AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-08, 17:33   Link #261
typhoon

hello all...i go by typhoon....im a big fan of anime...

and i just recently came across Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha..it looks great...i just watched the first episode...but it was in Japanese..

i looked on the licence page and didnt find it....so i hope im not breaking any rules in asking if anyone has seen it...on tv or downloaded...with sub titles....i like that more than just english subs...

thank you and i think your forum and website here is terrific..

Ciao bella !

typhoon
Old 2007-04-08, 17:39   Link #262
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's still unlicensed atm so it's still ok to discuss fansubs of DtB. Shinsen is working on subbing it so you gotta wait a bit before epi 1 comes out. (don't ask when it will come out)
Old 2007-04-08, 17:42   Link #263
typhoon

domo arigato Jazzrat...i know that was probably spelled wrong..hehe

i'll keep a look out....thank you again

typhoon
Old 2007-04-08, 17:43   Link #264
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
"Since Cowboy Bebop I had again gone to request a favour from Mai Yamane-san after a long time, and am having her sing the emotions of a man beyond help."
OMG! Are we gonna have another Gotta Knock a Little Harder?! Please say we will!

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-08, 19:03   Link #265
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I put up the Full Lyrics to the song the other day if anyone wants them.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2007-04-08, 20:29   Link #266
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Sub is out! Can't wait to watch.
Old 2007-04-08, 20:45   Link #267
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Sub is out! Can't wait to watch.
more like can't wait till it finish downloading
Old 2007-04-08, 22:00   Link #268
sabret00the

Just watched Ep 1. Though the artwork isn't great IMO. the series does have a lot of potential.
Old 2007-04-08, 22:12   Link #269
jedinat

Really nice first episode imho. Nice animation, interesting though still mysterious premise. I like what I've seen of the main character so far. (he seems to drift between timid and competent in delicious ways )
Old 2007-04-08, 22:42   Link #270
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I just noticed that when Hei goes into agent mode he has Ginko eyes (from Mushishi). Anyway, is Hei a contractor or is he just an agent who can kill contractors?
Old 2007-04-08, 22:52   Link #271
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I just noticed that when Hei goes into agent mode he has Ginko eyes (from Mushishi). Anyway, is Hei a contractor or is he just an agent who can kill contractors?
I think he's supposed to be the medium of a contractor (whatever that is)? I have a feeling the girl you see glimpses of is "his" contractor... that's my guess.
Old 2007-04-08, 23:03   Link #272
Kahoko879

Thumbs up

THIS SHOW IS FREAKIN' AWSUM i just saw it and even though i understood very little it was still intresting and i go into it like i did with ghost hunt..
ANYWAY WHERE CAN I GET THE SUB TORRENT FOR THIS ANIME ICOULDNT FIND IT HERE ON ANIMESUKI PLZ TELL ME ....
Old 2007-04-09, 00:23   Link #273
Joojoobees

Finally got a chance to watch this subbed. I can definitely say it was worth the wait. I already knew the artwork and music were wonderful, but now I am fully sucked into the storyline. There seem to be so many interesting puzzles established in this episode, and yet it doesn't seem to be spinning out of control. I wonder how much we'll have in place place after episode two is over.

I really like the investigative angle they are are working. Maybe I should say the double-investigative angle. It really seems like a world where everybody is unsure of something, and learning the truth may be the most unpleasant result of all.
Old 2007-04-09, 02:09   Link #274
StrawHatLuffy23

Can anyone tell me where you can get the sub?
Old 2007-04-09, 05:27   Link #275
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

This isn't doing it for me, for some reason. The animation is typical Bones, and some of the attention to detail is outstanding, but all the characters at this stage seem fairly bland, and I could see the plot following a fairly cliched path. Obviously it's early days, but cop-team anime are notorious for having stoic, flat characters (eg, Witch Hunter Robin, GITS:SAC, although the latter redeemed itself in other departments). I suppose what makes this different from that is that the focus is split between the cop-team and couple-on-the-run (Lee and Haraguchi). The setting is probably the most intriguing thing about this series at the moment, and I'll be interested to see if they explore their universe and how it came to be that way.

I'm hoping Bones plans on being innovative with the premise somehow, since they have a history of doing so with their anime, but if it follows a standard course for this type of series, I could see it becoming dull. I'm a little pessimistic about this title, but with Bones at the helm, it's foolish to write it off at this stage.

Edit: Forgot a vital word

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2007-04-09 at 08:04.
Old 2007-04-09, 06:22   Link #276
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorro-K
but if it follows a standard course for this type of series, I could see it becoming dull.
It has been stated that this series will follow a bi-episode structure of short-stories/cases, although whether there will be an overall plot is unknown.

Basically, if you did not like Witch Hunter Robin (Aka what is considered "typical"), you'd probably not like DtB.

Last edited by Eclipze; 2007-04-09 at 07:11.
Old 2007-04-09, 06:36   Link #277
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Mushishi proves that there's no reason why an episodic anime can't be good. However, anime like Mushishi don't come along often, otherwise it wouldn't be so celebrated.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:22   Link #278
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Mushishi proves that there's no reason why an episodic anime can't be good. However, anime like Mushishi don't come along often, otherwise it wouldn't be so celebrated.
True, but if one were to compare DtB to other similar series, shows like Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop would come to mind instead of Mushishi, since the overall story settings are too different (Granted that I've not watched Mushishi before...).

Then again, if DtB turns out like Cowboy Bebop, I'd be really happy.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:45   Link #279
wao
OK.

I highly highly doubt this will really turn out like Cowboy Bebop. The mood and atmosphere is just quite different... and it seems a lot less "adulty" and "stylish" in the style of CB. It feels a lot more subdued to me... which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think if it's got anything to do with Mushishi it's the whole harem tons of girls thing. Ginko and Hei both have special 'powers' most others don't have and encounter people (mostly girls) in varying situations involving this 'power', and do something about it.

Meanwhile there are also occasionally other people with this 'power' and stuff... In Mushishi the theme is the whole Mushi world with the Kouki and all of that, but in DtB it's the contract, the fake skies and the Dolls and kansokurei etc.
And DtB is obviously a lot more action-oriented, because while the Mushishi world has been like that all the time and is part of nature; the DtB settings have more of a "something happened and now it's like this, so we've got to find out the mystery behind it" - so one assumes there is a conclusion and something will be done about it. Therefore the action... and of course there's much more rivalry among the people with the power.

And the other thing is how clearly dichotomous Hei appears to be (or is his real self treading a middle ground?) I think one scene that really got me in episode 1 was after Haraguchi/Shinoda ran off after teh park encounter, and his innocently surprised Li face - which felt so genuine - morphed into a suspicious, dark Hei face. That really said a lot to me. As a silly fangirl it worked perfectly on me because I was really going with the flow and being all excited and swoony over him and then to realise that all that could have just been a complete facade...

...Maybe he's an evil Ginko in modern times with a mission to fulfil. Yeah.
Old 2007-04-09, 08:30   Link #280
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm happy i'm not the only one that see's Ginko in Hei for all the wrong reasons.

Tags
action, supernatural