AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 02:46   Link #1701
Starburst
Horo♥

That's a good Yuki. I didn't buy her though, I liked the Haruhi better.

My reason not buying that Yuki though was more because if I did, I'd have to buy Mikuru, and I didn't like her figure.

I like one of the school Uniform Yuki's by Alter? as well as the Alter one where she's in a swimsuit. But they're not really dynamic at all. And the one is really only attractive because it's a rather tight swimsuit she's wearing.
Old 2009-07-20, 03:06   Link #1702
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Prayer View Post
The picture won't display for me, so I'll ask my question :3

Is your user icon the figure?

Yepp, It's exactly the one in my avatar and signature ^^

I've bought her just here: http://www.artetokio.com/english/kojika.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
So, I'd like some feedback on the different Japanese import figure preordering sites, Japan-based ones specifically. Is Hobby Search the best? I just saw a figure that'll come later this year, and I wanna get it. I'm afraid to preorder from the Americans. :shock:
And for those having troubles with Kitsune's Kokonoe Rin picture, here's a direct link (NSFW): http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=4277075
Kitsune, you know that when using the [img][/img] BBCode, you're supposed to link directly to the picture, not the page where the picture is?
Well, the upload site I used directly gives you the [img][/img] code so I don't know where could be the problem, maybe it's cause the picture is too big xD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 05:24   Link #1703
Asf

Quote:
for those having troubles with Kitsune's Kokonoe Rin picture, here's a direct link (NSFW): http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=4277075
I have yet to be able to view that image at uploadhouse.com any of the times I've tried.
The site itself seems to be having capacity problems.

In regards to buying the Rin doll, I just want to say, damn, at 100,000 yen or so, that's some love right there.

I've collected the manga, TV series DVDs, OVA DVDs (including manga LEs), manga fanbook, TV fanbook, soundtracks, character songs, drama CD, Nendroid Rin, and started buying Comic High! every month, but all of that together doesn't add up to the cost of that one doll.
Asf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 07:44   Link #1704
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
Spoiler for too long:
Just to update this little story a tad. They're really making up for it now...

The item was supposed to arrive at their warehouse on the 13th and they claimed that if all went well they'd get it out the same week. I received an email with some updated information stating the item had arrived in their warehouse on the 16th, or at least, that it was now there on the 16th. Could have arrived anywhere inbetween the 13th and 16th. They requested confirmation of my shipping method to which I quickly replied. They also quickly replied stating they would pack the item right then and there on the 16th.

I received my invoices on the 20th with my shipping number and input it into USPS's website only to find it was still not in their database. The item had yet to ship still. So on the 21st, again I emailed and got a reply stating the manager had to take it to the post office and was on his way to do so as of 5:30pm PST. It is now the 23rd 8:45am EST and the item is still not in USPS's system.

10 days beyond their ETA at their warehouse. One week since they packed my item. And 2.5 days since they stated it was on it's way to ship...

They're really dragging their feet on this one.

The last time I got these sorts of answers with these sorts of outcomes, I'd ordered a $12,500 Ver.7 complete drivetrain swap on my '99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS which was lost in the mail (which I got all my money back on). I hope this is not the case again.
Old 2009-07-23, 08:05   Link #1705
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I have a bit more to add to my Toyslogic story as well. I finally got an email saying my order for the Clannad trading cards was canceled, instead of the perpetual "delayed" emails I've been getting since last November. And yet, if you go to their site, this item is still listed as up for pre-order with a release date in August. I don't think they even have any idea what they do or don't have in stock.

On a similar note I received an email saying my Nagisa and Kyou figure set shipped. Two weeks ago. Have seen no trace of it. I'm actually expecting the email that the order was canceled any day now. Apparently to them "shipped" means "we didn't actually get the item in and we're going to wait a few more weeks to tell you, and also charge you for it and give you a refund later". It's already happened with the alarm clock and the cards so a precedent is definitely set.

(Also to clarify I am not an idiot who continues to do business with them despite all the stuff I am complaining about, I made all these pre-orders before any of this started happening. Rest assured I will NEVER order anything from them again.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 19:36   Link #1706
Kollunz

Getting a display case.

Hi everyone, I need some help. After years of seeing my gunpla and a few figures collect mountains of dust, I've decided to get them a display case. I've always wanted to start collecting more figures and model kits, but lacking an actual nice place to put them in has prevented me from buying moar. I went on dalong.net and saw that he keeps his massive model kit collection in some very nice, tailored for figure cases, as seen here
http://dalong.net/review/sp/gal/dgg.htm

Dalong also linked to where he bought his display cases
http://www.3pcase.co.kr/shop/shopdet...e=044000000005

It's in korean and I'm pretty sure I can't order from that place, I don't even know how much that thing costs >__>.

Does anyone have a site where I could get myself a nice decent case to start storing my collection?

I want to limit my budget for about 200 dollars(for now), but I just want to know the general price for a glass display case.
Kollunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 06:53   Link #1707
Vital Regions

Joining in on the Toyslogic nonsense, I have a preorder that I've had in place since early December of last year for the Hetalia One Coin trading figures. Those have been delayed 3+ times, despite everyone that ordered them anywhere else already has them. Mine still have not shipped and there's a rerelease planned for August. Needless to say, I preordered the rerelease with Hobby Search. Sigh. I just hope this crap doesn't happen with any of my other preorders.
Vital Regions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 07:09   Link #1708
Starburst
Horo♥

@Kollunz, depending on where you live, you could always hit up IKEA. I've seen some nice setups using their Detolf and Billy shelving units. One example is at Poly Vinyl Crush.
Old 2009-07-24, 07:36   Link #1709
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital Regions View Post
Joining in on the Toyslogic nonsense, I have a preorder that I've had in place since early December of last year for the Hetalia One Coin trading figures. Those have been delayed 3+ times, despite everyone that ordered them anywhere else already has them. Mine still have not shipped and there's a rerelease planned for August. Needless to say, I preordered the rerelease with Hobby Search. Sigh. I just hope this crap doesn't happen with any of my other preorders.
Good thing you pre-ordered that rerelease elsewhere because your chances of ever seeing that first order are about zero. I've never gotten anything I was told was delayed. Actually I've never gotten anything I preordered at all. Even if you ignore that track record, the fact that an item would be delayed 3 or more times is pretty suspicious, especially when everyone else already has them.

As far as display cases go I actually got mine from a store that was going out of business and liquidating everything. Not a case that they were selling, an actual store display case. It's huge and given the circumstances it only cost just over $100. Not exactly an option you'd commonly come across but if you have a place shutting down near you you could take a look.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 17:44   Link #1710
dfens

That site in Korea I did some research it's about 230 US dollars not bad, but that's over seas.

Most ones state side for something similar easily costs 300-400 and up. And most places don't sale them, I know I looked and was willing to spend the dough.

I currently use a detolf from ikea not bad for what I paid, which was almost free but I hate how their are gaps that require dusting every 4-6 months or so. Plus I wish the shelves were a little more sturdy. Your not really going to find anything better and readily available.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 02:13   Link #1711
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Of everything that's currently on display at WonderFest '09, this caught my attention the most.....

Of course there are tonnes of other good looking figs on display and regular posters in this thread are advised to seek out the rest of the pix at the risk of financial ruins.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 02:18   Link #1712
dfens

Holy $hit Triela figure I'm pre-ordering the second it's available, hell I may buy 2 one to display and 1 to keep in the box mint.

Looking at the display stand it looks like it's from Good Smile Company the same as the henreietta PVC from a few years back. The figure was great but the crappy stand is too small and the pegs allow for leaning.
Old 2009-07-26, 02:27   Link #1713
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Looking at the display stand it looks like it's from Good Smile Company the same as the henreietta PVC from a few years back. The figure was great but the crappy stand is too small and the pegs allow for leaning.
You still have your Etta-chin ? Mine is kept mint selaed in box as you can :-

With the box wrapped in a layer of plastic to boot.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 12:20   Link #1714
dfens

I have the etta figure right next to me as I type in a display case. The box is mint in the closet, I could put her back in the box and you would never know it was opened except the slits on the tape.

I really wanted the poster the triela figure was based off of, which was the cover image of one of the Dengeki mags. It was framed and signed by Yu Aida but it was only sold in japan auctions for the one I could find and they wanted too much money. I think it went for over 200USD I would buy it if I saw it in person.

Last edited by dfens; 2009-07-26 at 20:22.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:45   Link #1715
Teshiro
What the deuce?!
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Teshiro
Any good e-shop you could recommend me to buy this stuff in? Maybe it was already mentioned in some earlier posts, but it's easier to ask then to actually going through the whole topic
Old 2009-07-27, 04:39   Link #1716
Sciel
Etoilé

Just received my Alpha x Omega Lala from HLJ .
The packing is rather bad . Basically they just put the figure's box into a box thats about the same size , taped it and sent it . No bubble wrapping whatsoever . The box was dented a bit on the left . While I'm normally not one to nitpick on such things i feel they could really have done a better job with the packing.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 11:31   Link #1717
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshiro View Post
Any good e-shop you could recommend me to buy this stuff in? Maybe it was already mentioned in some earlier posts, but it's easier to ask then to actually going through the whole topic
Like some others have recommended to me, some of the more popular online stores to buy from are Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Search, etc.
Reposting feedback:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I think Hobby Link Japan is widely considered the best. Great selection, great prices, and really fast shipping if you select EMS. I've literally gotten a shipping notification and received the item in the same day. I've heard that they'll occasionally cancel preorders but it has never happened to me and I have pre-ordered a ton of stuff from them.

No idea on other people's opinion of these but they have both been extremely reliable for me:

CD Japan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp. Their site layout is pretty ugly and sometimes they don't get figures that HLJ does, but they also get a lot of random items HLJ doesn't. They also have incentives for frequent buyers. I'm pretty impressed with their communication as well, they notify you quickly of any change to the order such as shipping cost being more than originally expected, and even wait for your permission to continue with the order in that event. Also very fast shipping.

J-List. Run by an American-born guy living in Japan who is also a fan of the otaku subculture. They have a comparatively small selection and slightly higher prices but I really love the whole East-West connection feel of the site. The news blurbs about Japanese culture from the owner's point of view are especially really interesting. They also have a ton of weird items you'd be very unlikely to find anywhere else. One warning though, the site is VERY NSFW.

I guess I kinda went outside the realm of just figures there but as I mentioned HLJ is very likely your best bet there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I mostly use Hobby Link Japan and consider them the best they been around hell nearly 10 years or more maybe even longer and always top notch service way back then. Only had 1 pre-order canceled in all my orders. But I consider Hobby Search a close 2nd place talked to a few friends who used them and they said they were pretty good.

They both have the same prices but Hobby Search is harder to navigate and order from, plus the whole payment process is a little harder. What I really didn't like is that they have japanese people who respond to all your questions and complaints in pretty bad broken english. While HLJ has american people on staff.
And I have Kudryavka preordered from Hobby Search, yay. I was gonna use HLJ, but I waited too late and they put an Order Stop on it.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 11:58   Link #1718
Teshiro
What the deuce?!
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Teshiro
Quote:
Like some others have recommended to me, some of the more popular online stores to buy from are Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Search, etc.
Reposting feedback:

And I have Kudryavka preordered from Hobby Search, yay. I was gonna use HLJ, but I waited too late and they put an Order Stop on it.
Much appreciated, thanks.
Old 2009-07-27, 13:20   Link #1719
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
@Kollunz, depending on where you live, you could always hit up IKEA. I've seen some nice setups using their Detolf and Billy shelving units. One example is at Poly Vinyl Crush.
that is an insane collection that guy at polyvinylcrush.com has..

How much do most of you spend do you think in a 6 month period?
I tend to only really spend $500-$600 a year on figurines.
Old 2009-07-27, 13:35   Link #1720
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I spend an average of about 300 SGD (200+USD) per month. My largest single spending on figures was some where around 1200 - 1500 SGD (800 - 1000 USD).

I've been cutting down and limiting myself to Maxfactory and Goodsmile Company, which are insane at releasing new products.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote