AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 18:52   Link #8901
Seihai
スマイリウム

Stop running away, Ayumi... she's not a suspicious person! She just wants to investigate you...

Keima's going at his own pace as usual. It's rather convenient that children are easily swayed by fantasy settings, or at least I guess he's approaching the matter like he did with Urara.
Old 2013-09-20, 19:07   Link #8902
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
-breeding between demons and humans is taboo/looked down on, addressed by the author in a Q & A before i believe, should be same/implied for goddesses
That means... a blow for Haqua ending.

But still, the goddess is a lie! The hosts are still humans, so it wouldn't be much of the problem unless Wakaki choose to turn a blind eye if Keima ends up with one of the goddesses hosts.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 19:07   Link #8903
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Basically if Keima chooses Chihiro he has the chosen the real, which in honestly is what I think this series in heading into. Choosing Chihiro not because of her as a person but because what she stands for in this series.
I can also argue that it's because Chihiro is a "real" average girl that she won't end up with Keima. Chihiro (or Keima to her) is the first love. A person does not always end together with their first love interest. If anything, that is even more idealistic.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 20:37   Link #8904
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Oh noes!!! Ayumi is one of the victims!

And I like the part where Keima chose to play the same role as he did with Urara. xD
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:26   Link #8905
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I can also argue that it's because Chihiro is a "real" average girl that she won't end up with Keima. Chihiro (or Keima to her) is the first love. A person does not always end together with their first love interest. If anything, that is even more idealistic.
You can't prove that. There is nothing in the series that indicates that Keima was her first love.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:27   Link #8906
ChampDream
Alive

that was a surprise to me what Keima did.
Old 2013-09-20, 21:39   Link #8907
Shadow5YA

Quote:
You can't prove that. There is nothing in the series that indicates that Keima was her first love.
You mean aside from Flag 189 being titled The Memory of My First Love, which was also what Chihiro was singing during her band's performance?
Old 2013-09-20, 22:12   Link #8908
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Oh noes!!! Ayumi is one of the victims!

And I like the part where Keima chose to play the same role as he did with Urara. xD
The black collar might be the cause she had a gap in her heart in the first place. Not a new discovery there.
Old 2013-09-21, 00:29   Link #8909
tsunade666

Lol The stunt Keima pulled as an ending. I'm a future boy from the distant future!
Old 2013-09-21, 10:49   Link #8910
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Lol The stunt Keima pulled as an ending. I'm a future boy from the distant future!
Ironically, he really came from the future and the current he cannot be together with Tenri(or anyone) since he will go back to his time when every thing is over.

p.s. by the way, Tenri told Keima before he came to the past that he has to save a girl. Is that girl Kaori? or Urara?
Old 2013-09-21, 10:57   Link #8911
ices
Working Hard

Alien, Esper, and now Time traveller....
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:59   Link #8912
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
p.s. by the way, Tenri told Keima before he came to the past that he has to save a girl. Is that girl Kaori? or Urara?
Urara shouldn't count because she saved herself.
Old 2013-09-21, 11:07   Link #8913
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Alien, Esper, and now Time traveller....
add the normal keima with it and you have the sos brigade
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 13:13   Link #8914
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Crossdress him and you have Seitenkan

I never said anything. Carry on.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:15   Link #8915
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
There is no normal Keima.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 13:23   Link #8916
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
There is no normal Keima.
So add the kami Keima and the normal Chihiro, we'll still get the sos brigade
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 13:38   Link #8917
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:

The only ones left is Chihiro and Tenri. Tenri has shown very good signs lately but I am giving the winner spot to Chihiro because she stands for the "reality" of this series. In the end this story is about Keima's ideal vs reality. The game world or the real. Chihiro is the real since she is not special, she is not involved in this whole mess. Keima even says that out load when Chihiro asks if there is something in her. This is Wakaki's way of telling us that Chihiro is a normal average person through and through.

Basically if Keima chooses Chihiro he has the chosen the real, which in honestly is what I think this series in heading into. Choosing Chihiro not because of her as a person but because what she stands for in this series.
This is definitely the argument Chihiro fans tried to use the most. Well, I, not being a fan of her, can also see that quite clearly. But just one thing, don't you think it would be kind of predictable if Wakaki pull off sth that is too obvious like that!? I mean, the setting "he reject the real so he need to accept it in the end of the series to show that his character has developed" is not neccessarily what Wakiki aims for.

Quote:
-breeding between demons and humans is taboo/looked down on, addressed by the author in a Q & A before i believe, should be same/implied for goddesses
So can I assume from the above that breeding between demons/goddesses and human is possible? It's not welcomed, might be looked down upon, but still possible?
Old 2013-09-25, 23:11   Link #8918
trenton_dawn
Silt

I'm a Chihiro fan, let's put that up front. But I agree with kyou13--Keima deals with the real, and as the events of the goddess arc show, it can even affect him, but since when does he show any sign of actually giving in? Keima is Keima--his core ideals have never changed, although he has a new perspective on some of them.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 20:29   Link #8919
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
So can I assume from the above that breeding between demons/goddesses and human is possible? It's not welcomed, might be looked down upon, but still possible?

Hmm the actual question asked was whether or not a devil can be in a relationship with a human? They never went into details about offspring, but the reply only mentioned it being looked down on.

So you basically have to derive your answer form that, since he never made it a complete negative response, Since if he said it was physiologically impossible, that would pretty much end it. Ironically in the manga world/mythological world the default position in this should be yes.

Last edited by sasoras; 2013-09-27 at 20:39.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 07:42   Link #8920
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
I'm a Chihiro fan, let's put that up front. But I agree with kyou13--Keima deals with the real, and as the events of the goddess arc show, it can even affect him, but since when does he show any sign of actually giving in? Keima is Keima--his core ideals have never changed, although he has a new perspective on some of them.
Well he's gonna give in to the real and end up with Chihiro, but we just don't know. What I want to point out is that we can't reach a conclusion about the last girl with these "real vs deal" things.
Quote:
Hmm the actual question asked was whether or not a devil can be in a relationship with a human? They never went into details about offspring, but the reply only mentioned it being looked down on.

So you basically have to derive your answer form that, since he never made it a complete negative response, Since if he said it was physiologically impossible, that would pretty much end it. Ironically in the manga world/mythological world the default position in this should be yes.
Actually I wanted to say "relationship" but I saw "breeding" in your post and used it without thinking. Offsprings are too far off to even be considered, after all.
It couldn't be definite answer, since Wakaki isn't supposed to crush the hope of demons and goddesses' fans. So yeah, I'll take it as a yes. At least it will leave Haqua and Diana with a chance or two

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen