AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 21:14   Link #7641
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Since there's so many reasons to list, he just went with a simple "Because I can't stand it!" answer.

At least he didn't handle it as poorly as Yuzuriha did.

Oh, and Aki, that credits page was for you and anyone else who loves the Hucks getting all the screentime
Old 2013-03-15, 21:23   Link #7642
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, in any case was a good thing Thoma was there. I mean who else could just stand still and watch during Cypha and Quinn's fight, right?
Old 2013-03-15, 21:24   Link #7643
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wasn't much of a fight. Cypha certainly had it under control.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:30   Link #7644
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Of course but I mean Thoma is the main character right? And he is the Zero user, right? And he has the Silver Cross, right?

And what do they send him to do: "Stay here and watch them fight"

I mean, even when he goes to stop Cypha all he can say is: "Don't because I say so"

I just think he might not be main character material. He even get confuse with what he was doing and what he was told to do in such moment.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:39   Link #7645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, well, he was also following orders, and using the Bible's scanning modes to gather information.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:42   Link #7646
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I still rest my case on he really didn't add much to this. Just standing there and now being force to go away... just saying.

By the way I notice Quinn was call "Octopus" by Maria... is that suppose to mean something or did I read that wrong?
Old 2013-03-15, 21:49   Link #7647
Kurohane

I guess its short for Octopus brain from earlier for Quinn losing her temper so easily.
Old 2013-03-15, 21:58   Link #7648
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I still rest my case on he really didn't add much to this. Just standing there and now being force to go away... just saying.
You don't understand the value of military intelligence, do you? Here was an opportunity to understand how both Cypha and Quinn fought, and their powers. And remember when Lindy and Chrono were going to let Fate use up her power or be killed over the ocean? The TSAB isn't above letting their opponents wear themselves down before stepping in. Watching Cypha and Quinn served two purposes:

1. Gather information on the fighting abilities of both
2. Make one or both wear themselves out/make themselves weaker, making a capture that much easier.

Just standing there? Hardly.

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles... if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu, the Art of War
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:06   Link #7649
Kurohane

^ On the other hand, it shows how much they unexpectedly trust Cypha to leave Thoma with her alone.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:08   Link #7650
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

So, in the end, he did nothing. Right there the master of strategy. Stand still and don’t move a finger and they just leave without telling anyone what you discover and how to deal with this. Sun Tzu will be proud.

But more important: Octopus brain? Octopuses are really smart and not that aggressive creatures, what is even the point to call someone “Octopus brain”?
Old 2013-03-15, 22:09   Link #7651
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ On the other hand, it shows how much they unexpectedly trust Cypha to leave Thoma with her alone.
Well, I'm fairly certain the Bureau is also aware that Curren wants Thoma to join them of his own free will and not be forcibly taken, so Cypha's likely under orders not to bring him in. Also, he wasn't alone, having Lily with him and being monitored by Cinque and Signum and Agito.

Quote:
So, in the end, he did nothing. Right there the master of strategy. Stand still and don’t move a finger and they just leave without telling anyone what you discover and how to deal with this. Sun Tzu will be proud.
Christ, you're at it again; now you're ignoring the main points of the information. He was gathering the data, which is in just about ALL military operations analyzed and acted upon during mission debriefing AFTER the mission ends.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:09   Link #7652
Kurohane

Well, Mariya obviously doesn't know that fact. She does say all four of them were delinquints, while on the way to SS6 base.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:17   Link #7653
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

So why they need to insult the poor and smart octopuses by compare them with the Grendel family? Japanese people and their hate for everything that lives in the ocean.

In any case Thoma still didn’t do much all things consider. He needs to work on that
Old 2013-03-15, 22:40   Link #7654
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
In any case Thoma still didn’t do much all things consider. He needs to work on that
The irony of this statement, and more particularly who it is coming from, is giving me giggle fits.

And, btw, the way, he is taking custody of Quinn, after letting Cypha do the dirty work of incapacitating her. I'm not sure how you think that is "doing nothing." Though I suppose the tactic of "let someone else do the work for me" is beyond your understanding.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:48   Link #7655
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Since there's so many reasons to list, he just went with a simple "Because I can't stand it!" answer.

At least he didn't handle it as poorly as Yuzuriha did.

Oh, and Aki, that credits page was for you and anyone else who loves the Hucks getting all the screentime
You're aware of what happened to the Huckebein robots in the newest game, right?

And obviously Touma couldn't interfere, he was distracted by Cypha teaching him he has to get stronger by maiming someone half her age.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:59   Link #7656
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
You're aware of what happened to the Huckebein robots in the newest game, right?

And obviously Touma couldn't interfere, he was distracted by Cypha teaching him he has to get stronger by maiming someone half her age.
I dunno about you, but that's how I get stronger in RPGs.
Old 2013-03-15, 23:01   Link #7657
Kurohane

Quote:
So why they need to insult the poor and smart octopuses by compare them with the Grendel family? Japanese people and their hate for everything that lives in the ocean.
We don't need this discriminatory statement, Sansker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I dunno about you, but that's how I get stronger in RPGs.
What game are you guys's talking about?

Anyway, anyone else find it intresting they had regular troops stationed at roadblocks, when they had to deal with Eclipse Infected? Also what did Erio mean by that things escalated this far because the criminals are so young? Quite frankly, he of all people shouldn't be one to say that.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-03-16 at 01:16.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:29   Link #7658
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
By the way I notice Quinn was call "Octopus" by Maria... is that suppose to mean something or did I read that wrong?
"Tako" (octopus) is an insult I often see used in anime.

As for Thoma, this was a tutorial battle for him, basically. It was a learning experience and there wasn't much of a need for him to do anything anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Heh, I'm aware. I was considering using a pic of that chick (dunno her name) saying something like "So I hear you have a Huckebein problem."
Old 2013-03-16, 00:36   Link #7659
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, they've called themselves the "Shady leads of FORCE" for a reason xDU

Finally watched the full chapter. My opinion still stands, this chapter finally gave Cypha some legitimate badass points because she finally get to face an opponent on equal conditions and showed just how superior she is to Quinn.

As for Tohma observating the fight well, considering he was previously trounced by Carter of all people i guess it's justified he decided to take the backseat on this fight ...also Cypha provided some exposition about EC powered attacks which at least is constructive.

Next Chapter is the revisiting of a well-known milestone event, let's wait for it xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:48   Link #7660
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

And Thoma will be still there to do nothing and just watch. Our hero ladies and gentleman. He will use his brilliant tactic of getting his ask kick, being recue by girls and then boss around by everyone to save us all.

I never heard the word “Octopus” used as an insult in anything. I think jus being one of the Grendels could be bad enough in terms of not being very bright.

Tags
manga, nanoha force