Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-07-08, 04:14   Link #41
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Here's one more to throw in about the Void Century and D being connected:

Granted, I only remember this off the anime, and forget what the line in the manga was... but apparently, when Roger first met Rayleigh, he asked if Rayleigh wanted to "turn the world upside down"

Or is that an anime only line?
Nope, it's also in the manga. The question is if it's relevant, because that was the start of their journey and Roger didn't read the Poneglyphs yet...

What I remebered when I read White Beard's theory was the scene where Robin asked Rayleigh about the Poneglyphs and if he knew what happened 800 years ago. He answered that he knows but even if he told them, as they are now, they couldn't do anything and that the Ohara scholars and the Roger pirates might have been a little too fast. I can't read kanji but a good translation of that scene would be really interesting.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-08 at 05:16.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:24   Link #42
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Even though they couldn't read the Poneglyphs (technically, Roger could never actually "read" the Poneglyphs), my theory is more along the lines that most of those who carry D are rebels/out to change the current status quo from the Marines and World Government being in charge. After all, it's in this current state due to the Ancient Kingdom being overthrown by the 20 nations that allied and became the World Government.

Dragon, Luffy, Teach, and even Saul all don't/didn't believe in things being currently run as they are. Garp doesn't seem to mind things as they are (for obvious reasons), and I really can't comment on Ace or Rouge

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 21:29   Link #43
danielevo

someone said that 'D' mean 'Dream'.. and long long ago, there is a kingdom who rules the world, and that kingdom all have people who had 'D' in their names.. thats a theory i read before
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 05:30   Link #44
Veviticus

I like to think that the kingdom of D were just ordinary people instead of rulers of the world. It makes them out to be bad guys. The world government would be the rulers who conquered each lands and the kingdom of D were the only ones with the willpower to fight back.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:14   Link #45
Rainbowman

Here's a theory that may be ridiculous so you don't have to take me seriously if you don't want to. The D might stand for Dante, as in "Dante's Inferno".
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 00:56   Link #46
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Does anyone else think that D could stand for Don. Like how they say "Do it, with a Don!", has that never popped into anyone's minds. From my understanding, I could be wrong on this, but Don is like saying Bang. "Do it with a bang!", so all these characters with the D initial could just be amazing at everything because they just do it with a Don.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:11   Link #47
animeisinteresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
(technically, Roger could never actually "read" the Poneglyphs),
He wrote some stuff in the same language on one of the poneglyphs in the Skypia Arc that Robin found. If he was able to write it he had to have been able to read them.
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:19   Link #48
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
He wrote some stuff in the same language on one of the poneglyphs in the Skypia Arc that Robin found. If he was able to write it he had to have been able to read them.
It was said at some point that he could "hear" the writing. I have no idea how you can "hear" something written though... but it sounds a bit like color of observation.
Old 2013-07-22, 02:08   Link #49
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Rayleigh said that unlike the scholars of Ohara, Roger didn't know the language on the Poneglyphs. But, he had the power to hear the "voice of all things" (as we also see in the Sea Kings' flashback)... so maybe he was able to hear what to write?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:04   Link #50
anime fan99

Thing that I am puzzled about The Will of D. What's stop any one from puting D as a Middle name when Naming their children
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:09   Link #51
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
Thing that I am puzzled about The Will of D. What's stop any one from puting D as a Middle name when Naming their children
Nothing probably. But only a few know about the D middlename being something "special" at all. Most people probably just view it as a coincidence that the "important" people like Luffy, Ace and Teach have it. The fact that "Gold Roger" was in fact "Gol D. Roger" is also unknown to most people.