AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-08-19, 09:46   Link #2221
alamarco
Why hello there!

Javier Zanetti is the man. His loyalty to Inter goes unmatched as he gives his all for the club on and off the field.

Players like Totti, Del Piero, Zanetti, Gerrard, etc. help their clubs more than their on field play. They generate so much fan fare, so much merchandise, global appeal, etc. The more players you have like this, the more your team gains.

Man Utd. not only had Giggs, but Scholes, Keane and Neville as well. Even Solkjaer gained so much respect, despite being injured for so long. I think this helped Man Utd. become such a huge global power.

Chelsea operates like Real, you are right in saying that. They just buy the best players at the time. It's really sad because as soon as they start losing they will lose so much fans. They need to help build loyalty to the team, give the fans players they can respect and get attached too.

Last edited by alamarco; 2008-08-19 at 09:47. Reason: Forgot Keane :p
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 10:26   Link #2222
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, if that's the case then I think Lampard and Terry may well be Chelsea's "icons". Even Zola, to some extent, was pretty much a symbolic figure.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:21   Link #2223
alamarco
Why hello there!

Terry maybe, but definitely not Lampard. He was being linked to Inter the whole summer. He might of resigned, but when a player is so close to leaving I don't consider him being an icon.

Zola is probably the closest to being an icon. However that was part of the old Chelsea, before the Russian came in and bought everyone their own island.
Old 2008-08-19, 13:52   Link #2224
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Being linked with an other club doesn't necessarily mean that the player wants to leave. You know how newspapers love to feed on gossips. Trezeguet has been linked over and over with a lot of clubs in the past years and even during this summer, but he's still staying with us nonetheless. If the fans know the player no rumour or gossip can shake things up.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:26   Link #2225
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
That's how football is nowadays. I, as Juve supporter, am proud of the veterans (Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet, Buffon, Camoranesi, etc) we have who decided to stick with the team even when we faced penalitazion/relegation to Serie B.
They are what you real footballers, that aren't in it for money nor fame. And guess what? Those you mentioned are all Juve legends(Camoranesi...meh. A good player though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
On some unrelated bad news, Chiellini got injuried Sunday night in the friendly match versus Milan. Man this crap is happening every year, everytime they face us for this friendly game they keep injurying some of our key players without much regret. Last years they managed to injury Buffon, now it's Chiellini's turn. Blah. I wonder why certain teams need to play dirty even when it's a freaking friendly match.
Maybe so they can't play well in regular season?
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 23:43   Link #2226
alamarco
Why hello there!

Trezeguet wanted to leave and was quoted for that. If it weren't for Juve not wanting to give him up, he would of left. When Juve went into Serie B they sold a lot of players, but they had to keep some whether the players wanted to or not. Trezequet was one of them. He's been with Juve for a long time now, but I wouldn't call him loyal by any means.
Old 2008-08-20, 04:21   Link #2227
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Trezeguet wanted to leave and was quoted for that. If it weren't for Juve not wanting to give him up, he would of left. When Juve went into Serie B they sold a lot of players, but they had to keep some whether the players wanted to or not. Trezequet was one of them. He's been with Juve for a long time now, but I wouldn't call him loyal by any means.
That's not true, he's loyal, even his family has enjoyed staying in Turin. I had the chance of meeting his mother once when I went to see a game at the Olimpico in Turin (she was having a coffee during the break, at the bar in the "sponsor" area), and you can tell they're attached to the city and to the club as well. Trez never wanted to leave, when he made that gesture a year ago it was because the club was almost on the verge of selling him to cash some money after the financial blow, and he was obviously bitter about it since he wanted to stay. No sorry, he's no merc, he's a black and white player like the others I mentioned are.
Old 2008-08-23, 23:06   Link #2228
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Just wondering, but is anyone happy about the return of the special one on Setanta? Love that show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
As a neutral fan watching EPL, I think that Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea and other EPL teams could potentially build a core of "loyal" players. I don't know if it's about money, but people like Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard and so on should stick around with their clubs for most of their career, to try achieving something with their respective teams and also help them build a true identity as well. When there's a core of loyal players in a team it's also easy for newcomers to integrate well and feel more like a "family" rather than a bunch of mercs.
I agree, and it seems that Lampard is doing so with his recent extension. Personally, I think Gerrard is the perfect man for Liverpool and is seen as the unifying player in the team. Although I believe he should strenghen his Torres-Keane relationship which looked better today from last week. In a few games and when Mascherano comes back, I believe that Liverpool will be a better team....who needs Barry.... :P
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 17:40   Link #2229
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Holy Hell !! That was one hell of kidnapping lol ..

For less then 12 hours after the rumours starts, Robinho became a ManC player.

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:29   Link #2230
desi09

Yea...that was...well...
But 30.75 million for Bebatov is a little steep ain't it? When I looked at the update it surprised me O_o
About Robinho, we'll see how he does in the Chelsea match....
Old 2008-09-13, 10:57   Link #2231
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Liverpool 2 - 1 Man United

For far too long have I waited for this day. (Four years is a long time in football. And I've never really seen Liverpool win United live on TV ever since I began watching football back in 1996. )

And a deserving win as well, after making an error and allowing Tevez to score, it was Liverpool that did all the attacking (while it was thanks to a Wes Brown own-goal that parity was restored) and finally, for the first time in Benitez's reign, it paid dividends.

Ferguson may well say he's not got Ronaldo, but he seems to be forgetting Benitez didn't bring on Torres at all while Gerrard only came on at 70+ minutes, not to mention he's got Berbatov to cancel out Robbie Keane. He may also say the own-goal was lucky, but they've been the lucky ones in the past few encounters, scoring 1-0 in the last minute in both 2006 and 2007. So a reversal of luck is long overdue.

It's possible Liverpool's campaign to sizzle out near the end, but this win is indeed a crucial morale booster and I'd like to savour this for as long as it takes. Now bring on the Champions League.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-09-13 at 11:25.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 00:16   Link #2232
desi09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Liverpool 2 - 1 Man United

For far too long have I waited for this day. (Four years is a long time in football. And I've never really seen Liverpool win United live on TV ever since I began watching football back in 1996. )

And a deserving win as well, after making an error and allowing Tevez to score, it was Liverpool that did all the attacking (while it was thanks to a Wes Brown own-goal that parity was restored) and finally, for the first time in Benitez's reign, it paid dividends.

Ferguson may well say he's not got Ronaldo, but he seems to be forgetting Benitez didn't bring on Torres at all while Gerrard only came on at 70+ minutes, not to mention he's got Berbatov to cancel out Robbie Keane. He may also say the own-goal was lucky, but they've been the lucky ones in the past few encounters, scoring 1-0 in the last minute in both 2006 and 2007. So a reversal of luck is long overdue.

It's possible Liverpool's campaign to sizzle out near the end, but this win is indeed a crucial morale booster and I'd like to savour this for as long as it takes. Now bring on the Champions League.
Amen to that.

Also....if one were to look at the current standings, one would see Hull are 4th whereas Man U. are 13th.....yeah I know it'll change in a few weeks, but just looking at it brings a smile to my face (not that I'm a Hull fan). Just like Alan Green said, "I'd get the league table, have it framed, and then look away from the results from the rest of the season." XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRiWIbX0eg this is the best dramatization on how Berbatov got into man u. XD

Last edited by desi09; 2008-09-14 at 00:50. Reason: b/c the berba dramatization is the BEST!
Old 2009-02-25, 23:54   Link #2233
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

CL was good. i being a chelsea fan and a fan of the special one hate it that INter preformed badly.

but that is not important. we won against Juve. helll yeah!!!! i guess it doe help that there team is like 32/33+ age wise. we can run around them.

anyone see the Bayern vs Sporting game?????

sporting got a real wipping. Rubery ran circles around them aparentlly.

hate it that liverpool won. away goal as well. and without gerrad?? how did that happen.

side not.... did anyone catch the madrid vs betis game on the weekend. betis got slaughterd. 1 or 2 of those were saveable as well. my fave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s1M0j4YYh0

as a goalkeeper myself, you don't get chipped in your own 6 yeard box. that was mad.
Old 2009-02-26, 01:09   Link #2234
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

This season was one of the most annoying and unlucky season for us Gunners.. We won against Roma, but we still unsure of the result against Fulham this weekend.

Other teams committed to play 10 men behind the ball against us .. its annoying.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-26, 01:22   Link #2235
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Other teams committed to play 10 men behind the ball against us .. its annoying.
thats cause you wanna walk it into the net all the time.

but, it was unlucky losing practilly your whole midfield. that was hard, saying that Rosiky shouyld be back soon as well as Ceas, walcott and Edwardo should be abck soon as well. near the end of season could get intresting if Villa stay fourth. i think your like 6 points behind right now. they got some hard games coming up, city, spurs and liverpool. could get intresting.

though saying that you still have us and united. can't remember if it's home or away. and i want some revenge, we were robbed against you. Van persi was offside on the second one.

i don't really know why but, for some reason when arsenal lose i get really really happy. i don't know why.

as a chelsea fan i hate them for some reason. not just football hate but actual hate. i respect Man U don't like livepool but i respect there players, love Gerrard, sense when he was first introduced, amazing player. i don't really know why, but taht is just the way it is. something about them.
Old 2009-02-26, 02:01   Link #2236
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ROFL

I hate ManU.. both team AND the players (ex- included) the only other team belong it that group is of course, our going down to championship rival.. I am indifferent toward your Chelsea, but as world class as you guys can assembled, there absolutely no one there that made me said.. hey, I wished he played for us.... well, maybe a younger Makelele

Pool on the other hand, is something I love to poke.. of course, maybe steal Mascherano or Xavi

ManU this season have been stealing all our luck.. they never peaked and grinding out those 1 nil result week in week out.

We'll going to Pool mid April.. then host you in early May and going to OT on the 2nd last game (I hope I can get a very good birthday present really)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-26, 03:54   Link #2237
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
[i]or Xavi

ManU this season have been stealing all our luck.. they never peaked and grinding out those 1 nil result week in week out.
i would love to have Xavi. he is a great player and we need him now than ever. it's crazy to think that he was going to leave at start of the season. he is one of the best they have. Barry can't compair. Mickel is the weak link in out team. when Essain was there everything went through him and same with Mackelele. Mickel just isn't good enough. waste of money. i guess it would have helped to keep Diarra...though he was not really that good when he played for us.

i would take those 1 nil results all season long.

even though i am a chelsea supporter i would have .liked it if lamps and drogba left last summer. it would have been good. the team would have had to work extra hard, which lets face it, it's not something they are used to. that is why i hate chelsea some times.

we have world class players but there are only a handfull of players who will work hard for the team. Anelka is as lazy as a striker can get. always need to feed the ball to him. IMO he does nt work hard. luckely for him he has a great midfield to feed him the ball so he can finish. which i do admit he can finish, and we pay him close to 125 a week + goal bonuses i'm guessing. the players who will work IMO are Carvelihio, J. Cole, and Cech. if we are down and the chips are falling they will give it there all.

this is why i have a huge respect for Man U as well as Gerrard. they will never stop working. that is the mentality we should have. we play skill football. tactic. there is not a lot of passion in there eyes when playing. that is what should be there. the desire to play for the club. all the really great players in the world play for the club and work damn hard all game never giving up. they have passion to play.

where's when we play it looks like they play for the money. i would gladly take a bad season if it meant that the team learn and play passionatly.

i know that this is a very romatic and idealistic notion when it come to football but that is the way it should be. like the reason for my Man U respect is not giving up, before the past generation (treble winners) used to play with passion and now they play with never giving up attatude. this was one of the reasons i think we lost in CL final. by the end they did't want to win it. i was practically crying at the end of that match.

though i did see some of that desire at the Liverpool game in the semi. i think it was cause we lost so many time to them at that stage and wanted to win it sooo bad. not again you know. that would have been hard to swollow.

e.g when they were losing to Juve in 99 in CL semi away from home and the Keano comes in heading the corner home, when he knew he could't play in the final. Sheringham and Solskjaer scoring at the end. that wasn't luck, that was doing all they can to get the win. not giving up. even without Schols and Kean suspended.

whih Chelsea at the moment it feels like if that happend to one of the players they would just give up and be a burden. but, in saying all of this i will stay with us through thick and thin.
Old 2009-02-26, 09:22   Link #2238
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
ROFL

I hate ManU.. both team AND the players (ex- included) the only other team belong it that group is of course, our going down to championship rival.. I am indifferent toward your Chelsea, but as world class as you guys can assembled, there absolutely no one there that made me said.. hey, I wished he played for us.... well, maybe a younger Makelele

What makes me sick is that these "little teams", when they play against Liverpool or Arsenal, they park their team bus in front of the goal, but when playing against Man U, some of them just lay down flat and allow themselves to be trampled all over.

Quote:
Pool on the other hand, is something I love to poke.. of course, maybe steal Mascherano or Xavi

We'll going to Pool mid April.. then host you in early May and going to OT on the 2nd last game (I hope I can get a very good birthday present really)
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Talk about rumour mill getting too ridiculous and unfair. Instead of applauding Liverpool on a famous victory over Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, they carp on and on and on about how Benitez will be gone by the time Real visit Anfield, simply because his contract is still being ironed out. Maybe I'm paranoid and biased, but I genuinely believe there's a conspiracy in certain sections of the media to get rid of him.

And don't get me started on the double standards on some of the media, one example includes when "Mr" Ferguson starts a game prior to a crucial match without Ronaldo and Rooney, he's "suitably resting his star players", but when Senor Benitez rests Gerrard and Torres, he's "tinkering with the squad".
Old 2009-02-26, 10:13   Link #2239
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
What makes me sick is that these "little teams", when they play against Liverpool or Arsenal, they park their team bus in front of the goal, but when playing against Man U, some of them just lay down flat and allow themselves to be trampled all over.
it's not them taht are doing that. it's that Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and chelsea are making them look like that. some of it is bad defending but, mostly it's cause they just complitly outplay them, in terms of skill, tactics, passing, positioning.........everything. Man u made chelsea look ordenery when we went to Old Trafford. we did'nt sit and let them but by the time we knew it we were trampled over. that's what happens.

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Man U's schedule. liverpool in mid april and arsenal second to last game

Quote:
And don't get me started on the double standards on some of the media, one example includes when "Mr" Ferguson starts a game prior to a crucial match without Ronaldo and Rooney, he's "suitably resting his star players", but when Senor Benitez rests Gerrard and Torres, he's "tinkering with the squad".
useually never at an important game. he is thinking of the next game and thinking of the suspensions and injury. e.g. if neville is suspended for the CL and they have a CL game the one after the current game, he has to put in Rafael or some one who can play there so that they get used to the position and can play there best in the important CL game. it's called forward thinking. Fergi doesn't tinker with team when there winning week in and week out. he has his best players. the best play. Rafa does it so that the whole team plays and the best players who should play don't becasue of the long season. meaning there form goes off. look at evens and rafael, they are very good but, when neville and ferdinand or vidic come back from injry they play, becasue they are the best. but for Rafa when Gerrard and Torres are firing on all cilinders and kicking rear each week, he plays someone else and says it's a long season.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-02-26 at 10:23.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 10:57   Link #2240
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
but for Rafa when Gerrard and Torres are firing on all cilinders and kicking rear each week, he plays someone else and says it's a long season.
That's a lie, I'm not saying it's you, but generally at this illusion conceived by the media. With the exception of the League Cup, Rafa will ALWAYS play Gerrard and Torres together unless either one is injured or suspended.

Tags
football, soccer