AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2007-01-23, 22:31   Link #301
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
And as for a 'no CD' patch, I think it exists, I downloaded the 'no CD' and 'no DVD' patch. I don't know if they actually work though.
Not to sure if i can ask this (though it might of been released officially), though do you know where i can get a hold of it from?

Edit? I've been told, thanks.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-01-24 at 16:00.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 14:47   Link #302
Question
Crossdresser

Erm....why hasnt anyone posted that the team translating the game released a "chapter 1 preview" up to the first battle recently?

I would post the link but i lost it myself.

Edit : Found it : http://www.soylations.com/site/

Last edited by Question; 2007-05-27 at 14:58.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:21   Link #303
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I would so love to play this game. It sucks that a game like this could never have a chance of being picked up. I finished the series a few weeks ago and I really love this show. It everything I can relate to playing favorite RPGs myself. So much of it reminds me of 'FF', 'Lunar', and especially 'BOF'. I wouldn't mind picking the game up. I bookmarked all the sites listed here that give info. on some of the story.

I'm assuming the translations are for the PC version? I wonder how significant or unsignificant the adult aspect of the game was in comparison with the PS2 version. I know they are pretty much 2 versions. One is 18+ and the other is 15+. But I wonder if removing the content changed anything in particular.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 02:51   Link #304
Question
Crossdresser

Console versions never have adult content. The patch is for the PC version which does have adult content.
Old 2007-06-18, 09:19   Link #305
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I wonder how significant or unsignificant the adult aspect of the game was in comparison with the PS2 version. I know they are pretty much 2 versions. One is 18+ and the other is 15+. But I wonder if removing the content changed anything in particular.
Well, if the adult content was a selling point to you, then it did remove something in particular. But seriously, I have the PS2 version of the game, and what they did was enhance parts of the story to make up for the missing adult scenes. The game (just like the anime, of course) stands on its own well without them. The PS2 game also features full voice-acting from all the anime cast (including Hakuoro), which adds a lot to the game IMO. Of course, though, there most likely won't ever be a patch for the PS2 version of the game, so you'll have to wade through the Japanese. All in all, I don't think you'd do wrong at all with the PS2 version of the game, if the adult content isn't something you'd miss.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 21:12   Link #306
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Erm....why hasnt anyone posted that the team translating the game released a "chapter 1 preview" up to the first battle recently?

I would post the link but i lost it myself.

Edit : Found it : http://www.soylations.com/site/
So they are currently translating the game into english??? and then it will be out for download, and it will be in english???
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 22:34   Link #307
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
So they are currently translating the game into english??? and then it will be out for download, and it will be in english???
It's a Japanese commmercial game that's for sale, so it'll never legally be able to be downloaded for free. The translation would be made available as a patch so that people who already have the game can play it in English.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:08   Link #308
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
The English patch has been released~!
http://mirrormoon.org/node/239

Thank you Mirror Moon <3

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:54   Link #309
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^

MASSIVE WIN!

thank you Mirror Moon
Old 2008-02-09, 10:22   Link #310
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
While we're at it, is there a voice patch for Utawarerumono PC ver.? Like for Kanon, Clannad etc. (voices taken from PS2)

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:45   Link #311
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

What's the optimal point/skill allocation to power game this series? Going in I have no idea how to assign points to any of the characters.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 21:53   Link #312
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
What's the optimal point/skill allocation to power game this series? Going in I have no idea how to assign points to any of the characters.
Basically, put it all on Karura. At that point you can more or less solo the rest of the game with her.
Old 2008-02-17, 14:27   Link #313
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Basically, put it all on Karura. At that point you can more or less solo the rest of the game with her.
Er ... to put it bluntly: no. She will not be able to solo anything on her own, as her def is made of paper. She is a glass canon: can obliterate stuff, but needs someone to watch her sides, because if she gets surrounded it hurts.

That aside ... finished the game and having mixed feelings over it. There is plenty of creativity behind the plot, but it was put together in uncreative and somewhat clumsy way. The "peaceful life" moments sometimes felt draggy and boring; sometimes they were interesting (i will give props to the humor - it made me chuckle quite a bit ), at other times it was simply tedious. The battles did a good job in adding momentum to the game, but overall i felt the anime to be much more balanced in handling this aspect.

There is an aspect where the game crashed and burned though ... and that is the romance part. (Is there any romance at all ? ). I am not the one to complain about H scenes, but Utawarerumono featured an astonishingly pointless selection of those. Only one which somewhat made sense was Eruruu ... not like it mattered, because after the deed was done it was completely forgotten the next morning and there was zero change in the relationship between the two, nor was it ever brought up again. Of course to allow all the other H scenes to take place. Yuzuha actually had a feasible motivation, but how it came about was simply lame writing at the finest. (I can say the same about all of the scenes though).

I highly doubt the writer gave more than 10 minutes when coming up with this part of the story. I can see it now ...
"Ok, the story is done but one thing is still lacking: H scenes. Yes, thats right - we have to make the game more marketable. Here is the script for the scenes that i wrote over my lunch, go insert them somewhere. No, don't ask me where - i don't really care. What ? You say it is supposed to leave an actual impact on the relationships ? .. *scratches head* ... argh, be quiet and just put them in somewhere - i can't be bothered to adjust the story to include some minor spiritual things like "consistency" and "relationship progression". What ? Kamyu's scene doesn't make sense given her personality ... hm, you might be right about that ... i got it! Color her eyes red and give her an alternate personality that behaves like a little seductive demoness at the moment. Explanation ? Who needs that, just give her a lustful dark side. And make it snappy - i am going home in 10 minutes. "

On one hand it is simply poor writing, on other hand it makes Hakuoro look like some sort of a pimp who has no qualms about sleeping with every girl in the castle. At this point him supposedly having some deeper feelings for Eruruu seems simply laughable. I wonder if Makoto from school days didn't get his idea that sleeping around with everyone is fine from playing Utawarerumono, because Hakuoro deserves zero respect in this aspect.

The game also sorely lacks any sense of "epic", considering the supposed scale of the conflict. 6000 army ? who cares, not like we see more than the regular main character bunch all the time and nothing else. I didn't even feel them trying to convey the scale of the conflict besides giving us dry statements to crunch upon.

The CGs were generally nice looking though, and i am rather fond of the one with Kamyu dancing over the lake at night.

Overall Utawarerumono is a throughly average visual novel with astonishingly poor romance department. The battle elements managed to keep the gameplay fresh enough though, and overall i am somewhat satisfied. In a word: i can commend the anime for taking up a so so structured story with good potential and improving every aspect of it. (I particularly liked how they touched upon Eruruu's dilemma in the anime (true feelings or bound by contract), which was never mentioned in the game at all ... instead we got some not exactly convincing "i couldn't tell i loved you because the contract bound my heart" which is not only horribly ambigous, but also seems to ignore the fact she already slept with him ...but hey: it was being ignored 10 seconds after it was done, so heh. Sadly, Utawarerumono anime > Utawarerumono game by a fairly good margin.
Old 2008-07-21, 13:06   Link #314
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Just wondering about the Utawarriors game, when the characters do attacks and sometimes you see a white circle after an attack, I remember reading something about you can do something after or something? Anyone know?
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:35   Link #315
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Just wondering about the Utawarriors game, when the characters do attacks and sometimes you see a white circle after an attack, I remember reading something about you can do something after or something? Anyone know?
Either click inside the circle before it closes or hold down ctrl (I HIGHLY recommend just holding down ctrl). It does additional attacks that, if you have their combo stats maxed out, does a super-special attack at the end that does a lot of damage. Just be warned: If you have your "energy" (maybe its stamina, I don't remember) maxed out, you have higher defensive capabilities, so only use your final attack (even if its not the special attack) wisely. Even if you don't have the full combo, when your energy is maxed out you get that final attack, your energy will then be drained.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:01   Link #316
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Hm, that doesnt seem to work for me. I hold control and nothing happens and I cant click because there is no mouse cursor in the game for me.
And heres an image of the white circle I am talking about.

Old 2008-07-21, 23:06   Link #317
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hm, that doesnt seem to work for me. I hold control and nothing happens and I cant click because there is no mouse cursor in the game for me.
And heres an image of the white circle I am talking about.
Ah, no wonder! You seem to have a different version of Utawarerumono. I'm guessing it's the PS2 version, because that looks way different from the original PC version I own.
Old 2008-07-22, 11:07   Link #318
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Naw, its called Utawarriors.
http://azureflame.wordpress.com/2006...ono-mini-game/

It doesnt say anything about the white circle, but I am sure I seen it somewhere but I cant seem to find it anymore.
Old 2008-07-29, 19:41   Link #319
Shana

Quote:
Naw, its called Utawarriors.
http://azureflame.wordpress.com/2006...ono-mini-game/

It doesnt say anything about the white circle, but I am sure I seen it somewhere but I cant seem to find it anymore.
For the white circle, when you push control and the white circle appears, push control again and you get a combo.

I *think* it'll give you a combo, I didn't play that game for long.
Old 2008-09-19, 05:33   Link #320
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

I recently finished watching the anime and greatly enjoyed it awarding it a 9/10.Then i heard it was based on a VN so i went and ordered it online off Himeya shop after finding out mirror-moon/soyalations released an english patch for it.

Its a good game but like many have mentioned the H-scenes just left a bad taste in my mouth. If it weren't for them it or more accurately the way they were implemented i would definitely rate it better.

I know there's an all ages version for the PS2 but does anyone know if theres any confiramtion/rumors of a PC port of it(LOL i know a PC port of a PS2 port of a PC game)? I find it most appealing since it seems to have a lot of extra content, story scenes, no crappily done ero-content and seems to have had proper strategy RPG elements implemented.

I'm not going to get the Japanese PS2 version simply because i seem to be blessed with suck when it comes to Japanese, even though i can speak French, German and Spanish.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote