AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 07:36   Link #381
zztop

Do any English translations of the RDG: Red Data Girl novels exist?

If not, are there any plans to do a fan translation of the novels or any Animesuki threads where we can read/discuss future plot developments in the novels?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 07:57   Link #382
Bern-san

From what I know, there aren't any translations of the novels and if you want to discuss them you can make a thread in the manga section of the forum.

I hope the subs for episode 11 don't take too long. It's going to suck if the anime ends with the plot incomplete... I'm starting to like the Izumiko and Miyuki interaction, although you notice how there's been a lot of things cut which make the development a bit weird.
Old 2013-05-26, 09:49   Link #383
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Somewhere.

If you want to confirm it I can send you the raws. I can't read them myself so I don't know if it's true.
"Somewhere"?

Thanks, I already have the books, I'm planning to read them after the show is over (mostly to know more about the triplets), so I can do a summary of the last volume if nobody else does it until then.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:18   Link #384
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
"Somewhere"?

Thanks, I already have the books, I'm planning to read them after the show is over (mostly to know more about the triplets), so I can do a summary of the last volume if nobody else does it until then.
Cool, man! You wouldn't mind giving spoilers for the novel's plot details and ending for us anime-only viewers once the show's finished, would you?
Old 2013-05-26, 22:40   Link #385
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Don't really care about the romance between Izumiko and Sagara since it's been done half-heartedly. All I want to see is Sagara get one over on his bastard of a father just once...
I agree about papa, but I'm finally beginning to feel the romance a bit. I wouldn't say it has been done "half-heartedly." I'd say that Uchiyama Kouki is just not playing the character in a way that makes romantic sense. He has been too harsh, not leaving any gap for feeling to creep in. Whether that's his fault or the fault of the director or sound director, I don't know.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:46   Link #386
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The romance here is certainly a lot more subtle, than we normally see, but I think it's there, especially when either Izumiko or Miyuki get pouty about their problem of the week.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 10:17   Link #387
zztop

Re ep 10:

What sort of costumes are Izumiko, Miyuki and the student council wearing for the festival? Are they some kind of ninja outfit?
Old 2013-05-28, 10:47   Link #388
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I agree about papa, but I'm finally beginning to feel the romance a bit. I wouldn't say it has been done "half-heartedly." I'd say that Uchiyama Kouki is just not playing the character in a way that makes romantic sense. He has been too harsh, not leaving any gap for feeling to creep in. Whether that's his fault or the fault of the director or sound director, I don't know.
Yeah, Hayami's tone has changed from the early episodes, but Uchiyama still plays Miyuki much like he did in the early episodes. I think ultimately it's an adaptation issue, though. I bet they've cut a lot of Miyuki x Izumiko interactions, so the romantic development has been too choppy. In ep 10 I found it pretty jarring when Izumiko not only started sulking about Miyuki spending time with the himegami, but actually voiced her frustration to Miyuki. I was like... okay, so when did their relationship evolve to this level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Re ep 10:

What sort of costumes are Izumiko, Miyuki and the student council wearing for the festival? Are they some kind of ninja outfit?
I think they're kuroko, kabuki/etc. stage hands. They're dressed in all black and have their faces covered because kuroko are supposed to be "invisible" as they move about on the stage.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:14   Link #389
zztop

Quote:
I think they're kuroko, kabuki/etc. stage hands. They're dressed in all black and have their faces covered because kuroko are supposed to be "invisible" as they move about on the stage.
Thanks for the update!

One reason I'm loving this show is the Japanese cultural elements that make up its base. One minute you're discovering aspects of Japanese religion and beliefs, then you're discovering most of the places depicted in the series ARE in fact, real and very visitable(esp. the Togakushi/Kumano/Takao-san temples).
Old 2013-05-31, 05:23   Link #390
EroKing

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-31, 09:02   Link #391
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 09:46   Link #392
HandofFate

damn Episode 11
Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2013-05-31, 16:15   Link #393
Bern-san

Episode 11 was awesome but they can't end it with that cliffhanger
Sometimes I think I ship more the Mayura and Manatsu more than Sagara and Izumiko But I don't think that right now it's a good idea for Sagara to accept Mayura's proposal.

Hayami Saori's performance in the final scene was quite good.
Old 2013-05-31, 16:24   Link #394
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Sometimes I think I ship more the Mayura and Manatsu more than Sagara and Izumiko But I don't think that right now it's a good idea for Sagara to accept Mayura's proposal.
It doesn't help that Mayura and Manatsu have more chemistry and even sexual tension than Miyuki and Izumiko...

But in any case I think Miyuki was right not to accept Mayura's proposal. Even if it sounds like a good idea, in the long run it would just hurt everyone involved.
Old 2013-05-31, 19:03   Link #395
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
It doesn't help that Mayura and Manatsu have more chemistry and even sexual tension than Miyuki and Izumiko...

But in any case I think Miyuki was right not to accept Mayura's proposal. Even if it sounds like a good idea, in the long run it would just hurt everyone involved.
There's definitely some weird sexual tension going on there... How am I to interpret Mayura's comment that she can only be with Manatsu?

As for Izumiko and Sagara, I like their pairing. I've liked it from the first few episodes. I guess I'm just a sucker for this type of dynamic.

Episode 11 was great. Good to see Takayanagi knocked down a few pegs, and it's also good for people to finally realize Izumiko can pwn them if she gets serious.

I am still left wondering if Wamiya resembling Takayanagi has some significance, seeing as we now know that the goddess is Izumiko from an alternate timeline. Perhaps she somehow enslaved/morphed Takayanagi into her spirit servant?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 12:08   Link #396
Kazu-kun

Just watched the last episode. As expected they used the climax of volume 5 as ending and left most of the content from volume 6 out, including the final showdown between Takayanagi and Izumiko. It pisses me off a bit because this ending kind of pushes Izumiko aside from the leading role, since it centers more on Miyuki....

Oh well, at least it was a cute ending. lol
Old 2013-06-01, 13:30   Link #397
Bern-san

So it has 12 and not 13 episodes? I'll wait for the subs to watch it but I hope we get an OVA like kuromitsu suggests or after watching it I'll just find novel spoilers
Old 2013-06-01, 15:24   Link #398
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
There's definitely some weird sexual tension going on there... How am I to interpret Mayura's comment that she can only be with Manatsu?
Their relationship is so deeply (and a bit(?) unhealthily) involved that I think there's a little bit of everything in there...

Aside of their already strong bond that comes with being triplets which is further strengthened by Masumi (as he can only exist as Masumi when the other two are together and "in sync"), I think the main issue behind everything is that Mayura lives in a crippling fear of losing Manatsu. Manatsu knows this and he's worried about Mayura, which is why he wanted to die and become like Masumi (or rather, what they thought Masumi was) so Mayura could be free of this weight and they could still be together. He eventually changed his mind, but this way they appear to be back where they started... at least this is what comes across from the anime, but for my part I can't believe that the Togakushi incident had no resolution and things just resumed to go on as normal. (Maybe the resolution is delayed, though - in ep 10 Masumi mentioned that he felt that something was off about Mayura, but so far there's no clear hint as to what.)

So I think that while their feelings for each other may have romantic elements, it all stems from a very strong attachment and a fear of being left as a "part" of something that used to be a "whole." Er, I hope this makes sense.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-01 at 16:13.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:28   Link #399
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
So it has 12 and not 13 episodes? I'll wait for the subs to watch it but I hope we get an OVA like kuromitsu suggests or after watching it I'll just find novel spoilers
As far as I know there's only one more episode left - 12 in total.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 09:40   Link #400
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep12:
Great work by Hayami Saori. Quite the season for her, with this, Yukino in Yahari Ore, and Leviathan all at the same time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo