AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 22:05   Link #2301
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
I expect Yuna to be quite irritated this season what with traveling with nothing but dudes. Excluding, Eden (who I doubt will travel with 'em) she has to be with five guys. So yeah that's gotta suck for her.
Thats why we need... Sonia!

She can find a friend on her!
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:43   Link #2302
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Her friends(Arne and Komachi) who were caught died in Babel Tower, she even fought Schiller thinking they were still alive.
When did she say that? My Japanese kinda sucks but I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything like that in this episode. Furthermore, Geki was shown to be just fine in episode 53 and he was in the Babel Tower as well, so Yuna's friends are probably alive too. There's really no excuse for Yuna's out-of-character attitude in this episode.

On another note, I noticed that Yuuna overpowered the two Pallasites fairly easily from the moment she decided to fight seriously, even though she still wasn't wearing her new cloth. That makes Soma look pretty bad, considering his lack of fighting prowess in episode 53.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-04-21 at 00:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:14   Link #2303
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
So Shiryu is voiced by Ken Narita.
He seems to be the go-to replacement for the late Hirotaka Suzuoki nowadays. I'm just glad Shiryu will finally speak again.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:36   Link #2304
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
This episode had pretty good art. There's something different about the colors in this new season that makes the clothes stand out and look prettier, it's not only the new designs - even Souma's new cloth that didn't look very good in screenshots was nice to see in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
On another note, I noticed that Yuuna overpowered the two Pallasites fairly easily from the moment she decided to fight seriously, even though she still wasn't wearing her new cloth. That makes Soma look pretty bad, considering his poor demonstration of fighting prowess in episode 53.
Except we're not talking about the same opponent. Yuna and Souma OHKO'ed the twins side-by-side here.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:42   Link #2305
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Except we're not talking about the same opponent. Yuna and Souma OHKO'ed the twins side-by-side here.
Their rank was the same, so there's no reason to believe the Pallasite from episode 53 was more tough than these two. And from the moment Yuna got her fighting mojo going on the twins couldn't do anything against her anymore. Souma joined the fight but I don't think Yuna needed his help at all, all things considering.
Old 2013-04-21, 00:47   Link #2306
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Their rank was the same, so there's no reason to believe the Pallasite from episode 53 was more tough than these two.
Sure there is. They must be equals because they're all rank 3? Well, that's like saying every Gold Saint, for instance, is the same, which isn't the case.
Not to mention the bee guy (who had an annoying, distracting skill) was ordered to attack Palaestra (a "house of Atena" where there are veterans Saints) while the twins were aiming just Yuna. These twins even looked like pushovers.

Anyway, different fights, different opponents, different situations. That's no way to make comparisons in shonen.
Everything else in your post was just speculation, since Yuna would still get Kouga's help and Souma just replaced him.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:52   Link #2307
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Sure there is. They must be equals because they're all rank 3? Well, that's like saying every Gold Saint, for instance, is the same, which isn't the case.
Not to mention the bee guy (who had an annoying, distracting skill) was ordered to attack Palaestra (a "house of Atena" where there are veterans Saints) while the twins were aiming just Yuna. These twins even looked like pushovers.
I have no reason to believe he's stronger just because he attacked Palaestra. After all Souma himself said there was no security there, and the new students aren't even saints. Basically, at that moment the place was supposedly an easy target, which was the reason they attacked it in the first place.

Quote:
Everything else in your post was just speculation, since Yuna would still get Kouga's help and Souma just replaced him.
It's not speculation. Yuna had overpowered the twins from the moment she decided to fight seriously. She wasn't even wearing her cloth yet, but they couldn't even get close to her because her cosmos had overwhelmed them.

Clearly, she didn't need neither Kouga or Soma's help. They were going to help because they were there. Heck, it was pretty obvious Kouga could have handled twins on his own too, but he stalled the fight because he wanted to snap Yuuna out of her funk.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-04-21 at 01:04.
Old 2013-04-21, 01:04   Link #2308
Parry999

Quote:
When did she say that? My Japanese kinda sucks but I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything like that in this episode. Furthermore, Geki was shown to be just fine in episode 53 and he was in the Babel Tower as well, so Yuna's friends are probably alive too. There's really no excuse for Yuna's out-of-character attitude in this episode.

On another note, I noticed that Yuuna overpowered the two Pallasites fairly easily from the moment she decided to fight seriously, even though she still wasn't wearing her new cloth. That makes Soma look pretty bad, considering his lack of fighting prowess in episode 53.
Her parents were killed by Martians then she joined the saints and was told they fight for justice. The saints killed her master and one basically Rooffied her and the guy she liked beat the shit out of her. Why would she want to fight again anyway? When hasn't Soma looked bad his character became pointless when sonia died.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 01:14   Link #2309
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Her parents were killed by Martians then she joined the saints and was told they fight for justice. The saints killed her master and one basically Rooffied her and the guy she liked beat the shit out of her. Why would she want to fight again anyway?
She knew most of that stuff in the first season and she still kept fighting. So why would she hesitate now? Why didn't she abandoned the fight then if she couldn't handle it.

The point is that at that moment, during the first season, she could handle all that stuff, but now because the writers needed some cheap drama and are creatively bankrupt, she's suddenly an emotional wreck. Thanks god it was only for one episode, but it still was a horrendous piece of bad writing.
Old 2013-04-21, 01:18   Link #2310
Parry999

Quote:
She knew most of that stuff in the first season and she still kept fighting. So why would she hesitate now? Why didn't she abandoned the fight then if she couldn't handle it.

The point is that at that moment, during the first season, she could handle all that stuff, but now because the plot call for it and the writers are creatively bankrupt, she's suddenly an emotional wreck. Thanks god it was only for one episode. But it was still a horrendous piece of bad writing.
WHo was also a emotional wreck in 52 koga I don't see how it bad writing its called a holy war for a reason its makes sense that they would have ptsd.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 01:21   Link #2311
Kazu-kun

^ Kouga just thought the fight had ended. He didn't know there was a new enemy, and he got himself together the moment he learned about it. Yuna's case is different. She already knew there was a new enemy, but still was hesitating, and that's out of character from her, specially after all she went through in the first season.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-04-21 at 02:42.
Old 2013-04-21, 02:46   Link #2312
Ozuma

@Kazu-Kun

Seems to me you're letting your personal feelings affect your rational judgement holmes.

Also considering the events that transpired in the last war against the Martians I don't blame Yuna's whacked mood. There is absolutely nothing fun or easily endurable about a Holy War.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:57   Link #2313
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Seems to me you're letting your personal feelings affect your rational judgement holmes.
Not at all. Also, holmes?

Quote:
Also considering the events that transpired in the last war against the Martians I don't blame Yuna's whacked mood.
The guys are okay. Souma even lost Sonia, but he got over it. Am I supposed to buy that Yuna, who was portrayed as emotionally stronger than Souma and the others in the first season, is now an emotional wreck? That's character inconsistency.

But whatever. This is getting circular. Let's just move on.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-04-21 at 06:18.
Old 2013-04-21, 11:15   Link #2314
ShiroiRyu

http://www.pixenli.com/images/1366/1...2093103200.jpg

YEP !
She won some breasts size !
And i have looked at the episode 3 ... for that.
Koga is the first one she see after her mask is destroyed.
Old 2013-04-21, 11:32   Link #2315
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I find it funny how third class Pallasites keep looking down on bronze saints even though they're both the lowest rank of their respective armies. And it's even funnier that they think they can beat a guy who killed a god ("you may have beaten a god but you're still a bronze saint"; awesome logic). If anything, they should cowering in fear.

This episode was pretty bad. Hated what they did to Yuna's character. She's never been afraid of fighting on the contrary. She's always ready to fight to protect the people dear to her.

I can't wait to see Shiryu again in the next episode. I'm happy he's voice by Ken Narita. He did a brilliant job as Suzuoki's successor in Unicorn.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:17   Link #2316
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find it funny how third class Pallasites keep looking down on bronze saints even though they're both the lowest rank of their respective armies.
It's not surprising, it's normal to look down on people when you think you're better than them, especially when they have a position similar to yours. It is funny though.

Quote:
And it's even funnier that they think they can beat a guy who killed a god ("you may have beaten a god but you're still a bronze saint"; awesome logic). If anything, they should cowering in fear.
They were probably trying to pump themselves up by deluding themselves.

Quote:
This episode was pretty bad. Hated what they did to Yuna's character. She's never been afraid of fighting on the contrary. She's always ready to fight to protect the people dear to her.
Considering the stuff she's gone through, it's not odd to have a little hesitation. What's important is that she got past it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 13:54   Link #2317
Ozuma

I wonder if anyone in this thread can honestly say they wouldn't be shit pants scared after enduring the holy war from last season?
Old 2013-04-21, 13:58   Link #2318
luizdelavega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find it funny how third class Pallasites keep looking down on bronze saints even though they're both the lowest rank of their respective armies. And it's even funnier that they think they can beat a guy who killed a god ("you may have beaten a god but you're still a bronze saint"; awesome logic). If anything, they should cowering in fear.

That's true, haha! Its curious that they dont be afraid of Kouga. For exemple, Kouga and other new bronze saints have a lot of respect for Seiya, because of his historical as killer of Gods. The normal was that tertiary Pallasites have a little respect for Kouga too.
luizdelavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 14:00   Link #2319
luizdelavega

Hi everybody!!! I'm new here (only new posting, because I follow this forum since Omega started to improve my English with yoy guys hehe)

I understand Yuna's feelings. I think its ok and normal to be afraid fighting again after find out that you can live in peace and happy with your people.

And C'mon, Yuna is just 14 years old, I cant blame her - or even the writers - for being divided between a simple and happy life with her people and the desgrace of a new Holly Battle.

But I loved this episode. This was pretty good and very well produced.

Raki is so awesome, so "full happiness" haha. I liked so much the way she tried to protect Yuna risking her life even being a little brat. I think she will be a amazing female Aries Saint in the future.

And I pretty liked the new cloths of Yuna and Soma, but mainly the Yuna's new Cloth, very beautiful.

That new season started very well, these first 3 episodes accomplished what I expected from them.

Ansious for the Horrible Subs english HD Release.

See ya!
luizdelavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:08   Link #2320
Ozuma

@Kazu-Kun

Yuna was emotionally mature in the behaving "mature" that contrasted with Souma's joking demeanor, and Kouga's "I'mma get there and kick some ass without thinking straight". The idea of heading into a battle which could cause a possible massive loss of a life is a different story.

Yuna was able to keep her cool after Aria was kidnapped because she wasn't dead. She was the only one who didn't sulk over it like crazy like Kouga because she knew they could change things. Moreover, facing off against the gold saints(who are insane power houses) then Abzu-Kouga who wrecked all of the Bronze saints including Yuna. Sure it may seem like something minor and not worth obsessing over but when your friend, Koga who every once in a while is corrupted by his darkness Cosmo and turns on his friend It's plenty bad. The first time it seemed like a breeze the second time it's failure on epic proportions and in the process you are massively curbstomped.

Lastly, I might mentioned in the finale of season one she was quite worried that Kouga wouldn't return after defeating Abzu. If Kouga had died then that would be two people she's lost (first Aria and then Abzu). Her childhood background is that she comes from a war torn area and saw plenty of death so her portrayal here is nothing short of accurate.

Tags
action, shounen