AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Total Season Rating
Perfect 10 1 1.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 5.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 11.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 15.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 13.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 13.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-23, 11:41   Link #21
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
This series was a disgrace... sigh... Other than Tatenashi and Charlotte... yeah..
You kind of forget about Kanzashi. She's literally the only harem member with functional brain and measurable common sense by this point

Then again, many people said she's forgettable.
Old 2014-01-29, 09:08   Link #22
genryu_black

actually it is truly bad. i totally do not care with a missing panty and cecilia's lethal cook. the only good thing is the appearance of Kanzashi, and her show did not truly show her true ability like manually control all of her missile in the middle of battle.

give a huge rating in hope for the season 3 Kanzashi will have more scene.
Old 2014-02-04, 12:47   Link #23
Kakurin
大佐

I'm stunned by the sales numbers for IS2. Over 11.000 BDs for the third volume alone.
Old 2014-02-04, 17:21   Link #24
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I'm stunned by the sales numbers for IS2. Over 11.000 BDs for the third volume alone.
Remind me what were the comparisons compared to the other BDs and season 1?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2014-02-09, 15:53   Link #25
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

The BDs/DVDs are just part of the hundreds of IS merchandise that are out there (Nendos, PVC figures, towels, cards, dakimakuras, CDs, light novels, etc). Now I understand why so much is being sold. It's not so much about the quality of the adaptation as it is about the goods that people want. If they are collecting all those merchandise, why not pick up the BDs/DVDs as well?

On a business level, compare it to other franchises that take a lot of profit from their goods, and still remain popular after all these years not solely because of their shows, but of the thousands of products that spawned from them as well - Gundam, Pokemon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:02   Link #26
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Remind me what were the comparisons compared to the other BDs and season 1?
Not as bad as earlier volumes, but still inferior

IRC average sales of season 1 DVD is around 12.000
Old 2014-03-19, 02:29   Link #27
Vicious Killer

4/10 I still think this anime had complete fail
Old 2014-03-20, 08:31   Link #28
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

0/10 did not watch this season's junk.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:02   Link #29
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'll put up what I put up in response to a blogged summary...(also includes episode 12 response)

Ugh, just as I predicted last episode. Nothing really except IS fanservice action.

Otherwise, NO f-ing answers while creating MORE f-ing questions!

1.) Military IS show up, yet still NO other instructors from IS Academy? We may as well say Chifuyu and Maya ARE the ONLY instructors there (who aren’t even capable of doing anything themselves to help the students 99.9% of the time). Not only that, but the military IS and/or their pilots S-U-C-K-E-D.

2.) If the Black Night is supposed to a brand new personal IS Tabane made for Madoka, how could Chifuyu possibly know exactly what it is?

3.) Stemming from #2, considering the Black Night was made for Madoka to be able to kill Chifuyu of all people, how is it possible that the group was able to not just stand up to her, but even almost beat her were it not for Squall’s intervention (Autumn being taken out like little more than cannon fodder)? I guess the only excuse is the whole “data collecting”, so Madoka most likely wasn’t going all out against them, but still, if you want data, then shouldn’t one be pushing the unit as far as it can go?

4.) Of course, Ichika ends up living via deus ex IS dream girl, of which we STILL have no clue at all what she is, what her purpose is, or anything. Just conveniently appears and gives Ichika more power. When will Ichika be the one to actually stand up, fight, and win/fend off the enemy instead of Byaku Shiki being like a crutch?

5.) NO casualties from the fighting? When they blew up parts of city blocks that were clearly lit and we get NO sign of the pilots of the military IS surviving?

6.) Tabane and the mystery girl now confirm that they were the ones responsible for the unmanned IS incident, which only further makes me look at Tabane as one of those bored geniuses stirring up sh*t for sh*ts and giggles without care. I mean, her best friend and her little brother, AND the whole rest of their class almost DIED and what does she do? Giggle and wonder if “…Chii-chan enjoyed her present” and that “Things will be more fun”. It’s like she has no concept of right or wrong, or the consequences of her actions. I will be quite surprised if Tabane doesn’t end up turning into the final main villain somehow.

7.) Of course, they end with the usual harem antics, as if NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

…considering how EXTREMELY open-ended it is, and based on DVD/Blu-ray sales so far, I get the feeling they will make a third season. They really CAN’T not make one now, to give actual answers (hopefully). unless they really don’t make sales, which seems doubtful.

Amazingly, I am extremely disappointed with IS 2 and it’s up there with one of the WORST series’ this season that I’ve seen. After how much I enjoyed the first season, I was really expecting IS 2 to go above and beyond what Season 1 did, both in plot and with character development, but instead, a vast majority of it was pointless harem antics again (much of it not even that funny compared to season one) while not even the bare minimum had anything to do with any worthwhile plot; a plot that still remains completely unresolved in EVERY way as they have given us NO concrete answers on anything related to Phantom Task, Chifuyu, Ichika, or anything. And because of such a bad plot to antics ratio, a lot of the pacing really felt off with the sudden transition from silly antics into darker, serious plot moments.

The characters are pretty much exactly the same as they were before, which isn’t exactly a good thing. Ichika not becoming any better an IS pilot overall, and once again, only due to Byaku Shiki’s abilities does he manage to survive. And don’t even get me started on the “romance” for him; still the ever dense idiot.

The girls (at least the main 5) are perfectly fine on their own or with eachother, but when it comes to Ichika, they constantly get downgraded to either idiots or hurtful yanderes on him for even complimenting another girl’s appearance, as if they believe they have some sort of “claim” on him already. We also learn little to nothing more about them nor are they put in any real personal conflicts or anything for them to overcome besides that flashback with Charlotte’s mother (which was really just to help conclude that one episode) and Cecilia’s cooking. Even the Sarashiki sisters don’t get much besides the basic gist of why Kanzashi is so withdrawn and whatnot.

And I think it’s clear to everyone now that Chifuyu has a vast lead on the other girls, with Houki coming in second.

IS 2 was one of the series’ I was really looking forward to this season, but sadly, it failed all my expectations and then some. I can only hope that when/if they make a third season, that IS 2 was only so bad because they were saving up as much as they could for that third season to be as amazing as possible.
Old 2014-04-04, 16:00   Link #30
Birdway
Banned

Ok, it was obvious, pretty damn obvious this season was just for fanservice to promote more of this series merchandising, and the HAD TO sell the characters.

So what did you expect?

First season was a collage of a parade of haremettes with a pseudo-plot at the end. Just that.

And that was all I got from the S1, and that was what I expected from the S2.

I didn't read the novels but those are not outstanding and it seems its publication is very irregular which hints its author isn't a notable author.

So yeah, I wasn't exigent with this series and as your usual harem series I just had to turn my brain off. Any complain is useless and any expectation of "plot" and not the PLOT(ha) then you guys are a bunch of naive and gullible persons.

I'll give it a 7/10 nothing else, I had my time with my favorite characters except Chifuyu but the Zarashiki sisters made up for it a bit.

@MeisterBabylon

You sir deserve a clap for attention whore.

*clap*

@ZeroXSEED
Second seasons usually sell less than the first and looking at the numbers, those aren't bad on any way.

Do you know what is bad?

Chunybio Ren.

From their usual 16000 sales per discs for the first season it dropped to 6500 aprox per disc for the second season.

Or just pathetic sales like Nagi no Asukara whose sales are not above 1600 copies per disc on the first week of sales.

Quote:
You kind of forget about Kanzashi. She's literally the only harem member with functional brain and measurable common sense by this point

Then again, many people said she's forgettable.
The sad truth, cause besides having "common sense" and being badass. Any other girl can too (if the writing of the show says so), what I think is she doesn't has a characteristic trait that makes her truly different from others.
Old 2014-04-04, 17:29   Link #31
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The earlier volumes sold less than 6000, same goes when the stupid final arc kicked in

That's still mostly a botch, just not as bad as other case, only the 'good' episode actually sold over 10.000
Old 2014-12-23, 00:44   Link #32
Strikefreedom117

the only good thing i can remember for this season was the imouto(her name escapes me) how the fuck could they have messed this up

easy formula that tokyo ravens and strike the blood did

go in order of volumes released and give each 3 episodes, to fuck up something like taht is beyond me
Old 2015-03-12, 23:42   Link #33
Brother Coa
Banned

Well I finish last episode yesterday ( finally! ), but I am not pleased at all.

First season was great as I, sci-fi geek btw, really liked how IS concept was made with models, technology and everything. Yes, this is harem, but many new interesting characters were introduced in 1'st season and plotline was solid until the end.

Second season..... we had sister and Phantom Task part, two new characters and that's it. The rest is pure harem and fan service ( I don't mind it from tiem to time but IS got that to the extreme levels ), what is worse, they reduced each character to ordinary hungry men-dog. Leaving only Houki as any sensible character with some personality troughs entire season ( I did like Charles and Laura "date", but that was only for one episode, same goes for Cecilia while Rin didn't get one at all ). Sisters were interested, but not that much. And to be honest the younger one is way, way more interesting character than the old one.

And then we have Madoka.... now she is really interesting and she still interests me even if anime is finished for good. Shame that all of this is only 5% of anime whiel 95% is basically.... harem....

Shame, for a show with such interesting set-up.... I hope that at least LN will shed some light to some things by the end.
Old 2015-03-24, 12:41   Link #34
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Well, let's just say that the season season of IS have been not impressive. Let's hope that the third season will be much better than the last two seasons.
Old 2015-03-24, 17:12   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

3rd season.... 3rd SEASON!? NOOOOOO!!!
Old 2015-03-25, 11:02   Link #36
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
3rd season.... 3rd SEASON!? NOOOOOO!!!
Slow down, Tempest. I never say that the 3rd Season has come out yet. I'm just saying that hopefully if there's going to have a 3rd Season,then it better be better than the last two seasons Including those of the OVA World Purge.
Old 2015-03-26, 08:30   Link #37
Brother Coa
Banned

I doubt it, many better shows never got season 3... rarely any got season 3 at all.
Old 2015-03-26, 16:50   Link #38
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Slow down, Tempest. I never say that the 3rd Season has come out yet. I'm just saying that hopefully if there's going to have a 3rd Season,then it better be better than the last two seasons Including those of the OVA World Purge.
You misunderstand the reason for my outcry: I don't WANT a 3rd season of this. World Purge pretty much animated the only decent thing left in regards to a plot with a story. And judging from the filler that we got with the 2nd season - the writer's team can't even do that to save this story, probably because Izuru doesn't want them writing him into a corner full of things that may make sense. It could have been something Good... but no.
Old 2015-05-02, 12:59   Link #39
Chaos-Zero

Ok. I find the second season of Infinite Stratos is rather disappointing.
Closed Thread