AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-01, 14:14   Link #201
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I imagine we'd get this after SC & TC are done or maybe they'll go SC > Sen > Sen 2 > TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Sounds edgy.

But yeah it's probably Sen since IIRC the title supposed to be some meta pun on a thousand weapons or something. So that sounds would fit the bill, at least moreso than Trails in the Nothing or Trials in the Blue.

I guess I could see why they would bypass the Crossbell Arc for the Erebrona Arc from a business perspective, but it's still disappointing IMO. At least we are getting more Kiseki games in the end eitherway so that best news out of this.
Yup and after reading this:

It definitely makes things complicated + from what I hear that Zero/Ao are the largest text-wise.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 14:34   Link #202
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Finished my first playthrough a few days ago. Passing time with a 2nd run because japanese psn cards are for a poor student rather expensive if you just want Sen II €75 for a 10,000 Yen card is by itself quite fair (seeing that the current exchange rate is around €70 for 10,000 Yen), but without an income these expenses do still hurt after a while. At least, I'd have 3,200 remaining after the purchase...

Anyway, a few impressions from my VN tainted eyes *lol*:
Spoiler for mostly mid-to-late game:
Old 2015-01-01, 15:14   Link #203
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I imagine we'd get this after SC & TC are done or maybe they'll go SC > Sen > Sen 2 > TC

Yup and after reading this:
It definitely makes things complicated + from what I hear that Zero/Ao are the largest text-wise.
Goddamnit.

At this point I'm counting my blessings that a fan translation for Zero is being worked on, because it only way western fans my this and Ao sometime this decade, if ever.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 19:15   Link #204
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Goddamnit.

At this point I'm counting my blessings that a fan translation for Zero is being worked on, because it only way western fans my this and Ao sometime this decade, if ever.
I didn't know there was a fan translation for Zero going. At least, hopefully, we'll be able to go through the Crossbell arc at some point. I need my Rixia!

But yeah, we'll at least be caught up and going through Sen/Sen 2 and so forth. I'm excited about that.
Old 2015-01-01, 20:19   Link #205
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky went on Steam...which game is that in this series? The first one?

I have interest in this Steam game, but...are they not going to put the whole series on Steam? I'm not sure I want to buy the game on Steam if they aren't going to end up putting the whole series on Steam for North America.
Old 2015-01-02, 09:52   Link #206
marvelB

So Sen may be getting localized, eh? That's great news! Incidentally, I just recently finished Sen 1 over the holiday weekend (yeah, I'm really slow when it comes to non-action RPGs....). And I guess "Trails of Cold Steel" beats calling it Luminescence or Radiance or something of that nature, heh. Actually, the name of the regular battle track is "Glint of Cold Steel" in the OST (in English at that), so maybe Xseed got the idea for the title from that....?

That being said.... it's STILL going to be a good while before we even get wind of as much as a release date, isn't it? Sen doesn't exactly lose to the previous titles in terms of amounts of text....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky went on Steam...which game is that in this series? The first one?

Yes, it's the first. It's also the ONLY localized Kiseki/Trails title we have so far. The sequel is on the way, but it's not even guaranteed we'll see it by the end of this year, lol.

Also, I wasn't aware that a fan translation for Zero was underway. That's great news, since the chances of that and Ao seeing a western release is becoming more and more uncertain....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 14:44   Link #207
Yagami Kyo

I'm on the 'I want the release order to be translated, because Sen loses a lot of its impact if you haven't played 3rd and Zero/Ao beforehands' side. But I understand that Sen is the title with the most probabilities of being translated, as they have to do it on PS3 and Vita as soon as possible (and it will make people complaining even more about not having the rest of the series)
I'm worried about how this will go, but whatever
Happy New Year, Ladies and Gentleman
Yagami Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 15:10   Link #208
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Only hint for SC's release date we have right now is possibly "First half of 2015" and they are beginning QA. So it's not too far off.

As for Sen's localization. As they said, they have learnt a lot from FC & SC, so they'll be changing their approach for sure and expecting a much quicker turn around. If it gets announced shortly after next year, hopefully it's a 2016 title.

I'm sure they want to do Zero/Ao but with the licensing, platform viability and cost issues it's next to impossible. No point in doing Zero if you can't do Ao either. I read Sen's a little bit of an easier jump point but you have to had played FC & SC to understand the world.
Old 2015-01-02, 15:20   Link #209
Kirayuki

I'd go as far as saying that you might as well play everything before Sen in order to understand the current world situation.

That said, with how the availability of localizing the Crossbell game looks slim I think you at least need the knowledge from all the 3 games of Sora or Trails in the Sky, not just FC and SC. The 3rd Chapter actually provides basic setup for the future games including Sen, so yeah.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 15:24   Link #210
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That's what I'm curious about. Are they doing the Sen duology first with this or is TC coming first?
Old 2015-02-15, 08:34   Link #211
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with run 1 of Sen II. A few things I found rather annoying, but overall I loved it. I played on Easy, but it was fun to build Laura around her second S-Craft and being able to nearly one-shot most bosses (Bye bye Dubarry !)

Spoiler for Sen II overall:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 11:41   Link #212
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post

Quote:
Spoiler:
I take that the game managed to get the job done for you actually, they were trying to aim for that specific moment to reveal his survival even though players who knew already know about that

And congratulation on finishing the game, welcome to the Eternal Waiting side
Old 2015-03-14, 13:26   Link #213
marvelB

Alright, I FINALLY beat Sen 2! It took me damn near 2 months (and close to 150 hours of total playtime.... told you I'm slow with these things, lol ), but I finally got past this monster! So, here's a few of my thoughts (spoilers ahead, naturally):

Spoiler for Sen 2:

Overall, despite a few minor gripes, I enjoyed Sen 2 immensely! I'm definitely looking forward to Sen 3, though it'll probably be a while before that comes along (since Falcom seems pretty busy with making action titles at the moment).
Old 2015-03-14, 14:30   Link #214
Kirayuki

Sen is just fairly lenient with how you use your S-Craft, as they are far more damaging than previous titles (and you even got many broken quartz to boost their damage even more). Overall, it just have the impression that the game is made easier to audience for better or worse.

And I think Falcom just need a time to decide where they want to bring the series, hence a blank year without any new installment. I personally don't think they will do Sen 3, but it's likely it will still take stage in the Empire.
Old 2015-03-14, 15:23   Link #215
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Sen is just fairly lenient with how you use your S-Craft, as they are far more damaging than previous titles (and you even got many broken quartz to boost their damage even more). Overall, it just have the impression that the game is made easier to audience for better or worse.

The funny thing is, I didn't really rely on S-Crafts that much. I mainly just used regular crafts, buffs, AOE arts and Rean's SSJ mode once that was unlocked, heh. But yeah, I can kinda tell that Falcom had fresh audiences in mind as far as difficulty goes. I mean heck, roughly half my party had Seraphim Ring quartz equipped by the time I made it to the true final dungeon. Couple that with the generous amount of "Zero Arts" turns you get and yeah, you can pretty much kiss any semblance of balance bye bye, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I personally don't think they will do Sen 3, but it's likely it will still take stage in the Empire.

Well, even if it isn't titled Sen 3, the next title should definitely still be set in the Empire. I mean, putting aside all the loose ends left untied (some of them not even being revealed until NG+, which I admit I already spoiled myself on), we still haven't really focused on the western half of the empire yet. That, and most likely we'll be revisiting Crossbell once more since that's so deeply connected with the empire arc, as well. Geez, if it took me nearly 150 hours to beat Sen 2, then it's gonna take at least twice as long for me to beat the next installment!
Old 2015-05-26, 17:11   Link #216
marvelB

Well, I think we all saw this coming, but the next Sen sequel is indeed confirmed. Seems that it may be a while before the next entry comes out, though. And hey, a potential Gagharv trilogy remake!? Sign me up, baby!

Also, I think that article sort of indirectly confirmed that the next Ys won't be finished anytime soon either, since the Falcom president only said to look forward to Sora FC Evolution and Tokyo Xanadu for the moment (well, maybe we'll get more news about it when TGS rolls around, I guess). BTW, I find it amusing that the article uses the "Cold Steel" title despite it technically not being confirmed as the official English title for Sen just yet.
Old 2015-06-05, 12:17   Link #217
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

G-guys
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/statu...70583285063680

I really hope that they're going to put some special summary or books that can summarize third, ao and zero before actually going to release sen

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 12:26   Link #218
Kirayuki

At the very least, they can wait until after the 3rd *sigh*
Old 2015-06-05, 17:30   Link #219
marvelB

This is great news, of course.... but I have to wonder if we'll actually be able to play these localized versions BEFORE we reach the year 2020?
Old 2015-06-05, 18:28   Link #220
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This is great news, of course.... but I have to wonder if we'll actually be able to play these localized versions BEFORE we reach the year 2020?
I think it'll be alright if what they said is true
Quote:
As of this writing, not only is Trails of Cold Steel fully, 100% translated, we’re reaching the final stages of editing as well and will very soon be recording a whopping 10,000~ voiced lines for the game. You may remember Nick from his sublime work in STORY OF SEASONS; he, together with the newest addition to the XSEED team, Kris, are working together to bring you one sensational experience.

…Oh, and Trails of Cold Steel II in already in the process of being translated, so don’t you worry your silky little heads none.
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/12...s-localization

Kinda sad that they're going for dub though. Hopefully dual voice will be confirmed or something

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria