AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 09:41   Link #3721
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Perhaps an 'exercise book'? But I suppose that's not so different from 'work book'.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:16   Link #3722
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Whoever has Google rules the world. As long as Google is still based in US, the Illuminati will base their operations there.
base their operations here? come on, that's a bit naive - the illuminati IS google !- i knew google was way too good to be true!
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:17   Link #3723
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I have a question, I'm looking for a word in English to find a particular texture with

this is what I am looking for:

Think of an old book or old school work book that you write in.
On the front you would have a small white square in which you would write your name and probably subject.
What is the name for this tag or even better the appropriate word for this work book kind of thing?
"Label" for the name of tag, "exercise book" for name of book.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:35   Link #3724
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I have a question, I'm looking for a word in English to find a particular texture with

this is what I am looking for:

Think of an old book or old school work book that you write in.
On the front you would have a small white square in which you would write your name and probably subject.
What is the name for this tag or even better the appropriate word for this work book kind of thing?
Provided that it is completely handwritten, you might want call the book a manuscript.

As for the tag, you might want to call it a nameplate.

Problem is, the word "nameplate" is a fairly modern term used in desktop publishing, whereas "manuscripts" have been around since humans started recording information in written form. So, it might be a bit anachronistic to use both words together.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 16:51   Link #3725
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Thank you very much you three =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 01:43   Link #3726
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

#Q: Why are some locks made to lock twice (two turns)? Any history/reason behind it?
Old 2010-05-21, 05:45   Link #3727
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
#Q: Why are some locks made to lock twice (two turns)? Any history/reason behind it?
With a strong but thin enough steel plate/ruler, you can lever out the lock with the latch which only has a single lock function through the gap between the door and the frame.

The double locking mechanism makes that impossible to undo the lock and the latch at the same time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-21, 09:03   Link #3728
Dorsai

Anyone can tell me title of anime/manga/fanart this two images?:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7307/dubbybday.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7992/creditse.jpg

If i ask in bad place pls tell me where can i ask about this...

Thx for reply
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 10:37   Link #3729
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Anyone can tell me title of anime/manga/fanart this two images?:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7307/dubbybday.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7992/creditse.jpg

If i ask in bad place pls tell me where can i ask about this...

Thx for reply
Second is Fate/stay night.

For the first no idea. Try the other thread.
Old 2010-05-21, 12:41   Link #3730
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is there a way to get rid of my facial hair without having to shave again? I waste about 15 minutes every morning trying to get that annoying moustache off without cutting myself with the damn razor.

(Goodness, I sound like a lolicon-ish Santa.)

Old 2010-05-21, 14:22   Link #3731
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are facial depilatories (boy that's an awkward word). But I haven't tried any yet -- yeah, for me after a few decades of shaving, I'd really rather have something I could slap on and wash off. By my wife's analysis, I should shave twice a day to avoid stubble :P
Old 2010-05-22, 03:43   Link #3732
Seitsuki
Onee!

you should be proud you have to shave every morning. it shows you're a man. me, I can only indulge once a month. grow faster dammit.
Old 2010-05-22, 06:38   Link #3733
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
you should be proud you have to shave every morning. it shows you're a man. me, I can only indulge once a month. grow faster dammit.
You're still young. The rate of growth will increase as you get older.

Cheers.
Old 2010-05-22, 07:46   Link #3734
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
You will know how annoying it is when your timetable is so cramped. Manly or not, it doesn't have any real value......it is a total annoyance for me during the past 3-4 years.

Old 2010-05-22, 14:52   Link #3735
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
And neckbeards are not fashionable at all anymore
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 15:45   Link #3736
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You could try growing one like the techno viking.

Old 2010-05-22, 21:37   Link #3737
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Aah, it's been a while since I saw the Technoviking... thanks for reviving that memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I waste about 15 minutes every morning trying to get that annoying moustache off without cutting myself with the damn razor.
15 minutes? Sounds like you're doing it wrong. I admit that even after all these years of shaving daily or every other day (because in research, nobody really cares how unshaven you are) I still come away with a number of cuts, but they're never very deep. They're the type that can leave an annoying red mark that makes it obvious that you've cut yourself, but I discovered that if you keep something like tissue or toilet paper over them for ~10 minutes, then when you peel it off it'll look as though you were never bleeding in the first place. If your face is damp then it'll stay fixed to your face and you don't have to hold it there.

What razors are you using? I'm using the Gillette Mach 3; I use Gillette or Edge shaving cream, doesn't make a big difference. Gillette sent me a free Fusion, and I've tested it but don't find it to be particularly beneficial. It does hug your face a bit tighter, but I still occasionally cut myself with it (the small bleeds, nothing deep or major). If the Fusion blades cost the same as the Mach 3 blades did then I'd probably switch over to it, but otherwise the Mach 3 works well enough for me.
Old 2010-05-22, 22:46   Link #3738
oompa loompa

I agree with Ledgem.. 15 minutes to shave a 'stache off? I've had a 2 inch long beard which only took 20 minutes to get shaven clean off ( albeit with the help of an electric razor at first - wasn't too efficient to try and tackle the beard head on with a razor)..still.. unless youre shaving with a butter knife, something is being done wrong

I'm also a believer that if possible, a guy should grow out a grand beard at least once; preferrably in college, cos the chance is probably not going to come back till you have kiddies
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:47   Link #3739
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
I'm also a believer that if possible, a guy should grow out a grand beard at least once; preferrably in college, cos the chance is probably not going to come back till you have kiddies
How all Chinese boys wish they would look with a full-grown beard:

How most of them end up looking instead:

So... facial hair for me? No thank you. Although, I do let my stubble grow out over weekends. As long as it's not more than two-days old, it does give me sort of a macho-looking five-o-clock shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
15 minutes? Sounds like you're doing it wrong. I admit that even after all these years of shaving daily or every other day (because in research, nobody really cares how unshaven you are) I still come away with a number of cuts, but they're never very deep. They're the type that can leave an annoying red mark that makes it obvious that you've cut yourself.
Sounds like you used a blunt razor blade. A sharp razor blade cuts a lot more smoothly and is unlikely to cut the skin, especially when you're using it with shaving cream or gel.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:58   Link #3740
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Sounds like you used a blunt razor blade. A sharp razor blade cuts a lot more smoothly and is unlikely to cut the skin, especially when you're using it with shaving cream or gel.
When I change for a new razor blade (blade is at its sharpest) is when I risk giving myself the worst cuts, actually. I tend to shave against the grain, and if I don't have a decent amount of hair for the blade to go through then I end up with cuts. If I don't press it to my face in the manner that I do then the risk of cuts is greatly diminished, but then it just looks like I have the facial hair shadow. My cuts aren't really cut-cuts; I can never see any visible breaks in the skin, just the little red dots of blood that heal within 10 minutes.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious