AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-05, 03:17   Link #1
Huoniu

Send a message via AIM to Huoniu
The generic "What happened to this Fansub Group" thread

I know there are a lot of PoT fans out there. It's been so long since I've last seen PoT. I was wondering if anyone has any news about A-O and future PoT releases?
Huoniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 03:56   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Why don't you try their IRC channel then? From their channel topic: Topic is 'Welcome to [a-o] anime-otakus! [!rules] [#fob@MircX] [ http://www.anime-otakus.com ][ http://a.scarywater.net/ao ] DaQ15 [ 4571DFBA ] PoT 98 [ 1B69605A ] DaQ 16 [ 37E2F2D8 ] PoT 99 [Very Soon]

So keep yer pants on! Also it's not a good idea to ask when stuff is coming out. You just sit back and wait for it to come and then you say thank you sir! and not may I have another.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 05:42   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yet another Prince of Tennis thread!!! I'll just repeat what I said in the other threads

Standard YaPoTT reply...

This seems a common question with Prince of Tennis fans recently... There seems to have been a flurry of "Has A-O stopped fansubbing PoT", "When are A-O going to release the next episode of PoT". Please have a look at the release record of PoT, you will see that A-O tend to release in clumps.

Just be patient, A-O will release more when they are ready. Be grateful that a group is fansubbing the series and doing such a good job of it.

As per the forum rules...
  • Do not ask for when stuff will be released
    Do not ask when episodes will be released. They'll be released once the fansub group is finished with them. All your whining will do is irritate fansub group staff and make them leave the scene. And that will mean even slower releases or none at all. So just have some PATIENCE. Threads which break this rule will be deleted.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 20:56   Link #4
ssj3heiko

What happened to ...

What happened to Maburaho, Detective Academy Q and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
Are they still in work, or what?
ssj3heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 21:12   Link #5
corp20
Internet God

Maburaho is still be worked on by Sugar-Cube. The other ones I don't follow so I don't know.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:27   Link #6
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Maburaho is still be worked on by Sugar-Cube. The other ones I don't follow so I don't know.
I hope akeep keeps doing maburaho
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:56   Link #7
Keiichi

I asked a while back then did more detective work. If you look at AK release dates you'll see that avenger was shelved for a month and then they started it up again. My guess is thats whats happend to mah.
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 23:45   Link #8
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi
I asked a while back then did more detective work. If you look at AK release dates you'll see that avenger was shelved for a month and then they started it up again. My guess is thats whats happend to mah.
I hope not............... It will make me cry............
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 01:54   Link #9
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

In the reality of watching fansubs, you either cry or go watch something else in the meantime. I'd choose the latter if I were you.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 02:08   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

As for Maburaho, probably has to do due to the fact that the Episode 10 aired on our WOWOW BS satellite non-scrambled broadcast on 12/19/2003 and that Episode 11 won't be airing until today (1/6/2003 18:00 JST)?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 02:41   Link #11
Fiyaitup
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj3heiko
What happened to Maburaho, Detective Academy Q and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
Are they still in work, or what?
im wondering about Detective academy Q and Maburaho also, never saw kamikaze kaito jeanne, anyways, i typically stay faithful to the group i dl a series from, i dl'd det. academy Q from live-evil, not cuz i like them better or anything really, but cuz they had just released the packs and they were seeding nicely anyways, recently i decided to get ep 15 and 16 from Anime-Otakus, and they dl'd fast as lightning like 2 mins per ep. seriously lol, then i watched them and they turned out to be ep 13 and 14 in actuality...u could imagine my disappointment/anger, did this happen to anyone else?

maburaho, i dont think keep dropped it, i know that keep is having some staffing problems, they're short a few guys, so they're slow right now, maburaho will probably keepcoming but just at a slower pace, they'll probably let the series go for a bit, and then do a few eps at a time and release the lot of em
Fiyaitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 02:52   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Stop whinging for new episodes. The ultimate rule in conjunction with this question is that it will be ready when it is ready. If you really want to know you should check the forums of the group in question. More often than not someone has already asked the question on their own forum and been told to shut up because they are still doing the anime saving you the trouble of looking like a fool.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 12:47   Link #13
portapottyguy

wut happened to akeep?

hey what happened to akeep?!! i love them. are they on a break or something? cuz damn i'm falling behind on my chrno crusade and full metal alchemist
portapottyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:08   Link #14
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by portapottyguy
hey what happened to akeep?!! i love them. are they on a break or something? cuz damn i'm falling behind on my chrno crusade and full metal alchemist
they were probably on vacation or something
its been a week, sheesh, your falling behind in a show isn't their problem you should be more patient, a lot of groups have been releasing very slowly these past 2 weeks, give them a break, they'll release it soon

also, dont you have other things to do than just wait for cc or fma, you need to get a life if you're getting like that over anime

sorry if im being harsh, but people have been posting "where is this, where is that" and they just need to chill out and be patient
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:10   Link #15
7thMethuselah

judging from the fact we had a few holidays lately they are probably still recoveering from their respective hangovers

or they're all college students and suddenly they realise their exams are next week and they haven't even bought the books yet
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 21:56   Link #16
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
judging from the fact we had a few holidays lately they are probably still recoveering from their respective hangovers

or they're all college students and suddenly they realise their exams are next week and they haven't even bought the books yet
You guys have exams AFTER winter break? Or are you in China when you get Chinese New Years break instead? =P

You know, I wonder what would happen to these impatient downloaders if we pitched them back into the days of tapesubs... a few days of SHIPPING is a minimum
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 00:09   Link #17
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
You guys have exams AFTER winter break? Or are you in China when you get Chinese New Years break instead? =P
I'm in the US, and we just started back here.... making things rather hectic trying to buy books and get schedules straightened out and fall into niches and get the feel for classes.

That, and the bastards in one class already assigned a paper due next week. JEESH. .

I imagine some of the people in a lot of other groups are in the same situation: first week or two of classes, or classes just about to start back, or whatever. I know of some people in europe who have exams about now too... lots of craziness going on. And it's all college's fault!
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 03:30   Link #18
JediNight
キズランダム

People like this really piss me off. Hey buddy guess what, we aren't obligated to provide you with jack. Everyone had holidays stuff to do, or was on vacation in alot of groups. Even if that wasn't the case, be grateful you get anything at all, and just bc you don't get your fix for 1-2 weeks doesn't give you any right to complain.

)(#&%)(@#&% grrr I need a gun that shoots ppl back in time to tapesubs times and see how they like having the choice of maybe half a dozen series a year and 3-4 eps every couple MONTHS....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 10:28   Link #19
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
to jedinight: I sympathize, but calm down, please? Most people often forget that there are humans at the other end doing subbing for animes that these people go for like crack. :/

I always wondered if fansubs were even CREATED back then... neat.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 10:36   Link #20
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Yeah it's probably people being busy with school starting. I know things are being hecktic for me as well. It's hard work to do subs and stuff, we all have our lives to live and things to take care of. Just be patient, it's not like a couple weeks of no cc will kill you or anything. School > fansubs. That is and has always been my motto in this, I think that I share that motto with most fansubbers, at least those of us who are in college or high school or whatever. Just be patient and wate.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote