AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 06:26   Link #1041
Xion Valkyrie

Chapter 78 out.

Zomg, balls of steel for sure.
Old 2010-03-19, 07:03   Link #1042
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 78:
Old 2010-03-19, 07:06   Link #1043
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Chapter 78 out.

Zomg, balls of steel for sure.
I really like how Mashiro stood up and said it in the face of the editor-in-chief that despite the threat of being kicked out of Jump, he confirmed the fact that he has the right to quit.
Old 2010-03-19, 07:22   Link #1044
RisArk

Quote:
P.S: Takagi and Kaya playing ping-pong on their honeymoon?
That's kinda what you do at a local inn there.
Old 2010-03-19, 08:30   Link #1045
Lummie

Btw pretty funny reactions from Miura and Shujin:

Spoiler for Statement:

Spoiler for Reactions:
Old 2010-03-19, 09:09   Link #1046
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 78:
Old 2010-03-19, 09:18   Link #1047
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It won't happen.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-03-19, 10:37   Link #1048
Nosauz

Bit too much drama for me this week, it felt cheesy and very thick compared to the more subtle chapters. Also why is takagi and miyoshi all friendly toward each other... their married it's probably time to consumate the marriage if you know what I mean. They seriously seemed not interested at sex at all, instead were playing ping pong and contemplating about the shooting range. Since they have kissed I just found the lack of sexual attraction just quite unrealistic if Takagi really loves miyoshi.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:36   Link #1049
Wrath88
Kissing...

ROFL, the trump card of Niizuma. Will they go to him and ask? Or quit instead? I think Hattori might be the one to ask Niizuma to do it.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:44   Link #1050
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
They seriously seemed not interested at sex at all, instead were playing ping pong and contemplating about the shooting range. Since they have kissed I just found the lack of sexual attraction just quite unrealistic if Takagi really loves miyoshi.
Well, married couples ARE friendly and do various activities together, although what with it being their honeymoon, I too was expecting unrestrained sex for a few days and THEN go back to work:P
Old 2010-03-19, 13:54   Link #1051
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I don't think they'll let them leave. They're too valuable in terms of up and coming Mangaka. Although I would like to see if they did. After all, they are suited to more mature stories. Maybe write some seinen?
Old 2010-03-19, 15:18   Link #1052
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I can see something around these lines happening:

Saiko keeps pressing the matter whether to quit or not when suddenly
*Niizuma hears about what´s going on in the Editor´s office and drops by almost instantly*
"Head Editor-san we want to quit Tanto."
"Is that your final answer?"
*NIIZUMA GRAND ENTRANCE*
"No, i won´t let them quit tanto or JUMP. I AM cancelling their series, as obliged in my contract."

*intermission over*
Old 2010-03-19, 15:42   Link #1053
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Wow. This chapter is uh... insane. It's as if drama is Ashirogi's chief export and their manga doesn't even come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
I can see something around these lines happening:

Saiko keeps pressing the matter whether to quit or not when suddenly
*Niizuma hears about what´s going on in the Editor´s office and drops by almost instantly*
"Head Editor-san we want to quit Tanto."
"Is that your final answer?"
*NIIZUMA GRAND ENTRANCE*
"No, i won´t let them quit tanto or JUMP. I AM cancelling their series, as obliged in my contract."

*intermission over*
This seems most likely, actually. Maybe not that grand, but Niizuma will realize that they're finally serious about beating him again and will give them the chance to start over. He can call Yujiro and tell him that, or he'll pull this right as Ashirogi has gone home and started to pick up their pieces.

Now, how Hattori and, in particular, Miura will feel about that is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Bit too much drama for me this week, it felt cheesy and very thick compared to the more subtle chapters. Also why is takagi and miyoshi all friendly toward each other... their married it's probably time to consumate the marriage if you know what I mean. They seriously seemed not interested at sex at all, instead were playing ping pong and contemplating about the shooting range. Since they have kissed I just found the lack of sexual attraction just quite unrealistic if Takagi really loves miyoshi.
If sex is what a marriage is entirely about, I wouldn't get married. I find their non-sexual intimacy a closer bond. Also, the manga doesn't have to tell us everything they're doing, and they don't have to tell anyone else either.
Old 2010-03-19, 15:45   Link #1054
babohtea

The point of being married is NOT ONLY to have sex. Honestly, if they started going at it like rabbits I'd say their relationship was quite shallow.
Old 2010-03-19, 16:28   Link #1055
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
If sex is what a marriage is entirely about, I wouldn't get married. I find their non-sexual intimacy a closer bond. Also, the manga doesn't have to tell us everything they're doing, and they don't have to tell anyone else either.
Marriage isn't about sex but to claim a healthy marriage without sex is ridiculous too. Also I believe it's the demographic of SJ that probably resulted the lack of more intimate settings, but I still feel that there should be something more than just playing ping pong, maybe a nice stroll outside to set the mood of not just playing games. The mood itself for the honeymoon did not say romantic at all, more like do what we do everyday except where a yukata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
The point of being married is NOT ONLY to have sex. Honestly, if they started going at it like rabbits I'd say their relationship was quite shallow.
you know the trend, lots of sex in the begining and once people get older they stop having sex, so takagi is gonna be spending plenty of time with his hand. And my main critique was that the mood between miyoshi and takagi wasn't all that romantic considering it is their honeymoon.
Old 2010-03-19, 19:31   Link #1056
moeman

Takagi and his wife have been going out since muddle school. To say that they haven't had sex during that time will utterly be foolish. The authors just don't emphasize it since it is in a shounen mangazine. If the authors wanted to do that, then they should write shoujo. We the audience are only interested in seeing if takagi and saiko are going to become the best and most popular mangakas out there. All the other stuff is just fluff.
Old 2010-03-19, 19:36   Link #1057
babohtea

Quote:

you know the trend, lots of sex in the begining and once people get older they stop having sex, so takagi is gonna be spending plenty of time with his hand. And my main critique was that the mood between miyoshi and takagi wasn't all that romantic considering it is their honeymoon.
Well, TBH they didn't really have time to develop their relationship like they should have before getting married. They really rushed into the whole thing, you know; they aren't even that close really. It was sort of a heat-of-the-moment thing with Sayako's jealousy etc.

I think it's reasonable they aren't very lovey-dovey because, well, while they seem pretty open and seem to have a good idea of what marriage is, they're still kind of awkward. I mean, you even heard Takagi say things like "I guess I should tell you, now that we're married." It's not because he's close, but because he's married that convinces him to open up.

Not that their relationship is doomed or anything; it's just a little bit different. And about the sex thing... I'm pretty sure people have sex and don't have sex depending on their personalities. It should vary from couple to couple. This is an awkward conversation.
Old 2010-03-19, 20:33   Link #1058
Nosauz

Quote:
Well, TBH they didn't really have time to develop their relationship like they should have before getting married. They really rushed into the whole thing, you know; they aren't even that close really. It was sort of a heat-of-the-moment thing with Sayako's jealousy etc.

I think it's reasonable they aren't very lovey-dovey because, well, while they seem pretty open and seem to have a good idea of what marriage is, they're still kind of awkward. I mean, you even heard Takagi say things like "I guess I should tell you, now that we're married." It's not because he's close, but because he's married that convinces him to open up.

Not that their relationship is doomed or anything; it's just a little bit different. And about the sex thing... I'm pretty sure people have sex and don't have sex depending on their personalities. It should vary from couple to couple. This is an awkward conversation.
Why would sex be awkward, it's part human nature. Anyway for modern social conventions, I just feel that their relationship progression is somewhat dated, and not really in tune to current trends with youth, with a greater acceptance of casual sex.
Old 2010-03-19, 20:44   Link #1059
babohtea

Quote:
Why would sex be awkward, it's part human nature. Anyway for modern social conventions, I just feel that their relationship progression is somewhat dated, and not really in tune to current trends with youth, with a greater acceptance of casual sex.
Depends on where you live, and who you're around. It's really easy to assume that people don't know what they're talking about when they contradict something that you've your whole life to be true (at least, socially), but, in reality, it's you who ends up looking ignorant because you aren't aware of other cultures.

Also, the way you say "current trends with youth" makes it seem like you study teenage culture or something.. I can tell you with confidence not all teenagers are starting to have casual sex. "Current trends" do not necessarily mean "current reality", so their relationship can still be perfectly modern without the "current trend" of casual sex.

And why would sex be awkward? Again, I think this comes down to a fundamental difference in our viewpoints on sex. It's a big deal to some people, it's not so much to others.
Old 2010-03-19, 21:34   Link #1060
Nosauz

Quote:
Depends on where you live, and who you're around. It's really easy to assume that people don't know what they're talking about when they contradict something that you've your whole life to be true (at least, socially), but, in reality, it's you who ends up looking ignorant because you aren't aware of other cultures.

Also, the way you say "current trends with youth" makes it seem like you study teenage culture or something.. I can tell you with confidence not all teenagers are starting to have casual sex. "Current trends" do not necessarily mean "current reality", so their relationship can still be perfectly modern without the "current trend" of casual sex.

And why would sex be awkward? Again, I think this comes down to a fundamental difference in our viewpoints on sex. It's a big deal to some people, it's not so much to others.
These are all assumptions that you make, but considering the marketing trends of hypersexualization it's quite obvious that sex is becoming more and more seen as a method of enjoying the pleasures of life and not just the procreation aspect, this is also due to the "liberation" of women. At least as we have progressed marketing and consumption based society seem to be promoting a hyper sexualized lifestyle. You may your self value sex, doesn't mean I don't, but the trend says more and more don't value sex solely as something special. Trend does not imply every single person.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen