4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-06, 16:28   Link #241
seraphon

I just thougth of something.
Can someone tell me how the hell kallen ate those fish on the island with her hands tied behind her back? I sure cant do it.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:45   Link #242
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
I just thougth of something.
Can someone tell me how the hell kallen ate those fish on the island with her hands tied behind her back? I sure cant do it.
stick your head slightly into the gutter in terms of imagery.

there's a reason Suzaku was still eating his fish after Kallen was done.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 17:17   Link #243
Meloria

I'm wondering if I'm one of the few who actually like Jinn's opening song? The new opening sequence works well with it this time round. Both episode 18 and 19 kept me at the edge of my seat which hasn't been the case a few episodes ago.

Don't really have much else to say (haven't read much of the thread either) but since Lulu now has the test model mech, you think Laksharta (?) will improve on it? (13 pages is a bit much to find out if this was already suggested)
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 17:21   Link #244
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
This ep was great on so many levels. I loved how Lulu just jacked that Gawain infront of all of them. It's about time he got a knightmare upgrade.
Old 2007-03-06, 17:52   Link #245
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
The comment made by C.C about Kallen been interesting does that mean that their is chance that Kallen is about to get an geass upgrade in the future.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 19:22   Link #246
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
she was trying to hold it in but i would have preferred her to snap and mind rape that guy as well

after that CC was talking to herself again ...(she almost makes it sound like it was the "other" person who made CC get into that little scruffle O.o)
I noticed that too i was not sure if she was talking to her self or her other self but it made me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Is Lelouch dumb? Can't she just geass Euphie? She knows his most important secret and can reveal it anytime, especially when the fight will become highly bloody. Not to mention couldn't he geass Suzaku in becoming a girl?!?
Despite Euphie's delicate looks she is very loyal and strong minded, look at who she appointed as her knight while other mocked her. Lulu sees her as a little sister just Nunnley he could not do that her. Also, Euphie has had plenty of time to expose who he really is and she has not. Lulu trust her if he didnt he would not have taken his helmet off in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
This ep was great on so many levels. I loved how Lulu just jacked that Gawain infront of all of them. It's about time he got a knightmare upgrade.
I agree ungraded Frams are great now he just needs the skillz to pilot it, i like zero and for the most part i agree with his tactics but man his piloting skills suck ass. Kallen wont always be there to save his ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
The comment made by C.C about Kallen been interesting does that mean that their is chance that Kallen is about to get an geass upgrade in the future.
I got the feeling it was shock and disbelief and maybe a little irritation. It was during the scene that Deathkillz mentioned where she is talking to her self, here is the dialog.

"Seriously because of your prank, Iv gotten into a argument with a senseless man.

Kallen also has something interesting? your interest sucks!

Your just like a voyager."

Old 2007-03-06, 19:27   Link #247
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
She never said that...

Someone else posted a screenshot of horrible mis-translation of another scene in the spoiler thread too.
I don't know much about Code Geass fansubs, but the impression I get from all this is, there's a fansub out there with bad translation,
and it's causing confusion among audiences.

It's not the first time I noticed trend of strangely confused comments coming out right after fansubs started going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I got the feeling it was shock and disbelief and maybe a little irritation. It was during the scene that Deathkillz mentioned where she is talking to her self, here is the dialog.

"Seriously because of your prank, Iv gotten into a argument with a senseless man.

Kallen also has something interesting? your interest sucks!

Your just like a voyager."
Ah, so my hunch is right.
Whoever fansubbed the episode doesn't seem to understand Japanese very well... those are not the said dialog.

The second line goes like this.

「カレンまであの島に…? 趣味が悪いな! 観察者を気取って」
"...Karen is also on that island? How tasteless of you... pretending to be just an observer."

The scene where Lloyd and Schneizel are inspecting the excavated ruins is also way off, and was making up words to fill in where the translator didn't seem to understand. Check the spoiler thread for details.

I'm curious now... who the heck is responsible for these scripts?
If it comes from the same source, I'm wanna suggest you stay away from their future translation works....
Old 2007-03-06, 19:38   Link #248
ashlay
the red string of fate

^it's a group that speed subs things. (i.e., emphasis isn't on quality in the slightest)

most people know to take them with a healthy dose of salt.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 19:45   Link #249
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Thank you for let me know about the error in the translation.

The phrase are so different it very disconcerting. The one I saw make it look like Kallen may have large role to play while the second was more of second though about Kallen presence on the island with no really important to Kallen. At least now I know what was properly said. It does make wonder about other dialog in the sub.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 20:34   Link #250
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Your-Mom have been known to do a good job on a few of the past shows they've worked on (to name one, Soul Link), though i can't understand why they would do such an un-complete job like they did with episode 19 of Code Geass.
Old 2007-03-06, 20:37   Link #251
Juvyniled

It's not one of their projects (then again, do they really have a set list of projects?). And it's nice for them to make a speed-sub (considering gg is probably occupied with something else). I don't think they would have considered it if it were not for the rather slow subbing by gg.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 20:41   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats true, and as its been mention - its what they've done on a number of times in the past. Just a shock with the work done for this episode.
Old 2007-03-06, 20:44   Link #253
Juvyniled

Hurts your eyes and brings you to tears doesn't it?
Old 2007-03-06, 20:46   Link #254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Hurts your eyes and brings you to tears doesn't it?
Naah, i'll just Geass myself in the mirror, and forget it ever happened.
Old 2007-03-06, 20:52   Link #255
VetaMega

Quote:
The scene where Lloyd and Schneizel are inspecting the excavated ruins is also way off, and was making up words to fill in where the translator didn't seem to understand. Check the spoiler thread for details.
The translator understood it. The translation was purposeful. The same thing happened in your-mom's episode 18. When the King obviously says shenizel, the translation says Lamperouge. And when he says let him to what he wants, the translation says, if he has the guts let him come and challenge us. It's purposefully misleading.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 21:22   Link #256
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
I'm wondering if I'm one of the few who actually like Jinn's opening song? The new opening sequence works well with it this time round. Both episode 18 and 19 kept me at the edge of my seat which hasn't been the case a few episodes ago.

Don't really have much else to say (haven't read much of the thread either) but since Lulu now has the test model mech, you think Laksharta (?) will improve on it? (13 pages is a bit much to find out if this was already suggested)
I thought the OP song was so-so at first, but it's grown on me and with the revision to the OP video I actually really like it now.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 21:27   Link #257
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetaMega View Post
The translator understood it. The translation was purposeful. The same thing happened in your-mom's episode 18. When the King obviously says shenizel, the translation says Lamperouge. And when he says let him to what he wants, the translation says, if he has the guts let him come and challenge us. It's purposefully misleading.
No, I'm not talking about translation liberties, man.
I mean, the subtitle made up fictional "words" that didn't exist in the original line. It said something about "Tessera" when no such word was said.

The line Lloyd speaks says he's not very versed in archeology, especially ones that's supernatural.
The fansub tranlation was like "especially if it's related to Tessera".

It's not translation liberty when you make up storylines and plots, as well as names.
It's like suddenly throwing in "Lulu, I had dinner with Becky in Venice" out of nowhere in C.C.'s speech.

The translator may have heard something he didn't understand, so made up word that he accidently heard.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-06 at 21:56.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 21:39   Link #258
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Is it something i m missing but where does it say that Gawain is a 2 seater frame?

I rewatch epi 19 but cant seem to find it anywhere.

Honestly Lelouch wouldnt want Suzaku as a girl, he/she'll be in love with Lelouch! You don't want a gf that can kick your ass in martial art and a kick ass Frame pilot. Gonna be painful trying to reject her hahaha
Old 2007-03-06, 21:43   Link #259
Juvyniled

Oh god, please tell you made a mistake in that comment.
Old 2007-03-06, 21:50   Link #260
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
that's why
i'm doubt your-mom translator
ussualy i d/l from gg
but gg was so late doing the subs but i hope gg doing the subs faster than your-mom

so which parts have a wrong translation?
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote