbad through the dungeon, because he felt that Sindbad had all the qualities to conquer it on his own.

Other things also become clear, Partevia was the country he couldn't save, Drakon is possibly the person he holds in his arms in the flashback, maybe after shielding Sindbad from the curse that turned him into that dragon form.

Unlike Amon or Zagan, Baal didn't choose one and let them fight it out, either because both had the quality of becoming king or he's just too laid-back.

Jafar was an assassin under the king of Partevia and the sorcerers of Partevia knew that conquering the dungeon would give the conqueror power. Since dungeons didn't appear too long ago and Sindbad captured the first one, the sorcerers are most likely Al Sarmen.

My guess is that Sindbad is now travelling to Reim, trying to find out why Reim and Partevia are going to war, seeing Scheherazade, entering the Colosseum as a gladiator to improve his swordsmanship and meeting Masrur.

I hope more of Sindbad's adventure stories will be published, they're totally addictive.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:23   Link #1257
shalala

Quote:
Where did you read about him getting a new sword? The sword he has on the ship cameo is still the same sword he had before time skip. Personally, I think it would be extremely weird if the sword passed down from the previous king of Balbadd to Sindbad to Alibaba breaks off screen.
Since Djinn equip is to become the Djinn, I think their shape won't change no matter how many vessels you changed.

About his Djinn equip, it finally reached the level again he had in Ch.70, before Kashim messed up his synchronisation. My guess is that after his and Kashim's magoi merged, his Djinn equip naturally regained its previous level.
Yes I was referring to the king of Balbadd to Sindbad to Alibaba sword. Seeing how I wasn't too sure if he had gone weapon equip when using it. Plus I like the design of the current sword. I get what you mean now. Sorry for any confusion based on what I had said that you may have gotten.

So could this mean at some point his weapon equip would evolve again and cover both of his arms with Amon's flames as so far its half way there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
... and the subliminal message is "Mine is bigger"
Yaoi fans could have a field day with that. :P
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 19:27   Link #1258
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^But what about the thing about him being a human who's protecting that interfering magi in question?
Didn't you notice Alibaba left Mu go with his metal vessel intact? With this Alibaba did a lot more than just helping Aladdin. He also gained a hand over Mogamette, who now has to swallow his pride an admit the only thing stopping Reim from crushing his magical country is a human. Now Alibaba can ask Mogamette to hold negotiations with Reim and he would have to accept. On the other hand, leaving Mu go with his weapon intact also play on his honor as a warrior, so if Alibaba requests Scheherezade to hold negotiations, Mu will probably support him.

That's what great about Alibaba. He knows how to use his head when it comes to political conflicts.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:38   Link #1259
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
So could this mean at some point his weapon equip would evolve again and cover both of his arms with Amon's flames as so far its half way there.
More like the weapon equip in 176 is already equal to the one he had before Kashim messed up synchronisation. In both cases Alibaba gained those arm-guards when using the weapon equip. When using equip in Zagan dungeon, those arm-guards didn't come and his equip just transformed his arms black.

I remember when Kougyoku performed weapon equip against Ugo, her hairpin turned into a trident and the transformation went as far as her arms as well.
Transformation up to the arms could be the limit of weapon equip, anymore and it'd become full body equip.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:51   Link #1260
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Ch is out! Dang, Strength type magic is really the most powerful type for combat, eh ? And Aladdin showed us that he's still too green for both combat and political situation. Luckily, we still have our poor prince: Alibaba . Why can't other mages focus their borg in one place like Aladdin ? The same reason those poor fodder hunters in HxH couldn't focus their nen in one point effectively like Gon ( AKA, because they're fodder and need to die for hyping ).

Stopping Miu by disrupting the star diagram, Alibaba is starting to look more like a magic knight for sure! Now if only he can smoke without coughing, his swag level will increase to match Kassim .

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen