AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 05:09   Link #1
canza

Your favorite anime relationships that never came true (SPOILERS!)

Ok so when watching anime, of course there's usually pairings of couples. However, sometimes we want to see pairings we enjoy, but in the end, it doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure you guys wanted a pairing that in the end didn't happen. So, what are they? Give reasons for your pairings and release your sadness.

YasurixKiguchi from Katanagatari. I have no idea why I chose this, but I pretty much knew what was going to happen to Togame, so yeah.

HarimaxYakumo from School Rumble. I hate Pie so much that it's not even funny. I'm still waiting KJ!

AmixRyuuji from ToraDora. Ryuuji, you chose the wrong girl.

FukudaxAoki from Bakuman. I wanted to see this for a while now. I don't care for Hiramura as much.

TsudaXMitsuba from Seitokai Yakuindomo. Judo girl is way to damn cute and if you know what's good for you Tsuda, you'll pick the right one.

HitoyoshixKikaijima from Medaka Box. I don't give a shit how perfect and beautiful Medaka is. I just want to see some swimmer girl action dammit.

RyuxChun Li from Street Fighter series. Yeah, it might not be categorized as anime, but I really like these two characters, and hey, they're both single. Especially Ryu, that guy needs to take a damn break.

So let me here 'em guys.
Old 2011-01-08, 05:17   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Does it neccessarily have to be romantic. One of the relationships I wished was more developed was Shirou and Ilya's brother-sister relationship in Fate/Stay Night (Visual Novel)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:05   Link #3
Gault
inc_mplete

Ramal and Isara of Valkyria Chronicles , atleast some sort of kiss would've sealed the deal before THAT incident
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 10:28   Link #4
kitten320

Motoko/Keitaro (Love Hina) - it was ages since I last watched and read the series but the pain never dissapeared... There was so much chemistry and development happening between them that it was simply heart breaking to see him merry someone else... Considering the fact that the one whom he merried didn't change much =/
Seriously, Keitaro opened some of the best parts of her character and he also got stronger thanks to some of her teachings and still nothing -_-
This pain will never go away.

On smaller scale...
Kuroko/Misaka (Index/Railgun) - sadly it will never happen no matter how nuch Kuroko tries. The Touma/Misaka just don't click with me. I would prefer Touma/Himegami or Index instead.

Tomoya/Kotomi and Tomoyo/Sunohara (Clannad) - Tomoyo/Sunohara had nice chemistry and humour around them while Tomoya/Kotomi was swetter than Tomoya/Nagisa for me.

Kanda/Miranda (D.Gray Man) - a complete crack but quiet hilariouse in my opinion.

Yomi/Kagura (Ga-Rei) - a lot of reasons of why it couldn't happen but I think that they had great chemistry between them.

Kagura/Seasshoumaru (Inuyasha) - we had some slight hints but that's it =/ And I always thought that they worked well together. Sesshoumaru/Rin is just big NO in my book.

Medusa/Stein (Soul Eater) - doesn't look like it will ever happy, but they are such a cool and creepy pairing

Only anime based so far:
Tsukune/Inner Moka - I wanted to kill him for what he did to poor Ura-chan at the end of second season. Hope manga won't follow that path.
Old 2011-01-08, 10:32   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by canza View Post
TsudaXMitsuba from Seitokai Yakuindomo. Judo girl is way to damn cute and if you know what's good for you Tsuda, you'll pick the right one.
Well Tsuda is going for the harem route so no time for an actual relationship with any girl while he is at it. But this relationship I would actually have liked to see since the student council members are sorta random, but the Judo girl is actually a little normal just being confused by all the perverted jokes that go around her.
Old 2011-01-08, 12:46   Link #6
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

My entire childhood was based around Ash x Misty.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 12:58   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Motoko/Keitaro (Love Hina) - it was ages since I last watched and read the series but the pain never dissapeared... There was so much chemistry and development happening between them that it was simply heart breaking to see him merry someone else... Considering the fact that the one whom he merried didn't change much =/
Seriously, Keitaro opened some of the best parts of her character and he also got stronger thanks to some of her teachings and still nothing -_-
This pain will never go away.
I assume you're talking about the manga primarily but there were moments in the anime as well. Yeah, this is the one that also left me saying bad words about how the moral appeared to be stubbornness wins over common sense. The *story* gravitated towards Motoko and Keitaro - the development of relationship and character was extensive, so the author had to wrench the steering wheel and put the story into a spinout to get to its final solution.

It was also the first 'romance harem' anime/manga I'd ever encountered so I suppose it set me up for the hundreds of series to follow where I'd end up saying "why on earth do they keep picking type X when type Y or type Z seem to make more sense in terms of the story, never mind what I might like" Are these guys just unable to write? Thankfully, I've come across a few gems where the author *knew* how to write a romance.
Old 2011-01-08, 13:06   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For me, it's
Spoiler for Sand Chronicles:

Shoukichi x Miko, Kamichu. If you watched the show, you know what I mean.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:41   Link #9
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I assume you're talking about the manga primarily but there were moments in the anime as well. Yeah, this is the one that also left me saying bad words about how the moral appeared to be stubbornness wins over common sense. The *story* gravitated towards Motoko and Keitaro - the development of relationship and character was extensive, so the author had to wrench the steering wheel and put the story into a spinout to get to its final solution.

It was also the first 'romance harem' anime/manga I'd ever encountered so I suppose it set me up for the hundreds of series to follow where I'd end up saying "why on earth do they keep picking type X when type Y or type Z seem to make more sense in terms of the story, never mind what I might like" Are these guys just unable to write? Thankfully, I've come across a few gems where the author *knew* how to write a romance.
Yeh, since anime basicly stopped on Motoko's sister's first appearance, then skipped hell lot and we got Love Hina Again OVAs...

Actually for me Love Hina was the first anime I have ever watched (Pokemons don't count) and back then I could really relate to Motoko's character, even now I can still relate to it.

So yeh, I was in big dissapointment
By concentrating on them so much, author gave fake hopes.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:09   Link #10
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'm going to get shot for saying this
But HimekoxSouma from Kannazuki No Miko.
I fell in love with this pairing. I really did. They are my most favorite non-canon couple in all of fandom, pretty much. Adorable. >////< Souma IS a good guy, a perfect gentleman to Himeko and he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets just because "he's not a woman". Gimme a break, yuri fans. Just because it's a yuri series doesn't mean I have to like the main yuri couple. And I didn't. I just didn't. I even tried to...but I can't.
And ChikanexHimeko fans, I've been down this road SO many times, so if you feel the need to attack me, a simple "I respectfully disagree" would suffice instead of negative reps and/or a "OMG YOU SHOULD DIE!!! " comment. You won already so please don't sit there and bash me for a different opinion, okay?
*sigh*

AyumuxHiyono from Spiral. I don't think it's totally hopeless though. I know neither one is dead or has another love interest....

IchigoxRyou from Tokyo Mew Mew. I got so mad that they didn't get together that I dropped the manga.....

LuciaxSumire from Venus Verses Virus. This is an example of GOOD yuri. They are so damn canon.....but nothing.....

UtauxTadase from Shugo Chara. This is my own crack pairing. I just like them...a lot. Okay, so it had to do with a dream I had LOL I just don't like her and Kuukai together.

SuuxNikaidou from Shugo Chara. Not really possible considering what Suu is but I thought they were so cute together. XD FYI, this is also the scanlation group's favorite pairing as well.

NanohaxYuuno Soooooo cute. X3

TenmaxHarima I wonder if I'm the only person on earth who wanted these two together? I found it sweet how he decided to change just for her.... And I hate Karasuma. With a passion. He's so damn annoying. XD A STICK has more personality!

Other couples come to mind but since their manga counterparts have not ended, I will still cling to hope.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-01-08 at 15:17.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 14:29   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyukusa View Post
Oh lol thank god theres someone else that thought the same!

I never thought much about the romance side of things back then but you just kinda had a little thought floating about that they would make for a nice couple
And now thinking back on it, I really do think it was wasted opportunity.

Also scratch another vote for Motoko X Keitaro (Love Hina) - that needed to happen, I may not have disliked Naru but I hardly came to like her either. Motoko was by far the better character between the 2.

Ami X Ryuuji (Toradora) - This is one of my all time favorite relationships that I just love yet at the same time is one of the very few that totally irks me as well simply cause I knew it was never gonna happen(thank god for doujinshi)

Welkin X Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) - Purely my own fanfic fantasy but one I would like to see anyway. Kinda like Selvaria either joining the Gallia army or already knowing Welkin and the both kicking it off

Hei X Misaki (Darker than Black) - meh what can I say I just really liked this pairing more than any others even more so than Yin.

Mugi X Mio(K-On!) - Not sure how this one actually came about but I like this one alot. I know alot of people go for Mio X Ritsu becuase of their history and all but I think more enjoyable one would be Mugi X Mio(and yet again thank god for doujishi!)

Sousuke X Tessa (Full Metal Panic) - I got nothing against Sousuke X Chidori in fact I like that couple quite alot but I do like Tessa more so I will go with her.

Sugisaki X Harem (Seitokai no Ichizon) - Only one of the very few guys I approve of that should have a harem but if I had to pick a favorite within the harem it would probably be Minastu.

Shino X Danjou (Open Sesame) - I'm a sad puppy for not seeing this happen especially after what happened in the 2nd last chapter.

Gangryong X Madoka/Hyumi/Vera (Veritas) - Now this one really annoys me cause it didn't/won't happen. If some are wondering why Vera, well even if she's a total evil bitch I still love her and I do think they would make for a nice couple

Shizuoka X Okiura (Umisho) - This series has finished but the scans haven't caught up yet, altho if this follows normal shounen romance then I figure whats already happened therefore I don't see this pairing happeneing. Altho if by some miracle it doesn't follow the norm then well this may happen but I wouldn't get my hopes up on this.

Thats it for now, if anymore come to mind post em later.
Old 2011-01-08, 15:02   Link #12
Chiibi

Quote:
I know, huh.

It was just plain WRONG for them not to hook up.
Old 2011-01-08, 15:12   Link #13
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

Quote:
same!!! I wanted them SO bad.

also, LightxL... that's such a long shot but it never stopped me from wishing/hoping xD
Old 2011-01-08, 16:44   Link #14
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Tomoya/Kotomi and Tomoyo/Sunohara (Clannad) - Tomoyo/Sunohara had nice chemistry and humour around them while Tomoya/Kotomi was swetter than Tomoya/Nagisa for me.
I was hoping for TomoyoxTomoya, especially in the second season when, you know, something big happens and you see Tomoyo being a teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well Tsuda is going for the harem route so no time for an actual relationship with any girl while he is at it. But this relationship I would actually have liked to see since the student council members are sorta random, but the Judo girl is actually a little normal just being confused by all the perverted jokes that go around her.
I guess that's true, but they seem so good together even if it's a harem. Her voice is so damn cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

TenmaxHarima I wonder if I'm the only person on earth who wanted these two together? I found it sweet how he decided to change just for her.... And I hate Karasuma. With a passion. He's so damn annoying. XD A STICK has more personality!

lol, let's just say you're a rare kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Ami X Ryuuji (Toradora) - This is one of my all time favorite relationships that I just love yet at the same time is one of the very few that totally irks me as well simply cause I knew it was never gonna happen(thank god for doujinshi)
AGREED AGREED AGREED

Quote:
I don't even care anymore. I'm just hoping Ash knows what love IS. It's been 10 years and he hasn't given hint of truly liking someone.
Old 2011-01-08, 17:01   Link #15
jedinat

Youko x Shoukei x Suzu (12 Kingdoms)

Vash x Meryl (Trigun)

I know there have been a few that I felt strongly about, but generally I try not to remember anime/manga I've dropped and deleted in disgust.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:04   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh man, felt like a list of heartbreaks...Lets see,

From [Black Cat] there's Leon/Eve. Waited and waited for it, but nothing happened... Had to Write two fanfics just to quell my raging disappointment.

From [Shounen Onmyouji] there's Genbu/Taiin. I mean, it's suppose to make sense right?! They're always hanging around each other! Well to be fair it's not entirely disproved I think... Just that it didn't happen on screen.

From [Nanoha] there's Chrono/Fate. This one drove me crazy, I was practically in redrawal for a long time.

From [Blood+] there's Kai/Irene, almost forgotten about this series. They had a good thing going (for one episode) until you-know-what-happened...>.>

From [Shaman King] there's Hao/Jeane. Sure it's crack, but can you image how awesome it would be when it- IF it had happen?! Damn that "Melody of the Spirits" cover picture for giving me hope!

From [Working!!] there's Jun/Yachiru. Poor, poor, poor Jun... Well technically it's not completely hopless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
Ramal and Isara of Valkyria Chronicles , atleast some sort of kiss would've sealed the deal before THAT incident

Gah! Completely forgotten about that one!

Old wounds... Opening...

Quote:

Tai x Sora from Digimon for me childhood... I mean, it totally made sense right?! What's going on here?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:42   Link #17
Chiibi

Quote:
lol, let's just say you're a rare kind.
This I know. Well, actually my friend who introduced me to School Rumble may feel the same way....because we had a conversation like this:

Me: "You know, lots of people like Harima with Eri or Yakumo"
Friend: "What? Noooo!"
Me: "I know, cause, they're not who Harima's in love with! He likes Tenma!"
Friend: *nods his head* "Yeah!"

lulz. I have an ally. XD It seems that when a guy is suffering through unrequited love, I can't help but root for him. Especially if his girl is stuck with a total derp. XD I feel bad for him!

Oh, add TrainxEve to the list.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:42   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tai x Sora from Digimon for me childhood... I mean, it totally made sense right?! What's going on here?!
Oh yea how could I forget about that one, toatlly made sense.
Thing here is I stopped watching Digimon after a couple of seasons, so I never saw what happened to the old gang, wasn't till much later on I find out about it and was like "WTF no way, really she got together with that other emo chump?!"
Old 2011-01-08, 21:00   Link #19
kitten320

Quote:
I was hoping for TomoyoxTomoya, especially in the second season when, you know, something big happens and you see Tomoyo being a teacher?
Sadly Tomoya/Tomoyo never clicked with me... I just couldn't see it even after that special/OVA episode =/

If go on crack side then I'll name some, warn you now... they all are cracks

Ritsu/Mugi (K-ON) - I like Mio/Ritsu but after that "date" episode, this pairing just wouldn't leave my mind.

Teresa/Irene (Claymore) - I simply find it hilariouse, such a nice chemistry

Yuma/Cynthia (Claymore) - they have some of the best moments together.

Sasori/Sakura (Naruto) - always liked Sasori and their fight was quiet interesting. Besides it could involve a lot of creepy moments

Hidan/Temari (Naruto) - love ShikaTema but I also like this brutal crack, it would be one scary match up.

Shizuru/Nao (Mai HiME) - I'm big ShizNat supporter but I can easily see those two working out since Nao is similar to Natsuki. And with Nao's grudge towards Shizuru it work even better, also Nao and Natsuki still can fight each other

Jakotsu/Banlotsu (Inuyasha) - one of the rare yaoi that I really like, like their close friendship and Jakotsu was one of my favorite characters.

Touko/Yumi (Maria-sama) - series are not over but I know that Yumi will go for Sachiko anyway, too bad. I actually think that her attachment to Touko is far bigger and I have several reasons to why I think so.

Soi Fon/XXX (Bleach) - I actually can pare her with almost everyone I do like YoruSoi but wouldn't mind to see something with Hisagi/Byakuya/Ggio Vega...

Wish there were more fanworks with those.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:58   Link #20
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

From [Working!!] there's Jun/Yachiru. Poor, poor, poor Jun... Well technically it's not completely hopless...

!
I hate Yahiyo. Seriously, she can at least pay attention to someone else besides the boss for at least five freaking minutes. It's not like she's a lesbian right? Well if she is, then more power to her. But if not, GIVE JUN A CHANCE YOU B****. Sorry, got a little carried away.