AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters in Claymore?
Clare 360 46.57%
Raki 51 6.60%
Rubel 39 5.05%
Theresa 439 56.79%
Irene 202 26.13%
Miria 298 38.55%
Helen 159 20.57%
Deneve 68 8.80%
Galatea 334 43.21%
Ophelia 107 13.84%
Rafaela 63 8.15%
Jean 179 23.16%
Riful 192 24.84%
Duff 21 2.72%
Flora 136 17.59%
Undine 36 4.66%
Priscilla 58 7.50%
Easley 94 12.16%
Rigald 75 9.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 773. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-24, 11:38   Link #501
koffy
beggar

Ow, I didnt noticed this theard before :C
Anyway...my votes:
1 - Teresa
2 - Galatea
3 - Riful
4 - Claire
5 - Miria
6 - Raphaela
7 - Flora
Old 2008-01-24, 12:48   Link #502
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
You know, Teresa really should have done the same thing every other renegade claymore did; get some new clothes once she no longer is a part of the organization. She'd be even MORE popular if she threw on black leather like Irene. It seemed Teresa was already an exhibitionist of sorts so who knows what she would have chosen as her new outfit.
I don't think Teresa had much time to even consider that. She would probably have done so after Priscilla's encounter had she survived it.

Judging from her personality, I doubt she's choose something skimpy but then I remember Irene and how I would have never thought she'd go with that chosen outfit. No no no.. don't try to ruin the image of my poise Teresa. xD
Old 2008-01-24, 18:18   Link #503
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I don't think Teresa had much time to even consider that. She would probably have done so after Priscilla's encounter had she survived it.

Judging from her personality, I doubt she's choose something skimpy but then I remember Irene and how I would have never thought she'd go with that chosen outfit. No no no.. don't try to ruin the image of my poise Teresa. xD
You mean the same Teresa that offered her body to bandits?

I kid, I kid.
Old 2008-01-24, 18:59   Link #504
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

OMG I hate you now. Never ever again try to question Teresa's behaviors.

Haha, now if this wasn't a joke I would've gone on justifying that action. Teresa = Chastity
Old 2008-01-24, 20:04   Link #505
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
OMG I hate you now. Never ever again try to question Teresa's behaviors.

Haha, now if this wasn't a joke I would've gone on justifying that action. Teresa = Chastity
I think just about every Claymore = the same in that department, although a few make you wonder
Old 2008-01-27, 13:33   Link #506
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
You mean the same Teresa that offered her body to bandits?

I kid, I kid.
Hey, if she really wanted to fend them off, she could have broken bones. A broken arm and a few missing fingers and perhaps an eye, an ear or some similar disfiguration can be fairly nonlethal. She could probably knock a bandit unconscious, dig a hole with a spade and insert the bandit upside down into the hole. (Except this might kill him if his buddies don't find him.)

I'll assume infection and compromised immune systems are not a factor. Since this is Claymore, I'll assume most shlubs have ready access to affordable medicines, knowledge and plentiful sources of food and water of good quality.

The question is why Theresa didn't bend the rule?
Old 2008-01-27, 13:44   Link #507
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Teresa in the first encounter with the bandits was fairly confident of the outcome. She knew that once they saw her deformed torso their response would be to run and hide. But for the second encounter with the one armed rapist I am not sure. It wasn't like she was in physical danger and it could also have been there to show her disconnection with humanity and things humans fear. It also emphasized her protective feelings for Clare when she saves her from being beaten. It was still really disturbing though, no matter what her motivations were.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:50   Link #508
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I think Teresa in the first encounter with the bandits was fairly confident of the outcome. She knew that once they saw her deformed torso their response would be to run and hide. But for the second encounter with the one armed rapist I am not sure. It wasn't like she was in physical danger and it could also have been there to show her disconnection with humanity and things humans fear. It also emphasized her protective feelings for Clare when she saves her from being beaten. It was still really disturbing though, no matter what her motivations were.
For the prior scenario, true. For that village raid and the would-be rape, not so much.

She did threaten her would-be rapist (if only on Clare's behalf). Still Theresa's threat is passé, because:
A) It admits weakness and confirms the rumor that Claymores are, by nature, possessed of strict professional ethics.
B) It isn't nearly as fun.

For example, putting out the would-be rapist's eyes would have reduced him to raging and sputtering wreck of a man. He'll be found screaming and raving in the woods by his fellows about "that Bitch." A shell, forever to be pitied by his comrades, or cast away like so much trash. Why, he might even go insane. That's a fate far worse than death. Remember kiddies, there are things you can deprive people of, above-and-beyond their natural lifespan.

Now, to head of the obvious argument: No, the Organization probably won't care much. They care about discretion, not ethical professional treatment of civilians in the profession of demon-hunting. Theresa is too useful to throw away and the Organization probably won't mind a few discretionary shows of power, just to make a point to the peasants that they shouldn't presume that they actually have rights while you extort them.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:35   Link #509
Noir_

This show is just drop down dead good. The main character is brought out well, and the rest too. I love it
Old 2008-01-30, 14:06   Link #510
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

woot go Irene
Old 2008-01-31, 04:38   Link #511
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Now, to head of the obvious argument: No, the Organization probably won't care much. They care about discretion, not ethical professional treatment of civilians in the profession of demon-hunting. Theresa is too useful to throw away and the Organization probably won't mind a few discretionary shows of power, just to make a point to the peasants that they shouldn't presume that they actually have rights while you extort them.
And why should they care? As Teresa and her handler suggested, the Organization might be sending the Yoma on the villages. Once Yoma are gone so is business
and then what?

And on the matter of Teresa, if she was so useful to them, why did they kill her? Are you suggesting that the MiB didn't count on the fact that Priscilla will Awaken, and that Teresa will kill them off?
Possibly...but Priscilla might have Awoken because of Ilene. Ilene kept pushing Priscilla and she forgot that she's only a kid....and a demented one at that...

Quote:
For example, putting out the would-be rapist's eyes would have reduced him to raging and sputtering wreck of a man. He'll be found screaming and raving in the woods by his fellows about "that Bitch." A shell, forever to be pitied by his comrades, or cast away like so much trash. Why, he might even go insane. That's a fate far worse than death. Remember kiddies, there are things you can deprive people of, above-and-beyond their natural lifespan.
*sniff* beautiful...
Old 2008-02-06, 11:35   Link #512
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
It's tough to decide between Teresa and Clare
Teresa seems to grow on me because of he relationship with little clare
but I like Claymore Clare best too.
So I have to go with Clare, but Teresa would be 2nd

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-02-06 at 12:32.
Old 2008-02-07, 04:27   Link #513
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
It's tough to decide between Teresa and Clare
Teresa seems to grow on me because of he relationship with little clare
but I like Claymore Clare best too.
So I have to go with Clare, but Teresa would be 2nd
I hope you noticed that you could vote for more than one character!
Old 2008-02-07, 18:15   Link #514
Kourin

1. Teresa
2. Galatea
3. Miria

The three of them made the show go from great to AWESOME. I worship them in exactly that order.
Old 2008-02-10, 09:34   Link #515
Amaloli
.::Snowdrop Crystal::.

I voted for:
1. Ophelia- i always liked crazy characters like her xD
2. Galatea- she is just gorgeous<333
3. Flora- she was an awesome character^^ too bad she diedT_T
4. Teresa
5. Miria
6. Riful
7. Irene
Old 2008-02-11, 16:25   Link #516
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Lol no
i fail ahah
Old 2008-02-11, 16:59   Link #517
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
How can I vote for another character, if I have already casted my first vote?

There are other characters whom I like to vote for.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:48   Link #518
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You can't. You only get to vote one time. If you haven't voted for ALL your favorites at that one time, then you'll have no recourse except for pouting. Sorry. Yeah, it would be a nice feature if vBulletin would allow you to add to your vote.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-15, 10:20   Link #519
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

my personal favs:
1. Teresa - beautiful, she's got wits, sooo kick ass, lovely hair, and with little Clare she showed that she's got a kind heart and that she is not a shallow b*tch who's mean to people just for fun, she's smart too
2. Galatea - absolutely gorgeous, a little too tall (1,85 cm) for my taste though, she must be the most wity of them all :P
3. Miria - beautiful, probably the most inteligent of all claymores and curious(that's got ot get her in trouble, but it wouldn't be fun if it didn't though )
4. Irene - smart, kind hearted though she doesn't show it much, great body and looong legs, I was shocked that she could look so good in ep. 13-14, got all the "serious, grumpy,straightforward Irene" erased, and there was a cool, good looking Irene there
5. Clare - liked her from the start, it showed a nice personality under that pretty,but glumy face (I think she would look better if she gained a few pounds and not be so thin though, but no hard feelings)
6.Flora's got this innocent expresion on her face, and that voice, it's like she's telling you a bedtime story plus she's got a nice body
7.Helen is the more sporty type, but in the good way, no needless muscules, still in good shape
8.Deneve is like the "cold beauty" type, everything in her is measured, she's pretty, nice body,smart, but somewhat rashness, not ordinary,also not a bur but you will notice her when she walks in to a crowded room, but gives off the vibe "who do you think you are, to think you have the right to look at me, huh?"

*The darkness will rise from the deep
And carry you down into sleep...*
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...
Old 2008-02-15, 14:10   Link #520
yurifan

teresa is so superbbbb.. even when she was young while she's met Rafaela.
Closed Thread