AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 14:57   Link #781
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A little more than a year has passed since the first volume of TLR. Reading the Darkness section of Jump SQ the other day reminded Mikan is still in elemantary school. Can you believe that? She's making me feel like such a pedo... ah, whatever.

I don't know about the other characters, but Mikan has definitely grown a bit. Her character design has also changed a LOT since the beginning of the manga, I was shocked when I browsed through volume 1 again. See for yourself:

Spoiler for Space:

She looks so much cuter now. Her hair is sex, too.
Yeah,but Mikan should be in her last year and moving into Middle School.

I think that is more Art style change than Character growth, though that prob is a contributing factor.

Well, Timeline wise - First 50 chaptes or so dealt with the first year.

At some point (chap 107) the second year began to loop. (Summer unform- Winter Uniform - Summer Uniform (Noting that it was just fall) - Winter (Showing Chrismas) - Summer (Near the End)

At the end of TLR, it was warm weather again, so I took that as them nearing (but not quite arriving) at 3rd Year.
Old 2010-11-30, 19:06   Link #782
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
A little more than a year has passed since the first volume of TLR. Reading the Darkness section of Jump SQ the other day reminded Mikan is still in elemantary school. Can you believe that? She's making me feel like such a pedo... ah, whatever.
Yeah... you pedo.

All anime characters look and act older than they are anyway, so it's fine. I watched the first movie of Broken Blade and when I found out the age of one character, I was shocked.

Quote:
I don't know about the other characters, but Mikan has definitely grown a bit. Her character design has also changed a LOT since the beginning of the manga, I was shocked when I browsed through volume 1 again. See for yourself:

Spoiler for Space:

I would say that's all character design, which is normal in all manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yui had her boobs get bigger - this being a canon part of the story as well.
I think you're mixing up the manga and the anime...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Yeah,but Mikan should be in her last year and moving into Middle School.

I think that is more Art style change than Character growth, though that prob is a contributing factor.

Well, Timeline wise - First 50 chaptes or so dealt with the first year.

At some point (chap 107) the second year began to loop. (Summer unform- Winter Uniform - Summer Uniform (Noting that it was just fall) - Winter (Showing Chrismas) - Summer (Near the End)

At the end of TLR, it was warm weather again, so I took that as them nearing (but not quite arriving) at 3rd Year.
You're putting too much thought into. They just have wacky weather.
Old 2010-11-30, 19:07   Link #783
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Maybe it's because Mikan is going over puberty, that or she's excited at Rito. xD. Damn mind is going out of control again.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 20:02   Link #784
wingman32x

Lol, Mikan's nothing in terms of looking older than her age.

I was reading a series called Hetakoi, and the guy is about to hook up with some downright stunning 17-18 year old girls...only to find out that they're both 13. They have to be the most overdeveloped 13 year olds ever. They could easily pass as 18 year olds. I still can't believe it. Manga does stuff like this a lot, but in this case it was scary.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:49   Link #785
Zoofranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Maybe it's because Mikan is going over puberty, that or she's excited at Rito. xD. Damn mind is going out of control again.
I imagined Rito saying "A-Ha! Who's at "that age" now?!" to Mikan inmediately after reading that
Zoofranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 02:12   Link #786
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

Spoiler for Space:

It's nothing new for a manga artist's subtle design style to change over time. Yui's art style looks quite different now from when she first appeared too. (and imo she looks far better now)

If you want to see a real change in ow art style changes over time, find some of the first volume of Jinki and compare it to volume 3. Then compare it to anything from the last volumes of Jinki: Extend or to Jinki: Relation. But be warend; the art style from Jinki volume 1 might be.....hard on the eyes.
Old 2010-12-01, 05:01   Link #787
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Here's one of the posters

Spoiler for Warning Ecchi:
You, sir, are my hero. That's a helluva nice spread with the dual pair of sisters.

Quote:
I don't think there's an official ranking or anything. All I can tell you is that Mikado is the biggest, and Mikan the flatest (or is it Nana? A closer inspection is required).
That's a pretty concrete statement there. A lot of the other characters like Kyouko, Run, Oshizu, Rin, Aya and Risa occupy that gray area where it's hard to get a accurate read on their bodily stats. Though I would probably say Momo is at least > than Haruna, and that Yui & Lala are closely fighting over the #2 slot. Lala might of been slightly ahead last time we've heard, but with the manga's constant mention of Yui's growth, who knows if Deviluke's princess still retains that same lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
All anime characters look and act older than they are anyway, so it's fine. I watched the first movie of Broken Blade and when I found out the age of one character, I was shocked.
It's not just limited to characters looking older, anime in general simply likes to exaggerate certain features and turn social normalcy on its head. Invertly, there are adults who look much younger than they actually are, "girls" who you would have no idea are traps unless explicitly stated otherwise, and I probably don't even have to mention impossible breasts which defy all laws of gravity and reasonable chances of natural growth.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 06:24   Link #788
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's nothing new for a manga artist's subtle design style to change over time. Yui's art style looks quite different now from when she first appeared too. (and imo she looks far better now)

If you want to see a real change in ow art style changes over time, find some of the first volume of Jinki and compare it to volume 3. Then compare it to anything from the last volumes of Jinki: Extend or to Jinki: Relation. But be warend; the art style from Jinki volume 1 might be.....hard on the eyes.
I know. It's just that To Love-ru's changes have been so gradual that I hadn't even noticed them, so I was quite surprised when I went back to volume 1. Yabuki's art has definitely improved a lot (I wonder how far he will go...?). Mikan is definitely the character that has changed the most in my opinion.

I don't know Jinki, but I doubt anything beats Jojo's bizarre adventure when it comes to artstyle change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
That's a pretty concrete statement there. A lot of the other characters like Kyouko, Run, Oshizu, Rin, Aya and Risa occupy that gray area where it's hard to get a accurate read on their bodily stats. Though I would probably say Momo is at least > than Haruna, and that Yui & Lala are closely fighting over the #2 slot. Lala might of been slightly ahead last time we've heard, but with the manga's constant mention of Yui's growth, who knows if Deviluke's princess still retains that same lead.
Yeah, there's a good chance Yui will surpass Lala soon. I think Momo is right below Lala now, giving a few more years and...

Poor Nana. Must be tough to see her younger (yup!) twin experience such a stunning growth while she remains flat as a board.
Old 2010-12-01, 06:30   Link #789
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think you're mixing up the manga and the anime...?
No, her breast growth was mentioned in the manga.
Old 2010-12-01, 06:40   Link #790
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I don't know Jinki, but I doubt anything beats Jojo's bizarre adventure when it comes to artstyle change
Oooooh, I wouldn't be so quick to judge that.
Old 2010-12-01, 06:44   Link #791
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oooooh, I wouldn't be so quick to judge that.
Really? I'll have to check this out then. Too bad it doesn't seem like there are a lot of scanlations around.
Old 2010-12-01, 07:47   Link #792
Freeter
beyond

Blog post with pics of chapter 3 NSFW

Full script was leaked on 2ch also:

Spoiler for ch 03 script:

Spoiler for ch 03 brief summary:

Next chapter will have another color spread, guess Darkness is making SQ sell like hotcakes

Last edited by Freeter; 2010-12-01 at 08:30.
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 08:08   Link #793
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

WTH?

Rito on the offense already, damn he moves quickly

lol you would think it was a offical h-doujin from Yabuki-sensei just by going by them 3 pics alone
Old 2010-12-01, 08:09   Link #794
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow...

Spoiler for chapter 3:

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-12-01 at 08:28. Reason: My link's useless now
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 08:27   Link #795
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh wow, what you know I wasn't so far off the mark
Old 2010-12-01, 08:28   Link #796
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I'm surprised. I figured their sizes would have been in the volumes or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No, her breast growth was mentioned in the manga.
Ah, my fault. You mentioned canon so I thought you were talking about how the size changed between the two anime series and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Quote:
Wow...
Yes... wow is an understatement.

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 3:
Yeah... good thing I didn't bet anything, haha.
Old 2010-12-01, 08:29   Link #797
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Rito on the offense already, damn he moves quickly
Spoiler for Ch 3:
Old 2010-12-01, 08:30   Link #798
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

... Spoiler tags.
Old 2010-12-01, 08:30   Link #799
Kanon