AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 10:06   Link #21
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
btw... one of Whitebeard's crew clearly says that Shanks has Haoushoku Haki too (as well as Whitebeard). Interesting. Looks all but certain that Dragon has it too.

Not too surprised to see one of the Marines say to make sure Luffy never escapes, otherwise he'll become a huge threat in the future.
well allot of people thought he had it so it would be good to have it confirm.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:17   Link #22
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Buggy will also have King's Haki. HAHAHA
Also wtf is Doflamingo doing?
Old 2010-01-13, 10:30   Link #23
andy

i just read the chapter and no one says anything about shanks having it so kari-no-sugata unless they did not translate that it seems you are wrong it seems.

edit your right kari-no-sugata shanks does have it bad translation like usual this becoming a really big problem with op.

Last edited by andy; 2010-01-13 at 10:54.
Old 2010-01-13, 11:13   Link #24
Prestige

Hectic chapter.

Looks like Crocodile's and Hancocks alliances are now crystal clear and everyone knows which side they are fighting.

Luffy is exhausted beoynd his limits but he is dozed by hormones that fools his body to ignore exhaustion and pain I wonder can this amount of damage be just slept off...

Daz Bones almost stole show on this chapter being a 'super-hero' and valiantly standing against Mihawk though level of strenght is too clear and it was no problem for Mihawk to dispatch him...

Crocodile actually protected Luffy attacking Mihawk directly, this is actually pretty intresting match up though its heavily favoring Mihawk because I am pretty certain that he can slice logias and he has basic concept of haki atleast.

Whitebeard is freakin monster, guy is having swords stuckin on him and he beats up those officer marines like an nothing and even stopping advancing Kizaru on his tracks.

Luffy started his epic charge on Bridge of life carrying fate of entire war on his shoulders and being last ray of hope of victory for pirates, but he is already half death of exchaustion and his body is wayy past of its limits...

Now he faces legendary marine hero, Garp who could been an admiral in 1 on 1 combat, Luffy is in tough spot, I dont think he can have any hopes of victory at this state and I dont think he can even get past of Garp anyway.

I guess only hope is that Garp will choose to betray marines and letting Luffy go, but Sengoku himself is waiting on top and Garp wont likely to betray marines so it dont look good.
Old 2010-01-13, 11:21   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
i just read the chapter and no one says anything about shanks having it so kari-no-sugata unless they did not translate that it seems you are wrong it seems.

edit your right kari-no-sugata shanks does have it bad translation like usual this becoming a really big problem with op.
Yeah, Mangastream got some vital information wrong on the first page, as I discussed it in AP.
I can understand not getting some figure of speech right, or making grammatical mistakes (like "who" and "what"),
but I don't understand how they manage to completely miss some vital lines..... lines insanely important to the OPverse.
Old 2010-01-13, 12:12   Link #26
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I suppose thats the price we pay to get a speedy scan.

Awesome. So the old man has/had it too. It wouldn't have made sense that the strongest man wasn't able to use it.
Old 2010-01-13, 12:45   Link #27
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, Mangastream got some vital information wrong on the first page, as I discussed it in AP.
I can understand not getting some figure of speech right, or making grammatical mistakes (like "who" and "what"), but I don't understand how they manage to completely miss some vital lines..... lines insanely important to the OPverse.
I've translated about about 10,000 pages of manga in my life but I still struggle with seinen and josei level manga - it depends a lot on the author and subject matter though. Shounen manga tends to be quite easy to translate. It would probably help if I studied Japanese formally (Almost all my skills with Japanese are due to me trying to understand manga and anime - I can only just about have a conversation in Japanese since I hardly ever speak / write it)

But yeah, I struggle to understand how some translations come about too. I don't want to get into bashing some groups or promoting others, but certainly "buyer beware" still applies.
Old 2010-01-13, 12:47   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, both Daz and Crocoboy taking on Mihawk is pretty crazy stuff (guess we'll find out what happened with Dofla soon enough).
Most likely the fight between Crocodile and Doflamingo was interrupted/halted due to the perpetual chaos in this war, much like all of the other fights so far. I don't expect to see any other reason why their fight just stopped.
Old 2010-01-13, 14:01   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Most likely the fight between Crocodile and Doflamingo was interrupted/halted due to the perpetual chaos in this war, much like all of the other fights so far. I don't expect to see any other reason why their fight just stopped.

Yeah, that makes the most sense, I suppose. After all, we've seen the top fighters switching opponents left and right throughout this war, anyway....

BTW, I notice that Makugai has a lightning-enhanced sword in that spread with all the NW captains. Looks like he lives up to his alias of "Thunder Lord", after all! Still, I wonder if that's the result of a DF power, since we already have a thunder Logia with Eneru. Maybe it's a Paramecia ability instead, like the static-static fruit or something.....?

And so it looks like we've got confirmation of at least 5 people with Haoushoku Haki, now (Luffy, Whitebeard, Shanks, Hancock, and most likely Dragon. Heck, we may even have 6 if Rayleigh counts). This is probably one of Oda's ways of singling out the strongest folks in the Grand Line, methinks. If so, I suppose we can also expect the other 2 Yonkou to possess the king's ambition as well.....

Oh, and of course I'm glad to see my boy (or girl?) Inazume return (gotta love how he still holds onto that wine glass! ). I was also glad to see Buggy in the chapter as well, even if it was just for one panel. I'm still secretly hoping for the clown to be the one to sneak his way across that bridge and free Ace from the marines' clutches while Luffy is busy with his gramps.....
Old 2010-01-13, 14:37   Link #30
Battler-kun

Oh wow Da Bones getting sliced.....oh wait, i ' ve seen this much earlier by someone else in this manga before.

Seriously, wtf is Mihawk doing? Surely, he is filling the pages. I'd rather see Don Flamingo , who is a way more interesting character than the boring empty Mihawk, who needs to be there just for Zoro to overcome him one day.
Old 2010-01-13, 14:49   Link #31
james0246

^Mihawk has to start living up to his title, else we will not care when Zoro defeats him...
Old 2010-01-13, 15:30   Link #32
marvelB

Speaking of Dofla, I hope he interrupts Crocoboy's fight next chapter so he can accuse him of being a man-slut for choosing Mihawk over him.
Old 2010-01-13, 15:31   Link #33
Prestige

Mihawk starts to trouble me abit... he really pushes himself to hurt/kill Luffy and really fight enthuistically with marines side.

I thought he really had no intrests and just sailed around oceans for fun and fighting occasionaly for boredom and hoping to face strong advesarys.

But he seems to be...almost hellbent for killing Luffy, I am not sure what his motives here are and I thought that he would not really cry if he would lose his Schichibukai status.

I guess he might have some grudges against Whitebeard from his past or other motives to stop pirates...

Oda might just give him deeper charecter and even make him more detestable for his eventual fight against Zoro.

Well unless Shiryuu slays Mihawk and becomes Zoro's final goal...
Old 2010-01-13, 15:39   Link #34
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
And so it looks like we've got confirmation of at least 5 people with Haoushoku Haki, now (Luffy, Whitebeard, Shanks, Hancock, and most likely Dragon. Heck, we may even have 6 if Rayleigh counts). This is probably one of Oda's ways of singling out the strongest folks in the Grand Line, methinks. If so, I suppose we can also expect the other 2 Yonkou to possess the king's ambition as well......
I'd say 99% likely Dragon has Haoushoku Haki. Basically, unless or until Oda says otherwise, I think we should assume that he does.

I'd say 80% probability for Rayleigh - if he's not then he's someone we could label a "Haki master" at least, I think.

I'd say 50% probability for the other Yonkou. Maybe just a step below. Story-wise I think it's more likely for them to have Haoushoku Haki if they're not DF users.

Blackbeard is hard to estimate. Haoushoku Haki + Logia would be almost unbeatable you'd think - it would certainly make him an even stronger candidate for "last boss". We know he's battled with Shanks, but we don't know if Shanks had Haoushoku Haki at the time (that battle might have spurred Shanks to greater heights for all we know).

Given that a number of Marines and pirates can spot Haoushoku Haki, it makes sense that Hancock was offered a Shichibukai position on the spot.

Hancock's around 8-10 years older than Luffy: it's quite likely that the only person with Haoushoku Haki who is younger than her is Luffy. The next oldest may be Shanks.

If the world population is a few hundred million, then we could expect around 8-15 people with Haoushoku Haki, based on those with Haoushoku Haki being about "1 in 10s of millions".
Old 2010-01-13, 15:59   Link #35
ZeroForever

i feel it's more like Hawkeye's has determined that luffy is worthy prey and is hunting him like a predator the hawk is known to be.

I'll have to check the chapter again when corrected translations are posted up.
Old 2010-01-13, 16:07   Link #36
Kunagisa

The revealing of "King's" Haki's pretty unsurprising, but still I'm more interested in the Will of D than that.
Old 2010-01-13, 16:51   Link #37
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Speaking of Dofla, I hope he interrupts Crocoboy's fight next chapter so he can accuse him of being a man-slut for choosing Mihawk over him.
Has Doflamingo that much of a crush on Croc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Mihawk starts to trouble me abit... he really pushes himself to hurt/kill Luffy and really fight enthuistically with marines side.

I thought he really had no intrests and just sailed around oceans for fun and fighting occasionaly for boredom and hoping to face strong advesarys.
How would the Marines look like if all the Shishibukais started fucking around?
Jinbei and BB is already enough, not to mention a certain crazy girl.

Quote:
But he seems to be...almost hellbent for killing Luffy, I am not sure what his motives here
The Shishibukai are helping the WG defeat WB and Luffy is helping WB, what other motives does he need?

Quote:
I guess he might have some grudges against Whitebeard from his past
I doubt that anyone on the field who's not on WB's side has a grudge against him.

Quote:
or other motives to stop pirates...
He answered the WG's call.

Quote:
Oda might just give him deeper charecter and even make him more detestable for his eventual fight against Zoro.

Well unless Shiryuu slays Mihawk and becomes Zoro's final goal...
Shiryuu will be Zoro's Final Opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Blackbeard is hard to estimate. Haoushoku Haki + Logia would be almost unbeatable you'd think - it would certainly make him an even stronger candidate for "last boss". We know he's battled with Shanks, but we don't know if Shanks had Haoushoku Haki at the time (that battle might have spurred Shanks to greater heights for all we know).
He's not Intangible, so he's pretty much like some Paramecias.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:06   Link #38
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Quote:
And so it looks like we've got confirmation of at least 5 people with Haoushoku Haki, now (Luffy, Whitebeard, Shanks, Hancock, and most likely Dragon. Heck, we may even have 6 if Rayleigh counts). This is probably one of Oda's ways of singling out the strongest folks in the Grand Line, methinks. If so, I suppose we can also expect the other 2 Yonkou to possess the king's ambition as well.....
That would make sense, but don't forget about the Supernovas (whereabouts unknown). It is a smart decision on Oda's part to highlight the haoushoku in the battle of marineford, it takes focus away from other contenders for power in the new world. It shall truly be interesting to see who Oda decides is worthy of surviving this battle to fight on later on the grand line.

but, currently it is six, Rayleigh DEFENITELY counts...
Old 2010-01-13, 21:09   Link #39
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Shiryuu will be Zoro's Final Opponent.
God I hope not. For me, it's got to be Zoro vs Mihawk in the end, not Zoro vs M. Bison with a sword.

At the end of this chapter, I got the feeling that Garp is going to have a change of heart. This story arc has a Return of The Jedi vibe to it, with Garp playing the Darth Vader role.

Edit: We know that Luffy cannot survive a real fight with Garp. Even if Luffy won that fight, he'd be damaged so much it would kill him (because he's only running on vigour hormones). And if Garp doesn't change his mind, then someone else has to intervene. I don't see how Luffy could get past both Garp and Sengoku on his own. It would make sense for Dragon to participate in this fight. If he really is a revolutionary, then this is probably the most opportune time to overthrow the WG. Another possibility is that Luffy stretches and unlocks Ace's cuffs, allowing Ace to fight. Or maybe Buggy can use his Bara Bara powers to take the key and free Ace.

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2010-01-13 at 21:25.
Old 2010-01-14, 00:31   Link #40
viperx116

Am I the only one wondering how Inazuma got in Iva's hair?
Closed Thread